Sucks to your Mod List Mafia Sign-Up

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:15:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually, not really.
This will be a specific game that is not likely to generate much interest, and I think shouldn't distract from the other games, thus, should not be an issue regarding the mod list.

This game will have the following rules:
DP length is 12 hours x # of living players.
NP length is 24 hours, or until mafia select an NK target, whichever occurs first.
All town roles are Vanillas. In fact, they will not even be given a PM.
All mafia roles are goons, with the exception of a godfather, who has final say in the NK, and will be passed on randomly to remaining mafia members if lynched. There is no other significance to the Godfather role.
There will be between 8 and 10 players.
If 8 players, there is 2 mafia.
If 9 or 10, there will be 2 or 3 mafia, randomly selected, and randomly assigned. (true randomness, not my sometimes random with a desired result for one slot)
No dead townies can replace in.
Replacements must be found by the player.

Who's down?

Sign ups end in one week or until full. If less than eight players, the game may be cancelled.

Repeat: this is an all vanilla game.
My work here is, finally, done.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:20:21 AM
I was willing to give it a shot but realized it eliminates most strategy. You could have a computer statistically observe patterns of who votes for whom, and still yet not generate an accurate idea of who the mafia is. Without things to lie about (so no behaviors to read aside from voting), roles to claim or other variables to analyze, it pretty much just becomes a guessing game, no?
President of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:26:33 AM
At 2/18/2015 10:20:21 AM, Danielle wrote:
I was willing to give it a shot but realized it eliminates most strategy. You could have a computer statistically observe patterns of who votes for whom, and still yet not generate an accurate idea of who the mafia is. Without things to lie about (so no behaviors to read aside from voting), roles to claim or other variables to analyze, it pretty much just becomes a guessing game, no?

I don't know. There ought to be behavioral reads, and while it may change the strategy, I wouldn't consider it a guessing game.
But, there seemed to be some interest in an all vanilla game, so I thought there could be a standing one, or, at least, one.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:33:36 AM
K, I'll sign up as Maybe. If you need someone to fill up the game, I'll play along. I'm not sure it will work out but it can't hurt to experiment.
President of DDO
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:43:26 AM
I'll sign up for this though depending on when the day phases and night phases fall, my activity may fluxuate. Lol @ the sometimes random with a desired result.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 10:46:10 AM
At 2/18/2015 10:43:26 AM, TUF wrote:
I'll sign up for this though depending on when the day phases and night phases fall, my activity may fluxuate. Lol @ the sometimes random with a desired result.

The first DP is ideally between 4 and 5 days long.
There should be plenty of time, and the night phase is only one action, and can be submitted during the DP.

And, that random thing was due to the discussion of randomness from mods.
This game will be truly random (prime of three results, and go with the fourth). I am not ensuring a player is any affiliation or role this time.