SURPRISE MAFIA: Day Phase Two

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:04:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Khaos - You are POWERFUL RHETORIC. You can sway people with eloquence and with your ability to convey ideas in understandable, compelling ways. Because you can raises people's emotions and awareness, you are the 3-shot ALARMIST. At night you may select a player and prevent them from being recruited (e.g. by a mason, cult, etc.) that night. You win with the Town. Town wins when it has eliminated all other factions.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Zaradi - [redacted]

GRAVEYARD

Khaos - Powerful Rhetoric, Alarmist - Town
Zaradii - ??? , ??? - ???

LIVING PLAYERS

Raisor
TUF
Ford
Solon
XLAV
Medic
Khaos (Rev)
Skep (Kiri)
Yama
Dalt
Blackvoid
Bossy
FT (Daytona)
HPG
Endark
Danielle
7th (Val)
Wylted
Beginner

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 4:00pm, DDO time, on 2/20/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:05:28 PM
ATTENTION

Khaos is replacing Rev. Wylted is the last person I am looking to replace.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:11:41 PM
VOTE COUNT

FT (1/10) - Khaos
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:17:15 PM
VTL FT

Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:17:16 PM
Vtl Khaos
FT can gladly come next since he cc'd Khaos 1
But I want Rev's claim now!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:21:10 PM
^

We should have lynched skepsi last DP. Town's hesitation to lynch people who make large posts really annoying me. >_>

FT, why did you not shoot?
Senpai has noticed you.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:21:11 PM
VOTE COUNT

FT (2/10) - Khaos, Skep
Khaos (1/10) - Yama
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:24:46 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:21:10 PM, Beginner wrote:
^

We should have lynched skepsi last DP. Town's hesitation to lynch people who make large posts really annoying me. >_>
He is in my town pile, so whatever.

???

To yama:
You have no need for my claim.
My work here is, finally, done.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:27:56 PM
^

Just keep ignoring the fact that you have no case against me whatsoever.

Lol, you think that he's a vig? That's even more reason to lynch him. Lynch all liars.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:29:27 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:24:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
To yama:

I scum read Rev for inactivity.
Since TUF said my theory was wrong, so I'm cool with him and XLAV.
That leaves you, FT and Wylted as my lynches of the day.

So I'm not going to drop this.
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:33:40 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:29:27 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 2/17/2015 4:24:46 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
To yama:

I scum read Rev for inactivity.
And that is a stupid reason for scum reading him, as I said last DP as Khaos1.
Rev is inactive in early game. Period.
He was in Mega Man as town. He was incredibly dense and inactive as town in Classik as town. He was inactive in boy bands until DP3/4 as scum.
It is null, ergo, it is not scummy, therefore, you do not get my claim for that horrible reasoning.

Since TUF said my theory was wrong, so I'm cool with him and XLAV.
That leaves you, FT and Wylted as my lynches of the day.

So I'm not going to drop this.
Okay.
Let's compromise...

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!
Yama wants my claim.
I refuse to give it at this time.
Let the record forever show this encounter.

There, it is noted.
Now, we don't need to clog the DP with you constantly asking for it, do we?
My work here is, finally, done.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:39:51 PM
VTL FT nac

Also, this is like the third straight game with a janitor in it. I'm getting bored of it!
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:43:01 PM
As hard as it is for me to relate to how FT played that lynch, its not as simple as just lynching him in retaliation. At least, not right now. This dude does need to get on and explain how the hell he was still sure about lynching khaos after he showed knowledge that the mafia is highly unlikely to know. But there's no way it can be this easy, so lets hear him out first.

Guys, the real person we need to be hitting right now is Dalt.

At 2/15/2015 9:50:48 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Unvote (pretty sure I did)
VTL Khaos

Even if he is town:
- His squabbling with FT distracts the town whilst he is alive (he admits this in the Boy Bands mafia PM)
- If you don't like that^ logic for lynching him, consider that it's likely he will be replaced back in anyway
- Serves no purpose now that he's outed, and flip can give town concision on the existence of a cult; which has more pro-town asset than keeping him alive and a source of distraction
- Pretty sure he realizes all of the above seeing he voted himself

Benefits of the lynch outweigh the possible negatives.

Good night, people.

This guy knows that Khaos is gonna flip town. This entire post is a huge overjustification for why he shouldn't be FOS'd for putting one of the final votes on a townie. Combined with the other FOS on him last DP (I can spell out several things if need be), I highly suggest we start here.

Beginner, I also agree with you on Skep. I'll get to him later. But lets focus on Dalt first.

VTL Dalt
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:45:06 PM
To emphasize, nowhere in Dalt's post does he consider the possibility that Khaos is actually mafia, which was possible at that point in the DP.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:48:07 PM
Just read the last several posts of DP1.
Here's what I think: There's the possibility that there are multiples of anti-cult and anti-mason to account for cult/mason. So I think the counterclaim might not really be a counterclaim.
However, I find it a coincidence that FT's claim JUST HAPPENS to 'counter' the claim of the guy he wanted lynched. I find that really unlikely.
VTL FT
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:49:46 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:35:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Beginner, why are you so certain that Skeps is both scum AND the janitor?

I didn't say I was certain he's janitor.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:51:39 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:49:46 PM, Beginner wrote:
I see why you thought that. I was just pointing out the janitor. It had nothing to do with anything else.
Senpai has noticed you.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:54:31 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:48:07 PM, Beginner wrote:
Just read the last several posts of DP1.
Here's what I think: There's the possibility that there are multiples of anti-cult and anti-mason to account for cult/mason. So I think the counterclaim might not really be a counterclaim.
However, I find it a coincidence that FT's claim JUST HAPPENS to 'counter' the claim of the guy he wanted lynched. I find that really unlikely.
VTL FT

I also considered the possibility that it wasn't actually a counter claim due to game size. That begs the question of why FT didn't realize it and bring it up during his drive for a lynch. I can't see town motivation for what FT did at the end of the last DP. Plus he buddied me pretty hard when I was being racked over the coals. FT has used this strategy before, and I've been wary of it because of that. This is why I committed to lynching FT if Khaos flipped town.
- Hilaire Belloc -
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:55:07 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:27:56 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
^

Lol, you think that he's a vig? That's even more reason to lynch him. Lynch all liars.

I don't think he's a vig, but I will say that's a super dumb policy to go by
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:56:38 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:55:07 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
^

Why? Lying is antitown. If FT was a vig who lied about his claim to counter claim a town player, that's about the most anti-town play I've ever heard of. That's one Drafter maxim which should be followed.
- Hilaire Belloc -
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 4:59:44 PM
At 2/15/2015 10:42:22 PM, bsh1 wrote:
FINAL TALLY
Khaos (11/11) - FT, Endark, BV, Zaradi, Skep, Yama, Raisor, HPG, Dalt, Bossy, Ford

Anyone can answer this, but I specifically want to hear from Khaos and Beginner: How many mafia would you expect to have been on that lynch?
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:00:23 PM
At 2/17/2015 4:56:38 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
^

Why? Lying is antitown.

Not always. You could, say, be a doc and fake claim vanilla. Or a cop that fake claims tracker to get someone lynched and keep yourself from being a main NK target. Even just for fun it's no big deal, once I was vanilla and fake claimed compulsive silencer just because.

If FT was a vig who lied about his claim to counter claim a town player, that's about the most anti-town play I've ever heard of. That's one Drafter maxim which should be followed.

I agree that that would be enough to lynch him, but saying all liars should be lynched is just not true. I'll discuss this further in a PM or a different thread if you want.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:01:35 PM
I'm not getting Rev's claim, apparently.
Unvote Vtl FT
I'll love hearing this explained.
TUF, and YYW
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:03:15 PM
At 2/17/2015 5:01:35 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm not getting Rev's claim, apparently.
Unvote Vtl FT
I'll love hearing this explained.

Not much to explain. Leading a mislynch doesn't really deserve such a huge reaction, especially considering it was a DP1 mislynch.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

~mysteriouscrystals

~F-16

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:03:31 PM
At 2/17/2015 5:00:23 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 2/17/2015 4:56:38 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
^

Why? Lying is antitown.

Not always. You could, say, be a doc and fake claim vanilla. Or a cop that fake claims tracker to get someone lynched and keep yourself from being a main NK target. Even just for fun it's no big deal, once I was vanilla and fake claimed compulsive silencer just because.

If FT was a vig who lied about his claim to counter claim a town player, that's about the most anti-town play I've ever heard of. That's one Drafter maxim which should be followed.

I agree that that would be enough to lynch him, but saying all liars should be lynched is just not true. I'll discuss this further in a PM or a different thread if you want.

Endgame of the current Beginner's game will work
TUF, and YYW
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2015 5:03:37 PM
This is why I hate replacing dead townies into the game -- you lynch the most scummy player; they replace in; suddenly the lynch has no utility. Towns win by lynching scummy players. From a mafia perspective, it's the same problem: you kill the best townie; they replace in; suddenly your night-kill has no utility.

So fvck letting Khaos back into the game. bsh1 should have looked for someone else to replace Rev.

I'd like a claim from Khaos because he's either utter sh!t as town or scum. Apparently, and this was unknown to me before Yesterday, he actually has a bias against me, to the point where he just scumreads me every single game.

I keep giving Khaos the benefit of the doubt, but I won't make that mistake again. You'd think after TUF's game, where he was wrong about me based on his stupid paranoia, that he wouldn't be so quick to scumread me again, but I guess not. He's just a bad player who doesn't actually learn from past games. Go figure.

VTL Khaos

To those folks who think I'm scum because I pushed a mislynch -- I was wrong about Khaos but only because Khaos is a fvcking idiot. I thought his stupidity was bounded but I was wrong. That doesn't mean I'm scum. I believe the fault is with Khaos. Also note that the other options were Skep (very likely town) and Dalt (very likely town), so I stand by us lynching the best person we could have lynched Yesterday, given time constraints, inactivity, and overall sh!tty play from everyone (except maybe some scum who are getting by very well).

As for my role, I lied to make sure a lynch went through. That's all there is to that. We were minutes from deadline (and probably already past it), so desperate measures were needed.

After Khaos claims, I'm pushing for a policy lynch on anyone who opposed a D1 lynch, because meta needs to change on this site, or I'm leaving the site for good.

Re: finding scum Today -- We should be looking at people who opposed the lynch for NO reason, folks who took no position on the matter, and turning point votes -- that's where we're likely to find scum.