Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 37.2 Endgame

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:30:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN (I'm dividing it into multiple posts)

First place: Mafia

Vaarka - Vaar - You are the ASCETIC. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the mafia.

Molon/XLAV - You are the GOON. You have no role. You win with the mafia.

Second place: Town

VOT/Yama - You are the BODYGUARD. Each night you may select a player. Any lethal actions aimed at them will be redirected to you. You win with the town.

(Hidden flavor: naive)

Yassine - You are the ORACLE. Upon death you may choose to reveal the affiliation of one living player. You win with the town.

Valkrin - You are the COP. Each night you may investigate a player and learn their affiliation (guilty = mafia; innocent = town). You win with the town.

Formerly: You are the MIMIC. Once per game you may select a player and permanently copy their role. They will retain their original role as well. You win with the town.

Saph - You are the COP. Each night you may investigate a player and learn their affiliation (guilty = mafia; innocent = town). You win with the town.

Skep (Krieg) - You are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player to protect. They will be safe from NKs. You win with the town.

BLAH - You are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Wylted - You are the odd-night WATCHER. Every odd-night you may select a player and learn who visited them that night. You win with the town.

Third place: TP

FT - You are the joint-win SURVIVOR. If you survive until another faction meets its wincon, you will win jointly with that faction.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:48:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actions:

DP1 - Lynch Yassine

NP1 -

Yassine - Oracle BLAH
Molon - NK Skep
Valkrin - Mimic Saph
Saph - Cop Wylted
Skep - Doctor
Wylted - Watch VOT
VOT - Bodyguard Valkrin

DP2 - No lynch

NP2 -

Molon - NK Wylted
Valkrin - Cop Wylted
Saph - Cop VOT
VOT - Bodyguard Saph

DP3 - Lynch Vaarka

NP3 -

Molon - NK Valkrin
Valkrin - Cop Molon
Saph - Cop VOT
VOT - Bodyguard Saph

DP4 - Lynch FT

NP4 -

Molon/XLAV - NK BLAH
Saph - Cop Molon/XLAV
VOT/Yama - Bodyguard Saph

DP5 - Lynch VOT/Yama
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:57:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I honestly thought there was no chance of mafia winning. When Bsh gave me the role list in the mod PM, I said, "Ouch. Mafia is fvcked," to which Bsh replied, "Yep."

When mafia pulled this off, I was fvcking shocked. They did it without a night action other than a night kill, and considering that they didn't kill Saph because they didn't know about VOT's hidden flavor that rendered him basically a vanilla. The ratio was truly 8:2, because the joint-win TP aligned himself with town from the start - and the town had two cops, a doctor, a watcher, and a bodyguard which didn't work, but still steered the mafia away from going after what NK's would be expected. There was no way, in my mind, that mafia could pull this off. Even when XLAV gave his help due to the mafia's activity (which Bsh scolded me for allowing in the beginner's game - so thanks XLAV :P), I still had no doubt in my mind that mafia would lose - especially when Saph got a guilty on the last scum in NP4.

With that, you may now post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:03:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Also, the hydras are now split - as they were only for the remainder of 37.2 from when they were formed. Also, Skep is still in Krieg's spot.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:09:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dammit. I'm so sorry guys >.< It's basically my fault.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:34:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:25:19 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Why'd you guys lynch me? I was just going along with whatever. I was a true third party.

To be honest, you hadn't been very helpful...at least not as much as some of us hoped you would be. You were pretty inactive too and we weren't sure whether that was going to change or not.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:35:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That was a game XD

I honestly thought we would lose too. If we were to win, it would be barely, and I knew I was definitely going to die. However, through some strange crap happening and molon calling Hated, we managed to avoid being lynched until DP3. I knew since I called Super Saint, I was gonna die. It was kinda dumb of me to choose that one, but I tried to go with it. Afterwards, molon held out fairly well, and XLAV did a great job during the ending of DP4 when he got another "town" lynched (Aka, Third party). Saph was pressured a lot when it came down to it during DP5. I thought it was obvious that town would win. However, she seemed to listen to XLAV instead of the obvious facts that she had and VTLed VoT. Either way, I certainly learned a lot during this game.

I'd like to also thank Harder for having late night conversations with me while I was doing homework around 10 pm. You kept me from falling asleep on a project. *high fives harder*

....

You know, I could keep typing random crap to make up for my inactivity. I mean I have like 6,934 characters left.

