Beginners' Mafia 37.3 DP3

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:06:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Died in the night

XLAV - You are the LEOPARD. Because you are associated with Argus Panoptes in Greek Mythology, one who was "all-seeing," you are the WATCHER. Every night you may select a player and learn who visits them. You win with the town.

Hidden flavor: naive

Graveyard

Wylted - town
VOT - town
XLAV - town

Living players

Val
Molon
Vaar
Saph
Skep
BLAH
FT

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:05 AM, DDO time, on 5/13/15.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:15:46 AM
Well, we've narrowed the list down a little, but we've yet to lynch anyone (thanks weekends and inactivity). Harder, might I suggest that we extend the length of day phases a little because that would probably help.

Let's actually try to get figure out who scum is and hopefully lynch someone today...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 9:19:27 AM
So neither me or Skep died last NP...interesting.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:23:32 AM
I didn't claim yesterday, and that was my mistake.
But everyone should full claim today. There's no real reason not to. We can catch fake claims easier this way, and it's only scummy if you don't claim into DP3.
I should be back on later to claim, but I'm about to take a French test.
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:27:23 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:23:32 AM, Valkrin wrote:
But everyone should full claim today. There's no real reason not to. We can catch fake claims easier this way, and it's only scummy if you don't claim into DP3.

Ok. I want your full claim when you get back.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:28:07 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:27:23 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

But do you agree with everyone full claiming this DP or no?
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:30:23 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:28:07 AM, Valkrin wrote:
At 5/11/2015 10:27:23 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

But do you agree with everyone full claiming this DP or no?

Not everyone no. If we mass claim at all, we should have done it DP 1. I think it is too late to mass-claim. By now, scum would have a good fake claim.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 10:56:33 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:30:23 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

Not everyone no. If we mass claim at all, we should have done it DP 1. I think it is too late to mass-claim. By now, scum would have a good fake claim.

I'd say we should probably start claiming now anyway. We can figure out who is who and try to narrow it down from there.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:04:38 AM
At 5/11/2015 10:56:33 AM, Vaarka wrote:
I'd say we should probably start claiming now anyway. We can figure out who is who and try to narrow it down from there.

We need more activity than the three of us if we are going to mass-claim.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:06:18 AM

True. But I do think Blah and Skep should claim. Have you claimed yet?
Anyway, time for my non-cryptic full claim *glares at everyone else*.

I'm the lynx. Bsh mentioned that I got my name from my bright eyes, which is comparable to that of the light given off religious teachers, mainly those of Christianity. Because of that, I'm the priest.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:06:50 AM
I know it sounds like sh!tty justification, and I hate that. But XLAV's isn't really the best either.
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:08:15 AM
At 5/11/2015 11:06:18 AM, Valkrin wrote:

I haven't claimed yet.
I'm the lynx. Bsh mentioned that I got my name from my bright eyes, which is comparable to that of the light given off religious teachers, mainly those of Christianity. Because of that, I'm the priest.

Could you tell me what the priest does? I am not familiar with the role.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:08:59 AM
I'll go ahead and claim I guess
I'm a Caracal...I have big ears...so I hear things well. AKA, journalist. I basically choose a player to eavesdrop on and hear what happens according to either their role or something like that.

Night one I eavesdropped on VoT and got nothing. Night two I eavesdropped on XLAV and got a result saying "You're dead."

Now I'd like to see other claims.

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:09:06 AM
At 5/11/2015 11:08:15 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

I haven't claimed yet.
Would you care to do so soon?

From the 37.1 OP:
Priest - Learns roles of players that visit him
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:15:14 AM
We're probably at LYLO, so we need a mass claim and any results. Given that Xlav was naive, and given that I'm a miller, I'm assuming the cop is legit. Results would be helpful right now.

We need to ensure we lynch scum today or we lose.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:16:33 AM
Both those claims sound legit but they're not alignment confirmation. I'd like claims from everyone. We need to figure this out.

Also, what were Wylted and the other guy who died?
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:18:45 AM
At 5/11/2015 11:09:06 AM, Valkrin wrote:
At 5/11/2015 11:08:15 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

I haven't claimed yet.
Would you care to do so soon?
Sure. I am the Canadian Lynx. My thick fur keeps anything from getting to me, so I am Ascetic.

From the 37.1 OP:
Priest - Learns roles of players that visit him

Ok. Cool.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:23:25 AM
At 5/11/2015 11:16:33 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Both those claims sound legit but they're not alignment confirmation. I'd like claims from everyone. We need to figure this out.

Also, what were Wylted and the other guy who died?

I know I'm dead, but I'll tell ya anyway. I was Vanilla, and Wylted was the Doc.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 11:24:39 AM
Nice, so we definitely still have a cop around. Unless bsh1 is fvcking with us by putting a miller without a cop. But I doubt that.

Cop should claim with his results. We can go from there.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:44:25 PM
Back from school. I tried to vig skep last night but my action failed. I want him to hard claim.

Anyone who hasn't outed their actions should probably do that. We need all the info we can get--we're potentially at lylo right now. I suspect skep, and perhaps blah. I'm not sure about Val, although his claim seems real.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 12:57:46 PM
At 5/11/2015 12:44:25 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Back from school. I tried to vig skep last night but my action failed. I want him to hard claim.

Anyone who hasn't outed their actions should probably do that. We need all the info we can get--we're potentially at lylo right now. I suspect skep, and perhaps blah. I'm not sure about Val, although his claim seems real.

Why blah? Why skep? Explain.
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:00:06 PM

Well we need to lynch somebody, so VTL Blah..
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:13:53 PM
At 5/11/2015 1:00:06 PM, 21MolonLabe wrote:

Well we need to lynch somebody, so VTL Blah..

We still have time. I wouldn't mind knowing why you're just VTLing blah. Blindly VTLing when we still have well over 24 hours isn't exactly the smartest move. However, it can work for pressure to get him to claim (I don't think blah has claimed yet).

21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:16:43 PM
At 5/11/2015 1:13:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
We still have time. I wouldn't mind knowing why you're just VTLing blah. Blindly VTLing when we still have well over 24 hours isn't exactly the smartest move. However, it can work for pressure to get him to claim (I don't think blah has claimed yet).

I guess you are right. UNVOTE. If nobody else is pressuring him, then it would not do any good though.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:22:21 PM
Hey molon, what does your role do again?

21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:26:49 PM
At 5/11/2015 1:22:21 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Hey molon, what does your role do again?

I cannot be targeted by nonlethal actions.
21MolonLabe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2015 1:40:35 PM
At 5/11/2015 1:30:13 PM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
So for instance, if XLAV had chosen to watch me last NP, it would not have been invalid.

*would have.