Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:07:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Game Theory Mafia - DP4

Lynched last DP:

SeventhProfessor - Welcome players. You are the mafia, a force of fear, power, and ruthlessness. But more importantly, you share the bond of trust, brotherhood, and unity.

- You hold one letter of temptation; each night you may send your letter to a townie. Sending it out will divide the town further, and help secure your win. Sending letters is not a visit; if the deal is rejected you may send the letter another night. Once your letter has been accepted, you will no longer flip with it; instead, the acceptor will flip with it.
- You are a role cop; role-copping is a visit.

"[Letter sent and accepted.]"

Mafia

Died in the NP:

bossyburrito - You are the 1x watcher.

Town.

YamaVonKarma - You are the odd-night cop.

Accepted letter: "The mafia wishes to make its job easier. The mafia is offering you a deal. They have mailed you a letter extorting your vote for protection. If you accept the deal, the mafia takes your voting ability (both of you cast your votes and shows in the vote count as normal, except yours will really count for 0 and his will really count for 2), and you cannot be killed by the mafia until the member who sent you the letter dies. If you reject the deal, you remain susceptible to the actions of the mafia."

Town.

Last night's game:
NP3 (public): "Safe House" - http://www.debate.org...

Living players:
1. headphonegut
2. Skepsima (rep daytonanerd)
3. RevNge
4. EndarkenedRationalist (rep That1User)
5. Khaos_Mage
6. ford_prefect
7. XLAV
8. Zaradi (rep numberwang)
9. Korashk

Dead:
1. Ore_Ele[1] - doctor with limitations.
2. Ore_Ele[2] (rep lannan13) - (Mafia) - Letter sender, role-cop.
3. Medic - 2x follower.
4. SeventhProfessor - (Mafia) - Letter sender, role-cop.
5. bossyburrito - 1x watcher.
6. YamaVonKarma - odd-night cop.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

This DP lasts 48 hours. DP4 ends 03/14 14:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:22:00 PM
Just making sure, Role Cop results are given at the same time as the result of the NK in the Mafia PM, right? If not (by a small chance), then Mafia OP.

This is getting absurd. Mafia had at least two Role Cops and they probably uncovered six or nine of us, and they could get two NK's every day with how many people are picking Perfect Rational. I'm tempted to mass claim, since at this rate, Mafia could identify all of Town's roles before we know.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:22:35 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:17:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
WHAT THE FVCKING HELL.

Fvck you people who picked perfect rational.

Seriously?
You need to pay fvcking attention.
I'm assuming perfect rational was to not go to the safe house, and why would I have gone?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:23:39 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:22:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
Just making sure, Role Cop results are given at the same time as the result of the NK in the Mafia PM, right? If not (by a small chance), then Mafia OP.

This is getting absurd. Mafia had at least two Role Cops and they probably uncovered six or nine of us, and they could get two NK's every day with how many people are picking Perfect Rational. I'm tempted to mass claim, since at this rate, Mafia could identify all of Town's roles before we know.

How does this work?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:27:52 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:22:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
WHAT THE FVCKING HELL.

Seriously?
I'm assuming perfect rational was to not go to the safe house, and why would I have gone?

DON'T FVCK ME M8 I'LL xX360N0$C0P3Xx YOU HERE RIGHT NOW

http://en.wikipedia.org...

http://en.wikipedia.org...

GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK M8

(perfect rationality is individualistic, so it'd be your own personal gain, meaning that you'd go to the safe house. Superrationality is for the greater good of the group, so it would mean not to go to the safe house.)
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:29:05 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:23:39 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

How does this work?

KHAOS I FVCKING SWEAR TO GOD M8

At 3/11/2015 2:31:06 PM, Bullish wrote:
NP3 (public): "Safe House" - The mafia despite its losses is gaining its grip on the innocents. After all these killings, a few townies have decided to set up a safe house; however, the location of the safe house can only be kept secret by a minority of townies. Town players may choose to go to the safe house or hide out. If a minority of town players arrive at the safe house, then they will all be protected from the NK, while the mafia will be able to kill [20%] (which is 2) townies from out of the safe house. If half or more of town players arrive at the safe house, then the mafia will learn of its location and the be able to kill 1 from the safe house in addition to the ones out.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:29:27 PM
Rev, stop b!tching. We are in a good position. And, mafia is hardly overpowered, since two of them are dead, which is likely half.
You, Korashk, and ford should all be town.
HPG is likely, but maybe not.
I'm town, but hardly to be trusted, except soft claimed DP1.

I'll claim that I am the nonrepeating bodyguard. I cannot protect a player more than once. I can protect a player twice, but then I become vanilla.
I would have protected Yama these last two night, but I protected Korashk last night, since I thought Yama was protected.

My strongest scum read is ER right now.
I find it wholly hypocritical for him to scum read me for not trusting XLAV fully, while he scum reads Zaradi for reasons that are similar.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:31:27 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:29:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

How does this work?

NP3 (public): "Safe House" - The mafia despite its losses is gaining its grip on the innocents. After all these killings, a few townies have decided to set up a safe house; however, the location of the safe house can only be kept secret by a minority of townies. Town players may choose to go to the safe house or hide out. If a minority of town players arrive at the safe house, then they will all be protected from the NK, while the mafia will be able to kill [20%] (which is 2) townies from out of the safe house. If half or more of town players arrive at the safe house, then the mafia will learn of its location and the be able to kill 1 from the safe house in addition to the ones out.

You are aware that mafia was able to kill two players outside of the safe house REGARDLESS, right?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:32:11 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:31:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, why did you not shoot someone last night?

Or did you shoot Bossy?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:35:16 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:29:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Rev, stop b!tching.

