Jump to topic:

New Pokemon Game or Remake?

Domr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 3:29:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Pokemon is coming up on its 20th anniversary (2016), and I wanted to form a discussion on what you think would be the best option for an upcoming game, as well as how you would design the game.

So It seems we only have a few options of what GameFreak might do for Pokemon Next:

1. Make Pokemon Z (the 3rd game form Pokemon X and Y. Such as they've done with Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) However, they made X2 ad Y2. Does that matter?

2. Come up with a whole new story line, region, and pokemon. Any names you might think they would do for a whole new game? and any new features you wanna see?

3. Lastly, would be to Remake one of the remake one of the current games.
They have already remade FireRed and LG....Heart Gold and SS...Alpha Sapphire and OR.

Are we going to assume they keep going in order and Remake Diamond and Pearl (made in 2006). Or are they going to go back and Re-Remake the FireRed and Blue/LeafGreen(2004) Series games for Nintendo 3ds??

Please give me your thoughts on what you want to see in which game they try to make, and how you want them to make? New Features? New regions? Bigger Pokedex. Any Mega Evolutions you wanna see?
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 7:33:42 PM
I'd personally love a Sinnoh remake. It was my favorite region by far for the underground stuff and the sheer innovation it offered.

For a remake I'd like to see it nearly the same but with the Pokemon as of OR/AS, as well as improved Underground features.

Not that in depth but I'm just putting my thoughts out there, lol.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Domr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:32:47 PM
I really did like Sinnoh. I feel like they could do a ton with Mt Coronot. Updating the layout.

I do feel like they have a really strong legendary that would make a good "delta episode" for giratina. I would love to see snowpoint city and those routes covered in snow and a blizzard on 3ds.

I feel it would look GREAT. But then you would add those starters to have Mega evolution I would assume.

I appreciate the input. I Personally hop we see Pokemon Z come out now, and then next year, remake the Kanto region.

But Remake Kanto from a future standpoint (10-20 years down the line) so you can update almost every city
Domr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:38:01 PM
I think they could do so much for Kanto and make it different enough so you're not Re-Remaking FireRed and Leaf Green

-Make the museum bigger in Pewter. have a Team Rocket quest.
-Have a "second meteor shower" hit Mt moon, and make it much larger to incorporate Mega evolution
-Put an aquarium in Cerulean City
-Lighthouse in vermillion (where the guy and his machoke were building)
-Add Contests in Celadon
-Really update the first Safari Zone
-Put a volcano on/near Cinnabar. Make Seafoam more of a mountain. Give Zapdos his own mountain near power plant maybe?

Being in the future too, you can change gym leaders and types to whatever you want. Keep some of the oldies if you want.

I would make Prof Oak now Blue/Gary (So he can still actually be Prof Oak)
Incorporate Green and make them the 8th Gym leader. with Venasaur
You can actually battle Blue/Gary too, so he has blastoise
And then open up a mountain after Elite 4 and battle Red at the peak with Charizard and Pikachu and others.
2001bhu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 6:08:34 AM
At 4/13/2015 3:29:11 PM, Domr wrote:
Pokemon is coming up on its 20th anniversary (2016), and I wanted to form a discussion on what you think would be the best option for an upcoming game, as well as how you would design the game.

So It seems we only have a few options of what GameFreak might do for Pokemon Next:

1. Make Pokemon Z (the 3rd game form Pokemon X and Y. Such as they've done with Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) However, they made X2 ad Y2. Does that matter?

2. Come up with a whole new story line, region, and pokemon. Any names you might think they would do for a whole new game? and any new features you wanna see?

3. Lastly, would be to Remake one of the remake one of the current games.
They have already remade FireRed and LG....Heart Gold and SS...Alpha Sapphire and OR.

Are we going to assume they keep going in order and Remake Diamond and Pearl (made in 2006). Or are they going to go back and Re-Remake the FireRed and Blue/LeafGreen(2004) Series games for Nintendo 3ds??

Please give me your thoughts on what you want to see in which game they try to make, and how you want them to make? New Features? New regions? Bigger Pokedex. Any Mega Evolutions you wanna see?

I would love a diamond and pearl remake with mega PIPLUP (The best pokemon ever)
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 6:54:51 AM
As well, with Sinnoh, they should work on remastering their musical scores, I loved the ones when you were facing Dialga/Palkia and Cynthia. As well the storyline was pretty good, Platinum being my favorite out of the 3.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka