trekie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 5:38:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Graveyard:

Player: XLAV
Character: I Am Legion (http://tvtropes.org...)
Role: Double Voter - Your vote may have the weight of two. To avoid confusion, you must post 2xVTL [Player Name] when you intend to use both votes (even if you already have a standing vote against that player.) Unvoting will always remove all standing votes.
"There is no individual. We are all geth. There are currently 1,183 programs active within this platform." - Mass Effect 2
Affiliation/Win Condition: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.

Player: TN05
Character: Plot-Sensitive Snooping Skills (http://tvtropes.org...)
Role: Quote Cop - Each night you may target another player. You will learn what medium their quote is from.
"Man, for someone with like fifty different kinds of vision, you are so blind." - Justice League Unlimited
Affiliation/Win Condition: You win with the Town. The Town wins when it eliminates all opposing factions.

Living Players
1. SolonKR
2. EndarkenedRationalist
3. Khaos_Mage
4. Skepsikyma
5. daytonanerd
6. ford_prefect
7. YamaVonKarma
8. Yraelz/FT
9. headphonegut
10. Raisor
11. Geographia

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

~76 hours remaining
The DP will end no later than 10:00 PM, DDO time, Thursday, May 28th.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:08:02 PM
Why didn't XLAV just confirm his role?
-_-

Regardless, his death isn't terrible--we DID get some pretty useful info out of it. The wagon on Daytona yesterday, given this info, was probably entirely town-driven. Endark switched his vote from Ford to Daytona, not Ford to XLAV; if he were scum, he would have been more likely to go with the easy wagon. Therefore, I have to switch reads on him. Ford is probably not scum, which seems evident from the makeup of his wagon. I think Daytona and Raisor are good choices for today's lynch. I still am not sure what to make of Skep; his time away was largely during the most important part of the DP.

Regardless, VTL Daytona for claim.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:50:54 PM
At 5/25/2015 6:40:45 PM, headphonegut wrote:
daytona visited tn05

Unvote VTL Dayt
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:55:43 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why XLAV wouldn't verify his claim...

VTL Daytona for full claim.

You've got some 'splainin to do.

I'm going to reread DP1 later today to try and figure out why they killed TN05. He was pretty widely scumread.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 6:57:48 PM
At 5/25/2015 6:40:45 PM, headphonegut wrote:
daytona visited tn05

So. Why TN05 of all people?
TUF, and YYW
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 7:37:36 PM
Unvote.
He'll be lynched, but let's not end the DP just yet.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 7:58:21 PM
At 5/25/2015 7:56:54 PM, Yraelz wrote:
He was at L-2 guys, relax. It takes 6 votes to lynch. He had 4 with my vote included.

It was actually 5: Solon, you, HPG, Yama, and Skep
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:11:51 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:08:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/25/2015 7:44:14 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Oh. He's at L-1 that quick?
Unvote
HPG, answer me.

Why ask HPG?

Because it's too convenient for Solon to start a wagon immediately and HPG come in with proof to gain it steam.

I want his explanation for targeting TN05. Clearly, he's a watcher and would have learned nothing of his movement. Therefore making it pointless for him to check him if he scum read him.
TUF, and YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:12:23 PM
He was probably just killed because his role claim could only fit an investigative role.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:13:07 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:11:51 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Unvote
HPG, answer me.

Why ask HPG?

Because it's too convenient for Solon to start a wagon immediately and HPG come in with proof to gain it steam.

Are you suggesting a Solon/HPG team?

I want his explanation for targeting TN05. Clearly, he's a watcher and would have learned nothing of his movement. Therefore making it pointless for him to check him if he scum read him.

Oh, I guess he could be a watcher. I interpreted him as being a tracker. But okay.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:13:20 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:08:09 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Daytona

Tried to do this yesterday. Don't know why it was so hard.

This should be L-2.

Can you please give me a detailed explanation of why you townread XLAV?
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:15:14 PM
At 5/25/2015 7:56:54 PM, Yraelz wrote:
He was at L-2 guys, relax. It takes 6 votes to lynch. He had 4 with my vote included.

If it is okay with Trekie, could you guys C & P the relevant sections of your hydra PM where you discussed XLAV's affiliation? The rules don't seem to strictly ban it. If that's not okay, could you please give me a rundown of why you lynched him?
- Hilaire Belloc -
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:16:28 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:13:07 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:11:51 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Unvote
HPG, answer me.

Why ask HPG?

Are you suggesting a Solon/HPG team?
I'm definitely suggesting shenanigans are afoot. After all, we're not only hunting mafia this game.

Oh, I guess he could be a watcher. I interpreted him as being a tracker. But okay.
I got Watcher
TUF, and YYW
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:18:04 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:13:20 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
VTL Daytona

This should be L-2.

I thought you were re-reading the last DP? I explained my town-read there. XLAV's posts demonstrated interest, something he doesn't have as scum. He was abrasive in his replies to TN05 when asked to mass claim, which conforms to XLAV's town meta. He disputed theme analysis, calling it and any character claims, including TN05's, into question. This is consistent with disparaging a mass claim, since scum with given fake claims would easily gain undue town credit in a mass claim.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:21:10 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:18:04 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Daytona

This should be L-2.

I thought you were re-reading the last DP? I explained my town-read there. XLAV's posts demonstrated interest, something he doesn't have as scum. He was abrasive in his replies to TN05 when asked to mass claim, which conforms to XLAV's town meta. He disputed theme analysis, calling it and any character claims, including TN05's, into question. This is consistent with disparaging a mass claim, since scum with given fake claims would easily gain undue town credit in a mass claim.

If you explained it there you can explain it again. Which posts in particular gave you such an enormously strong townread that you were prepared to NL instead?
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:27:52 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:21:10 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
VTL Daytona

This should be L-2.

If you explained it there you can explain it again. Which posts in particular gave you such an enormously strong townread that you were prepared to NL instead?

I did just explain it above. And I never wanted to NL. I wanted to lynch Daytona by the end. Daytona's been town in games like Sword Art Online, and his meta here is incredibly different. In SAO, he was blatantly anti-town and borderline idiotic in some of his actions. Here he's reserved, non-committal, and barely posting.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:30:06 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:27:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Daytona

This should be L-2.

I did just explain it above. And I never wanted to NL. I wanted to lynch Daytona by the end. Daytona's been town in games like Sword Art Online, and his meta here is incredibly different. In SAO, he was blatantly anti-town and borderline idiotic in some of his actions. Here he's reserved, non-committal, and barely posting.

Pushing a Daytona lynch with an hour or two left was pushing a no lynch. I'll revisit this tomorrow. Particular posts would be nice.
- Hilaire Belloc -
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:32:22 PM
At 5/25/2015 8:30:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 5/25/2015 8:27:52 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
VTL Daytona

This should be L-2.

Pushing a Daytona lynch with an hour or two left was pushing a no lynch. I'll revisit this tomorrow. Particular posts would be nice.

I wanted it before then.
Yes, I was online when I said (this is the last time I'll be on, vote Daytona). I could have switched then. But NL-ing is better than lynching a town-read. Unlike in the last Code Geass game, where I null-read you.

Let me flip the question: what made you scum-read XLAV?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2015 8:32:56 PM
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that HPG and Solon disappeared at the same time?
Unvote VTL HPG
Answer me.
TUF, and YYW