bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:00:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town wins!!

MAFIA

Voice - You are the LOOKOUT. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who visited them that night.

Yas - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select someone to kill. You win with the town.

Formerly: You are the ROLESTEALER. Once per game you may select a player and permanently steal their role. Your target will become vanilla.

Wylted - You are the ROLE COP. Each night you may select a player and learn their role.

TOWN

Krieg - You are the PACIFIST. You cannot hammer someone. You win with the town.

BLAH - You are the VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Formerly: You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select someone to kill. You win with the town.

Saph - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Vaar - You are the PARANOID GUN OWNER (PGO). You will kill anyone who visited you at night. You win with the town.

FT - You are the INNOCENT CHILD. Your affiliation will be mod-confirmed in the DP OP of DP4. You win with the town.

Molon - You are the ROLE COP. Each night you may visit a player and learn their role but not their affiliation. You win with the town.

Val - You are the COP. Each night you may investigate a player and learn their affiliation (guilty = mafia; innocent = town). You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Yassine- Rlst. BLAH
Wylted- Rlcp. Molon/NK BLAH
VOT- Lkt. FT
Molon: Role cop Wylted
Valkrin: Cop BLAH

NP2

Wylted: NK Molon
Val: Cop Molon

NP2

Voice: Lkt. Vaar/NK Val
Val: Cop Voice
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:04:07 PM
VOT, the PGO outed himself in the DP, but you made that decision without talking it over, so I couldn't warn you, but GG otherwise
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:04:15 PM

I told you guys I was PGO XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:06:36 PM
NP2

I think you meant NP3 bsh
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:07:04 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:06:36 PM, Vaarka wrote:
NP2

I think you meant NP3 bsh

Lol...yeah...but it's okay...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:08:04 PM
Take a lesson from this game, town. This game could've ended up just as easily a mafia win. Had VOT not visited Vaarka, it would've been LYLO at 2-1. You guys had no cop because Valkrin would've been dead. The lesson is - don't rush your lynches - not only for my convenience but for your accuracy.

The luckiest moment of the game was BLAH's choice of kill. I did not think he'd target Yassine, and it ended up being the best decision of the game.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:09:21 PM
Weird game. I thought an early Mislynch plus bussing VoT DP3 would keep Yas alive long enough so that we'd get basically 6 town deaths (mislynch, plus 5 NKs from double NKs) for my sacrifice and then a bus of VOT. I was sure stealing the VIG role won us the game, but Blah took a shot at Yassine for God knows what reason and it really paid off.

I thought Blah was possibly a genius for that.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:10:06 PM
My fault for the FT lynch. Again, apologies to him.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:10:28 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:08:04 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Take a lesson from this game, town. This game could've ended up just as easily a mafia win. Had VOT not visited Vaarka, it would've been LYLO at 2-1. You guys had no cop because Valkrin would've been dead. The lesson is - don't rush your lynches - not only for my convenience but for your accuracy.

The luckiest moment of the game was BLAH's choice of kill. I did not think he'd target Yassine, and it ended up being the best decision of the game.

^This.

I think it is also important to remind everyone of the value of a claims list. A claims list is a list of all the claims made by players in the game. Usually, town keeps one in the DP and mafia keeps one in its PM. This is useful for a variety of reasons, but, as far as this game is concerned, it may have helped mafia NOT visit the PGO.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:11:35 PM
Also FT was right, about not listening to scum, once they're caught. I'm not quite sure why Val would think a caught scum would actually try to bus somebody.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:13:10 PM
Another thing that could've gone better was mafia's NP1 NK. I don't understand why they went for BLAH. He would be vanilla after the role steal anyway, so I thought they were better off going for the chance of hitting one of the cops or taking out the most experienced townie - FT.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:15:06 PM
I have to say. I really enjoyed this game. You guys actually put more reasoning and whatnot into what you do and it makes the game more interesting. Meanwhile, whenever I play this with friends, it usually ends up being random guesses and whatnot.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:15:51 PM
As Wylted said - short DPs deprive the town of information.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:16:53 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:13:10 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Another thing that could've gone better was mafia's NP1 NK. I don't understand why they went for BLAH. He would be vanilla after the role steal anyway, so I thought they were better off going for the chance of hitting one of the cops or taking out the most experienced townie - FT.

I agree. After that I was kinda shaking my head at myself. For some reason I was thinking his role would still flip Vigilante, and town would have no clue we stole his role.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:17:39 PM
Blah's night action isn't in the OP. Vigging yassine--that was incredibly lucky. Otherwise mafia would almost certainly have won. Voice, why visit a claimed PGO? I don't get that.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:18:43 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:17:39 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Blah's night action isn't in the OP. Vigging yassine--that was incredibly lucky. Otherwise mafia would almost certainly have won. Voice, why visit a claimed PGO? I don't get that.

Oh...sorry...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:19:05 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:15:51 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
As Wylted said - short DPs deprive the town of information.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:24:44 PM
I really need to work on my play as town. I did sh!tty this game. FT was right in a lot of his points.

Ah well, the whole point of a beginner's series is to improve, so I've got many more chances to redeem myself and improve upon my play.

Regardless, good game and great job from Voice. You had me fooled.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:26:25 PM
And FT - calm down.

And everyone, stop posting when I say to stop posting.

Ok, I think I've duly chastised everyone now.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:27:03 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:24:44 PM, Valkrin wrote:
Regardless, good game and great job from Voice. You had me fooled.

^So this. I thought you were town most of the time, with some suspicion DP2 but overall still town. GG. I need to work on that but overall I thought I did ok XD
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:30:23 PM
I still enjoyed this game much more than any in the previous series. The absence of bhu/316 works wonders. Wylted, you infuriate me. But for the most part, I liked playing with you guys. It was fun :)

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:38:21 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:30:23 PM, Sapphique wrote:
I still enjoyed this game much more than any in the previous series. The absence of bhu/316 works wonders. Wylted, you infuriate me. But for the most part, I liked playing with you guys. It was fun :)

I see you haven't met Khaos yet...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:40:16 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:38:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

That I have not. Is he worse than wylted?

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:43:52 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:40:16 PM, Sapphique wrote:

You have no idea...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:50:49 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:43:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

You have no idea...

http://www.debate.org...
My work here is, finally, done.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:51:20 PM
At 4/13/2015 2:50:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/13/2015 2:43:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

You have no idea...

http://www.debate.org...

Touche.

I don't m8, but it seems that Sapphique here would if she can't handle Wylted.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:56:10 PM

Me and Wylted are hardly the same person when it comes to mafia. In fact, I rage quit the last game, largely due to Wylted's behavior.
I annoy people, but it is hardly my intent to do so, just collateral damage.
My work here is, finally, done.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 2:57:33 PM
Yeah, sorry I got pissed earlier. I was starving and dehydrated and hung over and was reacting more emotionally than I should have.

I had some food and drink and feel much better now.

But the points were legit though.