Jump to topic:

A funny mafia story

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 12:32:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For those who didn't play on Hangouts yesterday.

So Joey is putting together a game, and it's taking hours. So I'm just playing Diablo waiting for the game to start. It finally does. I figure I'll just keep playing and listen to the game. I don't even bother checking my role PM. Matt pushes me to talk. I pressure Khaos to claim, and disbelieve his claim, while continuing to play Diablo.

Joey asks us to give night actions. I say I waive and plan to waive the rest of the game. And oh, I might be scum, I have no idea what my role PM says.

Who is NK'ed NP1? Me. Does town ever think to question Khaos' affiliation based on my death? Nope.

What was bullish's ultimate reason for killing me, even tho I avowed to basically not play the game? "You're bluesteel."

I still think it had something to do with me immediately narrowing in on his scum partner and advocating his lynch DP1. But whatever. What's the point of me even playing live mafia. I die on NP1 every single game, whether I'm even really playing or not.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 1:36:03 PM
You guys wanna know what role he was, which he conveniently left out?

He was doctor, who could self-protect.

It was his own damn fault and utter disregard for the game that got himself killed and lost him the game. This thread is pointless.
0x5f3759df
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 1:39:20 PM
You wanna know what my role was?
Ninja Godfather JOAT.

Why would I be afraid of your FOS, and why should players just believe you are not going to play?
Actually, this begs the question: why did you play if you had no intention of really playing?
My work here is, finally, done.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 3:13:47 PM
At 5/16/2015 1:39:20 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Ninja Godfather JOAT.

Lol.

It was some of my best work.

You are the NINJA GODFATHR JOAT. As you name implies, you will be undetected by watcher and tracker reports, and will appear innocent on cop reports and as a vanilla on dreamer reports. You will have the following one-of abilities, only one of which you may activate each night phase:

-Framer: You may designate one player; if he is the target of an investigative role, such as a cop, he will appear guilty.
-Ascetic: For this night phase you invoke this ability, non-lethal night actions won"t have any effect on you.
-Marksman: You may declare one player, who will become "marked." If this player is lynched during the following day phase, you will obtain a kill, in addition to the mafia kill, which you will be able to access during the subsequent day phase.

As per usual, you and your scum partner will designate one player per night phase to night-kill. You reserve the ability to waive, and to specify who carries out that kill. You win with the mafia.

~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 3:36:57 PM
At 5/16/2015 12:32:23 PM, bluesteel wrote:
So Joey is putting together a game, and it's taking hours.

Hey, perfection takes time.

I will also note that this is the fourth straight game - only one of which was an all-vanilla game - where I haven't made a single mod error. That isn't to say that I usually do, though there have admittedly been a few in the past.

DDO's Economics Messiah
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 3:39:45 PM

So Joey is putting together a game, and it's taking hours. So I'm just playing Diablo waiting for the game to start. It finally does. I figure I'll just keep playing and listen to the game. I don't even bother checking my role PM. Matt pushes me to talk. I pressure Khaos to claim, and disbelieve his claim, while continuing to play Diablo.

Joey asks us to give night actions. I say I waive and plan to waive the rest of the game. And oh, I might be scum, I have no idea what my role PM says.

Who is NK'ed NP1? Me. Does town ever think to question Khaos' affiliation based on my death? Nope.

What was bullish's ultimate reason for killing me, even tho I avowed to basically not play the game? "You're bluesteel."

I still think it had something to do with me immediately narrowing in on his scum partner and advocating his lynch DP1. But whatever. What's the point of me even playing live mafia. I die on NP1 every single game, whether I'm even really playing or not.

I didn't laugh.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:45:58 PM
At 5/16/2015 3:36:57 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
So Joey is putting together a game, and it's taking hours.

Hey, perfection takes time.

I will also note that this is the fourth straight game - only one of which was an all-vanilla game - where I haven't made a single mod error. That isn't to say that I usually do, though there have admittedly been a few in the past.

claps -- that was impressive
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:46:24 PM
At 5/16/2015 3:39:45 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I didn't laugh.

You'd think it was funnier if i was still listed as a girl :p
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:47:42 PM
At 5/16/2015 4:46:24 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I didn't laugh.

No, I wouldn't. I always knew you were a guy. In fact, I know your name too.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:58:16 PM
At 5/16/2015 4:47:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I didn't laugh.

...congrats
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 4:59:00 PM
At 5/16/2015 4:58:16 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 5/16/2015 4:47:42 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I didn't laugh.

...congrats

Thanks.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:31:16 PM
At 5/16/2015 7:02:10 PM, Maikuru wrote:
This is what happens when people play without me.

Where were you?! I told you directly to join the hangout or we were lynching you - or having Raisor vig you.

DDO's Economics Messiah
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:46:34 PM
At 5/16/2015 8:31:16 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Where were you?! I told you directly to join the hangout or we were lynching you - or having Raisor vig you.

Don't think I won't regret it for the rest of my days.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:47:11 PM
At 5/16/2015 8:46:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/16/2015 8:31:16 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Don't think I won't regret it for the rest of my days.

https://plus.google.com...

DDO's Economics Messiah
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 8:48:13 PM
At 5/16/2015 7:07:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
That wasn't really that funny at all.

But, the conversation that followed the game was awkward.
My work here is, finally, done.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2015 11:45:26 PM
Ninja Godfather JOAT.

That sounds OP af.

As expected of a Joey game.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2015 12:51:46 PM
At 5/16/2015 11:45:26 PM, RevNge wrote:
Ninja Godfather JOAT.

That sounds OP af.

As expected of a Joey game.

I can send you the setup - the role sounds OP by itself, but the town also had several power roles.

DDO's Economics Messiah