Total Posts:180|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Prog Rock Mafia - DP1

Subutai
Posts: 3,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 11:10:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Welcome everyone to progressive rock mafia!

Just as a reminder, you need to post at least once per DP, and you need to submit your night action. Failure to do so will result in a warning for the first time and replacement the second time. Please do not talk about this game outside these threads and each of your assigned PMs. This happened in my last game, and I don't want it happening again. Any instance of it will result in immediate replacement. And please don't copy and paste your role PM when claiming. Any instance of it will result in the destruction of the role itself.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. ShabShoral
2. numberwang
3. Skepsikyma
4. Khaos_Mage
5. lannan13
6. YamaVonKarma
7. Sapphique
8. 9spaceking
9. Wylted
10. RevNge
11. headphonegut
12.That1User

It takes 7 votes to lynch.
The DP ends no later than 12:00 PM, DDO time, Sunday (5/24) (I know this is a bit long, but this is to accommodate people's schedules).

Good luck to everyone.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:24:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Haha, no.

VTL Bossy

If anyone here can figure anything out about the theme, it's you. And you have much more incentive to make role information available to yourself a scum than you do as town.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:27:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
PUBLIC BULLETIN

Why DP1 mass claims are derpy:

http://www.debate.org...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:35:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:24:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Haha, no.

VTL Bossy

If anyone here can figure anything out about the theme, it's you. And you have much more incentive to make role information available to yourself a scum than you do as town.

It's statistically more likely that I'm town than scum. Ergo, if I'm the one most able to figure out the theme's division between scum and town, you should give me the information needed to do so just because it's likely that the result will be pro-town.

Also, if I know enough about the theme to figure it out, then I could do so by looking at the others in my mafia PM. I wouldn't need a mass-claim, especially (and here's the big point) in a game where roles are not necessarily tied to characters in ways that can be found out prima facie.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:37:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:27:10 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
PUBLIC BULLETIN

Why DP1 mass claims are derpy:

http://www.debate.org...

I'm not reading a whole game just to see your point. Be concise, pet.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:43:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:37:04 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:27:10 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
PUBLIC BULLETIN

Why DP1 mass claims are derpy:

http://www.debate.org...


I'm not reading a whole game just to see your point. Be concise, pet.

Mikal did the exact same thing that you were doing. He was wrong. Staggeringly wrong, and lynched me, the doctor, DP1 in order to push his mass claim. Medic was intelligent enough to resurrect me NP1, and we went on to win the game on the strength of behavioral analysis, despite scum picking off all of our power roles one by one due to the ill-conceived information dump DP1.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:46:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:35:45 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:24:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Haha, no.

VTL Bossy

If anyone here can figure anything out about the theme, it's you. And you have much more incentive to make role information available to yourself a scum than you do as town.

It's statistically more likely that I'm town than scum. Ergo, if I'm the one most able to figure out the theme's division between scum and town, you should give me the information needed to do so just because it's likely that the result will be pro-town.

Also, if I know enough about the theme to figure it out, then I could do so by looking at the others in my mafia PM. I wouldn't need a mass-claim, especially (and here's the big point) in a game where roles are not necessarily tied to characters in ways that can be found out prima facie.

And how have you deduced this, from seeing only your own solitary role? Or are you pulling from a larger sample size?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:49:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:46:19 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:35:45 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:24:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Haha, no.

VTL Bossy

If anyone here can figure anything out about the theme, it's you. And you have much more incentive to make role information available to yourself a scum than you do as town.

It's statistically more likely that I'm town than scum. Ergo, if I'm the one most able to figure out the theme's division between scum and town, you should give me the information needed to do so just because it's likely that the result will be pro-town.

Also, if I know enough about the theme to figure it out, then I could do so by looking at the others in my mafia PM. I wouldn't need a mass-claim, especially (and here's the big point) in a game where roles are not necessarily tied to characters in ways that can be found out prima facie.

And how have you deduced this, from seeing only your own solitary role? Or are you pulling from a larger sample size?

Name 1 prog rock band that is inherently linked to a mafia role.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 12:50:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:43:11 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:37:04 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:27:10 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
PUBLIC BULLETIN

Why DP1 mass claims are derpy:

http://www.debate.org...


I'm not reading a whole game just to see your point. Be concise, pet.

Mikal did the exact same thing that you were doing. He was wrong. Staggeringly wrong, and lynched me, the doctor, DP1 in order to push his mass claim. Medic was intelligent enough to resurrect me NP1, and we went on to win the game on the strength of behavioral analysis, despite scum picking off all of our power roles one by one due to the ill-conceived information dump DP1.

Here's the difference: I won't be wrong.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 1:08:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:50:09 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Here's the difference: I won't be wrong.

How can you be that certain? From the games I've played (not many, so maybe I'm wrong here), trying to put a lot of info on the table in DP1 hurts town more than it helps them.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ShabShoral
Posts: 3,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 1:22:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 1:08:48 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:50:09 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Here's the difference: I won't be wrong.

How can you be that certain?

Because I know the theme well enough to know when something is obvious and when something should not be chased further.

From the games I've played (not many, so maybe I'm wrong here), trying to put a lot of info on the table in DP1 hurts town more than it helps them.

This information, as I've explained, is, in the worst-case scenario, completely inert.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:08:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:27:10 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
PUBLIC BULLETIN

Why DP1 mass claims are derpy:

http://www.debate.org...

I loved that game. I can't believe that was over a year ago.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:12:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm going to go ahead and claim now since I'll be inactive on weekends and I've had a health scare this past weekend. I'm Dream Theater.

I win with the Town. For a just in case there just so happens to be a lie detector.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:13:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Maybe not so much evil as just flat out bad. Here's a list of possibilities. http://rateyourmusic.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:29:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I like Lannan, too.
Skep and Lannan, flock to me, and we shall overcome this villianous foe!!!

Numberwang, let's lynch Bossy.
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:32:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
VTL Rev
You know what time it is Rev. The other DP1 inactives are next.

I'm not down with lynching bossy right now based on theme, since I know nothing about progressive rock.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:36:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:32:11 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
VTL Rev
You know what time it is Rev. The other DP1 inactives are next.

I'm not down with lynching bossy right now based on theme, since I know nothing about progressive rock.

1. Inactive? It's been nine hours, and those hours have been in the night.
2. Who says people are lynching Bossy on theme?
My work here is, finally, done.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:41:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:36:43 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:32:11 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
VTL Rev
You know what time it is Rev. The other DP1 inactives are next.

I'm not down with lynching bossy right now based on theme, since I know nothing about progressive rock.

1. Inactive? It's been nine hours, and those hours have been in the night.
Not gonna talk me out of Rev's claim.
2. Who says people are lynching Bossy on theme?
There is no other reason to lynch him, aside from his mass claim wanting idiocy. You see Khaos, stupid ideas do not make someone mafia.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:45:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.

Explain. My band is equally horrible.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:47:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:45:47 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.

Explain. My band is equally horrible.

How so?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:50:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:47:18 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:45:47 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.

Explain. My band is equally horrible.

How so?
In the sense that all of these bands are equally horrible.
So worse is subjective.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:51:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:50:21 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:47:18 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:45:47 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.

Explain. My band is equally horrible.

How so?
In the sense that all of these bands are equally horrible.
So worse is subjective.

Well I know that on the grounds that this isn't my favorite type of music, but the point is how is yours "worse?"
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:55:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/21/2015 8:51:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:50:21 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:47:18 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:45:47 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 5/21/2015 8:22:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:23:48 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 5/21/2015 12:07:36 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/20/2015 11:50:17 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
Mass character claim, please. There's almost no way to deduce roles from characters (I can't think of a single example that would work), so there's no reason not to try to figure out the theme.

Hmmmm. I dont know about mass claiming if it offers no help in determining roles. What help what it offer in determining alignment? Here in DDO the two are almost the same thing because of roles being inherently "evil". What prog rock band would be "evil". Unless we assume that mafia are not prog rock bands.

Okay lets mass claim, or I should say I am okay with mass claiming.

Either we can't get anything out of it (in which case there's no harm in it), we can see some kind of pattern (no idea what it would be) that lets us tell the mafia apart from town, or mafia tries to fakeclaim and gives us another way to catch them in a lie. There's no downside.

I'll start: I'm Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.

What's your justification. They're one of THE WORST Prog Rock bands of all time.

Explain. My band is equally horrible.

How so?
In the sense that all of these bands are equally horrible.
So worse is subjective.

Well I know that on the grounds that this isn't my favorite type of music, but the point is how is yours "worse?"
It'll make sense when I'm actually moved to claim it.
Due to my immense dislike of gospel and prog, it will be apparent as to why I not only dislike my character but also hate this genre of music.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2015 8:56:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yama, why are you arguing about a theme analysis about someone who's vote isn't even on Bossy?

When Bossy flips scum, I'm gunning for you next.
My work here is, finally, done.