Beginners' Mafia 35.1: DP5

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:42:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Sub - You are the VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Shadow - You are the BODYGUARD. Each night you may select a target; any lethal actions aimed at them will be redirected to you.

GRAVEYARD

Harder - Town
Medic - Mafia
Yama - Town
Ash - Mafa
Voice - Town
Sub - Town
Shadow - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Carrie
7th
Ore

With 3 players remaining, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 2:00pm, DDO time, on 2/11/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:16:00 PM
This exact same thing happened the other night. It was down to me and two others, except I chose completely wrong that game. Well, let's figure this out.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:18:02 PM
Yo carrie, I say we lynch Ore. Thoughts?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:19:11 PM
7th - Go over the entire game and present a case for me and for carried.

Carried - Go over the entire game and present a case for me and for 7th.

I will do the same for the both of you. We can then go over how each person weighs everything to see if anything comes up fishy.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:29:58 PM
After rereading the DP's I have come to the conclusion that 7th is scum.

I say this for many reasons but the main reason was in DP2 they didn't help lynch Medic when he was clearly scum yet Ore did.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 8:39:25 PM
At 2/9/2015 8:29:58 PM, carriead20 wrote:

I say this for many reasons but the main reason was in DP2 they didn't help lynch Medic when he was clearly scum yet Ore did.

I'd suggest reading the actual DP as opposed to just the final tally. I wasn't able to read that DP between the time medic outed himself and the time it ended. Besides, if my scum buddy had made a mistake like that I would bus them in a second.

This actually makes me seriously suspect Ore of being scum (my previous post was mainly a test to see how easy it would be to convince you). Since you think that the idea of VTLing a scummate as strange, you pretty clearly wouldn't do it. I know I'm town, which leaves Ore through PoE.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:37:46 PM
Reading through the DPs, this is what I have.

7th - DP1, he was encouraging a no lunch, because of the number of players. This is pro-town, but easily done by scum (I always do this, whether I am town or scum, just to stay consistent). The encouragement of discussion before going into the NP is decent, but never gets very deep. Likely a result of inactivity from everyone. Medic constantly pushes for a lynch, which should be a clear scum tell from a player that is as experienced that Medic is. DP2 opens with medic saying that he deletes his PMs to avoid scum slipping. This is done on the first page. Seventh does not pursue medic off of this nor his behavior from the last DP. 7th is also experienced and should have known. It seems as if he was ignoring all of medic's failings. This could be covering (since there was no band wagon at the time, and he never came back on afterwards) or just poor townie play. A quick read of the DPs and I saw it in about 3 minutes.

Carrie - DP1, starts off with random lynches. Fairly active but it does off. Did not pick up on medic's poor play (at least not with any vocalness). DP2 is where the it gets more interesting. Right after medic's pm slip, Carrie ignores that and becomes very active with changing the topic. Only after there is a bandwagon, does Carrie join in saying medic is very scummy (with no more analysis). DP4 also offers interest, in that Carrie refuses to acknowledge that a townie is confirmed. However, this would be poor play as mafia (though understandably poor if Carrie was alone).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:40:53 PM
At 2/9/2015 8:39:25 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

I'd suggest reading the actual DP as opposed to just the final tally. I wasn't able to read that DP between the time medic outed himself and the time it ended. Besides, if my scum buddy had made a mistake like that I would bus them in a second.

This actually makes me seriously suspect Ore of being scum (my previous post was mainly a test to see how easy it would be to convince you). Since you think that the idea of VTLing a scummate as strange, you pretty clearly wouldn't do it. I know I'm town, which leaves Ore through PoE.

Quick fact check. You did make several posts after medic "outted" himself. Also, since shadow stated that I was the only person he townread, if I was mafia, I would have killed you and tried to convince him that carrie was the last scum for refusing to believe he was confirmed.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:47:48 PM
At 2/9/2015 9:40:53 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Quick fact check. You did make several posts after medic "outted" himself. Also, since shadow stated that I was the only person he townread, if I was mafia, I would have killed you and tried to convince him that carrie was the last scum for refusing to believe he was confirmed.

Did I? To be honest I don't remember and only scanned DP2 before making that post, so I guess I could have been wanting more analysis. Although there would be n incentive to not bus my scumbuddy, since

a. Bonus town points for me if I was on his lynch
b. Keeping him alive longer allows town to talk more and gather information. The NP would be my friend and the DP my enemy, so prolonging the latter only harms me as scum.

To be honest I can't really give a good justification as to why I didn't vtl him, I just wanna be clear that it can't be used as evidence either way.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:48:11 PM
I'll be back tomorrow, good night
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 10:02:48 PM
At 2/9/2015 9:47:48 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 2/9/2015 9:40:53 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Did I? To be honest I don't remember and only scanned DP2 before making that post, so I guess I could have been wanting more analysis. Although there would be n incentive to not bus my scumbuddy, since

a. Bonus town points for me if I was on his lynch
b. Keeping him alive longer allows town to talk more and gather information. The NP would be my friend and the DP my enemy, so prolonging the latter only harms me as scum.

To be honest I can't really give a good justification as to why I didn't vtl him, I just wanna be clear that it can't be used as evidence either way.

Not really. It has to be taken in context with the time you posted. Medic technically goofed at the end of DP1. Yama called him out with a vote at the very beginning of DP2. Medic defended his reasoning and no one jumped on the wagon. 5 other people posted before you and none of them voted medic. In fact, two voted other people (one VTNL, and one for Carrie). So at the time of your post, the pressure, and so motivation to bus, would have been gone. You also explicitly said, after being asked who you thought was scum, that shadow was scummy and as for anyone else, there was not enough activity to tell.

You can't claim that I bussed someone for making a clear and obvious slip, while at the same time completely missing it yourself. Bussing only occurs when...

A) mafia lynches a partner when there was no clear reason (to make it seem like they were really good at reading).
B) mafia jumps on a bandwagon that they believe is going to happen anyway (I don't really classify this as "bussing" but it is similar).

Neither of these were the case. All the evidence for medic was there. No one really expressed it clearly though, but it was all there. Also, while there was support, it was bouncing on and off medic until my analysis, which lead to the hammer (with only hours left in the DP).

It seems odd that you are claiming that your misses make you town, rather than mafia trying to not kill his partners.

Anyway, I would still like your reads on both of us (Carrie, you too, please).
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:04:44 PM
Lylo and less than half a page of posts after a day...nice.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:33:40 PM

Bump.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:34:34 PM
At 2/10/2015 4:04:44 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Are you gonna provide any analysis? Or just try to talk the new player into lynching me?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:36:41 PM
At 2/10/2015 4:34:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Are you gonna provide any analysis? Or just try to talk the new player into lynching me?

I'm dead.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:37:42 PM
At 2/10/2015 4:36:41 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I'm dead.

Oh, I thought you were 7th
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 4:37:59 PM
At 2/9/2015 9:48:11 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I'll be back tomorrow, good night

Bump
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:04:06 PM

I did provide analysis. I showed why, from my PoV, carrie isn't scum and I'm not scum, so it must be you. I'll admit I have no idea why I didn't immediately lynch carrie nor will I try to justify it. But I really don't see why this DP should go on any longer.

VTL Ore
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:09:20 PM
At 2/10/2015 7:04:06 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

VTL Ore

Hallelujah! Finally, a vote to count! A sign of activity!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 7:10:03 PM
VOTE COUNT

Ore (1/2) - 7th
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:03:31 PM

I did provide analysis. I showed why, from my PoV, carrie isn't scum and I'm not scum, so it must be you. I'll admit I have no idea why I didn't immediately lynch carrie nor will I try to justify it. But I really don't see why this DP should go on any longer.

VTL Ore

Okay, so you're going with pandering towards the new member rather than trying to convince me that she is scum. I suppose that is the best option to do. I'm not convinced that it isn't Carrie, but if it is, you just gave her the win. So if she doesn't instant hammer me, then we know it is you.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:08:39 PM
At 2/10/2015 8:03:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

VTL Ore

Okay, so you're going with pandering towards the new member rather than trying to convince me that she is scum. I suppose that is the best option to do. I'm not convinced that it isn't Carrie, but if it is, you just gave her the win. So if she doesn't instant hammer me, then we know it is you.

*he, not sure why I keep thinking Carrie is a she.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:09:36 PM

VTL Ore

No, we've narrowed it down to me and you. Why would I try to convince you he's scum when I townread him?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 8:20:18 PM
At 2/10/2015 8:09:36 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

VTL Ore

No, we've narrowed it down to me and you. Why would I try to convince you he's scum when I townread him?

Because you know we are both town. You have two options, try to convince me that he is scum, or try to convince him that I am scum. Since your read is based on only a single line, it seems more like pandering than anything really thought out as a townie that is thinking "it's come down to this, I'd better make sure I get this right so I better actually read the entire thing and put it all into consideration."
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2015 9:08:25 PM
Bump

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:38:45 AM

Again, bump.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 7:54:12 AM
VTL Seventh

Just in case I'm late before the end, but it doesn't seem like seventh has any desire to get activity before the DP ends. If Carried is scum, well, good job, I guess.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2015 8:35:40 AM
I know I'm dead, but I am bored, so here:

CURRENT VOTES:
Ore (1/2) - 7th
7th (1/2) - Ore
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.