I guess I'll just say something about each player that I remember...

Val: You're an idgit mmkay
Sapph: Thanks for showing concern for my health back when I was sick (Had strep throat).
Wylted: My grammar? u wot
molon: Noice
XLAV: NOICE
Yama: I don't know much about you
FT: k
VoT: Where were you when Lincoln was shot?
Vaar: I like fire
Blah: Your name doesn't really fit...you don't talk much
That guy who never said anything: Good job
Harder: Avatar cross stuff? YEHNO
bsh: k

Okay I still have homework to do and french pasta to make (Val will understand). Good game guys.

And Wylted. My grammar being better was coincidence...I rarely read over what I write unless it's obviously wrong. I usually wait until after I submit it. :D
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 9:37:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The fvck, Vaarka? Especially the last part, WTF? LOL
You take the game the least seriously out of everyone here, lol (not that that's a bad thing).
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
BLAHthedebator
Posts: 982
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 11:27:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Tbh this game was a bit confusing as to who was what. I was vanilla, so I could NOT help at all except bandwagon or give my read on someone else.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 1:11:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:25:19 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Why'd you guys lynch me? I was just going along with whatever. I was a true third party.

Out of all the town's bad decisions, I sympathize with this most. Survivors are either joint-win or they steal the win...it's a gamble to keep a known survivor alive.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 1:35:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/29/2015 1:34:19 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/29/2015 1:11:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Can ya reserve me a spot for the next series, pls?

Yes.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
XLAV
Posts: 13,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 1:35:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:25:19 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Why'd you guys lynch me? I was just going along with whatever. I was a true third party.

Well, I needed a mislynch and your were the perfect choice, lol.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 1:35:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/29/2015 1:34:19 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/29/2015 1:11:53 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Can ya reserve me a spot for the next series, pls?

Actually, run that by Bsh first.

I've had enough of his scolding for your ideas. :P
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
XLAV
Posts: 13,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 6:12:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here's some basic behavior analysis you can do.

At 4/16/2015 6:12:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Took me a while to find this...
Anyway, I wasn't planning on telling my role until now because I figured if scum were new to the game or inexperienced, they might try to bandwagon if I were being VTLed. However, it looks like most of them are town to me, so I guess I'll go ahead and put it out there. I'm the super saint. I figured that if the mafia tried to bandwagon me (if I was being VTLed), then it would backfire on him. However, I guess I should just go ahead and put it out there so that I don't risk more town.
Here is an example of scum over-justifying their role claim. Scum over-justify their claims, scum reads, etc because they think it will them look less scummy, but with an experienced eye it will actually make them look more scummy.

Townies are more straightforward. Sometimes they just claim right away, or If they are going to justify their claims, etc, they usually make one to two sentences.


As for my post last night, I guess it does look kinda guilty. I didn't mean for it to in any way, I was just saying that I thought he was town and "crap."
Oh and just an fyi. I say "crap" to almost anything (if I haven't mentioned it already). Please don't take it literally when I say "I'll go fix it and crap" or something along those lines...
Townies don't do this. They don't defend their vote after a mislynch. If you reread the first page of DP2, you will all notice that Vaarka is the only one defending his vote when no one even questioned him about his vote.
XLAV
Posts: 13,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 6:24:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Now here are the things I lied about.

At 4/25/2015 1:25:04 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/25/2015 12:59:16 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
A survivor I can buy.
Unless the SK is retarded or inactive, we don't have one this game.

^ TP hunting.

Scum tell.

TP hunting is a scum tell, but what Yama did wasn't TP hunting. This post isn't a scum tell because we already all know there is a TP in the game and what Yama was doing was only assuming what role the TP has.


At 4/25/2015 1:30:08 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/25/2015 1:26:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

*Lights Cigar*
So begins the challenge of getting a noob to lynch XLAV.
For years, I've been preparing for this moment.
I shalt not lose!

^ Scum Tell

The fact that you called by my name and didn't call me scum means you know I'm town and want to lead a lynch on me, lol.
This isn't a scum tell, I was just bulshitting, lol.
XLAV
Posts: 13,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 6:44:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/27/2015 8:09:00 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/27/2015 6:50:31 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Oh and XLAV.
I didn't refer to YYW as filth because he was scum.
I did it because I genuinely see him as filth.

Lol. Fluff post.

How did YYW come into play?

