Jump to topic:

DDO Battle Royale Sign Ups

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:00:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(note: This was originally a game for Church of NAC members only, but I expanded it for all of DDO)

Introduction:
Welcome to the first DDO Battle Royale! I am the creator and soon-to-be host and overseer of the first BR. As tradition dictates, a minimum of eight people signing up is required to prevent the...um...DDO overpopulation. Yeah, that sounds legitimate.

Anyway, let me give you a brief overview of the game. While this game draws heavily on the elements of the original Battle Royale, it is also influenced by the Hunger Games, and you will see predominant traces of both movies/novels. The game features a turn-based system, and the survivability of the players is determined mostly by the items that are available in the game and their strategy in being able to survive other players" attacks (and successfully attacking others) while managing to sustain themselves with resources. Oh, and a bit of luck too, I suppose. You won"t have to worry about that as long as you pray to the RNG, though.

For additional information, here is a list of game mechanics and items in the game.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You don"t necessarily have to read all of the following; this is just a reference guide of a sort summarizing all of the features and items of the game. I will answer any questions about the game in each player"s PM, but here is an overview of all the game mechanics if any player needs it. I will mark important notes with asterisks.

Game Mechanics:

*Here is the game map: http://oi62.tinypic.com...
As you can see, the map is circular with a radius of fifteen spaces and different types of terrain. The player will generally find different food items belonging to the type of terrain by searching.

*To organize each space on the map, each space will be marked with two numbers and two letters in the format #_#_, where the first number is the number of spaces up or down from the center point of the circle (so numbers 1-15), the first letter is the vertical direction (so N for north and S for south), the second number is the number of spaces left or right from the center point (1-15), and the second letter is the horizontal direction (E for east and W for west). So, a space that is five units up and five units left from the center point is called 5N5W. Confusing? Perhaps, but this was the most simplistic approach I could find for marking each space on a circular map. V_V

*One aspect borrowed from Battle Royale will be the incorporation of "Danger Zones". At the beginning of each day, the announcement PM will post some of the spaces specifically listed below the map. Players cannot enter these spaces, and players that were previously in this region in the previous day will be given a single turn to move out of the space. Danger Zones will be placed strategically.

*An aspect borrowed from the Hunger Games will be the items cache at the center of the map, where there will be a set quantity of each item (see list of items below) spread out in the four spaces (these will be the only items in the game excluding food), along with the cannon shots marking a player"s death, and the dead players will announced at the beginning of every night.

*Each player may only carry up to twelve different types of items in their inventory, with the maximum quantity of each item stated in the list of items. All of the items are equipped to the player.

*Each player must submit an action during each turn, and are given a maximum of twelve hours per turn. I will decide what actions will consume a turn and what actions will not. If they do not submit an action during that time, they will waive their action for the night.

*Each Day and Night (like Mafia) lasts for twelve turns. During the day, virtually all actions can be taken, and a player can see his surroundings based on his vision radius, which is generally his range of sight. During the night, actions requiring sight cannot be performed unless the player has an item that grants night vision or is close to a fire (will be explained later). I expect that the game will take a total of three or four in-game days and that many IRL weeks.

*Actions encompass moving, attacking, searching--pretty much anything the player submits, except for actions that do not directly affect their character such as checking their inventory.

All players start with 100 HP, 100 Energy, can deal 5 damage without an offensive item, and a starter item of their choice from the list below. They also have a vision range of two spaces (in a circular shape) and a movement speed of one space per turn. The latter stats may be improved with items.

HP is generally the life of your character; if it hits 0, you die and are eliminated from the game. The damage that players deal to each other decreases the same number of HP of the target. HP may be replenished by certain items.

Energy can be considered as hunger, and decays at a constant rate of 5 Energy every three turns. Energy may be replenished by food items (see list of items), which can be found naturally in the map. If your Energy hits 0, you die and are eliminated from the game.

Fire can be started by either the use of matches (see list of items) or without any items with a success rate of 20%. Fire can be used for cooking (meat only) and grants a vision radius of two spaces from the fire in the night. However, the fire can be spotted from four spaces. The fire may be put out early, and the ashes will remain for an additional five turns.

In response to actions, I will always use this generic PM response format:

"Map coordinates (e.g. 4S6E)

Result of Action (e.g. You moved up two spaces.)

Player Surroundings (e.g. You see a small animal a space to the west, the ashes of a fire two spaces to the north, and another player equipped with a knife three spaces to the east. He looks wounded.)

Time (e.g. Day 3, Turn 5)

Player Status (e.g. 90 HP, 75 Energy)

Player Inventory (e.g. 3 Matches, Sword, Bow and 8 Arrows, 5 Meat (cooked), Binoculars, Boots, 2 Bombs, and 7 Berries.)"
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:03:08 PM
List of Items:

Note: The player can pick one starter item at the beginning of the game, with the number specified below. Additional items on this list can be found on the map.

