Total Posts:538|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Game Theory Mafia - DP2

Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:49:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Game Theory Mafia - DP2

Died last DP:


None.

Died in the NP:


Ore_Ele - You are the doctor; you may self-protect; if you protect anyone other than yourself, mafia will be informed of your role.

Town.

Last night's game:
(For all town players)

NP1 (private): "Watchmen" - after the dramatic showdown of the first day, all town players are jittery about their wellbeing. Each player has the option to become a watchman. The watchman guards the town, and must forfeit his role (both passive and active) that night. If there are volunteers, then the mafia may only target watchmen. They may kill up to 2 due to the exposed nature of the watchmen. If, however, a majority of the town volunteers to become watchmen, then only 1 watchman will die, and the mafia member performing the kill will be shot. The mafia is informed of all the players whom it may kill. Please submit watchman volunteering duty by PM. No discussion allowed.

Living players:
1. medic0506
2. headphonegut
3. daytonanerd
4. RevNge
5. YamaVonKarma
6. That1User
7. Khaos_Mage
8. ford_prefect
9. lannan13 (replacement pending)
10. XLAV
11. Zaradi (rep numberwang)
12. SeventhProfessor
13. bossyburrito
14. Korashk

Dead:
1. Ore_Ele - doctor with limitations.

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

This DP lasts 72 hours. DP2 ends 03/8 16:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:50:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Today's game:

DP2 (public): "Congregation" - you wake up today to a public cry to unite. Someone says that practicing lynching is savage, and against the rule of law and due process. The following is proposed: instead of lynching, players can instead "jail." Jailing makes the jailed player essentially dead, and he will be mod confirmed and PM revealed upon being jailed. The jailed player can be "set free" (revived) on any day with a majority vote in addition to the lynch.

When a player votes, he indicates whether it is a jail or lynch (preferred format: VTL/VTJ), with lynch being default. At the end of the DP, the player with majority vote will be jailed if a majority of his votes received where "jail," otherwise lynched.

Players who voted to lynch the jailed or lynched player gain a collective 1x lynchproof; that is, if anyone of them were lynched, that DP will end and no lynch will go through. If no jail or lynch go through then no effects are given. Discussion allowed.
0x5f3759df
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 3:55:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
CORRECTION

Ore's role was C/P'd form an out dated version. His true role is as follows:

Ore_Ele - You are the doctor; you may self-protect; if you protect anyone other than yourself, then you may no longer target yourself.
0x5f3759df
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:01:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hmm... vote to lynch HPG or vote to jail HPG... decisions, decisions
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:02:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since Ore hasn't replaced Lannan, we know he targeted himself.
Therefore, mafia has a strongman.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:03:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Looks like the most of the rest of you bastards decided not to be watchmen. Sigh... God f*cking dammit.

I think we can agree that VTJ'ing is more advantageous to town than VTL'ing, would I be right in that?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:05:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:02:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Since Ore hasn't replaced Lannan, we know he targeted himself.
Therefore, mafia has a strongman.

How, exactly, does that follow?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:06:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?
Why couldn't bossy have protected someone?
Also, mafia could have had a bulletproof or something.

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
Why would you say this?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:07:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:06:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?
Why couldn't bossy have protected someone?
Also, mafia could have had a bulletproof or something.

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
Why would you say this?

I mean why couldn't Ore have protected someone.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:07:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:05:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:02:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Since Ore hasn't replaced Lannan, we know he targeted himself.
Therefore, mafia has a strongman.

How, exactly, does that follow?

In games where information such as that could be revealed by me (I regularly self-doc NP1), I haven't been allowed to replace in.

As Ore likes playing mafia, I doubt he would've refused to replace back in. Therefore, he must be forbidden from doing so.

Logic
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:09:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:07:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:06:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?
Why couldn't bossy have protected someone?
Also, mafia could have had a bulletproof or something.

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
Why would you say this?

I mean why couldn't Ore have protected someone.

Because Mafia could only target watchmen last night, and watchmen forfeit their roles. If Ore died, that meant that he chose to become a Watchman, and, as such, couldn't have docced anyone.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:10:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:07:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:05:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:02:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Since Ore hasn't replaced Lannan, we know he targeted himself.
Therefore, mafia has a strongman.

How, exactly, does that follow?

In games where information such as that could be revealed by me (I regularly self-doc NP1), I haven't been allowed to replace in.

As Ore likes playing mafia, I doubt he would've refused to replace back in. Therefore, he must be forbidden from doing so.

Logic

Or he hasn't responded to the replacement request yet?
How long ago did he die? How do you know he can't replace in?
I think you should claim. This sounds like inside knowledge.

Bullish, would you allow Ore, or any dead townie, to replace in?
My work here is, finally, done.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:11:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:07:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:05:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:02:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Since Ore hasn't replaced Lannan, we know he targeted himself.
Therefore, mafia has a strongman.

How, exactly, does that follow?

In games where information such as that could be revealed by me (I regularly self-doc NP1), I haven't been allowed to replace in.
Ah, I see.
As Ore likes playing mafia, I doubt he would've refused to replace back in. Therefore, he must be forbidden from doing so.

