Jump to topic:

Looting the Body in Dungeons and Dragons

Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:41:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I wasn't sure where else to get my question answered.

Anyway, I'm playing a simplified version of Dungeons and Dragons, and I've realized that my DM just doesn't care how much loot I carry at any given time. No encumbrance.

So, after looting a body of its weapons, armor, gold, clothes, and genetalia, what else is there to loot from a naked body?

Just wondering. I want to get the most out of looting. Plus, my alignment is Chaotic Evil, so there isn't anything that goes against my character's motivations.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:43:36 AM
By the way, I have yet to find any merchants to buy my Bandit Genetalia
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:11:28 AM
At 3/8/2015 10:48:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Steal their dignity.

I already sortof did that. I'm a necromancer, so I revived one of them and prostituted him for money in the nearby city.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 2:51:53 PM
At 3/8/2015 10:41:24 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
No encumbrance.
That's really up to the DM. But actually lots of RPG games like runescape allow you to carry more than realistically possible, so I don't see this as too much of an issue.

So, after looting a body of its weapons, armor, gold, clothes, and genetalia,
You what..
what else is there to loot from a naked body?
Bones, brain, eyeballs, organs (I've heard that harvested organs are fairly expensive if sold in the right markets), etc.
..I think I just made myself sick. :(
Senpai has noticed you.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 3:25:36 PM
Loot the skin to use as binding for books of dark magic. Create your own Oghma Infinium.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 4:52:04 PM
At 3/8/2015 3:25:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Loot the skin to use as binding for books of dark magic. Create your own Oghma Infinium.

Oh man Elder Scrolls, much fun, good times, kill dragons, pimpin.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 5:13:13 PM
If you're gonna take skin, make sure the good skin. Last thing you want is your personal evil journal being bound between the skin of a hobo's left butt cheek and scrotum. Scalps are best. And if you can get the entire hand so that it looks like hands are holding the book.

Save the butt skin for trap books that are cursed so if someone opens it, a spell is cast on them.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 5:37:11 PM
At 3/8/2015 5:13:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
If you're gonna take skin, make sure the good skin. Last thing you want is your personal evil journal being bound between the skin of a hobo's left butt cheek and scrotum. Scalps are best. And if you can get the entire hand so that it looks like hands are holding the book.

Save the butt skin for trap books that are cursed so if someone opens it, a spell is cast on them.

After grueling decades of devoting my life to studying the dark secrets of arcane magic, I have gained the ability to curse this book so that anyone who opens it shall smell like a dead mans buttcrack... Hey, wait a second...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:01:07 PM

I'm literally at the point of near rage with Skyrim right now because it feels like no matter where I go there's a fvcking dragon camping my a** and it chases me to the ends d the fvcking earth. I literally came out of a general store in fvcking river wood to hear a dragon roaring right on top of me. Killed it and fast traveled to windhelm and the second I left the gates there was one circling my head. Like, I know dragons are the entire point of the game, but THE LOOT IS FVCKING HEAVY T_T
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 6:17:50 PM
At 3/8/2015 2:51:53 PM, Beginner wrote:
At 3/8/2015 10:41:24 AM, Lordgrae wrote:
No encumbrance.
That's really up to the DM. But actually lots of RPG games like runescape allow you to carry more than realistically possible, so I don't see this as too much of an issue.

Runescape does factor loot in two ways. The first is weight, which effects how quickly your running stamina lasts. It doesn't effect you in battle, but it can be annoying. They also have a slot limit. While this doesn't limit weight, because of item stacking, it does limit the amount of unique items you can hold.

So, after looting a body of its weapons, armor, gold, clothes, and genetalia,
You what..

As a trophy.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:07:06 PM

This guy knows his skin books.
- lamerde

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:10:02 PM
At 3/8/2015 6:01:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

I'm literally at the point of near rage with Skyrim right now because it feels like no matter where I go there's a fvcking dragon camping my a** and it chases me to the ends d the fvcking earth. I literally came out of a general store in fvcking river wood to hear a dragon roaring right on top of me. Killed it and fast traveled to windhelm and the second I left the gates there was one circling my head. Like, I know dragons are the entire point of the game, but THE LOOT IS FVCKING HEAVY T_T

LOL that's the game telling you to stop hoarding.

I remember I was stuck like that for a while. I saved going into Riverwood just as a dragon was landing. My previous save was like an hour earlier so I had to stay, but this fvcking dragon kept killing everyone within seconds and I didn't want them to die lol. By the time I beat it without losing anybody, it would have been faster to just do the earlier save.
- lamerde

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:55:40 PM
At 3/8/2015 9:07:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:

This guy knows his skin books.

Actually, I don't play D&D at all. I just have issues.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 11:44:03 PM
At 3/8/2015 9:10:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/8/2015 6:01:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

LOL that's the game telling you to stop hoarding.

But cheese wheels heal for so much and they're so easy to steal! Same with potions LOL. It's not even like I hoard weapons and stuff since I'm speccing in archery and all the arrows are weightless.

I remember I was stuck like that for a while. I saved going into Riverwood just as a dragon was landing. My previous save was like an hour earlier so I had to stay, but this fvcking dragon kept killing everyone within seconds and I didn't want them to die lol. By the time I beat it without losing anybody, it would have been faster to just do the earlier save.

Oh the dragons aren't really a problem for me since they just fly around a few things and I just keep walking away from them and fill them with arrows so they're actually pretty easy to kill. But the bones and scales though! So much free money for killing them but they're so fvcking heavy! T_T
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...