Jump to topic:

Fans of the Elder Scrolls franchise

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:07:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Two of my favorite games of all time are Oblivion and Skyrim. I never played Morrowind but one day I will find time for it.

For my upcoming mafia game, I'm considering doing an Elder Scrolls theme. This thread is to gauge the level of interest in such a theme among the active members of the mafia community. I'd be thankful if you let me know here if you like the idea, and if so, roughly how familiar you are with the universe. I don't want to create a really intricate lore based game if people aren't going to be into that. If people are casual fans, or not at all familiar with the series, I am more than happy to use the relatively simple setup I've already created. But if enough people say they are huge fans, well then I might just do some tinkering.

Also, anyone who doesn't play mafia but just wants to talk about the Elder Scrolls games is welcome to post here too.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:14:30 PM
At 2/22/2015 3:07:10 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Two of my favorite games of all time are Oblivion and Skyrim. I never played Morrowind but one day I will find time for it.

For my upcoming mafia game, I'm considering doing an Elder Scrolls theme. This thread is to gauge the level of interest in such a theme among the active members of the mafia community. I'd be thankful if you let me know here if you like the idea, and if so, roughly how familiar you are with the universe. I don't want to create a really intricate lore based game if people aren't going to be into that. If people are casual fans, or not at all familiar with the series, I am more than happy to use the relatively simple setup I've already created. But if enough people say they are huge fans, well then I might just do some tinkering.

Also, anyone who doesn't play mafia but just wants to talk about the Elder Scrolls games is welcome to post here too.

I've played every game (not ESO) so I'm both interested, and aware of the lore.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:16:33 PM
At 2/22/2015 3:14:30 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

I've played every game (not ESO) so I'm both interested, and aware of the lore.

Great, hopefully enough people express interest because I have some ideas that I think will be really cool.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:16:54 PM
And I recall Walmart had every game + all DLCs for sale on PC a while ago.
That or I can link you to a legit torrent.
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:26:32 PM
At 2/22/2015 3:16:54 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Yeah problem is i have a Mac right now :(

I'm waiting for my next computer to get a PC and play morrowind on it. Coincidentally, which was your favorite? And did you really play the games before morrowind like daggerfall? Weren't those ancient?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 3:31:17 PM
At 2/22/2015 3:26:32 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/22/2015 3:16:54 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Yeah problem is i have a Mac right now :(

I'm waiting for my next computer to get a PC and play morrowind on it. Coincidentally, which was your favorite? And did you really play the games before morrowind like daggerfall? Weren't those ancient?

Yeah. But they're free and easy enough to play.
I liked Oblivion most because I got to be Sheogorath.
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 6:55:08 PM

Yesssssssss
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:28:27 AM
I've played Skyrim too many times to count. It's one of those pick-up-and-play gams for me. I've gotten bored, though, so now I want to play it on my laptop so I can mod it. Does anyone here do that? If not, check out videos on youtube of Skyrim modding. You can add new creatures, armors/weapons, spells, animations, improve the graphics, create new quests and lands. It's really cool.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 1:29:08 AM
At 2/23/2015 12:28:27 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I've played Skyrim too many times to count. It's one of those pick-up-and-play gams for me. I've gotten bored, though, so now I want to play it on my laptop so I can mod it. Does anyone here do that? If not, check out videos on youtube of Skyrim modding. You can add new creatures, armors/weapons, spells, animations, improve the graphics, create new quests and lands. It's really cool.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 3:18:26 PM
At 2/23/2015 1:29:08 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

That...was bone chilling.
- lamerde

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 3:23:57 PM
At 2/23/2015 3:18:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:

You go to Skyrim Nexus and start from there.
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:53:06 PM
At 2/23/2015 3:18:26 PM, Maikuru wrote:

https://sp.yimg.com... Your God is a vengeful God.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 4:54:00 PM
If this game happens, Thomas the Tank Engine needs to be a third party.
- Hilaire Belloc -
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 5:50:59 PM
If only their was like a continuous close up of Thomas and everytime there was that shitty sound From every horror movie DUUN. lmao
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:20:38 PM

I'd love to but my laptop is a Mac so I had to get Skyrim for my 360. Hopefully when the next game comes out I'll have a new computer
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:21:50 PM
At 2/23/2015 4:54:00 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Apparently there's a mod that turns dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:41:18 PM
At 2/23/2015 9:21:50 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:47:43 PM
At 2/23/2015 9:41:18 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 2/23/2015 9:21:50 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

That's probably what hell consists of.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 7:54:41 PM
At 3/2/2015 7:18:43 PM, Master_Fallow wrote:
Hello I would like to discuss the Daedra from the elder scrolls games..

Sure, what about them? Also are you referring to all Daedra or specifically the daedric princes?
Master_Fallow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 8:04:14 PM
Preferably my main concern is the demora off Oblivion eg: Why do the demora weapons look similar to daedra weapons yet demora weapons are weaker and have less durability...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 8:13:51 PM
At 3/2/2015 8:04:14 PM, Master_Fallow wrote:
Preferably my main concern is the demora off Oblivion eg: Why do the demora weapons look similar to daedra weapons yet demora weapons are weaker and have less durability...

That's a good question, especially as the highest level dremora often do carry "real" daedric weapons. My guess is it was done for balancing issues at the expense of realism. The oblivion gates are already extremely difficult on higher levels, so having to face all the dremora equipped with full daedric gear would be even harder! Just my guess, who knows really