SURPRISE MAFIA: Day Phase Seven

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:48:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Bossy - You are the JUDGE. Nothing in debate ultimately matters if it doesn't please you. Every debater grovels at your feet, pleading for the win, and you can force them to fall in line. Thus, you are the THIRD-PARTY JOAT/CULT LEADER. You have the following 2-shot abilities:

- Recruiter; At night, you may select a player to indoctrinate into the cult--mafia cannot be recruited successfully. All cultists will join a group PM they may use during both DPs and NPs; your cultists will retain whatever abilities they had before being recruited.
- Commuter; At night, you may choose to become a commuter. You may not recruit on this night, but you cannot be targeted by any actions either.

You win with the Cult. The Cult can win in three different ways: (1) surviving to DP8 with no recruits, (2) surviving to DP7 with 1 recruit, or (3) surviving to DP6 with 2 recruits.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Khaos - You are a WARRANT. Each assertion needs a warrant, be it a source or a logical foundation. You are the 3-shot ALARMIST. At night you may select a player and prevent them from being recruited (e.g. by a mason, cult, etc.) that night. You win with the Town. Town wins when it has eliminated all other factions.

GRAVEYARD

Khaos - Powerful Rhetoric, Alarmist - Town
Zaradi - Enunciation, Innocent Child - Town
Yama - Dropped Arguments, JOAT - Mafia
Skep (Kiri) - ??? , ??? - ???
Raisor - Slapdash Presentation, Ninja - Mafia
XLAV - ??? , ??? - ???
Endark - Permutation, Tracker - Town
HPG - Impact Turn, Lobbyist - Town
Bossy - Judge, Cult Leader - Cult
Khaos - Warrant, Alarmist - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

TUF
Ford
Solon
Medic
Dalt
Blackvoid
Korashk (Rocket/FT/Daytona)
Danielle
7th (Val)
TN05 (Harder/Wylted)
Beginner

With 11 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP will end at 5:00, DDO time, on 3/7/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 4:56:27 PM
Ok, fail on my part (again) for defending Bossy, but holy crap. So this guy probably wasn't lying about targeting Zaradi on NP1, and he really did fail to recruit anybody the whole game. Otherwise, the cult would have won. So Beginner, I dont wanna hear any of it about me or anyone else being cult. Everyone alive is confirmed non-TP.

This is gonna be so much easier and less stresstful now that I don't have to worry about freaking recruited people.

Also, thanks mafia for the pro-town NK. There was really no reason in hell for us to buy universal backup, but whatever floats your boat.

So we can pretty much guarantee that Medic, Dalt, Solon, and (I guess) Beginner are town. Everyone else is fair game, although I personally don't buy 7th as scum either.

Danielle NEEDS to post.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 5:25:26 PM
Bahahaha I'm sorry bossy but that's just funny. Terrible luck on your recruiting choices, friend

anyways vtl Danielle for results and possibly death
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 5:28:46 PM
ON ACTIVITY...

I am giving each of the users I see as low activity or as inactive altogether 12 hours to improve their activity levels or be replaced. I have tried to be lenient since I didn't want to have to use old players as substitutes, but I recognize that there are activity problems that demand that I replace people.

As an aside, would a 72 hour DP be preferable? I am willing to entertain that option...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 5:36:46 PM
At 3/5/2015 5:28:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ON ACTIVITY...

I am giving each of the users I see as low activity or as inactive altogether 12 hours to improve their activity levels or be replaced. I have tried to be lenient since I didn't want to have to use old players as substitutes, but I recognize that there are activity problems that demand that I replace people.

As an aside, would a 72 hour DP be preferable? I am willing to entertain that option...

Personally, 60 sounds right at this point. Once we get down to single-digits, 48 is cool. Doing 60 this DP accounts for the 12 hour period for replacements.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 5:52:07 PM
At 3/5/2015 4:56:27 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Ok, fail on my part (again) for defending Bossy, but holy crap. So this guy probably wasn't lying about targeting Zaradi on NP1, and he really did fail to recruit anybody the whole game. Otherwise, the cult would have won. So Beginner, I dont wanna hear any of it about me or anyone else being cult. Everyone alive is confirmed non-TP.

Why do you say this?? Nothing in the role pm says that all cultists die on his death, so cult may have already won, with 2 cult members still alive.

This is gonna be so much easier and less stresstful now that I don't have to worry about freaking recruited people.

Also, thanks mafia for the pro-town NK. There was really no reason in hell for us to buy universal backup, but whatever floats your boat.

So we can pretty much guarantee that Medic, Dalt, Solon, and (I guess) Beginner are town. Everyone else is fair game, although I personally don't buy 7th as scum either.

Danielle NEEDS to post.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 5:54:05 PM
At 3/5/2015 5:36:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 3/5/2015 5:28:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:
ON ACTIVITY...

Personally, 60 sounds right at this point. Once we get down to single-digits, 48 is cool. Doing 60 this DP accounts for the 12 hour period for replacements.

Agreed, and maybe Khaos or someone can replace Danielle.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 6:18:57 PM
At 3/5/2015 5:52:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 3/5/2015 4:56:27 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Why do you say this?? Nothing in the role pm says that all cultists die on his death, so cult may have already won, with 2 cult members still alive.

Huh? If Cult already won, this would be the endgame thread. I highly doubt Bsh would continue the game just to sort out who gets 2nd place. So we know the cult is dead. If they had even one person alive, they'd have won by surviving to DP7. The only thing out there is 2, maybe 3 mafia.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 6:23:39 PM
Bsh, was the cult's wincon solo or joint? Meaning, if they already won would we know about it?

Personally I don't think they won, but even if they did there's no reason to stop playing for second. Shouldn't affect our gameplay really.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 6:25:36 PM
Btw, I totally called cult not dying with their leader and keeping their roles on conversion, as well as bossy not being only 2x commuter

Just sayin
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 7:47:41 PM
Looking on the bossy wagon, I'd furtively say that medic and/or seventh are probably mafia.. particularly seventh.
If there's still any doubt (for whatever reason), I'll just state that Solon is town. Solon is town. Just in case.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 7:53:23 PM
I won't lie.. I'm feeling incredibly smug right now..
BV is probably mafia. Medic.. I guess he's town.

BV-seventh-(maybe/probably)-Danielle
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:18:50 PM
People I'm relatively certain are TOWN:
Solon
Medic
Dalt

First, I want to note that Bossy explicitly contested TUF's BP claim last DP as a 2x commuting cult leader, which means that Bossy very likely commuted the night before his lynch.

Second, medic's contradictory push on FT for lying and then backing off on Bossy whose lie came out in even worse conditions really put him in a bad light for me. I do want to defer to others reads on him ultimately. 1x coroner vs. 3x Janitor isn't really too nonsensical as 3x coroner effectively negates 3x janitor. What's the point of janitor if the roles would be revealed anyway? That's probably all I have to say on medic. He's probably town.
That leaves everyone else.

I'd like to think Dalt is town. His attitude and his play has been fairly smooth. He hasn't made any nonsensical moves, and he hasn't had any moment in which he displays unusual foreknowledge of anything. So I am actually going to assign TOWN on Dalt.

Here's the list of remaining maf suspects:
7th (Val)
Blackvoid
Danielle
Ford
Korashk (FT)
TN05 (Harder/Wylted)
TUF

It's still the majority of town, but we can work on that.

If Danielle is really cop, I am fairly sure that Korashk is mafia, which would mean that I was horrendously wrong. Based on her discourse, it certainly seems that she investigated FT's slot to be guilty, if her hints can be trusted. We may have something going on here if she would just come in and say something.. (I'll probably favor korashk over

Ford has been a complete non-player, defaulting his activity to pro-cult content. I'd actually say that Ford is likely one of the maf members that is on Bossy's wagon.

Likely scum out of the list of potential scum based on Bossy interaction:
Seventh
Ford
Blackvoid
(maybe)TUF for noncommittal (re: Hold on, I'm reading, bossy's lynch makes no sense - *disappears without further input*)

I want to hear from Danielle's slot, whether or not she's replaced.
I'll probably continue pushing her lynch anyway, but we'll see.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:30:28 PM
Actually you know what..
Unvote
VTL Ford

The Danielle slot can always wait, but ford is here.
Role, character, and potentially death. Go.
Senpai has noticed you.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:30:30 PM
@Beginner, you may be right that it could be Danielle after all, but why specifically do you FOS 7th? He might be scum too, but I still don't get why he'd go out of his way to defend Medic (at the time, several people thought he was cult) given that the mafia needs any ML they can get. Also, Civility doesn't seem like a fake claim Raisor could come up with.

Also, for me to be mafia, you'll have to explain why I would NK Khaos, who's town-read me the whole game, over you, my biggest critic. The other FOS's on me have been slight, yours has been aggressive and never-ending. Call it WIFOM all you want, but that makes no sense. Also, I defended Bossy last DP, which apparently made you think I was cult with him and defending my scumbuddy. Since we now know that there were no other cult, its clear that I wasn't doing that. Lastly, since your scumteam doesn't include TN05, you'll have to explain why I'd derail the lynch from one townie (TN05) to another (HPG) with 3 hours left in the DP and not be content with the ML that was definitely going to happen on the TN. There's no scum motivation for that, but there's plenty town motivation - I legitimately thought HPG was more likely scum than TN.

Btw, Danielle's affiliation has nothing to do with FT's. Danielle said she copped Skep, you, and Bossy. She never mentioned FT, so idk where thats coming from. FT is likely town based on post 505 in DP2.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:44:01 PM
At 3/5/2015 8:30:30 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@Beginner, you may be right that it could be Danielle after all, but why specifically do you FOS 7th? He might be scum too, but I still don't get why he'd go out of his way to defend Medic (at the time, several people thought he was cult) given that the mafia needs any ML they can get. Also, Civility doesn't seem like a fake claim Raisor could come up with.
I've been looking at the civility claim too (thanks TUF). That he claimed it DP1 does give him some standing.

Also, for me to be mafia, you'll have to explain why I would NK Khaos, who's town-read me the whole game, over you, my biggest critic.
Good point, maybe you wanted a fight and killing me would be less of a satisfying accomplishment than convincing me that you're not scum? But point taken.
The other FOS's on me have been slight, yours has been aggressive and never-ending. Call it WIFOM all you want, but that makes no sense. Also, I defended Bossy last DP, which apparently made you think I was cult with him and defending my scumbuddy. Since we now know that there were no other cult, its clear that I wasn't doing that.
I'm fairly certain I made mention to the possibility of Bossy's defenders being mafia too. Either way, mafia probably do not know that Bossy is actually cult-leader. If bossy flips town, you could easily have claimed credit and put me, the one pushing aggressively for bossy's death, in a terrible spot (potentially pushing my mislynch).
Lastly, since your scumteam doesn't include TN05, you'll have to explain why I'd derail the lynch from one townie (TN05) to another (HPG) with 3 hours left in the DP and not be content with the ML that was definitely going to happen on the TN. There's no scum motivation for that, but there's plenty town motivation - I legitimately thought HPG was more likely scum than TN.
This is just nitpicking. TN is still on my potential scumlist. I concede that HPG was being incredibly scummy, so I really don't have much more to say here.

Btw, Danielle's affiliation has nothing to do with FT's. Danielle said she copped Skep, you, and Bossy. She never mentioned FT, so idk where thats coming from. FT is likely town based on post 505 in DP2.
She did mention repeatedly that she scumreads FT's slot days after FT's fiasco. Actually, if FT was indeed copped guilty, I think she would have outed that, so never mind.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:55:34 PM
Ford, please full claim with paraphrased justification

ON TUF:
Looking at Raisor's (and thus mafia's) knowledge of cult's win condition, I think it is fair to assume that Mafia had a rolecop and Bossy was the target at some point. Bossy's DP6 win and the failed kill NP5 probably means that, knowing that mafia had Bossy's win condition, mafia attempted to kill Bossy during that night. It may also explain why mafia, knowing bossy is cult leader and knowing bossy's 2x commute, did not motion to kill him until NP5. They were simply waiting for the last moment hoping town would waste a lynch on him. So my pushing bossy may have been what mafia wanted town to do all along. They probably didn't expect that bossy may have lied about some of his commutes and saved it for NP5.
In hindsight, given that mafia knew that bossy was CL, they probably would have attempted another kill on bossy NP6 and NP7 if the NP6 attempt fails (bossy commutes again).
So one more thought on this: Bossy may have lied about attempting to recruit Zaradi DP1. There's no reason he needed to out his actual recruit targets. Raisor was a special case obviously. I think there's a chance that there's one cultist among us. Reading Bossy's win condition, I think that this shouldn't be a problem. Cult's win seems to depend on Bossy's being alive. If there IS a cultist, I'd argue that it's either Danielle or Blackvoid.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:57:21 PM
Ok so I think TUF may have outed himself legitimately believing that he was shot. I kind of want to file TUF into my town list, and you know what, why not I just do so.
That leaves
BV, Seventh, Ford.

