Send a Message
5/9/2015 8:48:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town Wins!!!

1st Place- Town
2nd Place- Mafia
3rd Place- Serial Killer

Third Party

Bullish- You are John Bender Sr., head of the "Bloody Benders", a family of serial killers operating in the 1870's, thus you are the Serial Killer. Each night you may kill another player, though you may choose not to kill on any given night. You win First Place alone by killing at least two players, and being the last player left alive. Killed by mafia NP1

Mafia

Buttercat- You are Edgar Ross, the lead government agent who blackmailed John Marston, in the video game Red Dead Redemption. You abused the power you were trusted with, as a law enforcement officer for the government. You had your thugs hold Marston's family hostage, while forcing him to hunt down and eliminate criminals, which was suppose to be your job. Since you are essentially a criminal with a badge, you are the Godfather. You will appear innocent to investigation by a town marshall. You win with the mafia. Killed by SK NP1

Xlav- You are Jesse James. You are a ruthless criminal in spite of your folk-hero status, which causes many to overlook your crimes, thus you are the Ninja. Your movements during the NP cannot be seen by trackers or watchers. You win with the mafia. Lynched DP3

Ford- You are Frank James, brother of the famous Jesse James. You assisted your brother during his robberies by blocking others so he could grab the loot, thus you are the Role Blocker. Each night you may target a player and cause them to lose the use of their role. You win with the mafia.

Town

Trekie- You are John Marston, from the video game Red Dead Redemption. You have played many roles in your life...thief, murderer, double-agent in the Mexican civil war, law-abiding rancher, husband and father. With your wife and child held hostage by government agents, you are blackmailed into doing their dirty work. You are ultimately a victim of your own past decisions. As in your life, your decisions in this game will affect your ability to survive. You are the Odd-Night Hider. On odd nights, you may choose a player to hide behind, and any action meant for you will happen to that player, instead. You may not choose the same slot to target more than once. You win with the town.

SeventhProfessor/Geo- You are Luisa Fortuna, from the video game Red Dead Redemption. Though playing a role in your country's civil war, your role in the game was minimal thus you are a Vanilla townie. You win with the town.

Yama- You are Nigel West-Dickens, a swindler and con-man, from the video game Red Dead Redemption. You gain your living through cheating uneducated working folk out of their money by peddling home-made concoctions, that you promise will "cure whatever ails you". In spite of your salesmanship, and very pleasant demeanor, your thievery leaves you very much disliked by your unsatisfied customers, thus you are the Miller. You will show guilty to investigation by the law. You win with the town.

HPG- You are Matt Dillon, from the western series, Gunsmoke. It is your job to maintain law and order in the Old West, thus you are the Town Marshall (Cop). Each night you may investigate a player to determine their guilt or innocence. You win with the town.

Skep- You are "Blondie", aka The Man With No Name, which is Clint Eastwood's character from the movie, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". You are a man of mystery, as well as a cocksure bounty hunter. Always on the lookout for bad guys, you are the Desperado. Once during a DP, you may target another player. If that player is not town, he will die immediately and the DP will end. You will be bulletproof that same night phase. If your target is town, you will die instead. You win with the town. Killed DP2

Ore- You are Reuben J. "Rooster" Cogburn, the hard-drinkin', one-eyed, U.S. Marshall, who was played by none other than John Wayne, in the western "True Grit". You gained tracking skills in the Civil War, where you served as a Confederate soldier. In the movie, you use those skills to help a young girl track down her father's killer, thus you are the Tracker. Each night you may choose one player to track, and you will be told who they visit. You win with the town. Lynched DP1

Mikal- You are Bonnie MacFarlane from the Red Dead Redemption video game. You saved the life of John Marston, and nursed him back to health after he was shot, thus you are the Doctor. Each night you may choose one player to protect from fatal night actions. You may self-target only one time during the game. You win with the town. Killed by vig NP1

Khaos- You are Lucas McCain, a.k.a. "The Rifleman", played by Chuck Connors, in the series of the same name. With your lightning fast reaction time and trusty Winchester rifle, you are a 2x Vigilante. Twice during any NP, you may kill another player. You win with the town.

Ore2/Rev- You are Tonto, loyal friend to the Lone Ranger. Your Comanche heritage gives you the ability to tell an honest man from a liar, thus you are the 1x Lie Detector. Once during a NP you may choose a player's statement and learn whether it is true or false. You win with the town.

Endark- You are Annie Oakley, sharpshooter and star of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. You were a beloved feature attraction, thus you are the Popular Townie. An extra vote is needed to secure a lynch on you. You win with the town. Killed NP.

