Jump to topic:

What about chess

shaduwarsenaal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:45:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Anyone for chess? How many people truly interested in chess? How many people even get the game? Quite a while back-like some odd decades ago to be safe- gamers could play chess literally with their eyes closed. Now most the people I know do not know locations such as rook 2 or knight 3. And few can keep the board neatly organized in their head as moves are being made. I say this because many things know rely fully on the eye and happen faster then ever. So what do you think? Are you up to posting an online chess game between yourselves? Doubtful.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2015 8:56:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/28/2015 8:45:44 PM, shaduwarsenaal wrote:
Anyone for chess? How many people truly interested in chess? How many people even get the game? Quite a while back-like some odd decades ago to be safe- gamers could play chess literally with their eyes closed. Now most the people I know do not know locations such as rook 2 or knight 3.

No one uses descriptive notation anymore. It hasn't been officially used since the 80s.

And few can keep the board neatly organized in their head as moves are being made. I say this because many things know rely fully on the eye and happen faster then ever. So what do you think? Are you up to posting an online chess game between yourselves? Doubtful.

Add me on Chess.com. Username: Shabshoral
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz