Beginners' Mafia 34.3: DP7

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 8:43:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

XLAV - You are NOG. A chauvinist and a self-centered little twerp, whenever you try to get a girl, you end up offending her such that she'd rather kill you than date you. Because you just can't seem to get it, you are the VIRGIN. If you are lynched, all NKs that NP will be prevented. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Wylted - Framer - Mafia
Ore - Cult Leader - Cult
Esocial - Cultist - Cult
Yama - Strongman - Mafia
Harder - Doctor - Town
Rev - Vanilla - Town
Nivek - Cop - Town
HPG - Tracker - Town
Subutai - Alarmist - Town
XLAV - Virgin - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

User
Khaos
Medic
Ashkan

With 4 players remaining, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, DDO time, on 1/29/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 10:47:20 PM
Okay, XLAV scum read Medic, who has been wrong about so, so much this game.
However, I think that1user is scum for reasons stated.

Ash is town, I think we all agree on that.
Further, we MUST lynch today.
Ash, who do you think is scum?
Medic, why me?
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:28:10 PM
At 1/27/2015 10:47:20 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

Medic, why me?

Why do we have to lynch today? Even if we don't we still have 1 more day and 1 less person. Considering the fact that he has been on but not posting make me think that1user is scum
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 3:09:56 AM
At 1/27/2015 11:28:10 PM, ashkan wrote:

Medic, why me?

Why do we have to lynch today? Even if we don't we still have 1 more day and 1 less person. Considering the fact that he has been on but not posting make me think that1user is scum

Because you are hated.
If we no lynch, then mafia will kill someone, leaving three players.
With three players, it takes two to lynch. However, since you are hated, it only takes one to lynch you (one less). So mafia will vote you single-handedly and win.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:50:31 AM

I've been wrong?? Well who has been right so far?? No one was lynched based on my theme theory, so who cares if I was wrong on that, it made sense until Nivek claimed. At least I was trying to do something.

Medic, why me?

PoE, it's down to you and User. User claimed a captains character on DP1, and unless he was given that as a fake claim by the mod, I don't think he would have been gutsy enough to do that so early, since he's fairly new. I also think he knows that total inactivity by mafia would lose him the game, and don't think he'd try that tactic as scum.

I'll let Ash decide who should be lynched.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:30:32 AM
At 1/28/2015 5:50:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I've been wrong?? Well who has been right so far?? No one was lynched based on my theme theory, so who cares if I was wrong on that, it made sense until Nivek claimed. At least I was trying to do something.

Medic, why me?

PoE, it's down to you and User.
PoE doesn't cut it, since you said yesterday it was me or XLAV. Thus, you want my head today. I don't know what to make of this development.

User claimed a captains character on DP1, and unless he was given that as a fake claim by the mod,
It's happened before. bsh1 often gives mafia fake claims in regular games. Also, depending on his role (which, supposedly is a roleblocker), he could have been used as bait to out a PR.
Also, need I remind you that I claimed two after you DP1, and I claimed the mod's favorite character. So, while he claimed a major character, I claimed a character that was almost assuredly in this game, and is town.
Obviously, from my POV, it is you or user.

I don't think he would have been gutsy enough to do that so early, since he's fairly new. I also think he knows that total inactivity by mafia would lose him the game, and don't think he'd try that tactic as scum.
And, yet, he hasn't been replaced....

This, I don't like, either.
However, since it is a beginner game, I am tempted to let it slide, and agree.
Letting the noob decide the fate of the game is perfect for a beginner series game.
Will you vote yourself if he chooses you?

Let's make a pact.
We'll let Ash do all the scum hunting (if you want to respond to my statement, that will be it). He can ask the questions. I will vote for myself if he thinks I am scum, and you will vote you if he says you.
Agreed?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:51:27 AM
At 1/28/2015 8:30:32 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/28/2015 5:50:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Medic, why me?

PoE, it's down to you and User.
PoE doesn't cut it, since you said yesterday it was me or XLAV. Thus, you want my head today. I don't know what to make of this development.

Actually what I said yesterday is that if it came down to you and User, which it has, I would opt to lynch User. Reason being is that if you are scum, at least you played and deserve the win. I'd much rather lose that way than to risk losing to someone who didn't even participate in the game. Therefore, as I said, I would choose to lynch User over you.

User claimed a captains character on DP1, and unless he was given that as a fake claim by the mod,
It's happened before. bsh1 often gives mafia fake claims in regular games. Also, depending on his role (which, supposedly is a roleblocker), he could have been used as bait to out a PR.
Also, need I remind you that I claimed two after you DP1, and I claimed the mod's favorite character. So, while he claimed a major character, I claimed a character that was almost assuredly in this game, and is town.
Obviously, from my POV, it is you or user.

I don't think he would have been gutsy enough to do that so early, since he's fairly new. I also think he knows that total inactivity by mafia would lose him the game, and don't think he'd try that tactic as scum.
And, yet, he hasn't been replaced....

This, I don't like, either.
However, since it is a beginner game, I am tempted to let it slide, and agree.
Letting the noob decide the fate of the game is perfect for a beginner series game.
Will you vote yourself if he chooses you?

Let's make a pact.
We'll let Ash do all the scum hunting (if you want to respond to my statement, that will be it). He can ask the questions. I will vote for myself if he thinks I am scum, and you will vote you if he says you.
Agreed?

