Beginners' Mafia 37.3 Endgame

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 6:59:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
1st place - mafia

FT - You are the COYOTE. You are known as a trickster in Native American folklore. Because you enjoy messing with people you are the 4-shot FRAMER. At night you can select another play and make them appear scum-affiliated for that NP. You win with the mafia.

Saph - You are the WOLF. You have become famous as the animal half of the WEREWOLF. You will learn all the roles present in the game. Each night you may choose a player and guess their role. If you're right, you "eat"/kill that player. If you are wrong, you will be mod-confirmed as mafia that DP. You win with the mafia.

Valkrin - You are the AFRICAN WILD DOG. You are unusually social for a predator, but your pack is your strength, allowing you to use numbers to cut off roots of escape. Because you can prevent prey from acting, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. At night, you may choose a player and block them from using their role. You win with the mafia.

2nd place - town

Wylted - You are the PUMA. You are known for being extraordinarily protective of your cubs, to the point where you've fought off grizzlies to save them. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player and protect them from death. You win with the town.

BLAH - You are the SERVAL. With great height to see over tall grasses and acute hearing, you are excellent at detecting prey. Therefore, you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn if they win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Skep - You are the TIGER. You have been immortalized in the folklore and mythology of many cultures, such that your legacy will never die out. Therefore, you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd. You win with the town.

XLAV - You are the LEOPARD. Because you are associated with Argus Panoptes in Greek Mythology, one who was "all-seeing," you are the WATCHER. Every night you may select a player and learn who visits them. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod Note: You are NAIVE because it is Argus who is all-seeing, not you. You will be told, "Your Action Failed" each night you submit.]

Molon - You are the CANADA LYNX. With thick fur to insulate you from the cold, very little gets to you. Thus, you are ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal roles. You win with the town.

VOT - You are the BOBCAT. There isn't much special about you--you are a pretty generic predator of fairly generic size (even your name sounds bland), so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Vaarka - You are the CARACAL. Because you have huge ears, you must hear quite a lot...even eavesdrop. Thus, you are the odd-night JOURNALIST. Each odd night you may choose a player. If that player receives information as a result of their role, or game-related messages from the mod, you will receive a copy of those messages. You win with the town.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:09:29 AM
Everytime FT gets quiet like that he's scum. If he isn't actively scum hunting just lynch him guys
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:36:37 AM
At 5/13/2015 7:03:23 AM, 21MolonLabe wrote:
So two of my initial scum reads were correct...

I had Saph and FT on my scum list, and I was a little suspicious of Valkrin.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:38:33 AM
At 5/13/2015 7:09:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime FT gets quiet like that he's scum. If he isn't actively scum hunting just lynch him guys

That's why I had him on m scum list. I already knew that he got inactive when he was scum.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:41:37 AM
At 5/13/2015 6:59:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1st place - mafia

FT - You are the COYOTE. You are known as a trickster in Native American folklore. Because you enjoy messing with people you are the 4-shot FRAMER. At night you can select another play and make them appear scum-affiliated for that NP. You win with the mafia.

Knew it.

Saph - You are the WOLF. You have become famous as the animal half of the WEREWOLF. You will learn all the roles present in the game. Each night you may choose a player and guess their role. If you're right, you "eat"/kill that player. If you are wrong, you will be mod-confirmed as mafia that DP. You win with the mafia.

Freakin' knew it.

Valkrin - You are the AFRICAN WILD DOG. You are unusually social for a predator, but your pack is your strength, allowing you to use numbers to cut off roots of escape. Because you can prevent prey from acting, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. At night, you may choose a player and block them from using their role. You win with the mafia.

Was suspicious 'bout dis guy.

2nd place - town

Wylted - You are the PUMA. You are known for being extraordinarily protective of your cubs, to the point where you've fought off grizzlies to save them. Thus, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may select a player and protect them from death. You win with the town.

Knew it.

BLAH - You are the SERVAL. With great height to see over tall grasses and acute hearing, you are excellent at detecting prey. Therefore, you are the COP. Each night you may select a player and learn if they win with the town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the town.

Knew it.

Skep - You are the TIGER. You have been immortalized in the folklore and mythology of many cultures, such that your legacy will never die out. Therefore, you are BULLETPROOF. You cannot be NK'd. You win with the town.

I was suspicious 'bout her too.

XLAV - You are the LEOPARD. Because you are associated with Argus Panoptes in Greek Mythology, one who was "all-seeing," you are the WATCHER. Every night you may select a player and learn who visits them. You win with the town.

[Hidden Mod Note: You are NAIVE because it is Argus who is all-seeing, not you. You will be told, "Your Action Failed" each night you submit.]

Knew it.

Molon - You are the CANADA LYNX. With thick fur to insulate you from the cold, very little gets to you. Thus, you are ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal roles. You win with the town.

Knew it.

VOT - You are the BOBCAT. There isn't much special about you--you are a pretty generic predator of fairly generic size (even your name sounds bland), so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Duh totes obvs.

Vaarka - You are the CARACAL. Because you have huge ears, you must hear quite a lot...even eavesdrop. Thus, you are the odd-night JOURNALIST. Each odd night you may choose a player. If that player receives information as a result of their role, or game-related messages from the mod, you will receive a copy of those messages. You win with the town.

Knew it.
Suh dude

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:49:45 AM
LOL.
I tried to make a last stand but it didn't matter cause I knew I'd die anyway and we'd still win.
GG.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 7:52:53 AM
What were the results of the night phase? XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 8:00:02 AM
The no lynches really screwed town over.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 8:00:10 AM
At 5/13/2015 8:00:02 AM, Valkrin wrote:

^
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 11:28:08 AM

ure tellin me.
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:38:08 PM
At 5/13/2015 11:28:08 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

ure tellin me.

...you're*

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:39:16 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:38:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

ure tellin me.

...you're*

i wuz speekin xXn05c0p3Xx. its ure.
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:40:57 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:39:16 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

ure tellin me.

...you're*

That makes me cringe

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:42:13 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:40:57 PM, Vaarka wrote:

ure tellin me.

...you're*

That makes me cringe

I am a grammar Nazi (you should know; see above posts), but it doesn't really bother me, but it used to.
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:43:26 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:42:13 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 5/13/2015 1:40:57 PM, Vaarka wrote:

ure tellin me.

...you're*

That makes me cringe

I am a grammar Nazi (you should know; see above posts), but it doesn't really bother me, but it used to.

XD

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:44:34 PM
You guys didn't really scum read me for legit reasons though. The inactivity thing wasn't intentional at all, since I was in school and had AP exams--I'd have been more active if I could. Going off mod psych when bsh1 randomized roles isn't that reliable either. Voice mentioned something about me "defending" FT, which wasn't what I was doing--it was an actual question which I probably would've still asked if I'd been town. I don't recall any reasoning based on solid behavioral reads.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 1:59:21 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:44:34 PM, Sapphique wrote:
You guys didn't really scum read me for legit reasons though. The inactivity thing wasn't intentional at all, since I was in school and had AP exams--I'd have been more active if I could. Going off mod psych when bsh1 randomized roles isn't that reliable either. Voice mentioned something about me "defending" FT, which wasn't what I was doing--it was an actual question which I probably would've still asked if I'd been town. I don't recall any reasoning based on solid behavioral reads.

I know it was irrational, but I still had you and FT. I just think that was cool.
Suh dude

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:15:27 PM
At 5/13/2015 1:59:21 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 5/13/2015 1:44:34 PM, Sapphique wrote:

I know it was irrational, but I still had you and FT. I just think that was cool.

That was just lucky. Had I been scum in one of the previous games like 37.1 or 37.2, I don't think you would have labeled me as scum this time.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:16:20 PM
I would like skep to say something. On the last DP you said you were 100% sure that you and I were town. Were you just humoring me?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:17:28 PM

Definitely agreed. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as challenging as it could have been.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:20:20 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:17:40 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, I thought it was going to be 2 maf and an SK, so I though Valk and Skep were mafia and Saph was SK.

Why an SK and not scum?

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:26:41 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:20:20 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/13/2015 2:17:40 PM, XLAV wrote:
Lol, I thought it was going to be 2 maf and an SK, so I though Valk and Skep were mafia and Saph was SK.

Why an SK and not scum?

SK is scum, lol.

I thought you were SK when you claimed vig. I remember a post that didn't feel right so I didn't trust your claim. Also this is the first time I've encountered a werewolf role, so I never though mafia could have a double NK.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:39:00 PM
Actions:

NP1:

Valkrin - NK Wylted
Saph - eat VOT (guess - vanilla)
FT - frame Skep
Valkrin - roleblock Skep
BLAH - cop XLAV
XLAV - watch VOT
Vaarka - eavesdrop on VOT

NP2:

Valkrin - NK XLAV
FT - frame Skep
Valkrin - roleblock Saph
BLAH - cop Valkrin
XLAV - watch Saph
Vaarka - eavesdrop on XLAV

NP3:
FT - NK BLAH
Saph - eat Skep (guess - bulletproof)
BLAH - cop Molon
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2015 2:47:49 PM
At 5/13/2015 2:45:26 PM, XLAV wrote:
Seriously though, that werewolf role is so OP. Making me legit watcher could have balanced the game.

But town also had doc, cop, bulletproof, and ascetic. We thought town was OP.