Night Actions

NP 1

Bullish- Kill Butter
Khaos- Kill Mikal
HPG- Investigate Geo
Mikal- Protect Xlav
Trekie- Hides behind Skep
Ore2/Rev- Check Yama's statement, claiming miller. Pg 1 post 26.

Mafia- Xlav kills Bullish, Ford RB's Rev.

NP 2

HPG- Investigate Endark
Khaos- Waive

Mafia- Xlav kills Endark, Ford RB's Ore2

NP 3

Khaos- Kill Ford
Trekie- Hide behind Ford
HPG- Investigate Khaos

Mafia- Ford kills Khaos, RB Ore

Definitely a very blah kinda game, and I apologize for that. Thanks to those who stuck it out.

I had to completely re-vamp the game that I planned, because I just couldn't get it to work out the way I liked, with a smaller group. I had to throw something together since everyone was waiting, and this was the result. I know town was OP'd numbers-wise, but if I had given mafia another member, the mafia gods would have seen to it that the SK lived long enough to destroy the town.

Khaos and Ore stayed active and seemed to lead town, though Khaos' commuter gambit could have backfired, had Trekie FOS's him due to him claiming a second untargetable role. Mafia would have been in much better shape if not for claiming a Clint Eastwood character.

As for my unanswered question from DP2, it goes to town...How the f[bleep] do you lynch John Wayne on day one of a game with a western theme??

Thanks for playing.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:09:14 PM
Good gambit Khaos.

Despite what others might say, I'd like to say good job to XLAV. While it may not have been perfect, I think you did a great job breaking your scum meta by being active and imitating your town meta well.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:10:46 PM
"As for my unanswered question from DP2, it goes to town...How the f[bleep] do you lynch John Wayne on day one of a game with a western theme??"

Well, I think it was lead by XLAV with Yama and Mikal parroting him and Khaos just itching to pull the trigger on someone during the NP.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:15:20 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:09:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Good gambit Khaos.

Despite what others might say, I'd like to say good job to XLAV. While it may not have been perfect, I think you did a great job breaking your scum meta by being active and imitating your town meta well.

I had to draw away the roleblock. LOL
Again, I doubt I would have lied if my role wasn't confirmable.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:16:48 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:10:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
"As for my unanswered question from DP2, it goes to town...How the f[bleep] do you lynch John Wayne on day one of a game with a western theme??"

Well, I think it was lead by XLAV with Yama and Mikal parroting him and Khaos just itching to pull the trigger on someone during the NP.

I wanted to kill Mikal, and I did NP1, but that was the mod error Medic alluded to.
I worded my change of action poorly, and that was after Mikal cheated by speaking after the DP ended.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:20:27 PM
XLAV, I'm glad to see you actually participated. Proud of you, but you were caught due to your behavior. You are selfish as town, not anti-town. Nice try.

BTW, the only reason I backed off you was because I was going to shoot you NP2, but the CC saved that. LOL

Your activity was making me nervous, and, if I outright CC'd you and I was wrong, I'd be lynched, so, if you were town, we'd both be dead. It was especially a good idea, because Skep's role was likely to cause us both grief.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:21:55 PM
And, as I said before in plenty of games, XLAV's scum meta of inactivity was meaningless, since it was eight months old.

Seriously, how does one get to be cop so often, and scum so rare?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:26:18 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:23:48 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Yama, how does that crow taste?

Don't eat that!!! That crow is part of my head piece!
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:28:07 PM
Good gambit Khaos.

I wasn't imitating my town meta at all. Reading my own posts makes me want to lynch myself. Really, the only reason why I survived is because YOUR (and mostly everyone's) opinion on my town play.

I don't play this sh*t as town. I play 100x better than what I showed this game.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:30:33 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:28:07 PM, XLAV wrote:
Good gambit Khaos.

I wasn't imitating my town meta at all. Reading my own posts makes me want to lynch myself. Really, the only reason why I survived is because YOUR (and mostly everyone's) opinion on my town play.

I don't play this sh*t as town. I play 100x better than what I showed this game.

Well, that's one way to take a compliment.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:30:50 PM
At 5/9/2015 8:48:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:

NP 3
Mafia- Ford kills Khaos, RB Ore

This was the worst thing you could have done?
I was going to lynch Ore with Yama, the NK should have been the confirmed cop (or, at least, he should have been RB'd)

If I was scum, I would have probably NK'd HPG and RB'd me or trekkie. You knew there was a killer out there.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:31:01 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:20:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
XLAV, I'm glad to see you actually participated. Proud of you, but you were caught due to your behavior. You are selfish as town, not anti-town. Nice try.

