bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 11:18:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mafia wins!!

MAFIA

Saph - You are MALALA YOUSAFZAI. Because you survived an attempted assassination, you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd.

Val - You are the EUROPEAN UNION. You are a fantastic step towards greater international cooperation and European stability, helping to build a role for Europe in an era where smaller countries usually lose relevance. Because you know how to forge roles in a global world (and within your union), you are the odd-night ROLE COP. On odd-nights, you may select a player and learn their role, but not their affiliation.

Molon - You are THEODORE "TEDDY" ROOSEVELT. You were the President of the U.S., one who both idolized violence and sought peace. One who cared for the environment, but enjoyed hunting. You are a sea of contradictions. Because you're so muddled, you are the GOON. You have no role.

TOWN

Bhu - You are ENVER PASHA. You are the genocidaire no one has heard of. Thus, you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Harder - You are AUGUSTO PINOCHET. Because you and your cronies are obsessed with identifying those who might oppose you so that they can be "disappeared," you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their affiliation. You win with the town.

Skep - You are IDI AMIN. Or, more specifically, his Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al-haji, Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE. Because you fancy yourself a doctor (albeit not a medical one), you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player and protect them from lethal actions. You win with the town.

Yama - You are STALIN. Renowned for your desires to root out potential enemies and to purge them from the Party ranks, you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their affiliation. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod-Note: Because Stalin was certifiably nuts, often killing off people who weren't even disloyal, you are INSANE: all of your results will be the opposite of the truth.]

Ash - You are CHARLES TAYLOR. Your destructive and exploitative rule helped destroy much of your country, blocking its chances at progress. Thus, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Twice per game, you may block someone from using their role. You win with the town.

316 - You are ABU BAKR AL-BAGHDADI. You and your followers are absolute sadists...I do not have words strong enough to condemn what you have done and continue to do. Therefore, you are the SADIST. You cannot place a vote on someone except to hammer them. You win with the town.

Shadow - You are ADOLF HITLER. Responsible for the deaths of literally millions, you are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select someone for death. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Skep - Doc Val
Harder - Cop Yama
Val - Rlcp. Harder
Saph - NK Skep

NP2

Harder - Cop Val
Yama - Cop Molon
Ash - Rlbk. Yama
Val - NK Harder

NP3

Saph - NK Yama

MOD COMMENTS

This game really shows the importance of being active. The no-lynch at the end really killed town. Had Molon been successfully taken out, the game would still be going. Had the vig submitted actions, or had Yama bothered to submit actions, town could've figured out why there were two cops and maybe taken out a mafioso during the night. Town only has 1 chance every cycle to talk and coordinate, and they failed to do so. Mafia has both the NP and DP to chat, and so they start out with a coordination advantage that town did nothing to counteract. Yama's blind hatred of Bhu also helped lose town the game, because it got things started off with a pointless mislynch. In a game where there are usually 3 scum and 7 townies, town can only count on one safe mislynch (7-3 to 5-3 with 1 ML to 3-3 with 2 MLs), and Yama blew it. Town lost its safety margin right off the bat. It wasn't so much that mafia won, more so it was that town played so badly it deserved to lose.

For the record, the theme was Nobel Peace Prize Laureates (Scum) vs. Genocidaires (Town), which is a bit counter-intuitive, but I think it was a decent theme.

Sign-ups for the next series will be posted sometime tonight.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 11:30:14 AM
At 4/6/2015 11:18:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Mafia wins!!

MAFIA

Saph - You are MALALA YOUSAFZAI. Because you survived an attempted assassination, you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd.

Val - You are the EUROPEAN UNION. You are a fantastic step towards greater international cooperation and European stability, helping to build a role for Europe in an era where smaller countries usually lose relevance. Because you know how to forge roles in a global world (and within your union), you are the odd-night ROLE COP. On odd-nights, you may select a player and learn their role, but not their affiliation.

Molon - You are THEODORE "TEDDY" ROOSEVELT. You were the President of the U.S., one who both idolized violence and sought peace. One who cared for the environment, but enjoyed hunting. You are a sea of contradictions. Because you're so muddled, you are the GOON. You have no role.

TOWN

Bhu - You are ENVER PASHA. You are the genocidaire no one has heard of. Thus, you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Harder - You are AUGUSTO PINOCHET. Because you and your cronies are obsessed with identifying those who might oppose you so that they can be "disappeared," you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their affiliation. You win with the town.

Skep - You are IDI AMIN. Or, more specifically, his Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al-haji, Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE. Because you fancy yourself a doctor (albeit not a medical one), you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player and protect them from lethal actions. You win with the town.

Yama - You are STALIN. Renowned for your desires to root out potential enemies and to purge them from the Party ranks, you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their affiliation. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod-Note: Because Stalin was certifiably nuts, often killing off people who weren't even disloyal, you are INSANE: all of your results will be the opposite of the truth.]

Ash - You are CHARLES TAYLOR. Your destructive and exploitative rule helped destroy much of your country, blocking its chances at progress. Thus, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Twice per game, you may block someone from using their role. You win with the town.

316 - You are ABU BAKR AL-BAGHDADI. You and your followers are absolute sadists...I do not have words strong enough to condemn what you have done and continue to do. Therefore, you are the SADIST. You cannot place a vote on someone except to hammer them. You win with the town.

Shadow - You are ADOLF HITLER. Responsible for the deaths of literally millions, you are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select someone for death. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Skep - Doc Val
Harder - Cop Yama
Val - Rlcp. Harder
Saph - NK Skep

NP2

Harder - Cop Val
Yama - Cop Molon
Ash - Rlbk. Yama
Val - NK Harder

NP3

Saph - NK Yama

MOD COMMENTS

This game really shows the importance of being active. The no-lynch at the end really killed town. Had Molon been successfully taken out, the game would still be going. Had the vig submitted actions, or had Yama bothered to submit actions, town could've figured out why there were two cops and maybe taken out a mafioso during the night. Town only has 1 chance every cycle to talk and coordinate, and they failed to do so. Mafia has both the NP and DP to chat, and so they start out with a coordination advantage that town did nothing to counteract. Yama's blind hatred of Bhu also helped lose town the game, because it got things started off with a pointless mislynch. In a game where there are usually 3 scum and 7 townies, town can only count on one safe mislynch (7-3 to 5-3 with 1 ML to 3-3 with 2 MLs), and Yama blew it. Town lost its safety margin right off the bat. It wasn't so much that mafia won, more so it was that town played so badly it deserved to lose.

For the record, the theme was Nobel Peace Prize Laureates (Scum) vs. Genocidaires (Town), which is a bit counter-intuitive, but I think it was a decent theme.

Thank God we decided to kill Harder NP2. If he copped me he might've outed my affiliation, but then again I claimed miller. It would bring unwanted suspicion on me though.

Either way, good game.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 11:45:53 AM
As well, thanks to bsh for the time and effort he put into the theme, I really enjoyed it.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 11:50:08 AM

Sig'd
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 12:02:12 PM
At 4/6/2015 11:49:00 AM, RevNge wrote:
/in as noob

So we can actually get legitimate ringers in the next series pl0x

Make sure to lynch Bhu DP1.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 12:05:02 PM
At 4/6/2015 12:03:05 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Oh and I regret absolutely nothing.

I thank you for your contribution, one less annoying player to deal with. LOL
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 12:06:52 PM
At 4/6/2015 12:05:02 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Exactly. That was the single most pro-town lynch of the entire game.
Shame we couldn't get a lynch on Molon together, though.
TUF, and YYW
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 1:23:19 PM

/in as noob
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:17:08 PM
At 4/6/2015 12:06:52 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Single most idiotic lynch, you mean.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:19:14 PM
At 4/6/2015 2:17:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Tomato, tamato
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:21:49 PM
At 4/6/2015 2:19:14 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Tomato, tamato

Yama, you basically cost town it's safety margin, which lost them the game.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 2:45:07 PM
Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Anyway, /in as n00bz
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 3:15:56 PM
At 4/6/2015 3:13:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/6/2015 3:12:34 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Know what?
/in

I move to policy lynch you dp1

Bring it
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 4:39:56 PM
I also find it sad that I was supposed to co-mod this series but got banned in the beginning of the first game. T_T
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:47:26 PM
/in as noob

Excuse me? I was killed in most of my games, lol. In the one in which I was scum we won flawlessly, and in the last one I picked Saph out as scum DP1.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:49:51 PM
Why didn't a cop investigate Saph, lol? I told you that she was scum DP1 based on her confusion over the theme ;-;
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:51:41 PM
At 4/6/2015 2:21:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/6/2015 2:19:14 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Tomato, tamato

Yama, you basically cost town it's safety margin, which lost them the game.

^^^

This. Plus, I was gunning to kill scum DP1, and it was derailed.
- Hilaire Belloc -
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:55:07 PM
At 4/6/2015 9:47:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
/in as noob

Excuse me? I was killed in most of my games, lol. In the one in which I was scum we won flawlessly, and in the last one I picked Saph out as scum DP1.

Oh yeah, I forgot that you were here, lol. My bad.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:55:57 PM
At 4/6/2015 9:55:07 PM, RevNge wrote:
/in as noob

NP =P
- Hilaire Belloc -
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2015 9:56:43 PM
At 4/6/2015 9:55:57 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 4/6/2015 9:55:07 PM, RevNge wrote:
/in as noob

NP =P

DP P=
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 11:03:00 AM
/in as a replacement next series
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:03:05 PM
At 4/7/2015 11:03:00 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Post your sign ups
TUF, and YYW
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:54:09 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:03:05 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 4/7/2015 11:03:00 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Post your sign ups

Waiting for bsh to PM me the okay
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.