Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 36.2: ENDGAME

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:17:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town wins!!

1st Place: TOWN

Val - are the 1-shot VIGILANTE. Once per game, you may select a player for death. You win with the town.

316 - You are the PGO (Paranoid Gun Owner). You will kill anyone who visits you in the night. You win with the town.

Harder - You are the DREAMER. Each night you will receive a dream containing 3 names. At least one of those names will be scum, and at least one will be town. Your dreams will not be interrupted by nighttime visitations. You win with the town.

Skep - You are the 2-shot BODYGUARD. Twice, at night, you may choose a player. Any lethal actions aimed at that player will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

Molon - You are the HUNTER. Upon being lynched, you may select a player to take with you the grave. You win with the town.

Ash - You are the BOMB. If NK'd, you will kill your killer. You win with the town.

Yama - You are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd. You win with the town.

2nd Place: TP

Saph - You are the SERIAL KILLER. Each night you must select a player for death. You win when all others players are dead or it is impossible for you to lose.

3rd Place: MAFIA

Shadow - You are the GOON. You have no role.

bhu - You are the REDIRECTOR. Each night, you may choose to redirect one's player to another.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Val - NK 316
Skep - Bdg. Molon
Saph - NK Yama
Shadow - NK Val

NP2

Saph - NK Skep
Shadow - NK Skep

NP3

Saph - NK Ash
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:58:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think a better course of action would be try your hardest to get Ash lynched, Let me NK Molon ( I wouldn't have killed you because I believed you weresurvivor and mightve sided with me) and then lynch me the next DP.

Maybe its just hindsight, or maybe you thiught Ash was mafia, but I think that would've been your best bet.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:06:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Was a fun as hell game nonetheless. GG

Btw Valkrin Im still waiting on a response from airmax before I release the PM.
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:06:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

And, why did the SK claim survivor, when it would make them more likely to be lynched after the second scum was caught?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:11:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:06:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

And, why did the SK claim survivor, when it would make them more likely to be lynched after the second scum was caught?

That too lol. Unless he managed to keep 1 mafia alive until the final night that was weird.

My play was perfect though, impeccable performance ;)
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:14:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Saph - NK Skep
Shadow - NK Skep

What can I say, I'm irresistible.

That bomb NK sucks for you though, Saph.

And the PGO claiming BP; what is this, I can't even...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:16:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Some ringer m8
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:22:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:16:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Some ringer m8

In his defense he said he didn't see it :P
But yeah XD what a bad game.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:22:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:16:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Some ringer m8
Blinding rage has a way of blinding you
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:24:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:22:28 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:16:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Some ringer m8
Blinding rage has a way of blinding you

Must be the passion with which yiu play lol
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:47:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 9:58:24 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
I think a better course of action would be try your hardest to get Ash lynched, Let me NK Molon ( I wouldn't have killed you because I believed you weresurvivor and mightve sided with me) and then lynch me the next DP.

Maybe its just hindsight, or maybe you thiught Ash was mafia, but I think that would've been your best bet.

I miscalculated lol. I originally thought there were 3 mafia but only asked bsh about that likelihood when it was too late. I think I'm bad at playing TP >.<
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:48:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Dude I was against lynching harder from the start, then y'all went and said yeah let's lynch him and I thought you made sense kinda so I agreed...whatevs it's over now lol
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 11:50:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I kinda thought ash may have been lying...but yeah idiotic on my part. It is my first game, but damn I'm bad at this XD
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 4:32:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
THAT FRICKIN
BULLETPROOF
CLAIM

Still pisses me off that he'd lie about it. As PGO, you want to DRAW IN the NK from mafia. As he claimed bulletproof I felt best to check (remember back to joint affiliation?). Nope, I was wrong. He wasn't mafia yet not bulletproof. So I wasted my 1x Vig (bad enough) and died as well. Then again I probably would've died by NK anyway.

Honestly town played a ton of this wrong and IDK how they still won. Mostly it was because of Harder and he barely got to even speak, lol.

And I don't even know what to say about the SK...

Anyway, the mafia winning streak is gone!
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:13:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 10:24:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

If you're not able to post pics, can you at least describe the PM?
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:56:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/23/2015 11:48:19 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:04:43 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:
This game was horrible lol. From 316 fake claim, Yama not CC it, the fact that we both killed skep, and then NK the bomb XD wtf happened
Not to mention we somehow lynched Harder. I don't even want to know what happened there.

Dude I was against lynching harder from the start, then y'all went and said yeah let's lynch him and I thought you made sense kinda so I agreed...whatevs it's over now lol

Nah, it would've actually made sense for you to lynch harder for the same reason it made sense for me. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure his dreamer role can catch SK's too. That wasn't a mess up on your part, just Skep and Molon's.
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:58:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 7:13:08 AM, Valkrin wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:24:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

If you're not able to post pics, can you at least describe the PM?

In summary, as soon as you started pressuring bhu I was trying to come up with a fake claim for him, and he kept insisting that you die XD. I tried explaining that it'd make him look suspicious, but he was adamant in killing you, so after he was lynched I decided to fufill his deepest desire and end your life. Unfortunately 316's amazing fake claim killed you anyway and the kill was wasted lol
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 8:00:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 7:13:08 AM, Valkrin wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:24:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

If you're not able to post pics, can you at least describe the PM?

I think mafia could've won if bhu lived 1 more dp lol. I hate trying to solo carry a game, especially since I suck at mafia.
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 8:03:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 8:00:20 AM, Shadowguynick wrote:
At 3/24/2015 7:13:08 AM, Valkrin wrote:
At 3/23/2015 10:24:02 PM, Shadowguynick wrote:

If you're not able to post pics, can you at least describe the PM?

I think mafia could've won if bhu lived 1 more dp lol. I hate trying to solo carry a game, especially since I suck at mafia.

IF.
He had an awesome role. Had we taken out 316 instead of him you guys would've won. Easy.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 3:23:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

I won as SK in the last game of a Beginner's series a while back. Here's the game's endgame: http://www.debate.org...
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 4:15:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

If it's any solace, you played much better than town. Town just got a lucky CC and a great role (Dreamer)
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 9:09:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yeah...I'll have the next game up tomorrow sometimes.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 10:00:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

Compare your meta between this game and the last. It shifted pretty drastically, to the point that I thought that there were three scum and that you were probably one of the last ones. I honestly expected scum to kill me or harder (if he were town) NP1, and the fact that there was not an NK convinced me that there was a doctor who had protected one of us, and that I would live to the next DP. Other wise, I would have put more heat on you DP2, but I was keeping my head down and setting things up for a lynch on one of you guys tomorrow. Town did good though. As SK, you might want to claim vig and ask the town to direct your kills, waiving them from time to time in order to throw people off and bring the game to MYLO. Or you could just perform one kill, sit tight, then do it again when town has the assumption of safety and cause an early endgame. Both of these require stellar town-play to prevent investigation, though, and the vig claim is risky because it can draw the mafia NK if they feel threatened.
Also, know that you actually had it easy as far as reads go, because it was impossible for us to tell that there was a serial killer throughout this game. If we suspected that I think that it would have changed a lot.

Scum, targeting Valk was a horrible idea. He was the perfect distraction after bhu's outburst. You could have killed harder or I, and this game would have turned out much better for you.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:00:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 10:00:32 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

Compare your meta between this game and the last. It shifted pretty drastically, to the point that I thought that there were three scum and that you were probably one of the last ones. I honestly expected scum to kill me or harder (if he were town) NP1, and the fact that there was not an NK convinced me that there was a doctor who had protected one of us, and that I would live to the next DP. Other wise, I would have put more heat on you DP2, but I was keeping my head down and setting things up for a lynch on one of you guys tomorrow. Town did good though. As SK, you might want to claim vig and ask the town to direct your kills, waiving them from time to time in order to throw people off and bring the game to MYLO. Or you could just perform one kill, sit tight, then do it again when town has the assumption of safety and cause an early endgame. Both of these require stellar town-play to prevent investigation, though, and the vig claim is risky because it can draw the mafia NK if they feel threatened.
Also, know that you actually had it easy as far as reads go, because it was impossible for us to tell that there was a serial killer throughout this game. If we suspected that I think that it would have changed a lot.

Scum, targeting Valk was a horrible idea. He was the perfect distraction after bhu's outburst. You could have killed harder or I, and this game would have turned out much better for you.

I couldn't have claimed vig since Val was one and there can't be 2. And what's a meta?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 11:09:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 11:00:17 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 3/24/2015 10:00:32 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

Compare your meta between this game and the last. It shifted pretty drastically, to the point that I thought that there were three scum and that you were probably one of the last ones. I honestly expected scum to kill me or harder (if he were town) NP1, and the fact that there was not an NK convinced me that there was a doctor who had protected one of us, and that I would live to the next DP. Other wise, I would have put more heat on you DP2, but I was keeping my head down and setting things up for a lynch on one of you guys tomorrow. Town did good though. As SK, you might want to claim vig and ask the town to direct your kills, waiving them from time to time in order to throw people off and bring the game to MYLO. Or you could just perform one kill, sit tight, then do it again when town has the assumption of safety and cause an early endgame. Both of these require stellar town-play to prevent investigation, though, and the vig claim is risky because it can draw the mafia NK if they feel threatened.
Also, know that you actually had it easy as far as reads go, because it was impossible for us to tell that there was a serial killer throughout this game. If we suspected that I think that it would have changed a lot.

Scum, targeting Valk was a horrible idea. He was the perfect distraction after bhu's outburst. You could have killed harder or I, and this game would have turned out much better for you.

I couldn't have claimed vig since Val was one and there can't be 2. And what's a meta?

I know, it was just a suggestion.

Meta is a controversial form of high-level behavioral analysis which involves analyzing a player's behavior over a range of games in order to figure out how their 'town game' differs from their 'scum game', and to pick out any specific scum tells which they may have. Doing this to someone in the middle of a game in order to refine a read is called a 'meta-dive.' It's a potent tool, but time-consuming and at times difficult to pull off. If someone plays with you a lot, they may pick up your meta in the process.

One way to improve your scum play is to examine your own meta for disparities.

A lot of the higher-level players can use meta against new players to devastating effect until they refine their behavior as scum.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 8:03:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 10:00:32 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/24/2015 3:07:49 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Advice on how to play as TP? Without sarcasm, please. I know I played terribly, but the purpose of these series is to learn in order to become better.

Compare your meta between this game and the last. It shifted pretty drastically, to the point that I thought that there were three scum and that you were probably one of the last ones. I honestly expected scum to kill me or harder (if he were town) NP1, and the fact that there was not an NK convinced me that there was a doctor who had protected one of us, and that I would live to the next DP. Other wise, I would have put more heat on you DP2, but I was keeping my head down and setting things up for a lynch on one of you guys tomorrow. Town did good though. As SK, you might want to claim vig and ask the town to direct your kills, waiving them from time to time in order to throw people off and bring the game to MYLO. Or you could just perform one kill, sit tight, then do it again when town has the assumption of safety and cause an early endgame. Both of these require stellar town-play to prevent investigation, though, and the vig claim is risky because it can draw the mafia NK if they feel threatened.
Also, know that you actually had it easy as far as reads go, because it was impossible for us to tell that there was a serial killer throughout this game. If we suspected that I think that it would have changed a lot.

Scum, targeting Valk was a horrible idea. He was the perfect distraction after bhu's outburst. You could have killed harder or I, and this game would have turned out much better for you.

Why would he have been a good distraction? I doubt based on bhu's normal behavior that anyone would've actually thought Val was scum, he was pretty much confirmed town. We also had no clue that Harder had the dreamer role, and he seemed pretty inactive, same with you. No point in killing people who aren't doing anything.