HELL NO M8
We are in a good position. And, mafia is hardly overpowered, since two of them are dead, which is likely half.

Meh, true. But two role cops doesn't really make me feel all warm and bubbly in the inside. Kind of like talking with you.

*snickers*

I'll claim that I am the nonrepeating bodyguard. I cannot protect a player more than once. I can protect a player twice, but then I become vanilla.
I would have protected Yama these last two night, but I protected Korashk last night, since I thought Yama was protected.

M8 Y U DO DAT

But I can't really blame you.
I find it wholly hypocritical for him to scum read me for not trusting XLAV fully, while he scum reads Zaradi for reasons that are similar.

Well, that's dumb of him. Since when have you ever trusted XLAV fully?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:38:23 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:31:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:29:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

How does this work?

You are aware that mafia was able to kill two players outside of the safe house REGARDLESS, right?

AWH WTF BULLISH

Oh well.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:38:55 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:22:35 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
WHAT THE FVCKING HELL.

Seriously?

Get rekt m8
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:41:31 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:35:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
Rev, stop b!tching.

HELL NO M8
So, mafia having to deal with:
NP1, a free mafia death (that we still don't know how was avoided)
DP2, a free confirmation
A messenger (which is basically a role cop), a cop, watcher, and a few likely town roles, like ford and HPG, yeah, mafia is OP. /sarcasm
I don't think you know what a balanced game is, and I was waiting for a pro-scum game, since the first two were pro-town.
We are in a good position. And, mafia is hardly overpowered, since two of them are dead, which is likely half.

Meh, true. But two role cops doesn't really make me feel all warm and bubbly in the inside. Kind of like talking with you.

*snickers*
Do you disagree?

M8 Y U DO DAT

Between the safe house and the letter he accepted, I thought he'd be fine.

Twice. I think Surprise and some other random game where he was being an idiot.
I don't read his anti-town play as town, but his stupidity I do. (Like scum reading me for town reading him DP1)
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:41:44 PM
Does anyone else find it hilarious that Yama accepted the letter from 7th, then yama places his fake vote on 7th, and 7th places his secret double vote on himself(!), and then immediately following 7th's death, yama loses his protection and promptly gets NKd?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:43:16 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:41:31 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:35:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
Rev, stop b!tching.

HELL NO M8
So, mafia having to deal with:
NP1, a free mafia death (that we still don't know how was avoided)
DP2, a free confirmation
A messenger (which is basically a role cop), a cop, watcher, and a few likely town roles, like ford and HPG, yeah, mafia is OP. /sarcasm
I don't think you know what a balanced game is, and I was waiting for a pro-scum game, since the first two were pro-town.

It was sarcasm. Jesus.

*snickers*
Do you disagree?

Yeah, I'm obviously scum. I'm going to laugh at you so hard in the Endgame for you not being able to read me. ;D

M8 Y U DO DAT

Between the safe house and the letter he accepted, I thought he'd be fine.

So only when he's an idiot?
I don't read his anti-town play as town, but his stupidity I do. (Like scum reading me for town reading him DP1)

roflmao
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:45:03 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:41:44 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Does anyone else find it hilarious that Yama accepted the letter from 7th, then yama places his fake vote on 7th, and 7th places his secret double vote on himself(!), and then immediately following 7th's death, yama loses his protection and promptly gets NKd?

Yes.
But, we are also assuming the letter was from 7th, right?
It could have been from Ore.

....or....did anyone get a letter last night?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:48:48 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:43:16 PM, RevNge wrote:

*snickers*
Do you disagree?

Yeah, I'm obviously scum. I'm going to laugh at you so hard in the Endgame for you not being able to read me. ;D
If you are not going to answer questions, I'll just stop asking them.

So only when he's an idiot?
It's nuanced.

roflmao
I should have stated that game I was referencing was Surprise mafia.
I town read both ER and XLAV in that game for their read of me. LOL (but ER's was actually reasonable, which is why I town read him for it)
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:52:42 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:45:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Yes.

Idk if anyone got a letter or not (I certainly didn't) but unless Yama was lying about his protection still being valid as of yesterday, then the letter he got had to be from 7th. Yama wouldn't be able to die until after his letter sender died, therefore the letter sender was 7th.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:53:11 PM
So, do we mass claim?
Do we lynch?

We should be able to afford a mislynch, but who knows what the night will bring with the game.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:54:33 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:52:42 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:45:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Yes.

Idk if anyone got a letter or not (I certainly didn't) but unless Yama was lying about his protection still being valid as of yesterday, then the letter he got had to be from 7th. Yama wouldn't be able to die until after his letter sender died, therefore the letter sender was 7th.

Probably. Clearly, whoever the protection was is dead, so it really doesn't matter.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:57:42 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:56:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
WHo did you target and why?

Zaradi, because I didn't like him. :P
What was the result?

Perfect rational.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:58:49 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:57:42 PM, RevNge wrote:

What was the result?

Perfect rational.

And that means he stayed out of the house?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:59:16 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:58:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What was the result?

Perfect rational.

._______________________________________________________.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 3:03:10 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:59:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:58:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What was the result?

Perfect rational.

._______________________________________________________.

Hey, I can deal without the attitude right now.
I work 70 hour weeks, and have been disrespected in this game quite enough. (which makes it unfun to play with the limited amount of free time I have)
The only reason I haven't replaced out is because I have never replaced out of a game, and if I didn't give FT the satisfaction, I'm not giving FT Jr. it either.

Even me only paying half the attention, is still far more attention you pay. So, cut the attitude.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 3:05:14 PM
I'm okay with lynching khaos. Hyper posting indicates panic imo. I'd also be okay with lynching skep.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?