Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 36.2: DP2

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:34:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

bhu - You are the REDIRECTOR. Each night, you may choose to redirect one's player to another. You win with the Mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Val - are the 1-shot VIGILANTE. Once per game, you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

316 - You are the PGO (Paranoid Gun Owner). You will kill anyone who visits you in the night. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Molon
Saph
ash
Shadow
Skep
Harder
Yama

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 11:59pm, DDO time, on 3/20/15.


Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:40:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well, that narrows everything down! I will be working until 10 PM EST tomorrow, and am going to sleep now. Discuss results, and I will catch up then.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 1:30:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My takes on this:

1. The mafia probably didn't kill the PGO (316). If they had, then there would be a dead mafioso since the PGO takes his killer with him. Although...if there's a doctor in this game, the doctor could have protected the mafioso which would prevent their death from the reflex kill.
2. The mafia could have targeted the vig (val). This makes sense from their standpoint, I think, since he was instrumental in leading bhu's lynch.
3. The PGO had to have been targeted by a killing role in order to have died. Possible killing roles given what happened last DP and NP: vig, SK. I think those are the only possibilities, but maybe I missed something.
4a. If val as the vig targeted 316, then they would have killed each other.
4b. If the SK targeted 316 and was protected by the doctor (if there is one) then maybe they could've survived the reflex kill action.
5. If val targeted 316, and they both died, then it leaves the question of what the SK did (presuming 4b didn't happen). I don't really know what to think about this though. Most likely they targeted someone who was immune to or protected from NKs? Looking through the role list, I see several possibilities: bulletproof, doctor, commuter, roleblocker, and JOAT.

Wow just noticed I spent half an hour analyzing this! Thoughts? Did I miss anything?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 2:53:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I didn't get time to shift my vote to bhu last DP. By the time I got home from school he had been lynched and it was NP. The way that bhu outed himself was pretty funny though lol.

Adding on to my previous post: it may also be possible for the SK to have killed val, with the mafioso targeting 316 under protection.
I'm just running through all the possible scenarios here. Additional possibilities would be appreciated, and updated reads as well.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
21MolonLabe
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:22:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 1:30:35 AM, Sapphique wrote:
My takes on this:

1. The mafia probably didn't kill the PGO (316). If they had, then there would be a dead mafioso since the PGO takes his killer with him. Although...if there's a doctor in this game, the doctor could have protected the mafioso which would prevent their death from the reflex kill.
2. The mafia could have targeted the vig (val). This makes sense from their standpoint, I think, since he was instrumental in leading bhu's lynch.
3. The PGO had to have been targeted by a killing role in order to have died. Possible killing roles given what happened last DP and NP: vig, SK. I think those are the only possibilities, but maybe I missed something.
4a. If val as the vig targeted 316, then they would have killed each other.
4b. If the SK targeted 316 and was protected by the doctor (if there is one) then maybe they could've survived the reflex kill action.
5. If val targeted 316, and they both died, then it leaves the question of what the SK did (presuming 4b didn't happen). I don't really know what to think about this though. Most likely they targeted someone who was immune to or protected from NKs? Looking through the role list, I see several possibilities: bulletproof, doctor, commuter, roleblocker, and JOAT.

Wow just noticed I spent half an hour analyzing this! Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

1. Agreed
2. That is a possibility, but I do not think that is what happened. (Will explain later)
3. Agreed
4a. I think this one is most likely. I think that Val was operating under the premise that Bhu and 316 are brothers (and possibly using the same computer), so they would be assigned the same affiliation. Since Bhu was Mafia, Val assumed that 316 would also be Mafia, and decided kill him.
4b. Possibly
5. Maybe. Is SK the only third party role, or are there other third party roles that could be in this game?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 7:56:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 1:30:35 AM, Sapphique wrote:
My takes on this:

1. The mafia probably didn't kill the PGO (316). If they had, then there would be a dead mafioso since the PGO takes his killer with him. Although...if there's a doctor in this game, the doctor could have protected the mafioso which would prevent their death from the reflex kill.
2. The mafia could have targeted the vig (val). This makes sense from their standpoint, I think, since he was instrumental in leading bhu's lynch.
3. The PGO had to have been targeted by a killing role in order to have died. Possible killing roles given what happened last DP and NP: vig, SK. I think those are the only possibilities, but maybe I missed something.
4a. If val as the vig targeted 316, then they would have killed each other.
4b. If the SK targeted 316 and was protected by the doctor (if there is one) then maybe they could've survived the reflex kill action.
5. If val targeted 316, and they both died, then it leaves the question of what the SK did (presuming 4b didn't happen). I don't really know what to think about this though. Most likely they targeted someone who was immune to or protected from NKs? Looking through the role list, I see several possibilities: bulletproof, doctor, commuter, roleblocker, and JOAT.

Wow just noticed I spent half an hour analyzing this! Thoughts? Did I miss anything?

Implying that it is an SK.... There is another third party role, unless you have information otherwise?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:05:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I see what Val was trying to do. He was probably of the mindset that 316 and bhu would be the same affiliation, and 316 claimed Bulletproof. So to test it, he decided to kill 316 with his 1-shot vig. If 316 was lying, he probably was mafia and would've died. If he told the truth, nothing would've happened. a pretty smart strategy to get a confirmed town, or kill a mafioso. But it seems like 316 lied even harder as town, and was actually PGO.

And with this I'd like to make a statement to all PGO's. If you're going to lie about your role to draw the NK onto you, DO NOT SAY YOU ARE BULLETPROOF YOU IDIOT.

The mafia NK was either targeted at Val, an actual BP, or someone who is doctored. Those are the only possibilities I know of. If I remember correctly, PGO kills everyone who visits him, even if someone kills him at the same time, so I doubt mafia tried to kill 316. I don't know whether doctor works on that or not, so I haven't the slightest clue if that's a possibility. Overall this actually doesn't change much other than that 316 is in the clear.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.
21MolonLabe
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:14:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

So who do you think is scum?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:22:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 8:14:50 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

So who do you think is scum?

Anyone could be. The problem is that the NP didn't confirm anything useful for me. My strongest town read was Val (now dead) and strongest scum was 316 (now dead and not scum). In terms of information the game essentially goes back to square 1, so I need a bit of time to go over last DP's conversations to see if I could find any correlations.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:23:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 8:14:50 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

So who do you think is scum?

How about you?
21MolonLabe
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 8:39:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 8:23:23 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:14:50 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

So who do you think is scum?

How about you?

Yama or Skep. Yama is usually more active in other games that I have watched, so it is unusual that he is so silent. Skep is just active enough not to be replaced, but not so active that he contributes anything. This just speculation though.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 9:36:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

I'm curious as to why you didn't CC 316 last dp. I think I know why, but can you explain?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 9:36:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

I'm curious as to why you didn't CC 316 last dp. I think I know why, but can you explain?
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 9:39:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 8:39:09 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:23:23 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:14:50 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 3/19/2015 8:08:36 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
Slight FoS on Saph for seeming to have some knowledge of what the third party is, but it isn't enough to make me think much else of it. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

So who do you think is scum?

How about you?

Yama or Skep. Yama is usually more active in other games that I have watched, so it is unusual that he is so silent. Skep is just active enough not to be replaced, but not so active that he contributes anything. This just speculation though.

Well, I think he's back so whatever.
Skep says he's at work, which is believable as long as he comes back, so I think I can give him a pass on that too.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 10:01:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 9:36:04 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

I'm curious as to why you didn't CC 316 last dp. I think I know why, but can you explain?

I wasn't paying attention
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 10:56:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

Hello. Do you want me to claim?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 11:43:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 11:19:22 AM, RevNge wrote:
Can I just say that this is the noobiest series in all of DDO Mafia?

You're back!
Dodge!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 11:44:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 10:56:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

Hello. Do you want me to claim?
Yup
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
21MolonLabe
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 11:44:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 11:19:22 AM, RevNge wrote:
Can I just say that this is the noobiest series in all of DDO Mafia?

Well it is a beginner series.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:19:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 11:44:15 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/19/2015 10:56:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

Hello. Do you want me to claim?
Yup

I am the dreamer.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
21MolonLabe
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:47:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 12:45:53 PM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
Then

What happened? I pressed the "Back" arrow, not the "add post" button.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 12:56:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 10:01:55 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:36:04 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

I'm curious as to why you didn't CC 316 last dp. I think I know why, but can you explain?

I wasn't paying attention

I figured LOL
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 1:01:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 12:19:21 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/19/2015 11:44:15 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/19/2015 10:56:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 3/19/2015 9:23:38 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Lol!
So mafia targeted me?
I'm the Bulletproof.
Only one person is [Redacted] enough to have believed me when I claimed a power role.

Harder, guess what time it is?
VTL Harder

Hello. Do you want me to claim?
Yup

I am the dreamer.

Any worthwhile information? Confirmed town, caught scum?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 1:10:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My dream was Ash, Shadow, and Molon
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2015 1:46:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/19/2015 1:10:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
My dream was Ash, Shadow, and Molon

What does that mean?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch