Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mega Man Mafia - DP2

KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:34:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What a devastating night!!!

Lynched last DP:
Bullish - Wood Man - Friendly Neighbor, each night you MUST select a player for the sole purpose of visiting them. You win with town.

Died in the Night:
Yama - Metal Man - Doctor, each night, you may select a player to protect from any shots in the night. You win with the town.

Classified - Shadow Man - Watcher, each night you may select a player to learn who visits them. You win with the town.

Harder - Proto Man - you are the friendly neighbor. Each night, you MUST visit another player, for the sole purpose of visiting them.
You win with the town.

FT/XLAV - ???

1. Medic
2. Rev
3. ford
4. bossy
5. Danielle
6. Smith
7. TUF
8. bsh1 (replacing Zaradi)
9. PBG
10. TN05

The DP ends 72 hours from this post.
With 10 players, it takes six to lynch.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:37:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Um...wow...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:44:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh wellz,

TUF needs to tell me what happened to him last night, whoever CC'd Bullish is confirmed town, because I am outing myself as the third friendly neighbour, hence I know that the second friendly neibour genuinely believed his CC to be valid.

Other info, I submitted my action late, and picked up an interesting bit of a mod slip that there were still 4 peeps yet to submit actions. This suggests that everyone likely has some sort of role, and vanilla claims are more likely to be scum claims. Given Khaos' earlier advice in the signups that nobody received a justification, but every role has some sort of reason that he will release upon request, this assumption makes sense.

Atm, we should consider working out how to avoid a similar NP to this one, since this death rate is clearly unsustainable in a mafia game. probs as important as your scum hunting.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:44:35 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Oh wellz,

TUF needs to tell me what happened to him last night, whoever CC'd Bullish is confirmed town, because I am outing myself as the third friendly neighbour, hence I know that the second friendly neibour genuinely believed his CC to be valid.

Harder died in the night.

Other info, I submitted my action late, and picked up an interesting bit of a mod slip that there were still 4 peeps yet to submit actions. This suggests that everyone likely has some sort of role, and vanilla claims are more likely to be scum claims. Given Khaos' earlier advice in the signups that nobody received a justification, but every role has some sort of reason that he will release upon request, this assumption makes sense.

Okay.

Atm, we should consider working out how to avoid a similar NP to this one, since this death rate is clearly unsustainable in a mafia game. probs as important as your scum hunting.

Agreed.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:53:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What the holy fvck? So much death! and how the fvck did they hit both the watcher and the doc on the first night?

Anyone have anything to report?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:56:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Also, because I know that my hammer last DP makes me look scum and because the two power roles I was hoping to protect via secrecy are both dead...

Im townsided roleblocker. I roleblocked harder during the night.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:57:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:56:20 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Also, because I know that my hammer last DP makes me look scum and because the two power roles I was hoping to protect via secrecy are both dead...

Im townsided roleblocker. I roleblocked harder during the night.

Could you explain the bolded?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 10:59:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.

I disagree. They could just have easily been a townie that was janitored to give scum a free fake claim. There is no good reason to presuppose that they were non-town.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:01:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:59:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.

I disagree. They could just have easily been a townie that was janitored to give scum a free fake claim. There is no good reason to presuppose that they were non-town.

So in the first NP alone we lose almost half the town? Surely not?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:02:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 10:57:21 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:56:20 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Also, because I know that my hammer last DP makes me look scum and because the two power roles I was hoping to protect via secrecy are both dead...

Im townsided roleblocker. I roleblocked harder during the night.

Could you explain the bolded?

The point of refusing to claim is to keep protective and healing roles hidden from scum via secrecy. As more people with those roles die or are outed, secrecy moves from useful to suspicious. Were the only thing effecting this the NKs, i would still hold out on claiming, but since I hammered on a townie lynch and since my secrecy was suspicious enough last DP, I decided to go ahead and claim in order to shake any avoidable suspicion. That allows me to expend my energy scumhunting rather than defending myself against suspicion that could be avoided.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:03:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:01:52 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:59:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.

I disagree. They could just have easily been a townie that was janitored to give scum a free fake claim. There is no good reason to presuppose that they were non-town.

So in the first NP alone we lose almost half the town? Surely not?

I mean, it's possible. To me, that would seem to confirm TUF's supposition last DP that there are multiple factions.

Harder could've easily been the target of a vigilante, who killed him because Bullish wasn't scum. But the rest of the kills could've been the result of two scum factions taking out townies.

Really, at this juncture, we don't have enough information to rule out anything.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:03:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:01:52 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:59:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.

I disagree. They could just have easily been a townie that was janitored to give scum a free fake claim. There is no good reason to presuppose that they were non-town.

So in the first NP alone we lose almost half the town? Surely not?

What makes you think that 4/16 = almost half of town?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:06:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:03:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Have you claimed yet?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:07:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:03:46 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:01:52 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:59:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:50:20 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 10:48:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
What do you think of FT/XLAV? Town roles don't mask dead people to make it harder for the rest of us, hence I think FT/XLAV were probably non-town.

I disagree. They could just have easily been a townie that was janitored to give scum a free fake claim. There is no good reason to presuppose that they were non-town.

So in the first NP alone we lose almost half the town? Surely not?

What makes you think that 4/16 = almost half of town?

I refer to 5 townies, since mods consider mislynches like this when balancing games. 10 townies and 5 non-townies, with high chance of TP. maybe 11 townies, 3 Maf, 1 TP. Either way, 5 town deaths in a night under any conditions is pretty much game-breaking. If it happens again, we'll lose on numbers.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:10:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Working out sources of death:

Nk=1
possible vig=1
mislynch = 1
serial killer=1

makes for four deaths, we are missing one.

What are the chances of multiple vigs?

Also, if there is a PGO, you likely killed a power role, so i'd go ahead and come out if I were you.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:15:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:06:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:03:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Have you claimed yet?

OMG. (1) Yes, I've made a very clear soft-claim, and (2) stop fishing. First, let's try to figure out what we wanna do after last night.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:16:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
VTL PBG

It's hard to determine his motives for wanting to out a PGO if they exist. I think it's my job as a friendly neighbour who is required to visit people to worry about PGO's. PBG isn't one, so his recommendation and justification "you killed a power role" reek of fish.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:21:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:15:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:06:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:03:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Have you claimed yet?

OMG. (1) Yes, I've made a very clear soft-claim, and (2) stop fishing. First, let's try to figure out what we wanna do after last night.

Im not fishing, I dont remember. And that is exactly what im trying to do, make sure that I have as much information as is available so that I can figure out what we have ot work with.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:23:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:16:38 PM, Smithereens wrote:
VTL PBG

It's hard to determine his motives for wanting to out a PGO if they exist. I think it's my job as a friendly neighbour who is required to visit people to worry about PGO's. PBG isn't one, so his recommendation and justification "you killed a power role" reek of fish.

I don't really disagree with the vote, but I disagree with your reasons for it. A PGO is a negative utility role. Most active roles in any game are going to be town. That means that town has a greater likelihood of being killed by the PGO than scum. PGO is a role that should out as SOP, if only to preserve useful townies from being killed.

Given that, I think it is *every* townie's job to worry about a PGO. Though, I understand that fishing for a PGO could be scum-motivated (scum wanting to avoid the NK), there are also good, townie reasons to be doing the same.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:24:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:21:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:15:30 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:06:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:03:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Have you claimed yet?

OMG. (1) Yes, I've made a very clear soft-claim, and (2) stop fishing. First, let's try to figure out what we wanna do after last night.

Im not fishing, I dont remember. And that is exactly what im trying to do, make sure that I have as much information as is available so that I can figure out what we have ot work with.

You've been pushing for a lot of information very quickly, Pots. Sure, outing some info is good, but it's not advisable at the pace you're going. I felt you were fishing needlessly last DP, and I feel like you're doing it this DP too.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:24:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
VTL Pots

I will provide a justification for my vote shortly. I am compiling some info.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:25:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:23:10 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:16:38 PM, Smithereens wrote:
VTL PBG

It's hard to determine his motives for wanting to out a PGO if they exist. I think it's my job as a friendly neighbour who is required to visit people to worry about PGO's. PBG isn't one, so his recommendation and justification "you killed a power role" reek of fish.

I don't really disagree with the vote, but I disagree with your reasons for it. A PGO is a negative utility role. Most active roles in any game are going to be town. That means that town has a greater likelihood of being killed by the PGO than scum. PGO is a role that should out as SOP, if only to preserve useful townies from being killed.

Given that, I think it is *every* townie's job to worry about a PGO. Though, I understand that fishing for a PGO could be scum-motivated (scum wanting to avoid the NK), there are also good, townie reasons to be doing the same.

Agreed. Unvote
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:27:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:26:10 PM, RevNge wrote:
VTL PBG

Someone roleblocked me last night, or Smithers can't be targeted.

From what I know, I can be targetted, but do consider that there is almost certainly flavours. I visited TUF last night, depending on what he knows happened to him, I'll support or fight your vote.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:29:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:27:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:26:10 PM, RevNge wrote:
VTL PBG

Someone roleblocked me last night, or Smithers can't be targeted.

From what I know, I can be targetted, but do consider that there is almost certainly flavours. I visited TUF last night, depending on what he knows happened to him, I'll support or fight your vote.

All I know is that my action failed on you. I doubt I would be flavored unless I was Insane due to my character, but that doesn't even make sense with my role as far as I can tell.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 11:30:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/31/2015 11:29:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:27:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 1/31/2015 11:26:10 PM, RevNge wrote:
VTL PBG

Someone roleblocked me last night, or Smithers can't be targeted.

From what I know, I can be targetted, but do consider that there is almost certainly flavours. I visited TUF last night, depending on what he knows happened to him, I'll support or fight your vote.

All I know is that my action failed on you. I doubt I would be flavored unless I was Insane due to my character, but that doesn't even make sense with my role as far as I can tell.

I think you just said too much... We don't have any protective roles left, presumably. :(
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...