Jump to topic:

Pantheon on Park Avenue DP4

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:06:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The sea glistened coldly beyond the colossal steel ships that jutted out from the glittering cacophony that was New York City. Sink a few feet, and the sound would be crushed and stifled. Continue and light would die, and further, further into the cold, benthic void. Inscrutable, black, and terrible in its immensity, it alone could dwarf the feverish light-dream which had festered at its edge for a few centuries. And here he stood, flung ashore by circumstance, surrounded by barnacle-crusted keepsakes and musing over his demesne, when the door opened. He turned, worry and sympathy lining his patrician face. "Brother, I am sorry for your"" Another entered, and another, filing into the small room, the aged wood creaking under their feet. There was rage written on his brother"s face, and his own twisted in indignation. "You would suspect me? Look around you! This is madness! My own sister!" The crowed closed in, and in the corners of the room, in the shadows and dust-eaten nooks, the forgotten crawlspaces, there was a low, moaning laughter that went unnoticed as it grew in strength.

Lynched Last DP:

Daltonian: You are Poseidon (Town)

Your demesne is the sea, in which you are sovereign. Thus, you are BULLETPROOF, and are immune to any NK.

Rev has replaced Medic

Living Players:
1. BlackVoid
2. Rev
3. Ore_Ele
4. Khaos_Mage
5. Raisor
6. XLAV/Wylted
7. F-16
8. Bull_Diesel

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

This DP will end: 12:05 05Apr2015

Graveyard:

bossyburito: You are Demeter (Town)

Your demesne is agriculture, life, and sacred law. Thus, you are the DOCTOR, and may protect one player each night from the NK.

FT/Mikal: You are Hades (Town)

Your demesne is the dead, the deep places of the earth, and riches. Thus, you are the 1x VIGILANTE, and may choose to kill one player during the course of the game. However, life never ends with death. Upon entering your domain, that player will fall under your control, and their own vote will follow yours for the remainder of the game, making you the DOUBLEVOTER once a successful kill has been executed.

EndarkenedRationalist: You are Persephone (Mafia)

Your demesne is the judgement of the dead, vernal vegetation, and the curses of the dead. Thus, you are a 1x FRAMER, 1x LAWYER and 1x POISONER. Poisoning a player causes them to die during the next DP, regardless of protection. If you choose to poison a player, the mafia cannot perform an NK that NP.

YYW: You are Hera (Town)

Your demesne is marriage, and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Thus, you are the BRUTAL COP, and may investigate one character each night while also roleblocking them.

Daltonian: You are Poseidon (Town)

Your demesne is the sea, in which you are sovereign. Thus, you are BULLETPROOF, and are immune to any NK.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:20:53 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:08:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
LOL, well played mafia.
We're at MYLO, folks, and they didn't want to narrow down anything.

I really really doubt there are 4 scum left.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:21:28 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:20:53 PM, Raisor wrote:
LOL, well played mafia.

If there were four scum left, I think the game would be over.
My work here is, finally, done.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:26:37 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:21:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
LOL, well played mafia.

It's 5 to lynch, I think you have your math and consequently your reasoning wrong
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:27:21 PM
We had used 1 of our commutes last DP. The scum team probably targeted us, the lack of a night kill has nothing to do with them being strategic.

I think everybody should reveal all their actions with the scummiest people going first, particularly Medic and Bullish. The order after that, I don't much care about.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:30:01 PM
Actually, if I'm on the right track, mafia screwed up.

First off, let's go through the players unlikely to be scum.

CONFIRMED TOWN

1) Khaos - claimed 3X tracker, wouldn't have saved bull from being lynched based off my results if bull was town because that would have been two free mislynches and possible victory so he's got to be playing against wincon if he is scum. If Bull IS scum with him, he still put himself in a 1v1 scenario with me by claiming his results and would autolose.

2) Rev - Medic replaced out because I told him he wasn't doing jack all besides push that slip. Then Wlyted SPECIFICALLY insulted his intelligence saying if Medic is smart, he is scum but if he is town, he is an idiot. Scum DO NOT replace out for stuff like this - for criticism of his play IF he were town. Rev is as good as confirmed town to me. If Medic is actually scum and replaced out, I'll have words at endgame. HOWEVER, since we're not 100% sure why he replaced out, I'd like Rev to full claim just to be certain.

3) Ore_Ele - He's not the scum that visited me because there was no provision for godfather in that role. If he is scum, he is a scum with a night action since he claimed to be roleblocked. There is already a 1X lawyer among the town. There's only one cop. So, I doubt there would be a role just to appear innocent to investigations. That plus Endark interactions plus meta all point to Ore_Ele being town.

THE LEFTOVERS

4) Bull - If Khaos is scum, unlikely for the reasons mentioned above. If Khaos is town, we know he's not the scum that visited me. He could be a different scum although I doubt that if some other scum visited me, he would claim to have done so. BUT, I'm not 100% on this so more thoughts would be appreciated.

5) Wlyted/XLAV - I've been reading this slot as town through most of the game and I still don't think I'm wrong. However, XLAV has lurked hardcore and I really want him participating more so I can solidify my townread here.

6) Raisor - Some of his posts have felt town but I'm running out of who else could be scum. If Raisor is town, then I'm wrong about with XLAV or Bull but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I do want a question answered, why did you want to end the DP early yesterday? DP1, you wanted a lot of time I think but I'm not sure. It may be nothing but I'll re-read and come back to this later.

7) BlackVoid - The one player I'm reasonably confident is scum. He just doesn't have the presence that he does as town. He insisted early on that his towniness will show through later and so far it hasn't. His play has been tentative and there are a few manipulative posts I associate with his scumgame and overall, I just don't have the feeling he's driving the game forward in a way he does when town. Endark being so sure in this scumread while being lynched instead of focusing on more viable options feels like he was trying to put as much distance between him and BV before he got lynched.

Everyone should full claim - those who haven't - and out your actions every night. I really want to narrow down from my pool of leftovers so whichever of you in the leftover pile are town, help me out.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:30:05 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:26:37 PM, Raisor wrote:
LOL, well played mafia.

It's 5 to lynch, I think you have your math and consequently your reasoning wrong

Seriously?!?
If there are four scum left, then if none of them vote, town can't lynch. Thus, the game is over.
Further, if there were four scum, they would have shot last night, and that would have sealed their victory.

The fact that you think MYLO means there are four scum left is beyond me....
There are three scum. Unless there is a TP, in which case, there could be four.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:33:03 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:27:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
We had used 1 of our commutes last DP. The scum team probably targeted us, the lack of a night kill has nothing to do with them being strategic.

I think everybody should reveal all their actions with the scummiest people going first, particularly Medic and Bullish. The order after that, I don't much care about.

Why would mafia have killed you, when they could have roleblocked you?
Didn't Raisor claim commuter in the announcement PM? If so, why did you not CC him?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:34:13 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:30:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Actually, if I'm on the right track, mafia screwed up.

First off, let's go through the players unlikely to be scum.

CONFIRMED TOWN

1) Khaos - claimed 3X tracker, wouldn't have saved bull from being lynched based off my results if bull was town because that would have been two free mislynches and possible victory so he's got to be playing against wincon if he is scum. If Bull IS scum with him, he still put himself in a 1v1 scenario with me by claiming his results and would autolose.

2) Rev - Medic replaced out because I told him he wasn't doing jack all besides push that slip. Then Wlyted SPECIFICALLY insulted his intelligence saying if Medic is smart, he is scum but if he is town, he is an idiot. Scum DO NOT replace out for stuff like this - for criticism of his play IF he were town. Rev is as good as confirmed town to me. If Medic is actually scum and replaced out, I'll have words at endgame. HOWEVER, since we're not 100% sure why he replaced out, I'd like Rev to full claim just to be certain.

3) Ore_Ele - He's not the scum that visited me because there was no provision for godfather in that role. If he is scum, he is a scum with a night action since he claimed to be roleblocked. There is already a 1X lawyer among the town. There's only one cop. So, I doubt there would be a role just to appear innocent to investigations. That plus Endark interactions plus meta all point to Ore_Ele being town.

THE LEFTOVERS

4) Bull - If Khaos is scum, unlikely for the reasons mentioned above. If Khaos is town, we know he's not the scum that visited me. He could be a different scum although I doubt that if some other scum visited me, he would claim to have done so. BUT, I'm not 100% on this so more thoughts would be appreciated.

5) Wlyted/XLAV - I've been reading this slot as town through most of the game and I still don't think I'm wrong. However, XLAV has lurked hardcore and I really want him participating more so I can solidify my townread here.

6) Raisor - Some of his posts have felt town but I'm running out of who else could be scum. If Raisor is town, then I'm wrong about with XLAV or Bull but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. I do want a question answered, why did you want to end the DP early yesterday? DP1, you wanted a lot of time I think but I'm not sure. It may be nothing but I'll re-read and come back to this later.

7) BlackVoid - The one player I'm reasonably confident is scum. He just doesn't have the presence that he does as town. He insisted early on that his towniness will show through later and so far it hasn't. His play has been tentative and there are a few manipulative posts I associate with his scumgame and overall, I just don't have the feeling he's driving the game forward in a way he does when town. Endark being so sure in this scumread while being lynched instead of focusing on more viable options feels like he was trying to put as much distance between him and BV before he got lynched.

Everyone should full claim - those who haven't - and out your actions every night. I really want to narrow down from my pool of leftovers so whichever of you in the leftover pile are town, help me out.

I'll answer in depth after work. The short answer is I really thought dalt was scum after the bp claim and reading his do2 handling of lynching ER; I felt like there were diminishing returns to further discussion; since the lynch was decided it seemed to me the better thing was to wait until this DP to out roles after addl tracker results.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:35:51 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:33:03 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Didn't Raisor claim commuter in the announcement PM? If so, why did you not CC him?

I haven't claimed anything yet. You should keep discussion limited to what happens in the game.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:39:25 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:30:05 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:26:37 PM, Raisor wrote:
LOL, well played mafia.

Seriously?!?
If there are four scum left, then if none of them vote, town can't lynch. Thus, the game is over.
Further, if there were four scum, they would have shot last night, and that would have sealed their victory.

The fact that you think MYLO means there are four scum left is beyond me....
There are three scum. Unless there is a TP, in which case, there could be four.

Lol didn't think of that. You might be right.

Upshot is 3 scum means better odds of hitting scum amirite???
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:40:40 PM

I don't see the announcement PM, but why would they block me and kill you instead of visa versa. That makes no sense. Obviously the watcher is the higher priority target.

What did the announcement PM say exactly?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:41:55 PM
So, we need the following claims:

Raisor
Wylted/XLAV
Rev
Khaos's tracker results
Ore_Ele

I don't care about the order tbh. If anyone cares they can follow it. But I think it is time we get full claims - we are deep enough into the game.

I think if scum wanted to keep all mislynch options open, they could have killed Ore_Ele and have still done so. Although Medic replacing out makes Wlyted/XLAV a prime target consider they no longer have Medic on their tail and I wouldn't let them get lynched. Why not me? I supposed they want to leave that paranoia open considering Dalt said I was scum with his dying breath. Why not Khaos? I just don't think scum no killed to leave mislynch options open.

Either they tried to kill XLAV/Wylted or they are scum who no killed to "confirm" themselves. But why would they need confirmation while I'm alive if they know I won't let them get lynched? They could have still killed Ore_Ele. The less townies there are, the better. They could have killed the tracker and been done with it. So, I don't get why they would do it as scum. But why would scum try to kill them over the claimed tracker or the confirmed innocent from YYW?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:43:22 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:40:40 PM, Wylted wrote:

I don't see the announcement PM, but why would they block me and kill you instead of visa versa. That makes no sense. Obviously the watcher is the higher priority target.

I'm not sure what your role is. Can you full claim so we have it all in one place? Character, role, demesne, night actions.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:44:39 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:43:22 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I'm not sure what your role is. Can you full claim so we have it all in one place? Character, role, demesne, night actions.

2x commuter 3x watcher. I'll have to look in the PM for the rest.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:45:41 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:44:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

Okay, let me know. Also, what were your night actions?
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:46:33 PM

Char with justification

What were your past actions an results

Why did you commute instead of watch last night
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:46:37 PM

Artemis, defense is wilderness hunt and chastity.

Night actions I'll refrain from because me knowing who did or didn't visit who on NP2 can catch scum in a lie.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:46:56 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:35:51 PM, Raisor wrote:

I haven't claimed anything yet. You should keep discussion limited to what happens in the game.

Other people have mentioned this PM talk in the game.
How else would I know about it?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:47:39 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:46:33 PM, Raisor wrote:

Char with justification

What were your past actions an results

Why did you commute instead of watch last night

I knew I'd be the target, no thanks on the justifications or results of NP2s actions. The justification is too much writing for me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:48:40 PM
@ Wylted, I don't think Khaos or Rev or Ore_Ele are scum for the reasons I listed so I'd much rather you just lay out your night actions.

Do you disagree with my assessment that Medic wouldn't have left the game if he was scum? Or any of my townreads?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:48:46 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:46:56 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:35:51 PM, Raisor wrote:

Other people have mentioned this PM talk in the game.
How else would I know about it?

What did Raisor say in the announcement PM? Are you going to make me wait for XLAV to get on and tell me?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:49:11 PM

Why kill you at all, if they can roleblock you?
You are only a threat if you target the correct NK, and they have no ninja. You have yet to target the correct NK.

Don't know, I'm not there. I, too, replaced in.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:49:37 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:48:40 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
@ Wylted, I don't think Khaos or Rev or Ore_Ele are scum for the reasons I listed so I'd much rather you just lay out your night actions.

Do you disagree with my assessment that Medic wouldn't have left the game if he was scum? Or any of my townreads?

I think he was more likely to leave the game as scum, people seem to want to play less as scum.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:50:33 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:46:37 PM, Wylted wrote:

Artemis, defense is wilderness hunt and chastity.

Night actions I'll refrain from because me knowing who did or didn't visit who on NP2 can catch scum in a lie.

You mean NP1?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:52:44 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:49:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You are only a threat if you target the correct NK, and they have no ninja. You have yet to target the correct NK.

I had no control over NP1, I would have not done anything there, NP2 I watched the best target for a NK, which I disagree would've been YYW.

Scum slip. How would you know he mentioned being commuter in the announcement PM unless a scum buddy told you.

VTL Khaos
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:54:24 PM
So, F-16, Bull, XLAV, Ore, and Raisor were all on both mislynches.

I think we should focus there today.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 12:55:30 PM
At 4/3/2015 12:52:44 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/3/2015 12:49:11 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I had no control over NP1, I would have not done anything there, NP2 I watched the best target for a NK, which I disagree would've been YYW.

Scum slip. How would you know he mentioned being commuter in the announcement PM unless a scum buddy told you.

VTL Khaos

http://www.debate.org...
And, yet, you lecture me, huh?