At 4/27/2015 8:09:34 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 4/27/2015 6:51:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
You?
You're a minor annoyance at times who seems to be almost constantly preoccupied with blowing FT.

And Bhu... well I'm sure he's retarded.

More fluff.
These posts were really random, tbh. I was surprised when Yama posted these.

Fluffing is a scum tell, but its hard to tell when its scummy since it depends on the player's meta and personality.

I mostly see noob scums fall for this scum tell, but sometimes I see townies do this too. To tell if its scummy fluff or townie/null fluff you have to look at the player's meta. Does this player usually post fluff as townie/null/scum? Did the fluff came out of nowhere?

One time, when I was a noob scum, I randomly posted something humiliating from a certain player. That's scummy fluff.

Townie/null fluff can be players cracking jokes, reacting, etc. Usually, these fluff are consistent with whats happening in the game
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:57:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 9:37:32 PM, Valkrin wrote:
The fvck, Vaarka? Especially the last part, WTF? LOL
You take the game the least seriously out of everyone here, lol (not that that's a bad thing).

Am I supposed to take it seriously? XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:58:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/29/2015 8:57:32 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 4/28/2015 9:37:32 PM, Valkrin wrote:
The fvck, Vaarka? Especially the last part, WTF? LOL
You take the game the least seriously out of everyone here, lol (not that that's a bad thing).

Am I supposed to take it seriously? XD

At the very least somewhat, lol.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:01:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Am I supposed to take it seriously? XD

At the very least somewhat, lol.

......k
Well, if I need to be somewhat serious, then you're gonna be getting a lot of random crap. Along with that, the kid sitting beside me is looking up pictures of blind elephants carrying ladders or something.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:27:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:35:31 PM, Vaarka wrote:
That was a game XD

I honestly thought we would lose too. If we were to win, it would be barely, and I knew I was definitely going to die. However, through some strange crap happening and molon calling Hated, we managed to avoid being lynched until DP3. I knew since I called Super Saint, I was gonna die. It was kinda dumb of me to choose that one, but I tried to go with it. Afterwards, molon held out fairly well, and XLAV did a great job during the ending of DP4 when he got another "town" lynched (Aka, Third party). Saph was pressured a lot when it came down to it during DP5. I thought it was obvious that town would win. However, she seemed to listen to XLAV instead of the obvious facts that she had and VTLed VoT. Either way, I certainly learned a lot during this game.

I'd like to also thank Harder for having late night conversations with me while I was doing homework around 10 pm. You kept me from falling asleep on a project. *high fives harder*

....

You know, I could keep typing random crap to make up for my inactivity. I mean I have like 6,934 characters left.

I guess I'll just say something about each player that I remember...

Val: You're an idgit mmkay
Sapph: Thanks for showing concern for my health back when I was sick (Had strep throat).
Wylted: My grammar? u wot
molon: Noice
XLAV: NOICE
Yama: I don't know much about you
FT: k
VoT: Where were you when Lincoln was shot?

wut u mean?

Vaar: I like fire
Blah: Your name doesn't really fit...you don't talk much
That guy who never said anything: Good job
Harder: Avatar cross stuff? YEHNO
bsh: k

Okay I still have homework to do and french pasta to make (Val will understand). Good game guys.

And Wylted. My grammar being better was coincidence...I rarely read over what I write unless it's obviously wrong. I usually wait until after I submit it. :D
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 9:28:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:09:58 PM, Sapphique wrote:

GG, but that ending tho.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:51:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You were the bodyguard VoT (Right?)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:55:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/29/2015 10:51:15 AM, Vaarka wrote:
You were the bodyguard VoT (Right?)

Oh, yeah. Lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 11:04:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 8:09:58 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Dammit. I'm so sorry guys >.< It's basically my fault.

Yes, yes it is.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:51:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/29/2015 9:28:12 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/28/2015 8:09:58 PM, Sapphique wrote:

GG, but that ending tho.

I know, I could just die of embarrassment right now -.-
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 2:53:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Although honestly going off of behavior alone I genuinely thought vot seemed more scummy than molon. Maybe it's just because molon didn't post a whole lot...my reads on vot always seem to be the opposite of what's actually true.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:50:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This was so obvious it wasn't funny, and the refusal to lynch FT was ridiculous. He was obviously no help to town, seeing as how he provided absolutely no analysis and refused to even VTL anyone.

Also scum team was obvious, not sure how town ended up losing.