Jump to topic:

Post Apocalyptic Mafia Sign-up!!

Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:10:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Background/Bio - This game of mafia will take place in a small town of survivors after a plague that killed off the vast majority of the world. After surviving you have joined forces with several other survivors to cultivate and survive in the wasteland. Then one day you find a mans corpse along the side of the road, its then when you realize its the town drunk. You wouldn't have taken a second look but his throat had been cut and his tongue pulled through his slit throat.

Role list :
Unlike most mafia games I have seen/played this game will contain a general list of roles that will be randomly assigned to individuals who participate, this will allow the town to better deduce who is mafia and/or a nuetral role.
-Town Leader x 1
-Town Support x 2
-Town Investigative x 2
-Town Killing x 1
-Town Supportive x 1
-Town Benign x 1
-Mafia Leader x 1
-Mafia Deception x 1
-Mafia Support x 1
-Neutral Benign x 1
-Neutral Killing x 1
-Random x 1

Play-style and Role use:
When playing this game you will have the following checklist that you must go down each Day/Night Phase.

1) Check First Thread for pertinent information
2) PM me to use/Activate Role (This must be done before the new thread is posted, so if you don't get it in during the discussion you can msg me while i prep the next day.)
3)Discuss with Village
4) Vote to Lynch (saying VTL [NAME] will suffice)

(OPTIONAL) If you with to PM someone during a discussion phase, you will place me in the PM, as a result the Participating parties must post "Begins Whispering to [Names in pm]". However Mafia may whisper whenever they want, so long as I am in the PM. Town will not be notified.

Restrictions:
-Do not Throw game
-Do not be a jerk
-Do not PM another player without me being in PM
-Do not go afk for a full round, I will not find replacements, you will be killed off.

Start Date: 6/8/15
Sorry for the later start I am prepping Roles, this is my first time hosting a mafia. Any suggestions for rules? pls pm!

Seeing as this game will have anywhere from 3 - 10 phases I am limiting Play days to weekdays (Mon-Fri). On the end phase on Friday you will only be able to activate abilities, DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH ANYONE (Unless your role allows it). Phases will last 1 day, From 10am Central time TO 8:00am Central time.

1 )
2 )
3 )
4 )
5 )
6 )
7 )
8 )
9 )
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:28:17 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:10:54 AM, Preston wrote:
/in
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:30:42 AM
Sign-up:
1 )ESocialBookworm
2 )
3 )
4 )
5 )
7 )
8 )
9 )
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:31:50 AM
Background/Bio - This game of mafia will take place in a small town of survivors after a plague that killed off the vast majority of the world. After surviving you have joined forces with several other survivors to cultivate and survive in the wasteland. Then one day you find a mans corpse along the side of the road, its then when you realize its the town drunk. You wouldn't have taken a second look but his throat had been cut and his tongue pulled through his slit throat.

Role list :
Unlike most mafia games I have seen/played this game will contain a general list of roles that will be randomly assigned to individuals who participate, this will allow the town to better deduce who is mafia and/or a nuetral role.
-Town Leader x 1
-Town Support x 2
-Town Investigative x 2
-Town Killing x 1
-Town Supportive x 1
-Town Benign x 1
-Mafia Leader x 1
-Mafia Deception x 1
-Mafia Support x 1
-Neutral Benign x 1
-Neutral Killing x 1
-Random x 1

Two things:
1. There is a mod sign up list at the top of this forum. Sign up and ride the elevator up.
2. An open setup is fine, but it is VERY unfair to scum, who have to lie. There is nothing to lie about, since, if they claim an investigative role, all of the town can do that, and they are caught, or, at least, the suspect pool is narrowed significantly. Perhaps you thought of this, and I haven't thought too much about the set-up, but think about what happens if town pushes a mass role claim.
My work here is, finally, done.
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:35:02 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:31:50 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Role list :
-Town Leader x 1
-Town Support x 2
-Town Investigative x 2
-Town Killing x 1
-Town Supportive x 1
-Town Benign x 1
-Mafia Leader x 1
-Mafia Deception x 1
-Mafia Support x 1
-Neutral Benign x 1
-Neutral Killing x 1
-Random x 1

Two things:
1. There is a mod sign up list at the top of this forum. Sign up and ride the elevator up.
2. An open setup is fine, but it is VERY unfair to scum, who have to lie. There is nothing to lie about, since, if they claim an investigative role, all of the town can do that, and they are caught, or, at least, the suspect pool is narrowed significantly. Perhaps you thought of this, and I haven't thought too much about the set-up, but think about what happens if town pushes a mass role claim.

That is the point of the random role, As well as this puts doubt on 3 people if scum lies about their role. This random also provides the ability to create a 3rd invest role that would shine doubt on all 3 while scum claim neutral roles, in truth it is sound, that is why i didnt go into specifics about what kind of invest, ect. Thanks for the advice tho;)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:35:29 AM

Role list :
-Town Leader x 1
-Town Support x 2
-Town Investigative x 2
-Town Killing x 1
-Town Supportive x 1
-Town Benign x 1
-Mafia Leader x 1
-Mafia Deception x 1
-Mafia Support x 1
-Neutral Benign x 1
-Neutral Killing x 1
-Random x 1

Two things:

Town is too stupid to do that on this site. Proper play indicates you should do it about 5 percent of the time to keep the mods on their toes, but you won't see it done because so may people have no balls
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:40:51 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:35:02 AM, Preston wrote:

Role list :
-Town Leader x 1
-Town Support x 2
-Town Investigative x 2
-Town Killing x 1
-Town Supportive x 1
-Town Benign x 1
-Mafia Leader x 1
-Mafia Deception x 1
-Mafia Support x 1
-Neutral Benign x 1
-Neutral Killing x 1
-Random x 1

Two things:

That is the point of the random role, As well as this puts doubt on 3 people if scum lies about their role. This random also provides the ability to create a 3rd invest role that would shine doubt on all 3 while scum claim neutral roles, in truth it is sound, that is why i didnt go into specifics about what kind of invest, ect. Thanks for the advice tho;)

As I said, it may work, depending on the roles, but it is still a town-sided setup.
okay, 1 random, and the four mafia and the four duplicates. Cops/killing roles will target them, and mafia is forced to kill the other unduplicated roles.

