Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:35:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Game Theory Mafia - DP3

Jailed last DP:

Korashk - You are the 1x journalist; each night, you may target a player, and you will receive a copy of whatever messages that player received.

Town.

Died in the NP:

Ore_Ele - Welcome players. You are the mafia, a force of fear, power, and ruthlessness. But more importantly, you share the bond of trust, brotherhood, and unity.

- You hold one letter of temptation; each night you may send your letter to a townie. Sending it out will divide the town further, and help secure your win. Sending letters is not a visit; if the deal is rejected you may send the letter another night. Once your letter has been accepted, you will no longer flip with it; instead, the acceptor will flip with it.
- You are a role cop; role-copping is a visit.

"[Letter sent and accepted.]"

You win when you have eliminated all the non-mafia or if there is nothing that can stop this from occurring.

medic0506 - You are the 2x follower; each night you may select another player. You will learn what action(s) he took, but not on whom; results are primitive (for example, cop and watcher will be "investigative," not "cop" or "watcher").

Town.

Last night's game:
(None)

Living players:
1. headphonegut
2. Skepsima (rep daytonanerd)
3. RevNge
4. YamaVonKarma
5. EndarkenedRationalist (rep That1User)
6. Khaos_Mage
7. ford_prefect
8. XLAV
9. Zaradi (rep numberwang)
10. SeventhProfessor
11. bossyburrito

Jailed:
1. Korashk

(Note: since Korash is town, I will automatically free him at the end of the DP, unless enough people object.)

Dead:
1. Ore_Ele[1] - doctor with limitations.
2. Ore_Ele[2] (rep lannan13) - (Mafia) - Letter sender, role-cop.
3. Medic - 2x follower.

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

This DP lasts 48 hours. DP2 ends 03/13 20:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:42:29 PM
I called it. I fvcking called it.
VTJ Zaradi
Now let's get this show on the road and get his buddy to claim.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:48:04 PM
I am surprised XLAV didn't shoot me o.O

Rev, there is no TP this game. I am 99% sure it was stated somewhere.

Yama, there is no jailing this DP.

7th and ER are my biggest concerns, and they should both claim.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:51:28 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:48:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Who ever the Vig is has damn good common sense.
Unvote VTL Zaradi
Fix'd
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:05:19 PM
Well, it looks like Medic was role copped NP1, right?
Why else NK medic?

I see someone has betrayed town as well, since the letter was accepted.
Should we concern ourselves with that? Did HPG accept this letter, he said he received one? And he would be a likely target for protection from mafia.

Hmmm, I am thinking the betrayal may be a diversion, though. I do not like the idea that a townie who betrays town can win with the team he betrayed. It sticks in my craw.
There is a lot of anti-mafia stuff going down (mod-confirm player DP2, supposed mafia NK NP1), so I'm thinking mafia might be bigger. Perhaps four, maybe five.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:15:02 PM
Sorry for being inactive, I have an open work schedule and the last couple of days of DP2 I was been sleeping and working.

At 3/7/2015 2:55:26 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
You see, in the course of one DP town has managed to completely p*ss off it's Cop.
Therefore, I have no problem not helping you in the least with my role.
You have to convince me it's worth my time to.

Shocker, treating people bad doesn't make them want to help you.

Get over it.

It's a game. A game that's central theme is deception, we can't just trust each other. If you can't handle that then stop signing up to play.

This applies to XLAV too. GET OVER IT!

-----

Though XLAV is bad at conveying it, I agree with his central premise that anti-town behavior is perpetrated by town more often than scum.

-----

Bossy's insistence on lynching all anti-town players is ill advised. Sometimes it's warranted, but not always.

At 3/7/2015 8:24:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
After reading back through the game, my biggest concern is with Korashk. Last DP he said that we need to lynch someone, but that scum hunting DP1 was pointless. The goal was to get results based on how the lynched flipped and how people bandwagoned and justified those bandwagons. He said that real scum hunting shouldn't begin until DP2.

Mis-interpretation of what I actually said.

Now it is DP2 and he was on for maybe 30 minutes (just a few posts). I know he stated something about a dragon ball game or something, but still.

This was just unfortunate timing and I apologize to all players for it. I have an open work schedule meaning I can work almost any time on any day. The last two days of DP2 I was either working or sleeping which is why I wasn't active. Also I work mostly nights when games are most active.

-----

Lastly, I kinda get the vote to jail me, even though my role was semi-strong and I probably won't be able to use it. I'd have preferred not to be jailed, but them's the breaks. It was my fault for not being active.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:15:56 PM
I also received a shot for my role last night and was able to use it that night, so if that was ford then thanks.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:20:18 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:06:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Who received letters last night?
There were two NP1.

I did and I accepted it.
Creating a hidden double voter seems fair for effectively becoming bulletproof (from mafia) until we lynch the scum that sent me this and took my vote.

"The mafia wishes to make its job easier. The mafia is offering you a deal. They have mailed you a letter extorting your vote for protection. If you accept the deal, the mafia takes your voting ability (both of you cast your votes and shows in the vote count as normal, except yours will really count for 0 and his will really count for 2), and you cannot be killed by the mafia until the member who sent you the letter dies. If you reject the deal, you remain susceptible to the actions of the mafia."

I've already checked with Bullish and my protection is still valid. Meaning that someone else also accepted a letter.
TUF, and YYW
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:23:49 PM
At 3/10/2015 7:42:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/10/2015 7:42:29 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/10/2015 8:14:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Do we have soft confirmation he's got Vig powers? Or did he claim last phase and I missed it?

It was stated.

Was this the letter? Did you get another letter?

Please free me ASAP so I can vote.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:30:37 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:15:56 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I also received a shot for my role last night and was able to use it that night, so if that was ford then thanks.

Good, Mr. zero-shot. Surely you have a good role.
What did you do?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:31:32 PM

you're welcome bro I hope you're town, otherwise I will look real stupid in the endgame
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:32:09 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:20:18 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
There were two NP1.

I did and I accepted it.
Creating a hidden double voter seems fair for effectively becoming bulletproof (from mafia) until we lynch the scum that sent me this and took my vote.

"The mafia wishes to make its job easier. The mafia is offering you a deal. They have mailed you a letter extorting your vote for protection. If you accept the deal, the mafia takes your voting ability (both of you cast your votes and shows in the vote count as normal, except yours will really count for 0 and his will really count for 2), and you cannot be killed by the mafia until the member who sent you the letter dies. If you reject the deal, you remain susceptible to the actions of the mafia."

I've already checked with Bullish and my protection is still valid. Meaning that someone else also accepted a letter.

I think this means you have no vote. LOL
But, maybe we can use it to catch scum.
Everybody vote for themselves!! VTL Khaos
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:33:39 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:32:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
There were two NP1.

I did and I accepted it.

"both of you cast your votes and shows in the vote count as normal, except yours will really count for 0 and his will really count for 2"
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:33:41 PM
There were two NP1.

I did and I accepted it.
Why am I not surprised?
Sure
The funny thing about this is, scum probably won't use your vote much worse than you would have, so it's not actually too bad for town
Interesting...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:34:11 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:23:49 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 3/10/2015 7:42:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/10/2015 7:42:29 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/10/2015 8:14:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Do we have soft confirmation he's got Vig powers? Or did he claim last phase and I missed it?

He's being a d!ck to me, so when I saw a dead mafia, I assumed he was vig, and probably made a last minute decision to not NK me.

It was stated.

Was this the letter? Did you get another letter?
I did not get any letter last night.

Please free me ASAP so I can vote.

I vote to free Korashk.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:36:36 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:33:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/10/2015 8:32:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
There were two NP1.

I did and I accepted it.

"both of you cast your votes and shows in the vote count as normal, except yours will really count for 0 and his will really count for 2"

I still want a vote from everyone.
We might be able to catch someone, if only I could think clearly.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:38:17 PM
Oh yeah can we free Korashk mid DP so he can vote? If so,

Vote to liberate Korashk

Deep apologies my brother for your wrongful imprisonment. Coincidentally, this perfectly illustrates why I'm opposed to the death penalty.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:43:08 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:30:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What did you do?

Submitted the night action. What did you think I did? Jumping jacks?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:44:41 PM
We could have Yama hammer himself to prove he accepted this deal.
Would that do anything for us? Why would he lie about accepting it?

He clearly betrayed town. Does it matter?
*sigh* I don't know anymore...
My brain is fried. I'm going to bed.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:44:43 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:39:53 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
@Bullish
Would freeing Kora end the DP?

This has been discussed earlier since you apparently don't read. No it doesn't end the DP.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:45:47 PM
Oh fvck Khaos is actually onto something for once.

VTL Zaradi

Anyone who doesn't vote for themselves immediately in their next posts should be forced to full claim if not lynched.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:45:51 PM
Zaradi, would town benefit greatly from another shot of your role? or should I find someone else to supply?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:46:30 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:39:53 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
@Bullish
Would freeing Kora end the DP?

This is actually a good question. The wording last phase said that we could free me, but we never got confirmation.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 8:46:37 PM
At 3/10/2015 8:43:08 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 3/10/2015 8:30:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What did you do?

Submitted the night action. What did you think I did? Jumping jacks?

With a role like 0x, I'd assume you have an informative role. Thus, I'd assume you'd have some results, or at least an action (I could see vig) worth releasing.