Send a Message
4/28/2015 9:48:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Role PMs:
https://docs.google.com...

Night Actions:

A few words from me:

For those of you who didn"t figure it out, I really just wanted to screw you all over for using thematic analysis.

My first time modding:

Firstly, my WIN-CONs sucked.
I did not confirm anyone as town, as Mikal suggested, which you"ll see later on.
I accidentally sent Daytona his hidden flavour, but I don"t think he read his PM correctly, or he would have seen it.
VCs were a pain to go through to count up- it"s much easier on live. But towards the end of DP2, I think I got the hang of it.
Modding however, you get to understand other mods- why they quarrel about certain things. Or notice things about people"s play- Geo"s almost giving up because my justi screwed him over, Mikal being terrible in this game( <3 u honey), XLAV"s meta as cop, etc.
Rev is okay at mafia.

Recommendations:

I took Smithereens advice when modding this so I, intentionally, mixed up characters, that has nothing to do with one another as mafia, to allow town to use behavioural analysis, rather than thematic.
So sorry for screwing you over guys, especially with justifications- which I should have fixed from before.
Now, it"s better when town works as a team. When town works together, they can corroborate, and actually find good reads, rather than one person who knows the theme leading them off, like Mikal was doing DP1.
Wylted, also, was acting very scummy when he kept bandwagoning rather than giving actual reads and analysis.
Daytona didn"t use his fake-claim.
Rev, Daytona and Mikal, if I ever mod again, I'm not including you in my announcement thread, or better yet- game.

WTF Moments:

Endark "VTL 7th" right off the bat. Good intuition honey <3
Wylted "XLAV is confirmed town"
Endark "Are you scum?"
Endark "Let me channel XLAV for a second: Lol"
Mikal "I will know if hes scum. I did enough live mafia, and enough forum mafia to pick up on his tells when hes town/scum. Not going into detail with this but i can easily read him"
Mikal "As I said, annie never watched the show and just did this for the hell of it and noobed it up so bad its stupid"
Mikal "Annie just mod confirmed you in my mind," after all that was said was that I watched the show" O_O
Mikal "Well we found our lunch , let's cut this do short after the rest of the people out their rolls"
Mikal "I'll bet you a cookie its Charles as scum"
Mikal "I said most rolls. I wanted all rolls at the start, the main thing I want is characters now"
I'm inclined to think one of the vanillas is scum and I'm starting to believe geo more as whlted is posting mom stop in the noob series butnot in her
Endark "(And to anyone reading, I want protection).
(And no, Rev, that isn't sexual)."
Annie: Vote-Cunt

I had more but they didn"t save and I don't wanna go back through the DPs. ;((

---

Town MVP:
XLAV and Skep/Ore, with Endark an honorary mention:

XLAV- He kept himself from claiming, and was able to lead a lynch on Daytona. He also read the players very well- and knew who scum was, but failed to deliver the report because rev killed him.

Skep & Ore- Having to make the last call, he did deliver the hammering blow to Ford, winning the game for town. He also, moreover, did not jump on Mikal's leadership, along with Ore, in DP1, who chose to go into thematic analysis.

Endark- Although he died early, he did have a good guess at who scum may be. He should have just not hinted at being a power role.

Scum MVP:

Seventh- Sacrificing himself, much like Lelouch did, for the greater good of his faction- he was able to almost lead a mislynch. While dead, he also kept up with the DPs, offering rev advice and emotional support, because he kept trying to suicide the entire game. In fact, I should have modkilled rev for his announcement thread chaos long before, but I only didn't because Seventh really was trying.

Ford- Judas is a pretty weird role to play with. I was going to make you a role that turns you town back after lynched when Judas, but bsh said that's be too much of a mishap. You acted pretty scummyish, as you did want to win with scum- but hey- you probably should have claimed something earlier on, to avoid suspicion.

Ending notes:

Thanks guys for playing. Sorry for screwing you over everyone (except rev.)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:04:12 AM
There was so much that was intrinsically wrong with this game.

Just work the math out on this

There is 12 people

3 are scum with 2 of them being able to live through a lynch. You literally gave no room for mislynches if that happened. Town played exceptionally well other wise this game would gave been so unbalanced. I think it's 5 or 6 lynches town had to hit in a row to make them win properly

In addition to that the theme was out the window with the justifications. Like dear lord the justifications.

i'm torn in between thinking that you added the lynch proofs mid game to balance the game because town did so well, or that you actually thought that town could hit that many lynches in a row. I'm leaning toward the first. I don't see how that could have been in the game at the start
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:08:52 AM
At 4/28/2015 10:04:12 AM, Mikal wrote:

There is 12 people

3 are scum with 2 of them being able to live through a lynch. You literally gave no room for mislynches if that happened. Town played exceptionally well other wise this game would gave been so unbalanced. I think it's 5 or 6 lynches town had to hit in a row to make them win properly

In addition to that the theme was out the window with the justifications. Like dear lord the justifications.

i'm torn in between thinking that you added the lynch proofs mid game to balance the game because town did so well, or that you actually thought that town could hit that many lynches in a row. I'm leaning toward the first. I don't see how that could have been in the game at the start

As I said- there was only one lynchproof, and that was Rev, and it was a hidden mechanic.
Ford was judas.

And I'd like to think that the investigative, protective and vig roles balanced it out a bit.

I had to change up some roles before the game started, so I screwed justifs.

There was no set theme, because I wanted y'all to analyse behaviour, which is probably why I should have just left it unthemed.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:27:09 AM
At 4/28/2015 10:08:52 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/28/2015 10:04:12 AM, Mikal wrote:

There is 12 people

As I said- there was only one lynchproof, and that was Rev, and it was a hidden mechanic.
Ford was judas.

And I'd like to think that the investigative, protective and vig roles balanced it out a bit.

I had to change up some roles before the game started, so I screwed justifs.

: There was no set theme, because I wanted y'all to analyse behaviour, which is probably why I should have just left it unthemed.

This is entirely true. The point of a theme is to incorporate thematic stuff. If you make a theme and then just go so far off that it is impossible to analyze it, then there is no point to have one

I'm entirely off with the balance though. Town had to play perfectly to win this and the fact they only mislynched once which was DP1 and still got to a 3 person game attests to that

All in all it was fun to read though, I would just really watch the balance in future ones. This could have easily ended dp3 or dp4 with a mafia win due to how hard it was to kill scum.

The vig does not balance it out actually it makes it worse. If you give someone a vig and they miss kill it makes it more likely scum will when and then you have to bypass the lynch protections on top of that
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:53:31 AM
It is fine to have a theme but make in a way so thematic analysis is minimal, but state that from the get go. For example, you can have theme tie to roles exclusively but not affiliation. Or vise versa. Otherwise, what you are basically doing is leading town to think one way, when that way was intentionally wrong from the beginning. That's known as bastard modding.

Also, I am starting to side with Blue and F-16 about affiliation switches. They only work in large games and if they happen early, otherwise, try kill behavioral analysis (which is what you said you wanted).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:53:41 AM
I knew something was up with Ford.
When he was asking to get cop'd felt townish and scummish at the same time.
2 things that made me cop Rev over Ford. Rev was scummier to me and I don't trust people who's asking to get cop'd.

Also, I though mafia had 2-shot governor, not a lynchproof + Judas.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:04:55 AM
At 4/28/2015 9:48:25 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Now, it"s better when town works as a team. When town works together, they can corroborate, and actually find good reads, rather than one person who knows the theme leading them off, like Mikal was doing DP1.
Lol

Wylted, also, was acting very scummy when he kept bandwagoning rather than giving actual reads and analysis.
Thats what made him town actually. Wylted was actively playing scum in another on going game while he plays passively in thia game. This game came out first and the other game came out second. Seeing Wylted actively playing as scum in the other game, made him town this game.

Lol
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:05:10 AM
At 4/28/2015 10:59:01 AM, XLAV wrote:
And mass claiming is sh*t.

I'm going to use this game as an example.

It's not sht when there is actually theme driven game. This game was a theme without a theme. I mean had i see one justification before that I would have never in a million years pushed for that. The justis did not match with the characters, the affils were random, the game was everywhere

Like a game with some type of theme that can be analyzed it can be useful, but I concede that in this game with the way it was set it, the mass claim was entirely useless
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:08:24 AM
Granted there was multipe mod screw ups that contributed to this

Her partly confirming endark as town by her tone

The early xlav confirmation

The one thing I will say about xlav is that when hes town, hes so obviously town it hurts. There was basically two confirmed townies off the start which I noted in DP1. The only thing I regret in this is that mass claim push due to the theme just going in every which way. There was no way to remotely analyze it.

I'd also take a stab that is why mafia targeted him np1
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:09:03 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:05:10 AM, Mikal wrote:

It's not sht when there is actually theme driven game. This game was a theme without a theme. I mean had i see one justification before that I would have never in a million years pushed for that. The justis did not match with the characters, the affils were random, the game was everywhere

Like a game with some type of theme that can be analyzed it can be useful, but I concede that in this game with the way it was set it, the mass claim was entirely useless

Fvck theme.
Theme analysis is just there as a last resort.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:11:42 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:09:03 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/28/2015 11:05:10 AM, Mikal wrote:

Fvck theme.
Theme analysis is just there as a last resort.

You can use it if there is a theme. This was not a theme game

It was a "let me fuk with town game"

The fact that you guys still won this was literally just mind fuking. You got past a bastard mod game where you basically had to hit 5-6 correct lynches with only 2 mis lynches open. Add that that theme was so out of this game that anyone that has seen the show would be just be entirely confused

This is one of the best games , I've seen you play in a while. I really have to stop doing theme anything, this game is just proof mods fuk with people for the hell of it
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:19:44 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:11:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

And we can't tell if a game is a theme game, can we?

The fact that you guys still won this was literally just mind fuking. You got past a bastard mod game where you basically had to hit 5-6 correct lynches with only 2 mis lynches open. Add that that theme was so out of this game that anyone that has seen the show would be just be entirely confused
You're forgetting that town had a lot of confirmations and vig, if Endark was alive.
Medic was confirmed.
Skep was confirmed.
Endark counters the lynchproofs.
I'm a legit cop.
You're bodyguard.
Skep is doc.
Ore is forensic inv.
Bodyguard on Doc and doc on bodyguard is OP.

Mafia was weak. The only fighting chance the mafia team has if Ford was able to succesfully get a false confirmation, and thats assuming if whoever gets Judas decided to even join mafia.

The survivor should have been 1x deathproof IMO.

Town was really OP.

This is one of the best games , I've seen you play in a while. I really have to stop doing theme anything, this game is just proof mods fuk with people for the hell of it

Don't do theme at all.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:23:07 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:19:44 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/28/2015 11:11:42 AM, Mikal wrote:

And we can't tell if a game is a theme game, can we?

You're forgetting that town had a lot of confirmations and vig, if Endark was alive.
Medic was confirmed.
Skep was confirmed.
Endark counters the lynchproofs.
I'm a legit cop.
You're bodyguard.
Skep is doc.
Ore is forensic inv.
Bodyguard on Doc and doc on bodyguard is OP.

Mafia was weak. The only fighting chance the mafia team has if Ford was able to succesfully get a false confirmation, and thats assuming if whoever gets Judas decided to even join mafia.

The survivor should have been 1x deathproof IMO.

Town was really OP.

Don't do theme at all.

Nothing about that has balance. It derives on who kills who and when they kill. If one of the "balances" were taken out then you had the situation that you had. You had to hit 6 lynches with 2 mis lynches open

That is not balanced like at all

The only reason endark was confirmed was the tone and what she said so that was a mod fuk up. There was alot of stuff that happened that helped

You literally have the mod saying she wanted to fuk with town lol

Im js , this game has entirely got me off theme anything. It just shot the fun out of it
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:49:44 AM
Role PMs:

Night Actions:

A few words from me:

For those of you who didn"t figure it out, I really just wanted to screw you all over for using thematic analysis.

My first time modding:

Firstly, my WIN-CONs sucked.
I did not confirm anyone as town, as Mikal suggested, which you"ll see later on.
I accidentally sent Daytona his hidden flavour, but I don"t think he read his PM correctly, or he would have seen it.
VCs were a pain to go through to count up- it"s much easier on live. But towards the end of DP2, I think I got the hang of it.
Modding however, you get to understand other mods- why they quarrel about certain things. Or notice things about people"s play- Geo"s almost giving up because my justi screwed him over, Mikal being terrible in this game( <3 u honey), XLAV"s meta as cop, etc.
Rev is okay at mafia.

Recommendations:

I took Smithereens advice when modding this so I, intentionally, mixed up characters, that has nothing to do with one another as mafia, to allow town to use behavioural analysis, rather than thematic.
So sorry for screwing you over guys, especially with justifications- which I should have fixed from before.
Rev, Daytona and Mikal, if I ever mod again, I'm not including you in my announcement thread, or better yet- game.

WTF Moments:

Endark "VTL 7th" right off the bat. Good intuition honey <3
Wylted "XLAV is confirmed town"
Endark "Are you scum?"
Endark "Let me channel XLAV for a second: Lol"
Mikal "I will know if hes scum. I did enough live mafia, and enough forum mafia to pick up on his tells when hes town/scum. Not going into detail with this but i can easily read him"
Mikal "As I said, annie never watched the show and just did this for the hell of it and noobed it up so bad its stupid"
Mikal "Annie just mod confirmed you in my mind," after all that was said was that I watched the show" O_O
Mikal "Well we found our lunch , let's cut this do short after the rest of the people out their rolls"
Mikal "I'll bet you a cookie its Charles as scum"
Mikal "I said most rolls. I wanted all rolls at the start, the main thing I want is characters now"
I'm inclined to think one of the vanillas is scum and I'm starting to believe geo more as whlted is posting mom stop in the noob series butnot in her
Endark "(And to anyone reading, I want protection).
(And no, Rev, that isn't sexual)."
Annie: Vote-Cunt

I had more but they didn"t save and I don't wanna go back through the DPs. ;((

---

Town MVP:
XLAV and Skep/Ore, with Endark an honorary mention:

XLAV- He kept himself from claiming, and was able to lead a lynch on Daytona. He also read the players very well- and knew who scum was, but failed to deliver the report because rev killed him.

Skep & Ore- Having to make the last call, he did deliver the hammering blow to Ford, winning the game for town. He also, moreover, did not jump on Mikal's leadership, along with Ore, in DP1, who chose to go into thematic analysis.

Endark- Although he died early, he did have a good guess at who scum may be. He should have just not hinted at being a power role.

Scum MVP:

Seventh- Sacrificing himself, much like Lelouch did, for the greater good of his faction- he was able to almost lead a mislynch. While dead, he also kept up with the DPs, offering rev advice and emotional support, because he kept trying to suicide the entire game. In fact, I should have modkilled rev for his announcement thread chaos long before, but I only didn't because Seventh really was trying.

Ford- Judas is a pretty weird role to play with. I was going to make you a role that turns you town back after lynched when Judas, but bsh said that's be too much of a mishap. You acted pretty scummyish, as you did want to win with scum- but hey- you probably should have claimed something earlier on, to avoid suspicion.

Ending notes:

Thanks guys for playing. Sorry for screwing you over everyone (except rev.)

You just did this to fvcking spite me, huh?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:52:15 AM
Anyway, Annie totally overextended herself as a first-time mod, hence my displeasure with the game's structure. This game was the most bastard one I've seen out of all the games I played on DDO so far.

w/e, gg. Y'all were OP af though. :3
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:52:26 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:49:44 AM, RevNge wrote:

y she hate u
My work here is, finally, done.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:54:29 AM
At 4/28/2015 11:52:15 AM, RevNge wrote:
yes I did it to spite you because I spent half the game trying to make you not modkill yourself
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:00:06 PM
At 4/28/2015 11:52:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

y she hate u

That's what I want to know.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:03:27 PM

Good, because if your next game is anything like this, I don't want to.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:04:21 PM
At 4/28/2015 11:54:29 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/28/2015 11:52:15 AM, RevNge wrote:
yes I did it to spite you because I spent half the game trying to make you not modkill yourself

Did you really think I would do that? >.>

And, food for thought: I wouldn't have behaved like that if Town wasn't so OP.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:18:19 PM
Annie was a first time mod that I don't even recall playing that much. So a poorly structured game is to be expected. I want to know was how did this slip by BSH?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:26:53 PM
"Endark- Although he died early, he did have a good guess at who scum may be. He should have just not hinted at being a power role."

*facepalm* I'm not surprised m8
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:27:26 PM
At 4/28/2015 12:18:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Annie was a first time mod that I don't even recall playing that much. So a poorly structured game is to be expected. I want to know was how did this slip by BSH?

I bet Bsh is actually the one who created the roles and the theme, and Annie is taking the blame like a real MVP.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:28:23 PM
At 4/28/2015 12:27:26 PM, XLAV wrote:

I bet Bsh is actually the one who created the roles and the theme, and Annie is taking the blame like a real MVP.

Bsh y u hate meh
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:31:51 PM
At 4/28/2015 12:27:26 PM, XLAV wrote:

No- bsh had to seriously help me fix the roles cuz I had town *wayyyyyyyyy* too overpowered before XD

If I still have that setup somewhere, I'll send it later.

After the judas was lynched, he turned back into town and all that jazz. Vig was also BP, or something like that. It was too all over the place. XD
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 12:32:15 PM
At 4/28/2015 11:52:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

y she hate u

Because he's rev. o_o
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY