Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:52:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town Wins!!!!!

Town:
Smith
Star Man - Friendly Neighbor, each night you MUST select a player for the sole purpose of visiting them.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Crystal Man]

Danielle
Top Man - Friendly Neighbor, each night you MUST select a player for the sole purpose of visiting them.

PBG
Elec Man - Roleblocker, each night you may select a player to roleblock.

XLAV/FT
Crystal Man - Cop, you may investigate one player per night to determine their allignment.

Classified
Shadow Man - Watcher, each night you may select a player to learn who visits them.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Top Man]

Bossy
Bright Man - Reflexive Randomizer - If targeted for an action, the action will be redirected randomly. It can be redirected to you.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Shadow Man (after randomized)]

Yama
Metal Man - Doctor, each night, you may select a player to protect from any shots in the night.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Metal Man]

TN05
Gemini Man - Double Voter, you vote counts as two, however, it will not show in the vote count.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Star Man]

Rev
Dr. Wily - Seraph Knight, once per game, you may select another player and that player cannot die by any means as long as you are alive.
[hidden mod note: cannot be absorbed by Mega Man]

Bullish
Wood Man - Friendly Neighbor, each night you MUST select a player for the sole purpose of visiting them.

Medic
Bubble Man - Vigilante, each night you may select a player to shoot.
[hidden mod note: dies if visited by Elec Man]

Harder
Proto Man - Friendly Neighbor, each night you MUST select a player for the sole purpose of visiting them.
[was given choice at game start to be town, TP, or mafia.
Town - FN- hidden mod note: target would be informed of a faint whistling
TP - Survivor JOAT (1x BP, 1x Vig, 1x gov) [this would result in fewer town visiting deaths]
Mafia - Goon [this would result in even fewer town visiting deaths]

...in all cases, if targeted by Mega Man, Mega Man would have the ability of Dual Shot, which allows Mega Man to use the absorbed ability AND conduct the NK.]

Mafia
TUF
Rush - JOAT - infinite roleblocker, 1x bus driver, 1x framer, 1x lawyer
[hidden mod note: 50% chance of investigating innocent if targeted]

Ford
Mega Man - DP Absorber/NP User - each DP you may select a player and absorb their role. If you do this, you MUST either perform the NK or use this acquired ability.

Zaradi
Roll - 1x Janitor

Night Actions:
DP1:
ford targets Rev
NP1:
Medic kills Harder
Danielle visits Classified (which kills her)
FT cops TUF
Shadow watches TUF
Harder visits Yama (but is roleblocked)
PBG Rbs Harder
Yama docs himself (which kills him)
Rev targets Smithers (but is roleblocked)
TUF Rb's Rev
bsh1 janitors FT

DP2: ford waives
NP2:
Medic waives
Danielle vistis Bossy (is randomly sent ???, I did not yield a result as it had no effect)
Rev targets PBG
PBG Rb's bsh1
TUF Rb's TN05
bsh1 kills Rev

DP3: ford targets TN05
NP3:
Medic kills bsh1
Danielle visits ford
PBG Rb's TUF (no idea why, but it saved the town!!)
TUF Rb's Medic (but was roleblocked himself)
bsh1 NKs PBG

DP4: Medic
NP4:
Medic - kills TN05
Danielle - bossy
TUF -waives and kills bossy, who redirects the kill to TUF

I thought the game was quite balanced, and there was nothing broken in this game. Assuming Dr. Wily Seraph Knighted Metal Man, who in turn protects Dr. Wily, mafia had two players who could roleblock, and if it was just down to Roll, the two townies could lynch at LYLO, if they believed.
Mafia were powerful, but small, and able to acquire double NKs by absorbing the vig, even if they targeted him in the junk yard. Also, by using the absorb role, for example Danielle's Friendly Neighbor, they carry with it the ability to kill using that role.
Further, all the power roles, except roleblocker could be killed by a townie.

Play of the game was PGB RB'ing TUF. Had PBG targeted anyone other than TUF or ford (and bsh1 was a prime suspect), the game would have been over DP4. I have no idea why he did this, or if he even has an idea why, but it worked.

Mafia fell apart DP4 and missed an opportunity to hammer someone before Medic switched his vote (like 10 hours after Rev's Wood Man fiasco). Further, town lost its chance to hammer due to its own inactivity.

Thanks for playing.
Did you like the activity rule?
It's not meant to necessarily encourage meaningful activity, as TN05 didn't do much, but it is for player to know that a player is supposedly paying attention, and they are not looking to be replaced, and are inactive by choice.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 8:58:15 PM
I made two mistakes as mod, and they kind of balanced each other out. I accidently gave Rev's role to mafia DP1, and upon realizing my mistake (the next day), I told them the error and said their action failed. They correctly assumed Rev was Seraph Knight, and messed with him.
The other mistake was confusing bossy and Bullish in name only, when telling people in the PMs the DP ended with bossy's lynch and he was innocent. This could have had the same effect.

I have no idea what Smithers was talking about for some of the things he said I said, but this is what I know to be true:
he stated people are informed of his visit DP1 before I answered his question asking me. He did not correct himself.
I did say there were "4 or so" night actions remaining when he asked if he was waiting on me. Of course, since the mafia has three actions to submit, that doesn't justify his conclusion.

However, Smithers realized there were more FN and they were, in fact, meant to appear to be nothing. Danielle, too, figured this out. They were, in fact, to thematically equalize towns HUGE lead in numbers. The game was, in fact, 12 vs. 3

Mafia were really lucky to start the game off. With two free kills NP1, a rushed mislynch due to time, janitored cop, and knowing the location of another protective role, they were sitting pretty. I found it quite amusing the whole game, they were concerned with a cult, even in DP4. Town, too, thought this.

The other reason mafia were lucky is that no one seemed to know the theme. Claiming mimic/copier was an awful idea, as that is what Mega Man does in the game, steals the bosses' powers after defeating them. Also, Copy Robot is not a boss in the NES version of the game, and his claim did not end with "Man".

The theme was Mega Man, and as I said, Mega Man uses bosses' powers against other bosses for an advantage. This was why visits killed town, but only by certain players. I tried to keep it simple to help explain the mechanic, as in the games, Top Man is used to defeat Shadow Man, and Metal Man kills Metal Man with one hit. The others crossed games, so it was harder to see. Also, I intended the Friendly Neighbor to be a mislynch, but I did think there would be some discussion. DP1, Bullish claimed and was CC'd with about two hours left, and the other FNs were not online to comment, nor did mafia absorb their role (1/3 chance) to see something was up. I did not think this mechanic required more than a basic understanding of the theme, but I guess if no one has played it....

However, towards the end, people realized the fact that the FNs were mandatory actions, unlike every other role. It also may have helped if Danielle stated her actions earlier, but who knows?
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:16:35 PM
I think the most interesting thing to watch was both town and mafia (in their PM) being paranoid about the third party. Mafia was certain there was a cult until DP3.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:16:35 PM
I think the most interesting thing to watch was both town and mafia (in their PM) being paranoid about the third party. Mafia was certain there was a cult until DP3.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:18:22 PM
I can't believe I managed to CC Rev.

Now I know TUF's scum meta... Won't make that mistake again.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:24:42 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:19:14 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Why did PBGs RB take precedence over TUFs?

Generally if there is an RB chain then only the first go through.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:31:34 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:24:42 PM, Bullish wrote:

I mean the first one goes through, and then they alternate.
0x5f3759df
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:34:02 PM

Why not?
I see no reason why a roleblocker cannot roleblock a roleblocker.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:40:34 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:31:34 PM, Bullish wrote:

What do you mean?
I just have the RB block the RB, and if they target each other, then the mafia RB town.
Otherwise, the town RB's action fails since it cannot RB the mafia's RB of a third party, which makes no sense.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:49:43 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:40:34 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

What do you mean?
I just have the RB block the RB, and if they target each other, then the mafia RB town.
Otherwise, the town RB's action fails since it cannot RB the mafia's RB of a third party, which makes no sense.

I mean if there is RB1 ==> RB2 ==> RB3 ==> RB4 ==> RB5 ...

Then RB1 goes through, RB2 is blocked, RB3 goes through, etc..
I also prioritize mafia RBs over TP RBs over town RBs (such as from Jailer) but only if they are in conflict.
If 2 town RB each other I rely on who sub'd actions first.
0x5f3759df
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:52:34 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:49:43 PM, Bullish wrote:

What do you mean?

I also prioritize mafia RBs over TP RBs over town RBs (such as from Jailer) but only if they are in conflict.

So, in the case of town RB mafia RB town vig, you'd have the vig be uneffected, correct?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 9:56:28 PM
At 2/12/2015 9:52:34 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 2/12/2015 9:49:43 PM, Bullish wrote:

What do you mean?

So, in the case of town RB mafia RB town vig, you'd have the vig be uneffected, correct?

Yes. I agree with your order of resolution.
0x5f3759df
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 10:50:34 PM
I assumed there was a third party (or PGO) because of all the kills on NP1.

I'm shocked the mafia didn't win. Unfortunately I was busy at work during DP1 and 2 - cuz holy balls were those god awful mislynches. Even if I weren't a Friendly Neighbor I would have realized what Khaos was doing for balance, and more importantly that mafia would NOT have fake claimed that. That should have been obvious to a lot more people, but the manipulative tactics by Ford and TUF made it pretty obvious they were scum when I looked back on DP2 during the last day phase.

By the end I knew TUF was the last scum though I was almost positive TN05 was scum. His action was scummy af, and worse, he didn't defend himself once. In fact I thought he was gonna be mod killed because he hardly posed anything at all. The mafia could/should have exploited the fvck out of my read on him but didn't. No offense but Ford lol do you even mafia bro? You could have easily made me look guilty by exploiting a mislynch of TN05 at my heavy insistence. OR you could have made yourself look innocent by giving a real investigation result. Knowing the mafia only had 1 other person alive (TUF) and for Ford to give a fake result on me made no sense -- it would guarantee his lynch the next day and then there would only be 1 left. Why didn't the mafia lynch TN05 and then have ME lynched the next day? I don't get it...

I'm really surprised there wasn't a Tracker because of the mandatory visitation by the Friendly Neighbors. I thought there would be a Lookout and/or Scout too (mafia watcher/tracker).

Meh. I don't like the passive redirector role. This is the first time I'm hearing of it. It made sense for balance though.

GG medic. Bossy didn't really help us much at the end (no offense) but good game to everyone overall. I do think the game was balanced despite the small mafia because of all the anti-town roles (redirector, town role blocker, etc.) and 4 vanillas. Thanks Khaos! The theme meant zilch to me (most don't) but the game was fun. Thanks for hosting.
President of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 11:25:43 PM
I rarely trust that roles that are *random* are really random, and don't like them for that reason.

Anyways, we only had three of us so I'm not super surprised.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 11:47:12 PM
Alright. now I am going to forget how frustrating this game was, and move on to bsh1's game.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2015 11:53:37 PM
Ha, Tuf killing himself was kind of funny. GG.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 12:14:11 AM
At 2/12/2015 9:18:22 PM, Bullish wrote:
Now I know TUF's scum meta... Won't make that mistake again.

I would have done a good portion of that the same, had I been town. Behavior wise that is.

The main differences being I probably wouldn't have pressured Bullish in DP1 (I had a cult theory on him), and wouldn't have kept my vote on smithers DP2.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 12:14:41 AM
At 2/12/2015 11:53:37 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Khaos just didn't want your spot in the game to be useless...
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:16:18 AM
At 2/13/2015 12:14:41 AM, TUF wrote:

Bullish's role served as a quasi-bomb, and, with the visiting roles (and the deaths associated with them), added a bit of chance. I did not expect him to full claim DP1 with it, but I didn't expect mafia to try to shoot him, either. Then again, it was only a 20% chance of death for TUF.

And, yes, it was random. Random.org, prime the result three times, and hit result.
I'm surprised you didn't go for Medic.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:28:16 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:16:18 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

Bullish's role served as a quasi-bomb, and, with the visiting roles (and the deaths associated with them), added a bit of chance. I did not expect him to full claim DP1 with it, but I didn't expect mafia to try to shoot him, either. Then again, it was only a 20% chance of death for TUF.

And, yes, it was random. Random.org, prime the result three times, and hit result.

Just out of curiosity can you hit your history button and screenshot that?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:29:40 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:28:16 AM, TUF wrote:

Wow, the distrust is strong.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:36:19 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:22:12 AM, XLAV wrote:
I was pretty sure TUF was scum when Khaos questioned why we wanted to cop TUF, lol.

Oh, yeah, that was a stupid response from you. Not as stupid as FT's b!tching about "this is why they can't rush a lynch without me" when the reason they rushed a lynch is because there was 40 minutes left in the DP, but close.

I like asking players why they target other players with powerful roles, so, it means nothing, and if you saw, you'd have seen that there was a 50% chance you'd get innocent on him anyway. As I said in the randomization thread, I do like to watch and learn. This involves me learning how others use their roles and why.

In reference to that thread, it was your slot I wanted to be town, but was not happy in the least you were cop (especially when Yama was also doc). I wanted to watch you two discuss the game, but alas, no dice.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:37:16 AM

This saddens me.
And, no, I cannot, as I did that at work.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:39:42 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:29:40 AM, XLAV wrote:

Wow, the distrust is strong.

I'm a little vexed.

1. It was 3 Mafia against pure town is bad balance, no matter their roles.
2. Rev replaced in and royally fucked over our already slim chance of winning.
3. Townies were scum reading people left and right with horrible reasoning.
4. After khaos is already obviously peeved with players like rev for hinting at talking about things he shouldn't and is berating him in the mafia pm for it, some how the random role hits the remaining mafia player conveniently.

It just sucks putting hours of limited free time in a game to have stuff like this happen, and literally all the hard work means jack sh1t in the end because ayers say stuff like "I knew TUF was scum" though posting 0 argumentative analysis to prove why. I could have just as easily been town in this game and still been very disappointed.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 7:50:11 AM
At 2/12/2015 9:16:35 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

Yes, because I just couldn't comprehend you unbalancing a game like that In towns favor. Still having a hard time coming to grips with why you did that.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2015 8:06:34 AM
At 2/13/2015 7:50:11 AM, TUF wrote:
At 2/12/2015 9:16:35 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

Yes, because I just couldn't comprehend you unbalancing a game like that In towns favor. Still having a hard time coming to grips with why you did that.

Are you kidding me?
Town had a cop and a watcher and two protective roles.
You had the potential for two NKs per night, a day role cop, fake character claims out the gate, two fake role claims (janitor and FN if you caught it on time), and at least two potential mislynches. How is that unbalanced?
You further had the possibility of having two roleblocks per night, or if DP1 you found Harder, you could have had unlimited janitor kills starting NP2.