Total Posts:510|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

SURPRISE MAFIA: Day Phase Four

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:12:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Raisor - You are SLAPDASH PRESENTATION. Sure, you may not kill a case, but you definitely making voting for you harder. What really bothers me are those kids who pace or make odd movements while they read. They kind of remind me of ninjas standing up there flailing their arms. Therefore, you are the NINJA. Each night you may choose to carry out the NK. If you do, you cannot be seen by Trackers or Watchers.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

XLAV - [redacted]

GRAVEYARD

Khaos - Powerful Rhetoric, Alarmist - Town
Zaradi - Enunciation, Innocent Child - Town
Yama - Dropped Arguments, JOAT - Mafia
Skep (Kiri) - ??? , ??? - ???
Raisor - Slapdash Presentation, Ninja - Mafia
XLAV - ??? , ??? - ???

LIVING PLAYERS

TUF
Ford
Solon
Medic
Khaos (Rev)
Dalt
Blackvoid
Bossy
Rocket (FT/Daytona)
HPG
Endark
Danielle
7th (Val)
Harder (Wylted)
Beginner

With 15 players remaining, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at 7:00pm, DDO time, on 2/26/15.
This DP and all further DPs are just 48 hours!


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:19:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, gee.
XLAV is dead before he could justify his town read on Dalton....

Does that mean Dalton is town?
Medic, why did you not confirm your role?

So, I'm guessing there is four mafia. Most likely a godfather and a janitor.
My work here is, finally, done.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:19:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, looks like I won't be able to confirm myself this game.

I'm a good cross-ex, x1 motivator. Justification - setting up my opponent with CX questions gives me the motivation to destroy them in the next speech. Its not a good justification, and thats why I town-read TUF in DP1, because he also said his role doesn't have a good justification.

I decided to use it on Xlav last night since he was obvious town and most likely had an active role due to there being several vanillas already.

My soft-claim was "indecisive no more", relating to the fact that if you're wavering between 2 people to target for your night action, I could allow you to bypass that choice and let you target both of them.

I felt the need to soft claim because my role was only x1, so it would such if either I was RB'd or my target died.

Screw you, Raisor....
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:21:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't even know how we're supposed to kill all the cult with there also being (presumably) 2 mafia remaining. We might just have to bank on finding the cult leader and hoping that his death kills all the cultists.

I also don't get what Raisor was saying about the cult being "very close" to winning. We've lynched scum 2/3 times, if we lose despite that, then there's a serious game design issue.

But we really need most of the role claims out right now.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:25:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:21:51 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm not claiming my role at this point, and I already character claimed.
Why did you not target me? :(

What do you think about Dalton, FT, bossy, and Medic?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?
My work here is, finally, done.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:36:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:25:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:21:51 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm not claiming my role at this point, and I already character claimed.
Why did you not target me? :(

What do you think about Dalton, FT, bossy, and Medic?

Because Xlav was obvious town and you're null atm.

Those guys are all non-mafia. Dalt because of the reason I gave last DP - cult leader is a once in a lifetime role, you wouldnt let yourself get lynched as easily as Dalt did if you had it. Your response was that TP is hard to win, so he might be passive about dying anyway, but even you said right afterward that Cult is the easiest. Also, it gives you supreme control of your faction with the ability to win single-handedly. You'd definitely be giving it your all with that role. And this reasoning was what Xlav agreed with.

Bossy's likely town from the mason result, unless you wanna argue it was a bus. But that seems really unnecessary given that nobody really FOS'd Raisor at the time.

FT is mostly gut hunch, and your argument for him at the end of DP3 is also plausible.

Medic should be obvious town based on my previous statements about how he's playing to his town meta 100%, and his role is clearly town-based.

I don't get why you dont want to claim. We have a solid list of townies, but you're one of the nulls. If your role is legit, we can narrow the list further.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:38:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.