BTW, the only reason I backed off you was because I was going to shoot you NP2, but the CC saved that. LOL
Oh please, you could have continued with your lynch charge.
Why would you waste your shot on me if you could have lynched me instead?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:34:53 PM
Anyway, I think I could still have bullsh*ted my way out in DP3, but I dislike my scummates and I was busy. So I just gave up and said fvck it all.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:35:37 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:31:01 PM, XLAV wrote:

I could have, but I'd rather shoot scum in the night than accidentally shoot the confirmed cop. There were lots of hidden roles, and I town read Yama and Ore.
It was hard enough to get the votes, and after you claimed, people backed off. Plus, it made me a bit more suspicious. And, I would have got more useful information from lynching ER.
Why is shooting scum a waste of a shot?
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:39:23 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:35:37 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/9/2015 9:31:01 PM, XLAV wrote:

I could have, but I'd rather shoot scum in the night than accidentally shoot the confirmed cop. There were lots of hidden roles, and I town read Yama and Ore.
It was hard enough to get the votes, and after you claimed, people backed off. Plus, it made me a bit more suspicious. And, I would have got more useful information from lynching ER.
You were the first one to back off.
You said you had a shaky town read on me.
And people were willing to vote, even my own scummate!

If you really thought I was scum before the cc, then you wouldn't have cared about the 'info' Endark has and just lynched me.

Why is shooting scum a waste of a shot?

Things is, you had a town read on me before the CC.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:44:00 PM
Hell, if it wasn't for the CC, you'd all be still sucking my scum dick till endgame. so no, you all failed at reading me behaviorly. If there was one genuine thing I said in the game, it was telling y'all that you suck reading behavior.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:44:05 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:39:23 PM, XLAV wrote:

I scum read you after you claimed PGO. The CC made me not shoot you, since you'd be an easy lynch. Before your claim, I was null on you. Or, don't you remember my wanting you to explain yourself for Ore's lynch?
I lied about a shaky town read to cover me.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:46:57 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:23:56 PM, XLAV wrote:
The swears I said this game was a cry for help that I want to die.

You were my second choice to shoot, if that makes you feel better, lol.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 9:51:41 PM
I honestly thought that my shot wouldn't end the DP if the target was innocent, so I apologize for that. I wouldn't have done it like that if I had known. I basically wanted to target someone who was sketchy, so I'd either confirm town or kill scum. I targeted Endark because I really thought he was scum, so bad read on my part. I would have targeted XLAV to satisfy my own paranoia, and because if he was town it would have given us a confirmed PGO.

Well, it's nice to know XLAV's scum meta, I guess.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:26:05 PM
At 5/9/2015 9:51:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I honestly thought that my shot wouldn't end the DP if the target was innocent, so I apologize for that. I wouldn't have done it like that if I had known. I basically wanted to target someone who was sketchy, so I'd either confirm town or kill scum. I targeted Endark because I really thought he was scum, so bad read on my part. I would have targeted XLAV to satisfy my own paranoia, and because if he was town it would have given us a confirmed PGO.

Nah. I was playing somewhat scummily on purpose (because hey, confirmable and almost-always town role). I guess it is partially my fault, though if I'd known you were the role you were...well, awkward.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:26:56 PM
I did say that if it weren't for the activity, I'd have scum-read XLAV.

XLAV, because you at least tried, my opinion of you has gone up significantly.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:38:05 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:26:05 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Nah. I was playing somewhat scummily on purpose (because hey, confirmable and almost-always town role). I guess it is partially my fault, though if I'd known you were the role you were...well, awkward.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:38:43 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:38:05 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, don't know what happened to my post...

That's fine, at least I know I wasn't going crazy.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:40:38 PM

TBH, I probably would have led a lynch on you if Skep had shot XLAV instead.
Four killing roles, popular mafia doesn't seem like a stretch.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:46:36 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:40:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You might have had a hard time with that.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 10:48:10 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:46:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Actually no, Ford as scum would be down with a mislynch, your vote. Skep's vote, and Yama just going with whatever, would at least be able to confirm the popularity. But he wouldn't vote himself and I wouldn't have voted for him, so it would come down to if trekkie would vote him or not (and trekkie was so out of the game I don't know what his reads were).
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2015 11:12:15 PM
At 5/9/2015 10:46:36 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I didn't say it would have happened, just that I would have tried. :P
In this game, I can see a popular mafia, with three people who can kill.