Binoculars (available for starter x1, max x1) - The user gains one space of vision radius.

Bow and Arrows (available for starter: Bow and x5 arrows, max x1 and x25 respectively) - 25 damage (25% crit chance, 25% miss chance multiplier for each space between user and the target). Has a range of two spaces. Requires arrows in order to be used.

Boots (available for starter x1, max x1) - The user can move an additional space in each turn (note: cannot attack and move in one turn).

Bomb (available for starter: x5, max x10) - 50 damage. Must be placed on the current space during the turn. Will deactivate after five turns.

Sword (available for starter x1, max x1) - 25 damage.

Spear (available for starter x1, max x1) - 20 damage (25% chance of missing and 25% crit chance if target is one space away). Has a range of a single space, and can only be thrown once before having to be recovered.

Knife (available for starter x1, max x2) - 20 damage (25% crit chance).

Armor (available for starter x1, max x1) - Reduces incoming damage by 20%.

Shield (available for starter x1, max x1) - Grants a 20% chance of blocking incoming damage.

Bread (available for starter x5, max x10) - Grants 10 energy. Lasts for fifteen turns before rotting (grants the same amount of energy but rapidly decays twice the amount of energy).

Berry (available for starter x15, max x25) - Grants 5 energy (1% chance of poison). Lasts for ten turns before rotting. Can also be found in any areas with grass.

Mushroom (available for starter x10, max x15) - Grants 10 energy (20% chance of being rotten, 3% chance of poison). Lasts for ten turns before rotting. Can also be found in any muddy areas.

Meat - (available for starter x5, max x10) - Grants 20 energy (20% chance of being rotten and 5% chance of poison if not cooked). Lasts for five turns if not cooked and ten turns if cooked before rotting. Various animals can be found in entirely grassy areas.

Poison (available for starter x1, max x1) - Can be used on a single weapon to deal 20% of base damage over five turns (no stacks).

Grindstone (available for starter x1, max x1) - Can be used on a single weapon to increase crit chance by 25%.

Camouflage Paint (available for starter x1, max x1) - Grants invisibility for five turns. Does not have an effect if the Binoculars are used and wears off if the user attacks another player before the duration ends.

Matches (available for starter x3, max x5) - Starts a fire in the space that wears off after five turns. The fire may be put out before the end of its duration.

Medicine (available for starter x3, max x5) - Regenerates 25 HP over 5 turns.

Flashlight (available for starter x1, max x2) - Grants the user regular vision during the night. Can be used for up to ten turns.

Ending Notes:

To be honest, I don"t know if I overdid myself on this game--it might be way too complicated for some people and difficult to understand. My words of advice, though, is that if you"re confused about the game, just play it out like you see in the books or movies (seriously). Then again, this game shouldn't be too hard to understand for some players; as I said before, this game mainly revolves around strategy and a little bit of luck. With that in mind, sign up below if you wish; the game will start by May 2nd; if eight players have not signed up by that time, the game will start when eight slots are filled.

Tl;Dr: May the odds be ever in your favor, and remember: Life is a game. So fight for survival and see if you're worth it.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:03:51 PM
Sign-Ups:
1. Daytonanerd
2. SebUK
3. Donald.Keller
4. ButterCatX
5. Valkrin
6. YamaVonKarma
7. Adam_Godzilla (awaiting confirmation)
etc.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:04:09 PM
So... we aren't being summoned as Legendary Heroes?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:10:15 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:04:09 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

No, lol. It's more survival-based and focused on killing other people; generally more realistic.

Have you watched or read Battle Royale or the Hunger Games, Yama?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:11:54 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:10:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

No, lol. It's more survival-based and focused on killing other people; generally more realistic.

I have.
I can't understand the concept of me not having a saber.
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:13:02 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:11:54 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

I have.

You can get a sword, spear, bow, bombs, and knives. :P
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:13:52 PM

I have.

If you want, you can get a saber since it's still a type of a sword. Just the same stats.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:16:54 PM
At 4/29/2015 10:13:52 PM, RevNge wrote:

I have.

If you want, you can get a saber since it's still a type of a sword. Just the same stats.
Do I get a noble phantasm?
TUF, and YYW
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:16:28 AM
At 4/29/2015 10:03:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
Sign-Ups:
1. Daytonanerd
2. SebUK
3. Donald.Keller
4. ButterCatX
5. Valkrin
6. YamaVonKarma
etc.

I can't play mate, I've got exams next week D:
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:22:42 AM
At 4/29/2015 10:00:34 PM, RevNge wrote:

I really wanted to play though....

Looks like it's a monsterf*ck of awesomeness.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 2:23:25 AM
At 4/30/2015 2:16:28 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Sign-Ups:
1. Daytonanerd
2. SebUK
3. Donald.Keller
4. ButterCatX
5. Valkrin
6. YamaVonKarma
etc.

Awh, okay.
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 8:47:10 AM
This sounds like a text based hunger games Dungeons and Dragons,oof. I have to go off the list Sol's and Exams start next week.
I bet fanfics are already being posted on random blogs about us.-Vaarka

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

All hail the great and mighty Butters, who died for our inactive cause.-Vaarka

fuckith offith, lol.-Ore(talking to me)

And guess what happened to FT? He got raped to death.-Xlav

You are so obviously town I love you man.-VOT
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:17:20 PM
At 4/30/2015 8:47:10 AM, ButterCatX wrote:
This sounds like a text based hunger games Dungeons and Dragons,oof. I have to go off the list Sol's and Exams start next week.

Okay. Maybe this wasn't the best time to start this. >.>
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 12:38:38 PM
At 4/30/2015 12:17:20 PM, RevNge wrote:

Okay. Maybe this wasn't the best time to start this. >.>

Sorry man, just all of my teachers are slamming me right now.

Butters preformed his duty to the town and died with honor, he helped us kill scum, so we know have to go and make sure his death wasn't in vain and win this game for him.-lannan13

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:45:12 PM
I may get sidetracked from this, with the Witcher coming out.
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:51:22 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:45:12 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Bruh, you have twelve hours to submit a single action. It's not too much work.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:51:56 PM
At 4/30/2015 2:16:28 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Sign-Ups:
1. Daytonanerd
2. SebUK
3. Donald.Keller
4. ButterCatX
5. Valkrin
6. YamaVonKarma
etc.

Can you submit an action every twelve hours though? D:>
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:52:21 PM

You only have to submit an action before the 12 hour limit m8
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:53:26 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:51:22 PM, RevNge wrote:

Pfft. I'll be out of school and will have about a month until my "assignments" for the summer start, depending on my level of demand.
It'll be a miracle if I see the sun.
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:56:02 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:53:26 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Pfft. I'll be out of school and will have about a month until my "assignments" for the summer start, depending on my level of demand.

Wat

The game will last for about a month though. D:>
ButterCatX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 5:59:17 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:52:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

I know, but I have about two projects per class right now.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 6:01:08 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:59:17 PM, ButterCatX wrote:
At 4/30/2015 5:52:21 PM, RevNge wrote:

I know, but I have about two projects per class right now.

Awh, okay then.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 6:01:25 PM
At 4/30/2015 5:56:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/30/2015 5:53:26 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Wat
I spend my summers running errands for money. Simple.
Come to think about it, this'll be my one year mark on this website.
Heh. I joined just to get a shot with Dilara... then I found out she's unbalanced and probably hates black people.
The game will last for about a month though. D:>
Witcher....
I'll try.
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 6:04:00 PM
Game Updates:
Binoculars and Boots cannot be selected as starter items.

If a player fails to submit an action over 24 hours (two turns), he will automatically be skipped without waiting for the usual 12-hour period for inactivity until he becomes active again.

Players will also see everything in the vision radius of a fire if they see a fire.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 10:43:08 PM
At 4/30/2015 6:04:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
Game Updates:

If a player fails to submit an action over 24 hours (two turns), he will automatically be skipped without waiting for the usual 12-hour period for inactivity until he becomes active again.

Players will also see everything in the vision radius of a fire if they see a fire.

If someone uses a flashlight, is their position revealed because it gives off light? If bombs are placed, can players see them or are they hidden? Also, are all these items available throughout the map or are some only at the Cornucopia?

You might want to start this thing later...a bunch of people have exams and stuff right around now. If you wait a week or two I think you'll be good. I wanna play :P it sounds really awesome
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:15:16 PM
At 4/30/2015 10:43:08 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Game Updates:

If someone uses a flashlight, is their position revealed because it gives off light? If bombs are placed, can players see them or are they hidden? Also, are all these items available throughout the map or are some only at the Cornucopia?

Flashlight? No, because...reasons. Yeah, that sounds legit. Bombs are concealed to all except the user. All of them are only at the Cornucopia. You can select a starter item, though.
You might want to start this thing later...a bunch of people have exams and stuff right around now. If you wait a week or two I think you'll be good. I wanna play :P it sounds really awesome

True, I was considering that, lol.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:34:34 PM
At 4/30/2015 11:15:16 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/30/2015 10:43:08 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Game Updates:

Flashlight? No, because...reasons. Yeah, that sounds legit. Bombs are concealed to all except the user. All of them are only at the Cornucopia. You can select a starter item, though.

True, I was considering that, lol.

So are you going to delay it? If so, please have it start May 11 or later. That's my last AP test.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch