Total Posts:73|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Themeless Mafia

TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:43:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Set-up:
- There is no theme. No characters. Just roles.
- 48 hours phases. No extensions.
- Time limit reached = No Lynch.
- No replacements.
- Players who neither vote nor speak during a day phase will be modkilled at the end of it.
- Players with actions not submitting actions during a night phase will be modkilled at the end of it.
- Modkilled players lose their affiliation and win condition and automatically lose. Because they're losers.
- You don't need to unvote first to change your vote. That's stupid.
- Cutting and pasting? Sure. Knock yourself out. Who cares?
- Role PM Format is:

You are the [ROLE]. [1-3 sentences of role description] You win with the [AFFILIATION]. The [AFFILIATION wins when [WIN CONDITION].

- Win conditions:

Town: The Town wins when all the Mafia is eliminated.
Mafia: The Mafia wins when all Town are eliminated or the Mafia is 50% or more of the total players.

- No questions. Roles are simple and follow as written. If you can't figure it out. Oh well.
- Role assignment will be randomized.
- The game is balanced. If you think you're losing/lost and think it's because the other team is OP, it isn't. You just suck.
- Play to your win condition. Technically following the rules but otherwise acting in a manner that is contrary to playing the game sensibly or can be construed (by me) as game throwing will result in a modkill.

Signup List:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.

If the player list fills up and your name isn't on it, please still indicate your interest. I have no problem booting people to make room for others as I see fit.

I don't know when the game will start. That depends on when sign-ups are filled.
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:58:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 9:43:01 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Set-up:
- There is no theme. No characters. Just roles.
- 48 hours phases. No extensions.
- Time limit reached = No Lynch.
- No replacements.
- Players who neither vote nor speak during a day phase will be modkilled at the end of it.
- Players with actions not submitting actions during a night phase will be modkilled at the end of it.
- Modkilled players lose their affiliation and win condition and automatically lose. Because they're losers.
- You don't need to unvote first to change your vote. That's stupid.
- Cutting and pasting? Sure. Knock yourself out. Who cares?
- Role PM Format is:

You are the [ROLE]. [1-3 sentences of role description] You win with the [AFFILIATION]. The [AFFILIATION wins when [WIN CONDITION].

- Win conditions:

Town: The Town wins when all the Mafia is eliminated.
Mafia: The Mafia wins when all Town are eliminated or the Mafia is 50% or more of the total players.

- No questions. Roles are simple and follow as written. If you can't figure it out. Oh well.
- Role assignment will be randomized.
- The game is balanced. If you think you're losing/lost and think it's because the other team is OP, it isn't. You just suck.
- Play to your win condition. Technically following the rules but otherwise acting in a manner that is contrary to playing the game sensibly or can be construed (by me) as game throwing will result in a modkill.

Signup List:
1. Mikal
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.

If the player list fills up and your name isn't on it, please still indicate your interest. I have no problem booting people to make room for others as I see fit.

I don't know when the game will start. That depends on when sign-ups are filled.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:22:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:19:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I checked the list twice. Neither you nor your old account, Drafterman, were on hold.

Look here:

http://www.debate.org...

For some reason I was dropped off.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:25:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:22:54 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:19:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I checked the list twice. Neither you nor your old account, Drafterman, were on hold.

Look here:

http://www.debate.org...

For some reason I was dropped off.

Oh. Okay. Carry on then.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:26:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:25:52 AM, RevNge wrote:
inb4 troll game

Nope. Not this time.

Basically you can thank F16 and Blackvoid for existing, because I'm here for them.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:32:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:26:55 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:25:52 AM, RevNge wrote:
inb4 troll game

Nope. Not this time.

Basically you can thank F16 and Blackvoid for existing, because I'm here for them.

Really?

if that's the case, then /in if you'll let me.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:32:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:32:20 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:26:55 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:25:52 AM, RevNge wrote:
inb4 troll game

Nope. Not this time.

Basically you can thank F16 and Blackvoid for existing, because I'm here for them.

Really?

If that's the case, then /in if you'll let me.

Damn my capitalization ;-;
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,279
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 4:50:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Mikal
2. Skepsikyma
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 5:11:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 5:04:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I wasn't aware that this was drafterman.

/in

This is the "Mafia God" you've all been worshiping?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,279
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:01:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Mikal
2. Skepsikyma
3. HPG
4. Yama
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,279
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:08:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Mikal
2. Skepsikyma
3. Rev
4. HPG
5. Yama
6.
7.
8.
9.

Sorry Rev. I have a habit of cutting you off of lists. Look on the bright side: you'll probably be vanilla.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 6:40:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 5:11:03 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 4/24/2015 5:04:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I wasn't aware that this was drafterman.

/in

This is the "Mafia God" you've all been worshiping?

He is a great player on the top teir. I wouldn't say "God" but he isn't looking up at anyone (though he would say he is because he is humble).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 8:57:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:22:54 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:19:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I checked the list twice. Neither you nor your old account, Drafterman, were on hold.

Look here:

http://www.debate.org...

For some reason I was dropped off.

Where's your name on that list?
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:22:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 8:57:15 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:22:54 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:19:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I checked the list twice. Neither you nor your old account, Drafterman, were on hold.

Look here:

http://www.debate.org...

For some reason I was dropped off.

Where's your name on that list?

We still arguing about this?

I'm on the hold list in that post, as TGAP, 4th from the end.

If this is an issue I can just go.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Posts: 3,012
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:22:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 5:58:44 PM, Bullish wrote:
Is 9 players the limit?

That's the game design. Like I said, if more than 9 sign up, I'll shuffle players around.


Also pls open this: https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:24:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 9:22:10 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 8:57:15 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:22:54 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
At 4/24/2015 10:19:13 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I checked the list twice. Neither you nor your old account, Drafterman, were on hold.

Look here:

http://www.debate.org...

For some reason I was dropped off.

Where's your name on that list?

We still arguing about this?

I'm on the hold list in that post, as TGAP, 4th from the end.

If this is an issue I can just go.

Ah, alright. I just didn't see your name.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 10:41:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"You don't need to unvote first to change your vote. That's stupid."

Thank you.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 12:43:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:41:18 PM, Maikuru wrote:
"You don't need to unvote first to change your vote. That's stupid."

Thank you.

is that a /in?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2015 7:33:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/24/2015 10:41:18 PM, Maikuru wrote:
"You don't need to unvote first to change your vote. That's stupid."

Thank you.

I disagree that it is stupid, but as long as the rule is clear upfront, I don't care.
Also, I do love these rules.
My work here is, finally, done.