Total Posts:216|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Skyrim Mafia DP2

ford_prefect
Posts: 4,139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 12:30:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lynched yesterday: Geographia
Jarl Balgruuf (Recruit). You are the Jarl of Whiterun, an important province for the strategic interests of both Imperials and Stormcloaks. The first time you are targeted for death by the Imperials or by the Stormcloaks, you survive and join the side that attacked you. If neither side targets you for death, you win with the people of Skyrim.

"No doubt General Tullius and his friends in the Empire will tell you that I owe them my loyalty, and perhaps I do. Ulfric Stormcloak would say that I owe my allegiance to the Nord people as they fight for Skyrim's independence. Perhaps this is also true. The day might come when I am forced to draw my sword for one side or the other. But that day has not come yet."

Died in the night: Rev [PM redacted]
Yama:
Delphine (Dragon Hunter TP). You are a sworn member of the Blades. You have dedicated your life to pursuing your order's old enemies, the dragons. Each night you may target another player. If that player is a dragon, you learn their identity and attempt to kill them. If you kill all the dragons in the game, whether by lynching them by day or by killing them at night, you solo win. If you outlive all dragons in the game but are not directly responsible for all their deaths, you joint win. If you die while any dragons survive, you lose.

"Dragons aren't just coming back, they're coming back to life. They weren't gone somewhere all these years. They were dead, killed off centuries ago by my predecessors. Now something's happening to bring them back to life."

Living Players:
TN05
Shadowguynick
Bhu
Medic
ButterCat
Harder
Endark
OreEle
Airmax
bossyburrito
AlwaysRight
SeventhProf
Bull_Diesel
Khaos
Mikal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. DP ends at the latest at noon on Tuesday, DDO time.
2001bhu
Posts: 1,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 12:42:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 12:30:50 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Lynched yesterday: Geographia
Jarl Balgruuf (Recruit). You are the Jarl of Whiterun, an important province for the strategic interests of both Imperials and Stormcloaks. The first time you are targeted for death by the Imperials or by the Stormcloaks, you survive and join the side that attacked you. If neither side targets you for death, you win with the people of Skyrim.

"No doubt General Tullius and his friends in the Empire will tell you that I owe them my loyalty, and perhaps I do. Ulfric Stormcloak would say that I owe my allegiance to the Nord people as they fight for Skyrim's independence. Perhaps this is also true. The day might come when I am forced to draw my sword for one side or the other. But that day has not come yet."

Died in the night: Rev [PM redacted]
Yama:
Delphine (Dragon Hunter TP). You are a sworn member of the Blades. You have dedicated your life to pursuing your order's old enemies, the dragons. Each night you may target another player. If that player is a dragon, you learn their identity and attempt to kill them. If you kill all the dragons in the game, whether by lynching them by day or by killing them at night, you solo win. If you outlive all dragons in the game but are not directly responsible for all their deaths, you joint win. If you die while any dragons survive, you lose.

"Dragons aren't just coming back, they're coming back to life. They weren't gone somewhere all these years. They were dead, killed off centuries ago by my predecessors. Now something's happening to bring them back to life."

Living Players:
TN05
Shadowguynick
Bhu
Medic
ButterCat
Harder
Endark
OreEle
Airmax
bossyburrito
AlwaysRight
SeventhProf
Bull_Diesel
Khaos
Mikal

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. DP ends at the latest at noon on Tuesday, DDO time.


lol
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 12:51:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Seems like the lynch of Geo flipped well for town since he could have been a liability.

Yawa was TP so that worked out well as the NK.

...

I am Aela the Huntress. I'm the tracker.

I tracked Mikal and he visited no one.

...

Anyone have any results worth revealing?

...

I have no strong scum reads at this point, though unless a better target is revealed I'm in favor of a 2001Bhu lynch due to him being the most anti-town at this point.
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 12:59:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This seems to imply there are 3 factions

Town (people of skyrim)
Stormcloaks
Imperials

This game is now interesting

Also it seems likely that mafia killed a TP. I would drastically consider reading over who was town reading yama and looking that way for a scum pile as well. (even though I was one of them)

Mafia would have targeted him assuming he was town, I want to re read the day phase and see who else had town reads on him. That explains my town read. He was anti scum, which I could see by his posts. I think he was actually scum hunting as TP, it just did not correlate with town this time. Sadly non mafia does not necessitate being a townie
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:11:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I concur with Mikal about there being three (make that four) factions...

Always, why did you not shoot bhu last night?
With two factions, a vig is obvious scum cover, IMO. She should be investigated or lynched. (this assumes mafia(s) knew of the other's existence (i.e. 2 mafia members of each group).

Airmax, why would you out yourself like that, especially with no useful information?

Bhu is the lynch today. Anti-town, CC'd, and lied at least once.

I'm looking at two teams of two for remaining scum.
Mikal and Bossy may be one, but we know we got one in Bhu.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:14:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Also, it does suck that Rev was killed.
He may be mafia, and we'll never know :/

18 players, with a known 1/2 scum.
I'd say 4.5 scum with two killing factions seems fair.
My work here is, finally, done.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:17:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We have two scum mafias, each with the ability to perform a NK? So since two people died in the night, unless we have a super lucky doc, I'm calling BS on the vig. Even if we DO have a super lucky doc, no way are there three NKs a night in a 17 player game.

VTL bhu, Alwaysright tomorrow.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:23:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:12:11 PM, RevNge wrote:
GODDAMN IT WHY ME

First time I actually TRY playing in a while, and I fvcking die.

However, this post does seem like a townie post, which is why Rev needs to stop posting after he is dead. It influences the game.
My work here is, finally, done.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:24:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:23:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:12:11 PM, RevNge wrote:
GODDAMN IT WHY ME

First time I actually TRY playing in a while, and I fvcking die.

However, this post does seem like a townie post, which is why Rev needs to stop posting after he is dead. It influences the game.

Of course, I only try when I'm Mafia. ;)

*exeunt*
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:34:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:24:58 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:23:44 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:12:11 PM, RevNge wrote:
GODDAMN IT WHY ME

First time I actually TRY playing in a while, and I fvcking die.

However, this post does seem like a townie post, which is why Rev needs to stop posting after he is dead. It influences the game.

Of course, I only try when I'm Mafia. ;)

*exeunt*

Yeah, if you're dead, stop talking. Period.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:36:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
How is there any doubt about BHU?

Vote To Lynch bhu

Vig, if you're actually town and just stupid instead of being scum, shoot Mikal. For the love of God.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:39:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:36:04 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Vig, if you're actually town and just stupid instead of being scum, shoot Mikal. For the love of God.

Do you believe there are two factions?
If so, do you further believe there is a vig?
My work here is, finally, done.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:43:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:39:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:36:04 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Vig, if you're actually town and just stupid instead of being scum, shoot Mikal. For the love of God.

Do you believe there are two factions?
If so, do you further believe there is a vig?

There seem to be at least five...

Blades, Dragons, Imperial, Stormcloaks, and the People.

I wouldn't doubt if the other factions had vigs (so basically a nk). In fact, it seems likely that at least some of the other factions have town-sided roles or are basically Town and the point is to see which one is able to take control first via Town methods. I don't see how Town could win if it was balanced any other way.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 1:44:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Like, if you assume that the Imperial, Stormcloaks, and Dragons are all essentially mafia, Town has pretty much 0 chance of winning. If they can play pro-town, though, and give results and so on, that at least makes their existence non-gamebreaking. It reminds me of Game Theory, having people who are all essentially town work against each other to win alone.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:16:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 2:04:41 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
At 3/28/2015 2:04:24 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
OK, you called my bluff. I am Sinding, but I am a Granny.

srry

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LET NOOBS PLAY IN ACTUAL GAMES

Jesus H. Christ.

Just to clarify - you're claiming PGO?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:21:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 2:04:24 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
OK, you called my bluff. I am Sinding, but I am a Granny.

I'll be back in a few minutes, but here are a few reasons you're scum:

1. Why would granny fake claim vig? For one, vig is a solid scum fake claim in a multiple mafia game, and two, a vig claim doesn't deter town visits. In fact, it encourages watcher visits (and other similar roles) even if the mafia isn't planning on visiting.

2. You didn't even know what your fake claim is actually called. It's the PGO on DDO, and you not knowing that confirms you as not it.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:43:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:43:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:39:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:36:04 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Vig, if you're actually town and just stupid instead of being scum, shoot Mikal. For the love of God.

Do you believe there are two factions?
If so, do you further believe there is a vig?

There seem to be at least five...

Blades, Dragons, Imperial, Stormcloaks, and the People.

I wouldn't doubt if the other factions had vigs (so basically a nk). In fact, it seems likely that at least some of the other factions have town-sided roles or are basically Town and the point is to see which one is able to take control first via Town methods. I don't see how Town could win if it was balanced any other way.

No, I think some members of teams are dragons. In other words, Yama needed to kill a specific subset of players. Probably one mafia from each group and two townies, maybe one townie.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:46:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LOL, yeah, Always is scum.
Town is sitting pretty good right about now.

Question: should we lynch Always over bhu? If we were to believe bhu's role claim, then he likely doesn't have an active role. Always, might.
My work here is, finally, done.
AlwaysRight12345
Posts: 66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:49:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 2:16:15 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/28/2015 2:04:41 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
At 3/28/2015 2:04:24 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:
OK, you called my bluff. I am Sinding, but I am a Granny.

srry

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LET NOOBS PLAY IN ACTUAL GAMES

Jesus H. Christ.

Just to clarify - you're claiming PGO?

Yes
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:52:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 2:49:42 PM, AlwaysRight12345 wrote:

Just to clarify - you're claiming PGO?

Yes

Why did you call it granny?
Are you aware that town does not lie without a good reason?
Why did you lie?
Are you aware that, if you are telling the truth, and players did what they were supposed to do, you would have killed the doctor and/or watcher?
My work here is, finally, done.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:59:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 1:11:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I concur with Mikal about there being three (make that four) factions...

Always, why did you not shoot bhu last night?
With two factions, a vig is obvious scum cover, IMO. She should be investigated or lynched. (this assumes mafia(s) knew of the other's existence (i.e. 2 mafia members of each group).

Airmax, why would you out yourself like that, especially with no useful information?

Bhu is the lynch today. Anti-town, CC'd, and lied at least once.

I'm looking at two teams of two for remaining scum.
Mikal and Bossy may be one, but we know we got one in Bhu.

I actually win with the people of skyrim and I actually have a solid defense now at least via thematic analysis(as weak as it is). The TP party is already dead. Unless you assume there is yet another TP on top of two factions and a already dead TP, which would make town pointless and at a huge disadvantage. It would be impossible for me to be scum. There would be no reason for me to claim astrid unless I was telling the truth as she is an already scummy character claim

Meaning there is a high possibility from anyone's pov that I am telling the truth since I claimed such a scummy character. Since that character is neither a imperial or stormcloak and the TP is dead, then its safe to assume im town

My character is in the dark brother hood(leader). At least via the game, they have no allegiance to the storm cloaks or the imperials(the two tp factions that were outed due to geos death). They kill based on cash(the dark brotherhood). The assumption being made was that I was TP by myself, but that theory is dead now because the TP is already dead
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 2:59:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Cop, you might as well state your results.
We got two scum to lynch, and likely two to go.

Doc can protect you (hopefully), and even if not, your result will help with PoE.
There are 15 players, and two miller and two scum, and a cop.
A dead cop should all but prove a fifth player is town. (maybe a godfather, but we'll see), but we might snag a watcher's result as well.

I'm guessing Always and bhu are on the same team, since an opposing mafia faking a vig would likely have shot bhu.

Cop, if you investigated a dead player, then do not claim.
My work here is, finally, done.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 3:02:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just a notation, it also implies there are dragons in the game

So you have a

(TP) Dragon hunter
(Town) People of skyrim
(Faction) Stormcloaks
(Faction) Imperials
(TP2) Geo who flipped to either faction
(Dragons) ? no clue, this one i'm lost at bu the death of the DP infers this
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 3:03:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 3:02:12 PM, Mikal wrote:
Just a notation, it also implies there are dragons in the game

So you have a

(TP) Dragon hunter
(Town) People of skyrim
(Faction) Stormcloaks
(Faction) Imperials
(TP2) Geo who flipped to either faction
(Faction) Dragons

Upon reading that over, dragons are def another faction
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 3:05:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 2:59:49 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 3/28/2015 1:11:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I concur with Mikal about there being three (make that four) factions...

Always, why did you not shoot bhu last night?
With two factions, a vig is obvious scum cover, IMO. She should be investigated or lynched. (this assumes mafia(s) knew of the other's existence (i.e. 2 mafia members of each group).

Airmax, why would you out yourself like that, especially with no useful information?

Bhu is the lynch today. Anti-town, CC'd, and lied at least once.

I'm looking at two teams of two for remaining scum.
Mikal and Bossy may be one, but we know we got one in Bhu.

I actually win with the people of skyrim and I actually have a solid defense now at least via thematic analysis(as weak as it is). The TP party is already dead. Unless you assume there is yet another TP on top of two factions and a already dead TP, which would make town pointless and at a huge disadvantage. It would be impossible for me to be scum. There would be no reason for me to claim astrid unless I was telling the truth as she is an already scummy character claim

Meaning there is a high possibility from anyone's pov that I am telling the truth since I claimed such a scummy character. Since that character is neither a imperial or stormcloak and the TP is dead, then its safe to assume im town

My character is in the dark brother hood(leader). At least via the game, they have no allegiance to the storm cloaks or the imperials(the two tp factions that were outed due to geos death). They kill based on cash(the dark brotherhood). The assumption being made was that I was TP by myself, but that theory is dead now because the TP is already dead

For the record, that was never my assumption.
Regardless, since you flipped town in the other game, my meta read on you has softened, and we already have two pressing lynches at this point.

You are not a concern to me at this time.
Who do you think we should lynch between bhu or Always?
What do you make of Airmax's claim?
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 3:07:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/28/2015 3:03:11 PM, Mikal wrote:

Upon reading that over, dragons are def another faction

I disagree it is a faction. It is likely a lyncher-type role.
Someone said last DP there is likely a town alligned dragon, who would have been thematically miller had the theme been town vs. dragons.
My work here is, finally, done.