Jump to topic:

Any Good Fate Games?

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:08:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've played 2 fate games, and they both died off early with the mods quitting. Are there any good fate games going on or anything of the sort? It's really annoying to start a fun game then have the game fail due to the players and mod lacking participation.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 2:24:35 AM
At 2/9/2015 1:08:49 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
I've played 2 fate games, and they both died off early with the mods quitting. Are there any good fate games going on or anything of the sort? It's really annoying to start a fun game then have the game fail due to the players and mod lacking participation.

The problem with fate games is that they require an absolutely stupid amount of planning because you have to plan for literally every scenario imaginable while still being able to make a workable game with a workable system and a workable plot. And that's all just before the game starts.

Once the game starts it's 10-15 people bombarding you with their individual demands and requests that you have to fulfill and they're inevitably going to think of something that you didn't think of, so you have to account for that and find a way for it to fit into the game without screwing up the game and it's incredibly taxing. It's a full time job on steroids.

I've always been a fan of these types of games when they're really well thought out and crafted, but it's too time intensive to get that level of perfection done and there really isn't anyone left on the site who has that type of time and is willing to put it all to a Fate game in order for something like that to work again. I would, but I don't have that kind of time, and even if I did I don't know if I would want to use it all for a Fate game.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 3:01:01 AM
At 2/9/2015 2:24:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:

The problem with fate games is that they require an absolutely stupid amount of planning because you have to plan for literally every scenario imaginable while still being able to make a workable game with a workable system and a workable plot. And that's all just before the game starts.

Once the game starts it's 10-15 people bombarding you with their individual demands and requests that you have to fulfill and they're inevitably going to think of something that you didn't think of, so you have to account for that and find a way for it to fit into the game without screwing up the game and it's incredibly taxing. It's a full time job on steroids.

I've always been a fan of these types of games when they're really well thought out and crafted, but it's too time intensive to get that level of perfection done and there really isn't anyone left on the site who has that type of time and is willing to put it all to a Fate game in order for something like that to work again. I would, but I don't have that kind of time, and even if I did I don't know if I would want to use it all for a Fate game.

Well the last one I was in only had 6 players and 2 mods, so theoretically there shouldn't have been an issue. But yea I get your point.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:02:13 AM

FREEDO's Class War and Donald's Game of Kings Fate game were great and they are my favorites.

FREEDO's game was the best and his game got me hooked until the end. I also loved Donald game, but he lost me when we reached the gunpowder age, lol. I was hoping for a medieval only themed game, which is why I lost interest in the end game.

To add what Zaradi said, Fate games take a crazy lot of time to perfect. The responsibility of making the Fate game work goes to both the players and mod, though more so for the mod. The mod has to keep things interesting for the players to keep on playing. The player has to keep on playing in order to keep the other players interested and the mod motivated.

I played Jifpop's incomplete Gang wars Fate game. Only me and CoolDude were the only ones playing out of 10 players after a week of playing. Since we were the only once left playing, the mod lost motivation. I was disappointed that game went inactive. I t had a lot of potential and I liked its micromanagement and the variety of gangs. It could have become one of the best fate games I've ever played.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 3:06:52 PM
At 2/9/2015 8:02:13 AM, XLAV wrote:

FREEDO's Class War and Donald's Game of Kings Fate game were great and they are my favorites.

FREEDO's game was the best and his game got me hooked until the end. I also loved Donald game, but he lost me when we reached the gunpowder age, lol. I was hoping for a medieval only themed game, which is why I lost interest in the end game.

To add what Zaradi said, Fate games take a crazy lot of time to perfect. The responsibility of making the Fate game work goes to both the players and mod, though more so for the mod. The mod has to keep things interesting for the players to keep on playing. The player has to keep on playing in order to keep the other players interested and the mod motivated.

I played Jifpop's incomplete Gang wars Fate game. Only me and CoolDude were the only ones playing out of 10 players after a week of playing. Since we were the only once left playing, the mod lost motivation. I was disappointed that game went inactive. I t had a lot of potential and I liked its micromanagement and the variety of gangs. It could have become one of the best fate games I've ever played.

Yea I see the potential that Fate has to be a lot of fun. Is there any one who still hosts them?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 9:41:05 PM
Every so often, my post has a competition/training scenario called survive the tower. I'm considering making it into the most insane fate game to ever exist. I have plans, creation, and bosses ready. Oh and the Race/PvP aspect will be huge.

Oh and teams won't be allowed.. and a special suprise happens for being inactive.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 9:51:14 PM
I might make a more survival-oriented game at the beginning of March or so, but I'll need a co-mod for different time zones.