Total Posts:684|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

SURPRISE MAFIA: Day Phase Three

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:01:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Yama - You are DROPPED ARGUMENTS. Even if you make good arguments, if you don't defend them, you deserve to lose. Because you're an equal opportunity mistake (not discriminating between dropping stellar or horrid arguments), you are the JOAT. You have the following 2-shot abilities:

- Role Cop; At night you may select a player and learn what their role is, but not their affiliation
- Randomizer; At night you may select a player and randomize who they target (if they have an active role)

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Skep (Kiri) - [redacted]

REVEALED THIS DP

Zaradi - You are ENUNCIATION. If I cannot understand you, how can I buy into anything you say. Enunciation matters in all areas of life and communication, and the person who enunciates well is automatically someone who I can comprehend and work with. Thus, you are the INNOCENT CHILD. You will be mod-confirmed town on DP3. You win with the Town. Town wins when it has eliminated all other factions.

GRAVEYARD

Khaos - Powerful Rhetoric, Alarmist - Town
Zaradi - Enunciation, Innocent Child - Town
Yama - Dropped Arguments, JOAT - Mafia
Skep (Kiri) - ??? , ??? - ???

LIVING PLAYERS

Raisor
TUF
Ford
Solon
XLAV
Medic
Khaos (Rev)
Dalt
Blackvoid
Bossy
Rocket (FT/Daytona)
HPG
Endark
Danielle
7th (Val)
Harder (Wylted)
Beginner

With 17 players remaining, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at midnight, DDO time, on 2/24/15.
This will be the final 72 hour DP.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:02:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ATTENTION

RocketEngineer (Rocket) is replacing in for FT.
1harderthanyouthink (Harder) is replacing in for Wylted.

If further replacements are needed, I am probably going to ask Zaradi since I am running out of other people to ask.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:07:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
ADDENDUM

Forgot to include Yama's wincon...oops. Here it is: "You win with the mafia. Mafia wins when it is impossible for any other faction to win."
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:15:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Next.

VTL Solon

Tuf, Dani, since you guys played with BV, what do you think is his affiliation? I read his scum game, and this isn't his scum meta, however that game was 2 years ago, so he could have gotten better.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:19:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Khaos and Beginner are most likely town because of Yama's interation with them and 1harder is possible town since Yama pushed for his lynch.

Dalt should be obviously town from last DP.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

What are your thoughts on BV?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:21:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

Nope.

What are your thoughts on BV?

I think he's town. But then, I hear he's very good at this game, and I haven't studied his meta.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:23:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:21:04 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

Nope.
I'm guessing its your results?

What are your thoughts on BV?

I think he's town. But then, I hear he's very good at this game, and I haven't studied his meta.

So you don't find him suspicious for wanting Dalt's lynch over Yama? Because he's a behavior reader player and I am very surprised he didn't see Dalt's last post as very townish. Plus, he claims that only a few people here knows about the road map, him, TUF, and Raisor, and I town read TUF and Raisor more than him.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:24:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:15:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
How good is Rocket?

He said it's been a while since he's played, so one of the veterans like BV or TUF might better be able to answer your question.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:25:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:24:16 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:15:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
How good is Rocket?

He said it's been a while since he's played, so one of the veterans like BV or TUF might better be able to answer your question.

Thanks.

I read one of his games. He seems like an ok player.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:26:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:23:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:21:04 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

Nope.
I'm guessing its your results?

You could say that.
Let's just say what I said about my role last DP no longer applies.

What are your thoughts on BV?

I think he's town. But then, I hear he's very good at this game, and I haven't studied his meta.

So you don't find him suspicious for wanting Dalt's lynch over Yama? Because he's a behavior reader player and I am very surprised he didn't see Dalt's last post as very townish. Plus, he claims that only a few people here knows about the road map, him, TUF, and Raisor, and I town read TUF and Raisor more than him.

He was hardly the only one there. So did Solon, which is part of why I found Solon really scummy. My town-read on BV isn't very strong, but his push on Dalt last DP wasn't enough to make him go to scum. The wagons were largely even.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:29:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:26:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:23:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:21:04 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

Nope.
I'm guessing its your results?

You could say that.
Let's just say what I said about my role last DP no longer applies.
Ah, I almost went suspicious there for a sec.
Since you were no longer have the anti town role, what was it?

What are your thoughts on BV?

I think he's town. But then, I hear he's very good at this game, and I haven't studied his meta.

So you don't find him suspicious for wanting Dalt's lynch over Yama? Because he's a behavior reader player and I am very surprised he didn't see Dalt's last post as very townish. Plus, he claims that only a few people here knows about the road map, him, TUF, and Raisor, and I town read TUF and Raisor more than him.