Logic

He couldn't have docced himself, though... As I just explained to Khaos.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:11:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:09:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:07:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:06:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?
Why couldn't bossy have protected someone?
Also, mafia could have had a bulletproof or something.

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
Why would you say this?

I mean why couldn't Ore have protected someone.

Because Mafia could only target watchmen last night, and watchmen forfeit their roles. If Ore died, that meant that he chose to become a Watchman, and, as such, couldn't have docced anyone.

Now that's logic!
However, I'm not so sure it's that simple.

If a watcher watched me last night, I need to know!!!
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:12:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:09:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:07:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:06:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:03:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I'm assuming that the majority of people didn't become watchmen, given that no mafia died? If that's so, why did only Ore die? He couldn't have docced anyone since he forfeited his role (he must have since only watchmen could be targeted, right?), so why didn't two townies die?
Why couldn't bossy have protected someone?
Also, mafia could have had a bulletproof or something.

The game for this Dp seems fairly straightforward... Anyone who votes to lynch should instantly be scumread, since it's incredibly anti-town to gain the ability to basically force a NL even if town wanted to lynch them.
Why would you say this?

I mean why couldn't Ore have protected someone.

Because Mafia could only target watchmen last night, and watchmen forfeit their roles. If Ore died, that meant that he chose to become a Watchman, and, as such, couldn't have docced anyone.

I refuse to comment on my role.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:13:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:01:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Hmm... vote to lynch HPG or vote to jail HPG... decisions, decisions

I'd be perfectly fine with voting to jail HPG at this point, just to be sure. We NEED to test his role again anyway (NEVER test roles only once).

I don't want this wagon to go too fast, though. There's no point in rushing it.
Vote To Jail HPG
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:13:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:10:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:07:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Bullish, would you allow Ore, or any dead townie, to replace in?

Yes, although I generally favor replacing with new people.

Occasionally, if a dead townie has exclusive information, but that information is non-essential, and the game is really low on activity, I may allow that dead townie to replace back in.
0x5f3759df
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:15:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm curious about if mafia were informed about who became Watchmen.

Choose a name: Rev or Bossy
One of these two are claiming before this day is over
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:16:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Bullish, so I assume a jailed player needs to be set free in order to use their role.
Do they count towards the majority count?
If they are mafia, do they need to be set free for town to win?
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:17:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If all town received the Watchmen alert but we were forbidden from speaking about it, that must mean mafia were not informed about it.

Therefore, mafia must have targeted Ore with a Strongman.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:17:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:15:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm curious about if mafia were informed about who became Watchmen.
Probably, since they could only target them....

Choose a name: Rev or Bossy
One of these two are claiming before this day is over
I'd rather it be you or XLAV.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:19:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is outing our decision a good idea from last night?
It may help us figure out how many mafia are in play.
My work here is, finally, done.
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:19:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:16:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Bullish, so I assume a jailed player needs to be set free in order to use their role.

Yes.

Do they count towards the majority count?

No.

If they are mafia, do they need to be set free for town to win?

No.

A jailed person can talk and can be targeted, but does not contribute in any other way.
0x5f3759df
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:19:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:17:51 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:15:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I'm curious about if mafia were informed about who became Watchmen.
Probably, since they could only target them....
Above
Choose a name: Rev or Bossy
One of these two are claiming before this day is over
I'd rather it be you or XLAV.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:20:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:17:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
If all town received the Watchmen alert but we were forbidden from speaking about it, that must mean mafia were not informed about it.

Therefore, mafia must have targeted Ore with a Strongman.

Then there should have either been another death, or a dead mafia.
Unless mafia is a BP Strongman, or any other protective role or commuter-esque role wants to out.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:23:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:20:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:17:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
If all town received the Watchmen alert but we were forbidden from speaking about it, that must mean mafia were not informed about it.

Therefore, mafia must have targeted Ore with a Strongman.

Then there should have either been another death, or a dead mafia.
Unless mafia is a BP Strongman, or any other protective role or commuter-esque role wants to out.

You're role fishing and doing it quite strongly.

"If, however, a majority of the town volunteers to become watchmen, then only 1 watchman will die, and the mafia member performing the kill will be shot. The mafia is informed of all the players whom it may kill. Please submit watchman volunteering duty by PM. No discussion allowed."

I didn't agree to become a watchman and it's clear the majority of town didn't either. Therefore, the mafia preforming the kill survived.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:25:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/5/2015 4:23:54 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:20:21 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:17:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
If all town received the Watchmen alert but we were forbidden from speaking about it, that must mean mafia were not informed about it.

Therefore, mafia must have targeted Ore with a Strongman.

Then there should have either been another death, or a dead mafia.
Unless mafia is a BP Strongman, or any other protective role or commuter-esque role wants to out.

You're role fishing and doing it quite strongly.

"If, however, a majority of the town volunteers to become watchmen, then only 1 watchman will die, and the mafia member performing the kill will be shot. The mafia is informed of all the players whom it may kill. Please submit watchman volunteering duty by PM. No discussion allowed."

Is C/P'ing even allowed?
I didn't agree to become a watchman and it's clear the majority of town didn't either. Therefore, the mafia preforming the kill survived.

Why didn't you?