SURPRISE MAFIA: Day Phase Five

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:28:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Endark - You are a PERMUTATION. Perming the other's sides advocacy is often a useful strategy, because you cancel out their offense. You are the TRACKER. Each night you may select a player and learn who, if anyone, they visited. You win with the Town. Town wins when it has eliminated all other factions.

GRAVEYARD

Khaos - Powerful Rhetoric, Alarmist - Town
Zaradi - Enunciation, Innocent Child - Town
Yama - Dropped Arguments, JOAT - Mafia
Skep (Kiri) - ??? , ??? - ???
Raisor - Slapdash Presentation, Ninja - Mafia
XLAV - ??? , ??? - ???
Endark - Permutation, Tracker - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

TUF
Ford
Solon
Medic
Khaos (Rev)
Dalt
Blackvoid
Bossy
Korashk (Rocket/FT/Daytona)
HPG
Danielle
7th (Val)
TN05 (Harder/Wylted)
Beginner

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at 11:59, DDO time, on 3/1/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:30:33 AM
ATTENTION

TN05 is replacing Harder. Korashk is replacing Rocket. Solon, Dalt, and Bossy have all been asked to step up their activity or face replacement as well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:02:52 AM
There are two possibilities here:

A: The janitor was 3-shot
B: Medic is mafia and waived the janitor to make town believe possibility A to be the case

Of the two, A seems more likely. A 3-shot janitor does make sense in a cult game, since it motivates scum to kill the cult leader and keep town in the dark about it (thus making them chase wild geese). B still is a possibility, but it's a bit far-out.

What Endark did last DP was REALLY stupid. Danielle not immediately claiming was just as stupid. Here's a thought - why was Endark killed and not Danielle? Surely a cop is a higher-priority target than a tracker... and it's safe to assume that the doc is dead, since Raisor went un-ccd. Danielle may be an easier ML target, but, at this point, it's hard to say that the possibility of lynching her is more important than suppressing guilty results.

I did commute the night Danielle claims to have targeted me, so that at least lends a bit of credence to her claim, but, then again, I explicitly said I would. I also asked for someone to target me to prove that I'm, at the very least, not cult leader (and, assuming that y'all accept that usually cultists lose their original roles, that I'm not cult at all), so her targeting me wasn't as outlandish as it might seem.

Danielle was a prime cult recruit target last NP, which is something to keep in mind, so we shouldn't trust her results (at least to a great extent) past this point.

I still think BV is one of our best bets, just based on POE + the concerns I raised last DP (which, although they were kind of mitigated, still warrant attention).

First, though, I want to hear from TN05. His playerspot has basically drifted under the radar for this entire game, and I really don't like that.

VTL TN05
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:12:32 AM
VTL Daltonian

I'm going to be posting here periodically as I skim the tremendously long day phases that you guys have had. It doesn't surprise me that most of DP1 was meaningless drivel. I'm cross-checking the thing in TUF's sig as I read and combined with my suspicions and the lack of info on Dalt in that document I'm on him.

I'm current;y a bit through DP2 and am ASTOUNDED that you guys didn't lynch FT because he was playing very scummily. He was my biggest scum-read until I realized that he was the one I replaced and therefore couldn't be mafia.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:13:52 AM
At 2/28/2015 5:12:32 AM, Korashk wrote:
VTL Daltonian

I'm going to be posting here periodically as I skim the tremendously long day phases that you guys have had. It doesn't surprise me that most of DP1 was meaningless drivel. I'm cross-checking the thing in TUF's sig as I read and combined with my suspicions and the lack of info on Dalt in that document I'm on him.

I'm current;y a bit through DP2 and am ASTOUNDED that you guys didn't lynch FT because he was playing very scummily. He was my biggest scum-read until I realized that he was the one I replaced and therefore couldn't be mafia.

I found his claim in the document, but my vote stays because the information there and what I've read so far hasn't changed my suspicion.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:35:33 AM
Jesus Christ, this day phase is only 24 hours long. I'm not reading 500 more posts DP2, 600 DP3, and 500 DP4 just to kinda get more into this game. Replacing in is hard as it is. If there's any super-important information not mentioned DP4, then you guys are just going to have to inform me of it now, or when I make some sort of deduction that contradicts confirm-able information. I'm reading DP4 and going to bed.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 5:41:37 AM
At 2/28/2015 5:35:33 AM, Korashk wrote:
Jesus Christ, this day phase is only *48* hours long. I'm not reading 500 more posts DP2, 600 DP3, and 500 DP4 just to kinda get more into this game. Replacing in is hard as it is. If there's any super-important information not mentioned DP4, then you guys are just going to have to inform me of it now, or when I make some sort of deduction that contradicts confirm-able information. I'm reading DP4 and going to bed.

Sheesh, it's 6:40 AM. I need to read the phase and sleep.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 9:19:58 AM
This game has gotten slower recently and I haven't posted as much. If bsh needs to replace me for that, oh well, but these DPs are quite short. I'm pretty sure I'm going to post more substantively than the limited pool of replacements at this point..

I still FOS Danielle to a degree. Can someone re-explain the Endark/Dani situation to me? Did Endark claim to have seen Dani visit XLAV? If she was RB'd, how is this possible? Why kill Endark and not Dani? Mafia could have a godfather remaining, and if their other member was a miller anyway, there could be incentive to keep the cop alive. I think TN05 might be mafia if Dani is town. HPG's counterclaim of Raisor is suspect to me as well. The character cc's in this game are too ridiculous for me to buy.

Aside from that, if the cult leader has not died, they are still recruiting each night phase. If no cultists have died yet, then the game is over if there's a mislynch and mafia kills a townie. I do not think Skep was the recruiter, because I think Raisor took his doc claim and (if Dani is town) she has him as inno. I don't buy XLAV being scum. It could be possible that cult recruited mafia or were roleblocked, however. Either way, cult is an equal threat to town at this point imho.

When did Danielle visit bossy? According to what Khaos says her results were at the end of DP3, she copped Skep inno np1, Beginner inno NP2, and was RB'd np3. Bossy seems to be saying she targeted him and confirmed him.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 9:23:01 AM
VTL Daltonian
Why exactly are you voting for me?

.. because you haven't read the DPs..?
Before you re-read the day phases, can you re-state your role and char justification?

TUF's claimslists is outdated, by the way. He probably hasn't gotten online to update it yet.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:03:40 AM
VTL Daltonian

VTL korashk bashing the your own slot? "Even I scum read it guys I'm so townie"
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:34:39 AM
At 2/28/2015 10:03:40 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL Daltonian

Jesus christ, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. That's literally the most insignificant thing you could have pointed out about his playerslot.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:43:00 AM
At 2/28/2015 9:19:58 AM, Daltonian wrote:
This game has gotten slower recently and I haven't posted as much. If bsh needs to replace me for that, oh well, but these DPs are quite short. I'm pretty sure I'm going to post more substantively than the limited pool of replacements at this point..

I still FOS Danielle to a degree. Can someone re-explain the Endark/Dani situation to me? Did Endark claim to have seen Dani visit XLAV? If she was RB'd, how is this possible?
Endark apparently saw that Dani didn't visit anyone, which helps, for some godforsaken reason, took as meaning that she was lying about having a useful active role. Danielle claims to have visited me, which would explain why she didn't show up as having had visited anyone.

Why kill Endark and not Dani? Mafia could have a godfather remaining, and if their other member was a miller anyway, there could be incentive to keep the cop alive. I think TN05 might be mafia if Dani is town.
Good point about the miller claim - that would actually make a lot of sense with two mafia left.
HPG's counterclaim of Raisor is suspect to me as well. The character cc's in this game are too ridiculous for me to buy.
I don't think it lends HPG any credibility, but I don't see how it detracts any, either. It could be a mafia/cult ploy, sure, or Raisor could have just come up with something BSH already had. What's so ridiculous about that?
Aside from that, if the cult leader has not died, they are still recruiting each night phase. If no cultists have died yet, then the game is over if there's a mislynch and mafia kills a townie. I do not think Skep was the recruiter, because I think Raisor took his doc claim and (if Dani is town) she has him as inno. I don't buy XLAV being scum. It could be possible that cult recruited mafia or were roleblocked, however. Either way, cult is an equal threat to town at this point imho.

When did Danielle visit bossy? According to what Khaos says her results were at the end of DP3, she copped Skep inno np1, Beginner inno NP2, and was RB'd np3. Bossy seems to be saying she targeted him and confirmed him.

I commuted that NP, which confirms that I didn't recruit anyone (and, as such, that I'm likely not cult leader). I asked people to visit me that np to prove that.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:45:54 AM
Here's a proposal - Mafia, it's likely that unless you start killing cult you'll flat-out lose the game. To find cult/for town to help you, you need to out yourselves. Unless you do, I propose that townies have no further discussion about cult, which would make your job much harder.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:51:30 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:02:52 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

B: Medic is mafia and waived the janitor to make town believe possibility A to be the case

Of the two, A seems more likely. A 3-shot janitor does make sense in a cult game, since it motivates scum to kill the cult leader and keep town in the dark about it (thus making them chase wild geese). B still is a possibility, but it's a bit far-out.

What Endark did last DP was REALLY stupid. Danielle not immediately claiming was just as stupid. Here's a thought - why was Endark killed and not Danielle? Surely a cop is a higher-priority target than a tracker... and it's safe to assume that the doc is dead, since Raisor went un-ccd. Danielle may be an easier ML target, but, at this point, it's hard to say that the possibility of lynching her is more important than suppressing guilty results.

I did commute the night Danielle claims to have targeted me, so that at least lends a bit of credence to her claim, but, then again, I explicitly said I would. I also asked for someone to target me to prove that I'm, at the very least, not cult leader (and, assuming that y'all accept that usually cultists lose their original roles, that I'm not cult at all), so her targeting me wasn't as outlandish as it might seem.

Danielle was a prime cult recruit target last NP, which is something to keep in mind, so we shouldn't trust her results (at least to a great extent) past this point.

I still think BV is one of our best bets, just based on POE + the concerns I raised last DP (which, although they were kind of mitigated, still warrant attention).

First, though, I want to hear from TN05. His playerspot has basically drifted under the radar for this entire game, and I really don't like that.

VTL TN05

I'm still reading through this game (I've come down with the flu and that's made that a bit harder), but I wanted to reaffirm that my role is Miller, and my character is Theory. I'll have more to come once I've finished reading.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 10:55:04 AM
At 2/28/2015 1:02:52 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Yeah, unless you want to believe that mafia has a janitor that can redact information, and release it later, while town has no ability to counter the janitored information, then me being mafia is out of the question. I think it comes down to either lynch me under suspicion of being a cult member, or don't waste your time worrying about me.

VTL TN05
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:03:38 AM
At 2/28/2015 10:45:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Here's a proposal - Mafia, it's likely that unless you start killing cult you'll flat-out lose the game. To find cult/for town to help you, you need to out yourselves. Unless you do, I propose that townies have no further discussion about cult, which would make your job much harder.

Unless mafia has reason to believe there is no cult. I find it awfully strange that we're on DP5 and have no word of a cultist, regardless of the fact that we have an alarmist. Plus, town and mafia together would likely just barely outnumber cult at this point--one would think that we would have more people concerned about that situation than what we do. I think there may not be one.

In any case, I want TN05's justification. VTL TN05
If we don't find anyone terribly scummy by the end of this, we should lynch HPG. Having slightly-trolltastic people alive and going into MYLO soon-ish (assuming a cult) is a problematic situation
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:13:04 AM
I don't have a lot of time to post right now because I have company, so before Danielle comes in wanting to lynch me for "information", which I'm fine with since my role is used up, I want to get this out for town to consider.

Now that I've seen Endark's flip, in hindsight, I kinda think Xlav may have been the cop. Earlier when I first registered my suspicion about Endark's role, Xlav made a short post stating that Endark was town, without giving any reasoning. I may be reading more into this than is necessary, but I'm not sure how he could have been so confident about that unless he was the cop and had already checked Endark.

Has anyone else been roleblocked this game??

I think town needs to get the rest of the claims out. I also think we need to find out if anyone can confirm that Bossy has recruited them into the masons.

VTL Ford for claim
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:19:50 AM
At 2/28/2015 10:34:39 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 2/28/2015 10:03:40 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL Daltonian

Jesus christ, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. That's literally the most insignificant thing you could have pointed out about his playerslot.

most insignificant? It was at least 5 significant. And a tell. Tell me what is the most significant thing I could have pointed out?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:22:42 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:13:04 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I don't have a lot of time to post right now because I have company, so before Danielle comes in wanting to lynch me for "information", which I'm fine with since my role is used up, I want to get this out for town to consider.

Now that I've seen Endark's flip, in hindsight, I kinda think Xlav may have been the cop. Earlier when I first registered my suspicion about Endark's role, Xlav made a short post stating that Endark was town, without giving any reasoning. I may be reading more into this than is necessary, but I'm not sure how he could have been so confident about that unless he was the cop and had already checked Endark.

I think town needs to get the rest of the claims out. I also think we need to find out if anyone can confirm that Bossy has recruited them into the masons.

VTL Ford for claim

I'm okay with lynching bossy as he said he has used his 2x recruit already. Basically if there is no cult bossy is most likely mafia based on him being probably mafia mason. In fact lynching bossy and him flipping scum would I think prove there is no cult.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 11:46:46 AM
At 2/28/2015 11:22:42 AM, headphonegut wrote:

VTL Ford for claim

I'm okay with lynching bossy as he said he has used his 2x recruit already. Basically if there is no cult bossy is most likely mafia based on him being probably mafia mason. In fact lynching bossy and him flipping scum would I think prove there is no cult.

Is that sarcasm?? I just think that it makes sense to think that someone would try to make a fake claim that is close to their actual role. In addition, if he's cult recruiter, we wouldn't expect to have anyone available willing to confirm his role. Commuter would also be a very good ability for a cult recruiter to have, and he claimed 2-shot commuter. It makes perfect sense that he would be unable to recruit mafia, thus busting Raisor. I could be wrong obviously, but I think we would be remiss if we don't consider that possibility.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:21:30 PM

I considered this as well. Nobody else has reported a role block. Mafia could have a JOAT, but this destroys my theory that Danielle was kept alive because only a godfather and a miller claim remained. If someone else was ever rb'd or their action failed, out this now.

XLAV always states his reads like that, though, usually never justifying them unless it is fiercely demanded of him.
If I recall, bossy claimed his ability to be 2x and targeted Zaradi and Raisor, both obviously failing.

He could be cult recruiter. If Danielle is actually a cop, this is more likely, considering the abundance of PRs.

VTL Ford for claim
agree. VTL Ford
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:29:41 PM
At 2/28/2015 11:22:42 AM, headphonegut wrote:

VTL Ford for claim

Lol, are you serious? If you're paranoid I could kind of see a case for me being cult making sense (but not really since the commute makes no sense if I'm cult), but a case for me as MAFIA? You do realize that my actions directly led to Raisor's lynch, right? Why in the world would mafia bus their teammates like that...
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 12:37:04 PM
At 2/28/2015 11:03:38 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 2/28/2015 10:45:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Unless mafia has reason to believe there is no cult. I find it awfully strange that we're on DP5 and have no word of a cultist, regardless of the fact that we have an alarmist. Plus, town and mafia together would likely just barely outnumber cult at this point--one would think that we would have more people concerned about that situation than what we do. I think there may not be one.
My guess is that some of the janitored players are cultists, but the mafia doesn't want to push the cult angle too hard because it'll seem like inside information. Either way, I think the alarmist basically guarantees a cult... I don't see a way around that
In any case, I want TN05's justification. VTL TN05
If we don't find anyone terribly scummy by the end of this, we should lynch HPG. Having slightly-trolltastic people alive and going into MYLO soon-ish (assuming a cult) is a problematic situation

I wouldn't be too critical of this plan.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 1:30:40 PM
I am disappointed that Endark is town With the way he played last DP. Anyways I am going to Wendover this weekend so I probably won't be able to make a bunch of posts til monday.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:12:03 PM
@Dalt Dani is not the scum we are looking for.
I think our scummiest player by far is ford, who has explicitly refused to play with town with his 'cult recruit me' I mean, I completely understand that mentality, but we aren't even losing and there might not EVEN be a cult. That's just lazy play.

Ford, lynching you would be against your factions win, whether you be cult, town or mafia.
What are you?
VTL Ford

Danielle, do you have any results?
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:13:33 PM
If possible we should end this DP with a lynch on BV or TUF if we have no certain scum
Senpai has noticed you.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:26:18 PM
At 2/28/2015 2:12:03 PM, Beginner wrote:
I think our scummiest player by far is ford, who has explicitly refused to play with town with his 'cult recruit me' I mean, I completely understand that mentality, but we aren't even losing and there might not EVEN be a cult. That's just lazy play.
We are beating mafia but losing horribly to cult, unless one of the janitored kills was cult leader.
Ford, lynching you would be against your factions win, whether you be cult, town or mafia.
What are you?
VTL Ford
I am unfortunately still town.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 2:42:48 PM
At 2/28/2015 2:26:18 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 2/28/2015 2:12:03 PM, Beginner wrote:
We are beating mafia but losing horribly to cult, unless one of the janitored kills was cult leader.
Losing horribly to cult? We don't even KNOW that. We don't even KNOW if cult exists. And as you've said, one of the janned kills could be cult leader,

This reeks of an excuse to not maintain any kind of dialogue or actually engage in the game.
Your behavior reeks of scum.

In the absence of more solid alternatives, we should lynch Ford.
Senpai has noticed you.