He was hardly the only one there. So did Solon, which is part of why I found Solon really scummy. My town-read on BV isn't very strong, but his push on Dalt last DP wasn't enough to make him go to scum. The wagons were largely even.
I expected him to do better than that. Maybe I'm just giving him too much credit.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:31:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Beginner. 7th, Dalt, I want to see your role PMs again. I remember Beginner said that his vanilla justification matches Dalt's vanilla justification more than 7ths.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:31:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:29:04 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:26:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:23:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:21:04 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:20:13 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:16:43 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Solon's cool. Move on to the next person.
You cop?

Nope.
I'm guessing its your results?

You could say that.
Let's just say what I said about my role last DP no longer applies.
Ah, I almost went suspicious there for a sec.
Since you were no longer have the anti town role, what was it?

Role stealer.

What are your thoughts on BV?

I think he's town. But then, I hear he's very good at this game, and I haven't studied his meta.

So you don't find him suspicious for wanting Dalt's lynch over Yama? Because he's a behavior reader player and I am very surprised he didn't see Dalt's last post as very townish. Plus, he claims that only a few people here knows about the road map, him, TUF, and Raisor, and I town read TUF and Raisor more than him.

He was hardly the only one there. So did Solon, which is part of why I found Solon really scummy. My town-read on BV isn't very strong, but his push on Dalt last DP wasn't enough to make him go to scum. The wagons were largely even.
I expected him to do better than that. Maybe I'm just giving him too much credit.

Like it said, I don't know his meta. I may worry about him later, but there are plenty of other players in the pool.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:32:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:31:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Role stealer.
Lol, that ain't anti-town at all. You could use it against scum.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:36:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:32:27 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:31:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Role stealer.
Lol, that ain't anti-town at all. You could use it against scum.

The probability of which is low.

Still, I tried.
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:38:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:36:39 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:32:27 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:31:28 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Role stealer.
Lol, that ain't anti-town at all. You could use it against scum.

The probability of which is low.

Still, I tried.
You confirmed Solon as town, thats still good.
But is his role for both town and scum?
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:38:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
VOTE COUNT

Bossy (1/9) - XLAV
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:42:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This cult worries me. I hate seeing strong town read players die when their cult leader dies.

Mafia, go kill scummy people please. You need cult dead as much as we do.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:54:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:15:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Next.

VTL Solon

Tuf, Dani, since you guys played with BV, what do you think is his affiliation? I read his scum game, and this isn't his scum meta, however that game was 2 years ago, so he could have gotten better.

I am still slightly back and forth on BlackVoid, but I am leaning scum on him atm. He dodged my questions yesterday, and addressed them as me being overly suspicious of him, but didn't say it to me directly. It seems he was using his town read on me in hopes that I would resist my pressure on him, which is psychologically a tool I can see working on someone. But I am still very suspicious of his decision to vote a town read DP1 simply because someone told him too and he wanted the DP to end in a lynch. Rather than vote for someone he actually had expressed mild scum reads on. I'll be resuming pressure on him this DP.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
XLAV
Posts: 13,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:56:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:54:17 AM, TUF wrote:
At 2/21/2015 12:15:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Next.

VTL Solon

Tuf, Dani, since you guys played with BV, what do you think is his affiliation? I read his scum game, and this isn't his scum meta, however that game was 2 years ago, so he could have gotten better.

I am still slightly back and forth on BlackVoid, but I am leaning scum on him atm. He dodged my questions yesterday, and addressed them as me being overly suspicious of him, but didn't say it to me directly. It seems he was using his town read on me in hopes that I would resist my pressure on him, which is psychologically a tool I can see working on someone. But I am still very suspicious of his decision to vote a town read DP1 simply because someone told him too and he wanted the DP to end in a lynch. Rather than vote for someone he actually had expressed mild scum reads on. I'll be resuming pressure on him this DP.

And I also dislike his push for Dalt's lynch.
I'll join you on the pressure once we get a few claims or if there is a wagon on BV.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:56:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:15:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
How good is Rocket?

He was good in a beginners game I played with him a while ago, but in all the real mafia games, I remember him being horrible (no offense rocket). He made brash decisions in Marvel VS DC that would have probably royally messed up the mafia team's chances of winning, had the game not been discontinued. Also I don't remember him being an all-star in the few other games I played with him. I only remember him in Buddamoose's game, where I caught him as scum near the end.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 12:59:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/21/2015 12:23:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
So you don't find him suspicious for wanting Dalt's lynch over Yama?

Also this definitely doesn't help my read on BV. Though I suppose it's unfair to use this argument against him. If he is town, he had no way of knowing which of the two were lying, and choosing wrongly doesn't mean that he is scum in and of itself. More of, reading into the reasons he chose who he did. I am frankly surprised more people didn't catch on to Yama's "slip". He didn't actually CC dalt (this was obvious). He wasn't being careful, and claimed a character already claimed. I am sure his scum team reemed him for it.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227