bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 7:41:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
THE DP SET-UP

https://docs.google.com...

There's some old expression about rain...

LIVING PLAYERS

Voice
Yas
Val
Molon
Vaar
Saph
Krieg
Blah
Wylted
FT

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 7:30pm, DDO time, on 5/5/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:05:44 PM
VTL Krieg
Here's hoping he actually posts this time. If he does I think it's likely to be near the beginning of the game since that's what I remember him doing before (37.1 or 37.2 I forget). So I want to get something to go on from him before he disappears again.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:11:36 PM
At 5/3/2015 8:57:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL Miller I think Millers should be policy lynched. It's a good mafia fake claim.

Don't you think it might be a little obvious? Scum know they'll look guilty if there's a cop so naturally they would try to find a way to explain that. From what I've heard FT is a really good player. If he's mafia I'd actually have expected him to claim something else, especially if miller is known as a good scum fake claim.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:29:40 PM
At 5/3/2015 9:11:36 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Don't you think it might be a little obvious? Scum know they'll look guilty if there's a cop so naturally they would try to find a way to explain that. From what I've heard FT is a really good player. If he's mafia I'd actually have expected him to claim something else, especially if miller is known as a good scum fake claim.

Miller isn't a good fake-claim, unless mafia knows there isn't a miller. When someone's first post is claiming miller, and especially if it's the first post in the game, it's 100% not fake. That's why the standard procedure on DDO is for townies to claim miller right away; it's partially self-confirming, and it helps cops not waste an investigation on them.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 9:54:26 PM
Well it's about time this game finally started...

As for roles, would one of you be willing to tell me your roles (I'll take no for an answer if that's what you wish)?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 10:31:11 PM
VTL Valk for having a long sig.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2015 11:17:22 PM
At 5/3/2015 10:31:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Val hasn't even posted in this game yet. And I have a pretty long sig too. And you're not still replaced in for Krieg, are you?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:03:24 AM
At 5/3/2015 11:17:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/3/2015 10:31:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Val hasn't even posted in this game yet.
Hence the vote.
And I have a pretty long sig too.
Yours is prettier.
And you're not still replaced in for Krieg, are you?
Yep. Must be a mod error.

Won't be on until ~11:00 EST tomorrow.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:07:05 AM
At 5/3/2015 7:41:51 PM, bsh1 wrote:
LIVING PLAYERS

Voice
Yas
Val
Molon
Vaar
Saph
Skep
Blah
Wylted
FT
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:07:30 AM
At 5/3/2015 9:05:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:
VTL Krieg

Vote is invalid.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:11:51 AM
Vote count:

Wylted - (1/6) - FT
Valkrin - (1/6) - Skep

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:12:09 AM
VTL Miller I think Millers should be policy lynched. It's a good mafia fake claim.

Vote is invalid.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:19:15 AM
At 5/4/2015 12:07:30 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Krieg

Vote is invalid.

Meh, how was I to know?
Unvote VTL vaar
Continuing with the sig thing :) What does the 2nd part of your sig mean? I've wondered that for a while.

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 12:21:19 AM
Vote count:

Wylted - (1/6) - FT
Valkrin - (1/6) - Skep
Vaarka - (1/6) - Saph

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:02:20 AM

He'd ply high risk high reward as scum or very lazy. People that hate playing scum will play high risk high reward type strategies, so they can be psuedo confirmed early and just coast. Or they'll just be lazy and coast.

It is kinda SOP for Miller to claim early around here, but I'd like that to change.

I'm growing kinda concerned about you, though. The excessive explanation for your vote is something I do a lot as scum, but nobody seems to notice. I'll have to see your other games to see if it's something you'll do. If we can't lynch FT than I'd like to pressure you for a claim. I'll sit back and see what everyone does for now.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:04:03 AM
At 5/3/2015 9:29:40 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Miller isn't a good fake-claim, unless mafia knows there isn't a miller. When someone's first post is claiming miller, and especially if it's the first post in the game, it's 100% not fake. That's why the standard procedure on DDO is for townies to claim miller right away; it's partially self-confirming, and it helps cops not waste an investigation on them.

I hate that standard procedure, and if there are 3 total mafia and I'm reasonably sure of a cop existing (due to having a godfather or something), I'd certainly risk being CCed.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 3:06:13 AM
At 5/4/2015 12:12:09 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Vote is invalid.

Lol, sorry.

Unvote VTL four trouble
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 6:37:53 AM
I have some tests I need to take early this morning. I won't return until later on in the day.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 6:49:36 AM
Vote count:

Wylted - (1/6) - FT
Valkrin - (1/6) - Skep
Vaarka - (1/6) - Saph
FT - (1/6) - Wylted

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 6:56:06 AM
VTL Valkrin

No real reason for doing this, but I find it unlikely that he would be town all 3 games. Let's just see how he acts.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:52:47 AM
At 5/4/2015 12:19:15 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/4/2015 12:07:30 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
VTL Krieg

Vote is invalid.

Meh, how was I to know?
Unvote VTL vaar
Continuing with the sig thing :) What does the 2nd part of your sig mean? I've wondered that for a while.

Well it's supposed to have those little ` things and whatnot, but it wouldn't work on DDO. Anyway, it translates to "I hope your dentist impales himself on a mailbox."
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:53:50 AM
OK, I'm able to get on for a little bit.
I'd like character claims as opposed to role claims, seeing as thematic analysis is important here.

VTL Yas

I'd like to hear something from him early. If he isn't going to be active, as per usual, I'd like at least his character so we know where to go from there.

I'll be back later.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:58:11 AM
At 5/4/2015 6:37:53 AM, Valkrin wrote:
I have some tests I need to take early this morning. I won't return until later on in the day.

Same here.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:00:27 AM
At 5/4/2015 8:53:49 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
VTL Saph

No legitimate reason other than she hasn't been scum this series.

molon, only 5 people out of 11 have been mafia before this game. That leaves 6 people who haven't been mafia. A VTL for that isn't exactly a great reason imo.

21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:06:02 AM
At 5/4/2015 9:00:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
VTL Saph

molon, only 5 people out of 11 have been mafia before this game. That leaves 6 people who haven't been mafia. A VTL for that isn't exactly a great reason imo.

I know. Maybe we can Character get a claim out of her. Wanna help?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:09:32 AM
At 5/4/2015 9:06:02 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
At 5/4/2015 9:00:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
VTL Saph

I know. Maybe we can Character get a claim out of her. Wanna help?

I'll help.

UNVOTE VTL Saph