Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

People in the same households playing mafia

Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:34:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:30:51 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Fourtrouble is my wife, and the game goes smoothly.

this explains everything
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:34:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:30:51 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Fourtrouble is my wife, and the game goes smoothly.
Mmnnn.. I'm not sure how accurate that is. lol.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:36:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

Basically, none of this is exclusive to IRL.
Some players constantly use DDO actions as clues towards affiliation.
There is nothing stopping two players from talking outside the game in a PM or IRL, the risk is not significantly raised.
I would have no problem playing with my wife (in fact, I tried to get her to play), nor have a problem with two players living together. It's been done before with at least two "couples", and I think a third.

My only issue would be replacement, as IRL contact is more likely to have boasting, but again, that is not exclusive to IRL.
It boils down to if you trust the player to respect the game.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:45:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:36:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

Basically, none of this is exclusive to IRL.
Some players constantly use DDO actions as clues towards affiliation.
This much is semi-true. I would disagree that IRL interactions are at all in the same league as outside activity on DDO, however. Being in the same household can imply almost as much as using the same computer. A spouse could hear their partner clacking away on DDO during a NP and become suspicious of them for this reason, esp. if they're uniquely active in that one mafia game - it is much easier for things like this to influence another person's behaviour.

Similarly, someone could walk in on the other and see them using the mafia PM, which effectively ruins the whole game as this occurrence will be indicated to the other players when you replace them out.

These might not necessarily be what happens, but you get the idea - that being that there is a more extensive risk.
There is nothing stopping two players from talking outside the game in a PM or IRL, the risk is not significantly raised.
I would have no problem playing with my wife (in fact, I tried to get her to play), nor have a problem with two players living together. It's been done before with at least two "couples", and I think a third.

My only issue would be replacement, as IRL contact is more likely to have boasting, but again, that is not exclusive to IRL.
It boils down to if you trust the player to respect the game.
I get this. I'd be much more hesitant to let, say, two 12 year old twins do this, than Tulle and Maikuru. Would you permit this amongst young first time players in a Beginner's series?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:56:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:45:06 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:36:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

Basically, none of this is exclusive to IRL.
Some players constantly use DDO actions as clues towards affiliation.
This much is semi-true. I would disagree that IRL interactions are at all in the same league as outside activity on DDO, however. Being in the same household can imply almost as much as using the same computer. A spouse could hear their partner clacking away on DDO during a NP and become suspicious of them for this reason, esp. if they're uniquely active in that one mafia game - it is much easier for things like this to influence another person's behaviour.
Because, the spouse would know I am clacking away on DDO?
I don't know your set-up, but my wife wouldn't know, nor I her, what we are doing online.

Similarly, someone could walk in on the other and see them using the mafia PM, which effectively ruins the whole game as this occurrence will be indicated to the other players when you replace them out.

These might not necessarily be what happens, but you get the idea - that being that there is a more extensive risk.
Risk? Maybe. But, that is the player's to decide, and to protect against.
If the players respect the game, they'll respect the game and appreciate their situation.
It is a matter of trust. For example, I would not trust XLAV to not try to trick up someone. Also, a player replacing out should do so if they have undue knowledge. Hatstand once replaced out of a game because her IRL friend talked about the game, even though he was dead (and scum).
It's a matter of personal responsibility, respect, and ethics.
There is nothing stopping two players from talking outside the game in a PM or IRL, the risk is not significantly raised.
I would have no problem playing with my wife (in fact, I tried to get her to play), nor have a problem with two players living together. It's been done before with at least two "couples", and I think a third.

My only issue would be replacement, as IRL contact is more likely to have boasting, but again, that is not exclusive to IRL.
It boils down to if you trust the player to respect the game.
I get this. I'd be much more hesitant to let, say, two 12 year old twins do this, than Tulle and Maikuru. Would you permit this amongst young first time players in a Beginner's series?

I don't know.
In the case of bhu, I would not allow them to, as he can't even read the rules (or doesn't care).
He contacted me in the last game, which is why I wanted him to claim DP2. (I was going after Harder) and he managed to get himself mod-killed anyway.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 3:57:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
However, I should also point out that it is a beginner's game, so there is not really much set-up, and if the game is ruined, out they go, and you reboot the game.
My work here is, finally, done.
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:02:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:57:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
However, I should also point out that it is a beginner's game, so there is not really much set-up, and if the game is ruined, out they go, and you reboot the game.
True. To be realistic in terms of that game, though, I am near certain they are not brothers and the second account is a multi, of which bhu has a history of creating.

Either way, I will agree that it is mostly dependent on who the two players playing together actually are, and how comfortable the moderator is with the concept (the mod pressing or suspecting players about their interactions IRL would not be good)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 4:03:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:36:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

It boils down to if you trust the player to respect the game.

I agree with this.
0x5f3759df
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 8:46:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Danielle and Vi played together and I'm pretty sure they lived together. Mongoose and Mongeese (brothers, it was confirmed and well established). I can't remember who, but two members were living together and playing in the live chat room mafia (they forgot to turn their mics off during the NP so we heard them talking about who it kill, it was hilarious when they got back on).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:00:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:56:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:45:06 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:36:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

Basically, none of this is exclusive to IRL.
Some players constantly use DDO actions as clues towards affiliation.
This much is semi-true. I would disagree that IRL interactions are at all in the same league as outside activity on DDO, however. Being in the same household can imply almost as much as using the same computer. A spouse could hear their partner clacking away on DDO during a NP and become suspicious of them for this reason, esp. if they're uniquely active in that one mafia game - it is much easier for things like this to influence another person's behaviour.
Because, the spouse would know I am clacking away on DDO?
I don't know your set-up, but my wife wouldn't know, nor I her, what we are doing online.

Similarly, someone could walk in on the other and see them using the mafia PM, which effectively ruins the whole game as this occurrence will be indicated to the other players when you replace them out.

These might not necessarily be what happens, but you get the idea - that being that there is a more extensive risk.
Risk? Maybe. But, that is the player's to decide, and to protect against.
If the players respect the game, they'll respect the game and appreciate their situation.
It is a matter of trust. For example, I would not trust XLAV to not try to trick up someone. Also, a player replacing out should do so if they have undue knowledge. Hatstand once replaced out of a game because her IRL friend talked about the game, even though he was dead (and scum).
It's a matter of personal responsibility, respect, and ethics.
There is nothing stopping two players from talking outside the game in a PM or IRL, the risk is not significantly raised.
I would have no problem playing with my wife (in fact, I tried to get her to play), nor have a problem with two players living together. It's been done before with at least two "couples", and I think a third.

My only issue would be replacement, as IRL contact is more likely to have boasting, but again, that is not exclusive to IRL.
It boils down to if you trust the player to respect the game.
I get this. I'd be much more hesitant to let, say, two 12 year old twins do this, than Tulle and Maikuru. Would you permit this amongst young first time players in a Beginner's series?

I don't know.
In the case of bhu, I would not allow them to, as he can't even read the rules (or doesn't care).
He contacted me in the last game, which is why I wanted him to claim DP2. (I was going after Harder) and he managed to get himself mod-killed anyway.

I kinda sorta didn't really read the rules I browsed through them.
No Fair! keep my brother out of this!
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:04:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 8:46:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Danielle and Vi played together and I'm pretty sure they lived together. Mongoose and Mongeese (brothers, it was confirmed and well established). I can't remember who, but two members were living together and playing in the live chat room mafia (they forgot to turn their mics off during the NP so we heard them talking about who it kill, it was hilarious when they got back on).

That must have been hard to listen to... if they were talking about killing you?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:05:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

If enough people in the signup thread say they are not comfortable playing with a certain person; it is up to the mod to ensure a fun and enjoyable game.

It is the duty of persons playing to express their disinterest/problem with someone/something in a private message to the mod.

The problem you talk about here I actually don't really mind if two people are in the same household.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:07:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:05:31 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

If enough people in the signup thread say they are not comfortable playing with a certain person; it is up to the mod to ensure a fun and enjoyable game.

It is the duty of persons playing to express their disinterest/problem with someone/something in a private message to the mod.

The problem you talk about here I actually don't really mind if two people are in the same household.

The problem here is the fact that they are very likely the same person.
Therefore, the game is broken should they be placed on different teams.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:08:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:05:31 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

If enough people in the signup thread say they are not comfortable playing with a certain person; it is up to the mod to ensure a fun and enjoyable game.
True.
Doing this in the public thread rather than a PM creates more transparency and awareness about a game before it begins.

It is the duty of persons playing to express their disinterest/problem with someone/something in a private message to the mod.
Pfff, you and Yama do the opposite in most games you are in, lol.

The problem you talk about here I actually don't really mind if two people are in the same household.
Depends on the people.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:08:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:07:11 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:05:31 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

If enough people in the signup thread say they are not comfortable playing with a certain person; it is up to the mod to ensure a fun and enjoyable game.

It is the duty of persons playing to express their disinterest/problem with someone/something in a private message to the mod.

The problem you talk about here I actually don't really mind if two people are in the same household.

The problem here is the fact that they are very likely the same person.
Therefore, the game is broken should they be placed on different teams.

my response would be the same talk to your mod que no bueno.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:16:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much

Two thing's
1: why do you care
2: He wount listen to me anyways
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:20:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:08:09 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:05:31 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Sorry if they'd preferred I hadn't created this thread, but I wanted to expand my opinion, and I didn't want to crowd the sign ups thread.

Should people who have exposure to each other IRL or live in the same household be permitted to join the same mafia games? There are many possibilities of this instance occurring on DDO, most notably between the lovebirds Tulle and Maikuru. I haven't seen them play in the same game, though, at least since they've been together.

Consider the following:
- The likelihood of collaboration or discussion outside the game is far greater if they share constant exposure with a second player
- The possibility for subconscious or unintentional analysis of a person's behaviour IRL would become a factor in your game
- If both players are mafia or share a PM, it becomes redundant
- On the flip side, if you maintain a strict policy of non-interaction between them with possible punishment, they may be more fearful to FoS one another or indulge in intelligent analysis (because they think you will suspect them)

So, mods of DDO, would you allow people who live in the same household to play as two entities in one of your mafia games? What if they share the same computer? What if these two players are new, and/or young of age? What if they're both mafia veterans?

And players, if someone who lived with you showed an interest in playing an online mafia game you were in, would you agree to participate? Would you agree to participate if two other players in the game lived in the same household?

If enough people in the signup thread say they are not comfortable playing with a certain person; it is up to the mod to ensure a fun and enjoyable game.
True.
Doing this in the public thread rather than a PM creates more transparency and awareness about a game before it begins.

It is the duty of persons playing to express their disinterest/problem with someone/something in a private message to the mod.
Pfff, you and Yama do the opposite in most games you are in, lol.

The problem you talk about here I actually don't really mind if two people are in the same household.
Depends on the people.

no it doesn't. iirc you say they're the same people and that is the actual complaint if two different people are in a game and live in the same place I'd be cool with that.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:23:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mongeese and Mongoose used to mess up games all the time like this. Wasn't really a big deal and rarely, if ever, caused a game-ending event.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:32:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:16:50 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much

Two thing's
1: why do you care
Because I don't think you guys playing together should be something that happens in commonplace
2: He wount listen to me anyways
ok
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:33:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:32:10 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:16:50 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much

Two thing's
1: why do you care
Because I don't think you guys playing together should be something that happens in commonplace
2: He wount listen to me anyways
ok

you seem to be acting like harder... that's whats he would say
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:35:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:33:32 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:32:10 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:16:50 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much

Two thing's
1: why do you care
Because I don't think you guys playing together should be something that happens in commonplace
2: He wount listen to me anyways
ok

you seem to be acting like harder... that's whats he would say
it's all a conspiracy.. harder and I are both gay teens.. we both play mafia.. we both complain about 2001bhu.. we both talk to YYW and bsh1.. it's a wonder no one has figured it out yet.. the evil thing is, though, that no one but you will suspect anything!!
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:38:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/6/2015 9:35:24 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:33:32 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:32:10 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:16:50 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:08:31 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 3/6/2015 9:06:13 PM, 2001bhu wrote:
At 3/6/2015 3:28:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I decided to start this thread because of a phenomena happening in the signup thread for bsh's beginner series - which I'm sort of stuck on.

Is this about 3168175 and I?
pretty much

Two thing's
1: why do you care
Because I don't think you guys playing together should be something that happens in commonplace
2: He wount listen to me anyways
ok

you seem to be acting like harder... that's whats he would say
it's all a conspiracy.. harder and I are both gay teens.. we both play mafia.. we both complain about 2001bhu.. we both talk to YYW and bsh1.. it's a wonder no one has figured it out yet.. the evil thing is, though, that no one but you will suspect anything!!

Oh please.
I'm clearly the lead personality.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 2:43:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think they should continue playing in the beginner series. If they show disregard for the rules, don't allow them to play, if they follow the rules then I think it's okay. The issue is mostly their age/maturity, which I'm not sure is enough to ensure that they don't accidentally or intentionally cheat. All in all, I'd keep them in different actual games. I don't think it matters too much in beginner series though.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 2:48:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 1:17:09 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
This thread all of a sudden becomes relevant to me...

LOL
My work here is, finally, done.