Danielle aside, I think Ford would be a great lynch to have for this DP.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:00:06 PM
At 3/5/2015 8:44:01 PM, Beginner wrote:
Actually killing me after my vehement reads against you may put people on alert on your alignment, so the point is null.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:07:49 PM
Since we have 11 players, I'd say we have anywhere between 2-4 mafia left in this game. I'm going to tentatively say 3.
Senpai has noticed you.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:13:03 PM
At 3/5/2015 8:30:28 PM, Beginner wrote:
Actually you know what..
Unvote
VTL Ford

The Danielle slot can always wait, but ford is here.
Role, character, and potentially death. Go.

Dude calm down. I already full claimed: judge adaptation, Popular. Not sure how you missed it.

Anyway, today's first and foremost priority is replacing Danielle, outing those results, and then either lynching the slot or moving on. Doing Anything else right now is the wrong move
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:19:06 PM
At 3/5/2015 8:55:34 PM, Beginner wrote:
Ford, please full claim with paraphrased justification

ON TUF:
Looking at Raisor's (and thus mafia's) knowledge of cult's win condition, I think it is fair to assume that Mafia had a rolecop and Bossy was the target at some point. Bossy's DP6 win and the failed kill NP5 probably means that, knowing that mafia had Bossy's win condition, mafia attempted to kill Bossy during that night. It may also explain why mafia, knowing bossy is cult leader and knowing bossy's 2x commute, did not motion to kill him until NP5. They were simply waiting for the last moment hoping town would waste a lynch on him. So my pushing bossy may have been what mafia wanted town to do all along. They probably didn't expect that bossy may have lied about some of his commutes and saved it for NP5.
In hindsight, given that mafia knew that bossy was CL, they probably would have attempted another kill on bossy NP6 and NP7 if the NP6 attempt fails (bossy commutes again).
So one more thought on this: Bossy may have lied about attempting to recruit Zaradi DP1. There's no reason he needed to out his actual recruit targets. Raisor was a special case obviously. I think there's a chance that there's one cultist among us. Reading Bossy's win condition, I think that this shouldn't be a problem. Cult's win seems to depend on Bossy's being alive. If there IS a cultist, I'd argue that it's either Danielle or Blackvoid.

Actually, you have a point here. Yama was a x1 rolecop. If the mafia used it on Bossy NP1, that would explain how Raisor knew about the Cult's win condition. So Raisor wasn't BSing after all. When he got mason'd, and then CC'd by HPG, he assumed HPG was cult with Bossy because it just seemed too coincidental for both those things to happen right next to each other.

Well, that makes me feel better about the HPG lynch knowing that Raisor wasn't actually BSing everything.

However, Beginner, you claim that the mafia would therefore try to kill Bossy, implying that they want the CL dead. But since we now know there was some truth to what Raisor said, we should look back to what he said about refusing to kill Cultists because us lynching them is the mafia's only chance of winning (free ML's for them). So this actually is more reason to town-read me and TUF, who defended Bossy, which is 10 million % against what mafia would want if they role copped Bossy as Cult Leader. We would have just hard-FOS'd him along with you to get towncred, while getting rid of the cult at the same time.

To review: if mafia role-copped Bossy NP1, everyone who defended him last DP is pretty much town.

And if the mafia DID know Bossy was CL this whole time...maybe Danielle is scum after all.

Wow, this just opened up a bunch of stuff. I gotta reread parts of DPs 2 and 3 now.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:21:32 PM
Actually wait. If Danielle was fake-claiming Cop, why wouldnt she just say she investigated him guilty instead of claiming RB?
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:28:39 PM
Yeah. If the mafia knew what Bossy was, they'd have known he was Commuter, so they wouldn't bother trying to kill him. They'd also want to keep him alive to have the town ML him. So the NK was definitely on TUF. This dude is town.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 9:38:19 PM
Hey, I finally did something right in this game :D

Also, I don't think analyzing the cult wagon will do any good. As Beginner pointed out, mafia would benefit from the cult leader being lynched. Town, from our thoughts at the time, certainly did, too. The people who didn't vote Bossy probably legitimately saw innocence (BV), or are the (possibly) only remaining cultist.

Beginner, Ford, and Dalt are still my strongest town reads. I also town read BV to a less-strong extent.
I think this would be a good time to resolve the Danielle-Korashk issue.
Since we have 12 hours to wait, I'll go ahead and VTL the active one for the time being.
VTL Korashk
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 10:21:21 PM
I've been threatened to be replaced or mod killed so I will try my hardest to be active today though I have over time for the rest of the week so it will be hard. nice hit on TP! Btw medic I didn't really defend bossy last DP. I made a comment about how the rush seemed my lynched and the reasoning didn't seem strong but I made the comment without having read much of the DP, so the comment was Ill placed.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227