Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 1:37:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Game Theory Mafia - DP5

Died Last DP:

Zaradi (rep numberwang) - You are the 0x forensic investigator (yes, that says zero-shot); on one night you may select a dead player. The next night, you will learn of all players who visited him while he was alive, in random order.

Town.

Died in the Night:

headphonegut - You are popular townie; you require 1 more vote to be lynched. Nothing shows in the vote count.

Accepted letter: "The mafia wishes to make its job easier. The mafia is offering you a deal. You received a box with a gun. If you accept the deal, the mafia may command you to use your gun in place of your role to perform a ninja+strongman kill in place of the NK on one night, and you cannot be killed by the mafia until the member who sent you the letter dies. If you reject the deal, you remain susceptible to the actions of the mafia."

Town.

medic0506 (rep RevNge) - You are the rationality cop; each night, you may target a player and learn what choice that player made in that night"s game, if there is a game; upon investigating a person who cannot make a decision, he will be asked to choose between perfect rational and superrational without knowing what he is deciding on.

Town.

EndarkenedRationalist (rep That1User) - You are the even-night vig.

Town.

Korashk - You are the 1x journalist; each night, you may target a player, and you will receive a copy of whatever messages that player received.

Town.

Last night's game:
NP4 (public): "Ransom" - http://www.debate.org...

Living players:
1. Skepsima (rep daytonanerd)
2. Khaos_Mage
3. ford_prefect
4. XLAV

Dead:
1. Ore_Ele[1] - doctor with limitations.
2. Ore_Ele[2] (rep lannan13) - (Mafia) - Letter sender, role-cop.
3. medic0506[1] - 2x follower.
4. SeventhProfessor - (Mafia) - Letter sender, role-cop.
5. bossyburrito - 1x watcher.
6. YamaVonKarma - odd-night cop.
7. zaradi - 0x forensic investigator.
8. headphonegut - popular.
9. medic0506[2] - rationality cop.
10. EndarkenedRationalist - even-night vig.
11. Korashk - 1x journalist.

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.

This DP lasts 48 hours. DP5 ends 03/17 14:00 DDO time.
0x5f3759df
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 1:50:51 PM
Holy sh!t, four kills...

So one was Endark's vig kill, and three were mafia kills.

So that meant that four to five people chose to forfeit their actions.

I was one of those people. I win with either the mafia or the town, so I've been prioritizing my own survival this entire game.

I am the town roleblocker. I targeted XLAV NP2 to test his assumed vig claim.

I count as a town player for purposes of the victory count, so lynching me will lose you the game at this point.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:36:50 PM
At 3/15/2015 1:50:51 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

I was one of those people. I win with either the mafia or the town, so I've been prioritizing my own survival this entire game.

I count as a town player for purposes of the victory count, so lynching me will lose you the game at this point.

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.

Easy scum is easy.
Too easy.
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:37:58 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:36:50 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.
I am not the fvcking vig.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:39:01 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:37:58 PM, XLAV wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.

Vig shot Ore NP2. How could Skep be testing anything about a vig when there was no knowledge of one?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:42:20 PM
Can anyone confirm Skep's role?
Can anyone confirm ford's?

There is a traitor among us, and scum.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:43:53 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:41:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, it's MYLO, claim.
Also, I bring back my FOS, since you aren't the vig.

Why don't you town read me, m8?

Aren't you FoSing Skep?
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:43:54 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:42:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Zaradi couldn't have used his role unless I targeted him, which I did. He already said as much, if you need me to I can dig it up.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:45:00 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:26:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
and why VTNL?

Standard reason, Because that way we can narrow the pool of suspects.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:46:48 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:45:00 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 3/15/2015 4:26:01 PM, XLAV wrote:
and why VTNL?

Standard reason, Because that way we can narrow the pool of suspects.

You do know we will stab each other at the back at LyLo right?

Anyways, going to school.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:46:50 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:43:53 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/15/2015 4:41:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, it's MYLO, claim.
Also, I bring back my FOS, since you aren't the vig.

Why don't you town read me, m8?
Because you town read me. LOL
For reasons I FOS'd you DP1 and DP2.

Aren't you FoSing Skep?
Yes. I can't do both?
I am pretty sure one of you two is mafia, and the other is the traitor.
You are more likely to be the traitor, IMO, but you should still claim. There is no reason not to at this point.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:48:39 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:39:01 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.

Vig shot Ore NP2. How could Skep be testing anything about a vig when there was no knowledge of one?

I originally did it because I had a faint scum read on him, but then I asked him to claim vig to catch him once people began saying that he was the vig. But he said that he wasn't, so I dropped it, as well as my scum read on him. XLAV, were you roleblocked NP2?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:49:13 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:43:54 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Zaradi couldn't have used his role unless I targeted him, which I did. He already said as much, if you need me to I can dig it up.

Right.
So, it's either XLAV or Skep as scum.
I have to go, and I want to see how he responds to that slip.
Mafia needs to lie, so he is likely scum for it, and I'll likely vote him. It's the same slip 7th made :(

XLAV is likely the traitor, so he will win with us :/

I've got to go to work, so I'll be back in a few hours.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 4:50:45 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:48:39 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.

I originally did it because I had a faint scum read on him, but then I asked him to claim vig to catch him once people began saying that he was the vig. But he said that he wasn't, so I dropped it, as well as my scum read on him. XLAV, were you roleblocked NP2?

That is still a lie, since you didn't RB him to test anything.
Off to work.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 5:04:01 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:50:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/15/2015 4:48:39 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Holy sh!t, four kills...

Ummm, what?
The vig kill was NP2.

That is still a lie, since you didn't RB him to test anything.
Off to work.

Lol, it was a mistake, not a lie. I replaced into this game and have been very busy setting up my own and playing in another. If my behavior backs up the fact that I lied, fine. But it doesn't, I was leery about XLAV DP2. Later on I did use the fact that I RBd him to test a claim, which he says that you foisted on him. I'll reread a few DPs once role PMs for my game go out, but I find your behavior troubling, because instead of making meaningful analysis, you're building cases based on kneejerk reactions. If one person buys it and votes for me, then you hammer and scum wins. We need to look at things carefully, since we're at MYLO. Personally, I think that VTNL is the best option for town. The fact that I've said that when I win so long as I'm not lynched is more evidence for my being town than anything else.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 5:09:05 PM
At 3/15/2015 4:49:13 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/15/2015 4:43:54 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Right.
So, it's either XLAV or Skep as scum.
I have to go, and I want to see how he responds to that slip.
Mafia needs to lie, so he is likely scum for it, and I'll likely vote him. It's the same slip 7th made :(

XLAV is likely the traitor, so he will win with us :/

I've got to go to work, so I'll be back in a few hours.

Lol, so I'm scum, yet I claimed a traitor role which I, as scum, wouldn't know existed?

Yeah, or you found a silly mistake in a post and saw an opportunity to pursue a mislynch based on that. Thankfully, we've brought some decent players to MYLO.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 5:14:30 PM
And can I highlight the fact that I am the only innocent result from a confirmed cop?

Why would a scum player with that sort of cred fake claim a victory condition which causes them to be ambivalent about town's victory?

If you lynch me, town will lose and mafia will win. The fact that Khaos jumped on the opportunity to do so is shady beyond belief.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 5:20:27 PM
VTNL nac
- Hilaire Belloc -
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 9:30:47 PM
Skep, if you have a traitor role, you would not have copped innocent (i.e. TP).
Regardless, WE ALL have that traitor wincon, so it does nothing for your town cred.

The only thing you have going for you is the innocent, which was given by a jilted townie, who went on to betray the town.
And, given you made the same type of slip that 7th made, I'm inclined to believe you are the last scum.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2015 9:37:01 PM
Let's explore this cop result.
We know there is three mafia (unless XLAV has some role and there are two left).
Mafia had a HIGH chance of dying NP1, and only survived, presumably, because a player betrayed town. If not, dead scum.
DP2, there was a mod-confirmation. That also could have spelled doom for mafia.
There was also a cop NP1 and a vig NP2 to deal with.

The games became more scum sided, but there was a cost.
In short, mafia is likely to be godfather, and he is toting his innocent like he did in SOA. Toting his role as he did in SOA.
And, now, he votes to NL, which is wholly anti-town. We don't know if there is a game tonight, and we know that mafia can try to convince one townie to lynch the other, most likely the townie that has already betrayed town by not revealing themselves (who also, likely, cannot die in the night)
VTL Skep

Daytona claiming a scum role to draw the investigation on himself is exactly what the mafia would want to do.