Grand Theft Auto is the best game series ever

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 8:35:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/8/2015 8:33:18 PM, Liberals wrote:
I belive it is, but I'm interested too see more opinions.

Best series would probably go to Mass Effect IMO, but those are two different genres of games. Any story-based game I tend to love.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 1:01:40 PM
It depends on the genre really. Grand Theft Auto is the best when it comes to criminal/robber games I suppose. But when it comes to the stealth genre, MGS would take it, or when it comes to RPGs either Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect would take it IMO. It really is genre dependent, because of how some people only like certain genres so amazing games can still be hated.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 3:58:24 PM
Grant Theft Auto is a very good series, but I'd personally put Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Metal Gear Solid above it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 4:22:03 PM
*sigh* That was the least insane video I could think of.
The Touhou fandom is mostly fueled by very hard drugs.

'Course the best horror game I've played is SCP Containment Breach.
I've always wanted to see Khaos play it.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 9:57:58 AM
At 3/9/2015 1:01:40 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
It depends on the genre really. Grand Theft Auto is the best when it comes to criminal/robber games I suppose. But when it comes to the stealth genre, MGS would take it, or when it comes to RPGs either Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect would take it IMO. It really is genre dependent, because of how some people only like certain genres so amazing games can still be hated.

FF hasn't been making too good games lately. Now I think about it, I can't think about a really good JRPG series.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:23:21 PM
At 3/10/2015 9:57:58 AM, Geographia wrote:

FF hasn't been making too good games lately. Now I think about it, I can't think about a really good JRPG series.

They don't need to make more, the oldies are classics that you can play over and over and over... forever. I've played through Tactics and 7 so many times. But Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana fall in that group as well.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:27:37 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:23:21 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They don't need to make more, the oldies are classics that you can play over and over and over... forever. I've played through Tactics and 7 so many times. But Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana fall in that group as well.

Yeah, but one could argue that Nintendo could easily top Ocarina of Time, better graphics, better sound etc, but can't because OoT had an impact. The new games are better, but there is less splash.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:47:23 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:27:37 PM, Geographia wrote:

Yeah, but one could argue that Nintendo could easily top Ocarina of Time, better graphics, better sound etc, but can't because OoT had an impact. The new games are better, but there is less splash.

Better graphics =/= better game.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:50:05 PM

Fvck secret of mana!!!
I can't pass the, like third level. I have no instructions, so I have no idea how to use magic or anything, and the fire lord or whatever cannot be beaten.
My work here is, finally, done.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:55:04 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:47:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 3/10/2015 7:27:37 PM, Geographia wrote:

Better graphics =/= better game.

You missed the point.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:56:57 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:50:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Fvck secret of mana!!!
I can't pass the, like third level. I have no instructions, so I have no idea how to use magic or anything, and the fire lord or whatever cannot be beaten.

Git gud.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:58:30 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:56:57 PM, Geographia wrote:

Fvck secret of mana!!!

Git gud.

If I remember right, I'm trapped. I cannot level up or anything. I am sure I was missing something, since this was the first boss with magic, but I can't fight back when he takes half my life.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:06:03 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:58:30 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/10/2015 7:56:57 PM, Geographia wrote:

Fvck secret of mana!!!

Git gud.

If I remember right, I'm trapped. I cannot level up or anything. I am sure I was missing something, since this was the first boss with magic, but I can't fight back when he takes half my life.

http://www.gamefaqs.com...

Haven't play the game, but have you tried going through the menu?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:10:02 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:06:03 PM, Geographia wrote:

I'll be looking into after I beat some NES games I own. (Mega Man 6 is up next)
There is no "menu" as I recall, it is pictures and the game is quite unique.

Imagine Legend of Zelda, but an experience level up system, and instead of just Link, there are three heroes, which can actually all be played by real players. So, you control one (you can switch), and the other two are running around doing their thing.
I'd check it out if I were you.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:15:03 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:10:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Imagine Legend of Zelda, but an experience level up system, and instead of just Link, there are three heroes, which can actually all be played by real players. So, you control one (you can switch), and the other two are running around doing their thing.

Sounds nice. Unrelated, but Phantasy Star 4 is good.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:27:28 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:15:03 PM, Geographia wrote:

Sounds nice. Unrelated, but Phantasy Star 4 is good.

I've heard the Phantasy Star games were good, but I've never played them.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 1:01:47 PM

It seems like the newest installment FF XV is gonna be pretty good, using some version of the Kingdom Hearts battle system. But I agree, there haven't been as many good FF's since X.
Shadowguynick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 1:06:06 PM

Imagine Legend of Zelda, but an experience level up system,

Oh so the most bullsh*t Zelda game ever, Zelda 2?

F*ck original shadow link :C
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 2:38:06 PM
Cory in the House for DS is OBVIOUSLY the best game.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 2:45:00 PM
At 3/11/2015 2:38:06 PM, Valkrin wrote:

I see someone has never played Shaq-fu.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:07:50 PM
At 3/11/2015 2:45:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

A sequel is being made for that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:17:29 PM

In my opinion, it is a decent game. It is terribly unrealistic though.

Ex) I drove a car in front of a freight train. Instead of the car being destroyed, it suffered minor damage.

Ex) You can not damage trains with weapons nor can you steal it.

Ex) Car damage models are horrendous. A head on collision with a semi truck produces minor damage" scratches, ruined head lamp, possibly slight tire damage.

Ex) The tank's damage model is unrealistic. Instead of various parts being damaged accordingly, the tank just starts smoking; then, it catches fire.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:28:34 PM

Elder Scrolls,especially Skyrim, is better.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:36:29 PM
At 3/11/2015 8:28:34 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

You shut your whore mouth!
The Witcher and Dragon Age are far superior.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:46:08 PM
At 3/11/2015 8:36:29 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/11/2015 8:28:34 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

You shut your whore mouth!
The Witcher and Dragon Age are far superior.

More like the b!tcher and doody age! Checkmate!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 8:49:13 PM
At 3/11/2015 8:07:50 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/11/2015 2:45:00 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

A sequel is being made for that.

My god!!!!