Ok, agreed.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:26:57 AM

So, we must lynch today, and me and Medic have decided to put the game in your hands.
(if you were not hated, we'd no lynch, and likely the game would be in your hands anyway)

Feel free to ask me or Medic anything, but we will be backing your vote, even if it is on either of us.
Choose wisely, mate.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 9:34:55 AM
At 1/28/2015 9:26:57 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

So, we must lynch today, and me and Medic have decided to put the game in your hands.
(if you were not hated, we'd no lynch, and likely the game would be in your hands anyway)

Feel free to ask me or Medic anything, but we will be backing your vote, even if it is on either of us.
Choose wisely, mate.

Now watch, Ash will end up being scum. He's prolly reading this and thinking, those 2 yutzes just handed me the game on a silver platter...lol.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:01:27 AM

Choose wisely, mate.
At this point I wish I was scum. I don't know what to ask.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:03:50 AM
At 1/28/2015 9:34:55 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Choose wisely, mate.

Now watch, Ash will end up being scum. He's prolly reading this and thinking, those 2 yutzes just handed me the game on a silver platter...lol.

LOL
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 10:07:22 AM
At 1/28/2015 10:01:27 AM, ashkan wrote:

Choose wisely, mate.
At this point I wish I was scum. I don't know what to ask.

You don't have to ask us anything.
Try to find the person who is likely scum.
If you don't feel you need to ask anything, then so be it.

Who seems like they've been trying to mislead the town?
Who seems to stay alive for than they should?
Who seems to know more than they should?
Who seems they are not part of our team?
Whose character claim or role seems out of place?

Figure this out, by whatever means you need to.
I generally try to understand what people's purpose is, so I ask questions.
Others go from social cues or gut feelings.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 12:09:16 PM
I want to hear who you guys think is scum and why. When I'm out of school I will look though the DP'S and go from their.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 12:20:36 PM
At 1/28/2015 12:09:16 PM, ashkan wrote:
I want to hear who you guys think is scum and why. When I'm out of school I will look though the DP'S and go from their.

I think User is more likely scum over Medic.
The fact they both claimed captains early is null, since one of them is clearly scum (not you, not me). Also, Medic had a reason to claim, he was trying to draw the NK, while That1User claimed for no reason, under no pressure, and didn't use his 1x role until his target died, which he offered early, before all the roles were out.
Also, he hasn't been replaced.

So, for those reasons I am thinking that1user.

However, Medic I'm not so sure about, given his bad theories and willingness to lynch HPG just to make a point.

Also, in my experience, Yama and Wylted have not historically helped mafia after they have died when I played with them before, but this cuts both ways. Medic making strategic kills, but that1user staying quiet. But, again, I think this is a point in Medic's favor, as I am pretty sure that1user has some experience, so I'm sure he'd know to kill the doctor and cop ASAP.

So, all things considered, I'd vote for that1user. And, like Medic, I'd rather lose to a player who actually played (in a game that doesn't really count, mind you) than lose to a player hiding in the shadows.
If Medic is scum, then his gambit DP1 was good enough to fool most people. Besides, I'd need User to vote for Medic, which is likely not going to happen.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 4:16:00 PM
At 1/28/2015 12:09:16 PM, ashkan wrote:

If scum were given fake claims, which is a possibility, then obviously User, but since we don't know whether they were or not, I'm not really sure though my gut says it's User, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. Like I said though, I'd rather lose to someone who played, than someone who just lurked the whole game. Khaos makes a good point, User hasn't been replaced. That's not a strong clue, but it adds to suspicion.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 5:54:12 PM
He ignored the last 2 DP's. He has been active on the website during both. Its as if he is trying to ignore it. I got nothing besides that.

B1sh: can you send an activity prompt or something to That1user?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:54:47 PM
At 1/28/2015 5:54:12 PM, ashkan wrote:
He ignored the last 2 DP's. He has been active on the website during both. Its as if he is trying to ignore it. I got nothing besides that.

B1sh: can you send an activity prompt or something to That1user?

Might as well proceed as though he is going to be a no show. I say we lynch him.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 8:57:22 PM
ATTENTION

Subutai is going to replace User.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 7:22:54 AM
At 1/28/2015 8:57:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

Was this meant for the other beginner game, or is sub taking over for him in both games??
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:39:18 AM
The person who is ment to replace the inactive is inactive. Great!
is it usual for a non mafia to replace a mafia member.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:39:44 AM
is it usual for a non mafia to replace a mafia member?
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 11:46:13 AM
At 1/29/2015 11:39:44 AM, ashkan wrote:

There is no reason a non-mafia player cannot replace in as either town or mafia.
A mafia player cannot replace in, as they would have to be mafia, and lynched immediately anyway.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 12:28:27 PM
At 1/29/2015 7:22:54 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 1/28/2015 8:57:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ATTENTION

Was this meant for the other beginner game, or is sub taking over for him in both games??

Sub is replacing him in both games.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 4:41:46 PM
At 1/29/2015 11:46:13 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/29/2015 11:39:44 AM, ashkan wrote:

There is no reason a non-mafia player cannot replace in as either town or mafia.
A mafia player cannot replace in, as they would have to be mafia, and lynched immediately anyway.

Let's just lynch that slot and put this game away.

VTL User
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 5:16:48 PM
I will show you all I have had to do today if you don't believe me. I didn't want town is automatically lose this after I tried so hard in the beginning of the game, so I decided to sub back in. In case User didn't tell you, he motivated Harder in NP3. Sadly, he was the one that died in the night. Is ash confirmed town as hated?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.