I've never seen a janitor that was more than 2x.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:40:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:38:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.

I've never seen a janitor that was more than 2x.

Unfortunently, I have :/ bluesteel's Mentalist game, the mafia janitored every NK the entire game.

But if its not the role you're voting him for, then why are you voting Medic?

Solon's a guy we should all agree needs to full claim, given that he's a null with low activity.

VTL Solon.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:41:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are we saying scum doesn't have anyone more important to roleblock (assuming they even have a roleblocker/redirector) than a coroner?

If so, why? Raisor was already lynched, presumably with Skep's claim. So has the last mafia not yet claimed? And what's the scum utility in preventing Skep's reveal? Or have they ALREADY used Skep's claim, and it wasn't doctor?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:42:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:40:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:38:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.

I've never seen a janitor that was more than 2x.

Unfortunently, I have :/ bluesteel's Mentalist game, the mafia janitored every NK the entire game.

But if its not the role you're voting him for, then why are you voting Medic?

Solon's a guy we should all agree needs to full claim, given that he's a null with low activity.

VTL Solon.

Solon is vanilla. I stole his role, remember?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:42:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??

What did you do?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:43:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:19:57 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Well, looks like I won't be able to confirm myself this game.

I'm a good cross-ex, x1 motivator. Justification - setting up my opponent with CX questions gives me the motivation to destroy them in the next speech. Its not a good justification, and thats why I town-read TUF in DP1, because he also said his role doesn't have a good justification.

I decided to use it on Xlav last night since he was obvious town and most likely had an active role due to there being several vanillas already.

My soft-claim was "indecisive no more", relating to the fact that if you're wavering between 2 people to target for your night action, I could allow you to bypass that choice and let you target both of them.

I felt the need to soft claim because my role was only x1, so it would such if either I was RB'd or my target died.

Screw you, Raisor....

VTL blackvoid
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:44:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:42:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:38:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.

I've never seen a janitor that was more than 2x.

Unfortunently, I have :/ bluesteel's Mentalist game, the mafia janitored every NK the entire game.

But if its not the role you're voting him for, then why are you voting Medic?

Solon's a guy we should all agree needs to full claim, given that he's a null with low activity.

VTL Solon.

Solon is vanilla. I stole his role, remember?

I must have missed the part where you explained exactly how your role works.

So what happens when you steal someone? Do you submit your action in the format of "steal X and use it on Y'? Or do you target a player and Bsh tells you what they have?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:44:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:42:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??

What did you do?

I slept during the night. How about you??
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:44:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:36:39 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:25:42 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:21:51 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I'm not claiming my role at this point, and I already character claimed.
Why did you not target me? :(

What do you think about Dalton, FT, bossy, and Medic?

Because Xlav was obvious town and you're null atm.

Those guys are all non-mafia. Dalt because of the reason I gave last DP - cult leader is a once in a lifetime role, you wouldnt let yourself get lynched as easily as Dalt did if you had it. Your response was that TP is hard to win, so he might be passive about dying anyway, but even you said right afterward that Cult is the easiest. Also, it gives you supreme control of your faction with the ability to win single-handedly. You'd definitely be giving it your all with that role. And this reasoning was what Xlav agreed with.
I stand by my FOS of him.
However, I don't remember much of DP1. (1000+ posts ago)
Being low activity is a great way, even for cult, to avoid suspicion until you get some help.

Bossy's likely town from the mason result, unless you wanna argue it was a bus. But that seems really unnecessary given that nobody really FOS'd Raisor at the time.

FT is mostly gut hunch, and your argument for him at the end of DP3 is also plausible.
This is true, except for that situation. It could explain FT's quitting being recruited. Either way, he is likely not cult. Just a conniving bastard.

Medic should be obvious town based on my previous statements about how he's playing to his town meta 100%, and his role is clearly town-based.
Unless, as I said, the innocent child cannot be truly erased. Therefore, since there has only been one reveal, it could mean Medic is janitor....or recruited and lost his role (or kept his role and said, nah)

I don't get why you dont want to claim. We have a solid list of townies, but you're one of the nulls. If your role is legit, we can narrow the list further.
Of course my role is legit, and I have my reasons.
Believing me just because of my role is annoying, and, if I could have proven my role, I would have.
My work here is, finally, done.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:45:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:44:07 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:42:12 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:48 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:38:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:37:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

And thats why Medic's role exists.

But you're right, janitors suck. For both players and mods.

I've never seen a janitor that was more than 2x.

Unfortunently, I have :/ bluesteel's Mentalist game, the mafia janitored every NK the entire game.

But if its not the role you're voting him for, then why are you voting Medic?

Solon's a guy we should all agree needs to full claim, given that he's a null with low activity.

VTL Solon.

Solon is vanilla. I stole his role, remember?

I must have missed the part where you explained exactly how your role works.

So what happens when you steal someone? Do you submit your action in the format of "steal X and use it on Y'? Or do you target a player and Bsh tells you what they have?

Have you not played with a rolestealer before? Once per game, I target someone and permanently acquire their role.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:46:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:44:13 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:42:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??

What did you do?

I slept during the night. How about you??

So...you waived. Amazing.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:46:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:45:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Have you not played with a rolestealer before? Once per game, I target someone and permanently acquire their role.

Oh, permanent role stealer. My bad. I thought you means you could steal a different person's role each night, just for that night.

So Bsh specifically said Solon is a vanilla? Or did he just say he has no powers?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:48:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:46:45 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:45:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Have you not played with a rolestealer before? Once per game, I target someone and permanently acquire their role.

Oh, permanent role stealer. My bad. I thought you means you could steal a different person's role each night, just for that night.

So Bsh specifically said Solon is a vanilla? Or did he just say he has no powers?

My role says my target gets converted into vanilla
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:50:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:46:45 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:45:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Have you not played with a rolestealer before? Once per game, I target someone and permanently acquire their role.

Oh, permanent role stealer. My bad. I thought you means you could steal a different person's role each night, just for that night.

So Bsh specifically said Solon is a vanilla? Or did he just say he has no powers?

yeah endark we don't buy your confirming other players as town based on a shitty role
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:51:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:46:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:44:13 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:42:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??

What did you do?

I slept during the night. How about you??

So...you waived. Amazing.

Since you must know, I was one-shot. I find it odd how both you and Khaos come out making the same charge against me, as if a mod has ever decided to "confirm" a dead person. Seems a little premeditated, don't you think??

VTL Khaos...for role claim
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:51:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
@Khaos, on Medic, are you implying that Bsh would reveal Zaradi's full role on DP3 no matter what? I don't really believe that, because his role says that his affiliation will be confirmed DP3, not his entire role.

In any case, since Zaradi's role was legit revealed, Bsh should be able to answer this question for us.

Bsh, would Zaradi's role activate even if he was dead?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:53:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:51:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:46:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:44:13 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:42:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:40:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:36:45 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:35:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 2/24/2015 7:33:54 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Medic, obviously

This janitor is getting super OP.

So...wouldn't this mean that Medic's role is legit?

Who said that's why I'm voting him?

Then why are you voting me??

What did you do?

I slept during the night. How about you??

So...you waived. Amazing.

Since you must know, I was one-shot. I find it odd how both you and Khaos come out making the same charge against me, as if a mod has ever decided to "confirm" a dead person. Seems a little premeditated, don't you think??

VTL Khaos...for role claim

A one shot coroner for an infinite janitor. Interesting balance.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:54:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/24/2015 7:51:31 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@Khaos, on Medic, are you implying that Bsh would reveal Zaradi's full role on DP3 no matter what? I don't really believe that, because his role says that his affiliation will be confirmed DP3, not his entire role.
Good point.
My work here is, finally, done.