Generally, with open set-ups, there are either many available roles that may be in the game (see Danielle's last two games in the archives), or there are many duplicates to begin with, or unknown roles (see JK9++ setup).
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:48:38 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:40:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

As I said, it may work, depending on the roles, but it is still a town-sided setup.
okay, 1 random, and the four mafia and the four duplicates. Cops/killing roles will target them, and mafia is forced to kill the other unduplicated roles.

Generally, with open set-ups, there are either many available roles that may be in the game (see Danielle's last two games in the archives), or there are many duplicates to begin with, or unknown roles (see JK9++ setup).

Alright, well this is my first time as mod, Would you like to join? you can help out where I need you and ive got the perfect role picked out for u.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:52:12 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:48:38 AM, Preston wrote:

Alright, well this is my first time as mod, Would you like to join? you can help out where I need you and ive got the perfect role picked out for u.

If I'm playing at that time, sure.
However, roles should be assigned randomly.
It's fine. I'd recommend for your first game, you either keep it more simple or have an experienced mod help you (co-mod). Trust me, when you have 14 players thinking about the game, it will not go as expected - it never does. (to me, that's half the fun of modding: all the unexpected questions/strategies/uses of roles)
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 11:58:49 AM
At 6/2/2015 11:52:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 6/2/2015 11:48:38 AM, Preston wrote:

If I'm playing at that time, sure.
However, roles should be assigned randomly.
It's fine. I'd recommend for your first game, you either keep it more simple or have an experienced mod help you (co-mod). Trust me, when you have 14 players thinking about the game, it will not go as expected - it never does. (to me, that's half the fun of modding: all the unexpected questions/strategies/uses of roles)

The roles are random, i just have one in mind for you, ive got 8 created so far
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 12:58:14 PM
At 6/2/2015 11:28:17 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
/in

Don't play lol. Read the set up missy. This game is a loss for the mafia, and is going to come down to random lynching between CC'ed individuals until the game is won. There are 14 open roles with 15 sign up slots (which makes the game impossible and not well thought out to begin with). Open set up games need more open roles than there are sign up spots to be playable, and fun.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:41:16 PM
At 6/2/2015 12:58:14 PM, TUF wrote:
/in

Don't play lol. Read the set up missy. This game is a loss for the mafia, and is going to come down to random lynching between CC'ed individuals until the game is won. There are 14 open roles with 15 sign up slots (which makes the game impossible and not well thought out to begin with). Open set up games need more open roles than there are sign up spots to be playable, and fun.

No yea, after the reaction from TUF and the rage i recieved from him, i will no longer be continuing this, I found the reaction from the "community" to be decent and teaching until 6/2/2015 12:28:07 PM when rather then being teaching the forum became more aggressive and confrontational. So yea it wont happen because im not dealing with the rage, Sry :(
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:47:04 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:41:16 PM, Preston wrote:
/in

No yea, after the reaction from TUF and the rage i recieved from him, i will no longer be continuing this, I found the reaction from the "community" to be decent and teaching until 6/2/2015 12:28:07 PM when rather then being teaching the forum became more aggressive and confrontational. So yea it wont happen because im not dealing with the rage, Sry :(

No offense, but if you can't handle the rage, you may want to think twice about modding a game on DDO - we are confrontational as this is a debate website.
Maybe you should read the endgames of some games, where tempers flare, and any grievances with the mod are aired. One mod mistake and players are angry, as it can, and has, cost factions the game. That is much time wasted by the player.

Regardless, aren't you overreacting? TUF is one person and does not represent the community as a whole, and you even alluded to other interactions, so you know this interaction is not indicative of the community. And, truth be told, some members are more abrasive than others.
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:50:59 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:47:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
/in

No offense, but if you can't handle the rage, you may want to think twice about modding a game on DDO - we are confrontational as this is a debate website.
Maybe you should read the endgames of some games, where tempers flare, and any grievances with the mod are aired. One mod mistake and players are angry, as it can, and has, cost factions the game. That is much time wasted by the player.

Regardless, aren't you overreacting? TUF is one person and does not represent the community as a whole, and you even alluded to other interactions, so you know this interaction is not indicative of the community. And, truth be told, some members are more abrasive than others.

I care not about the opinions of others, but i just wrote a thank you post to those who i learned from to get me to nationals in NFL debate, and TUF was on it. The fact i thanked him for being a good teacher then 10 secs later have him flaming me because he doesn't like the way its set up is unacceptable. confrontation isnt my thing when im, first, respect you, and second, am trying to learn something.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 2:15:25 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:50:59 PM, Preston wrote:
At 6/2/2015 1:47:04 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
/in

I care not about the opinions of others, but i just wrote a thank you post to those who i learned from to get me to nationals in NFL debate, and TUF was on it. The fact i thanked him for being a good teacher then 10 secs later have him flaming me because he doesn't like the way its set up is unacceptable. confrontation isnt my thing when im, first, respect you, and second, am trying to learn something.

So much talk of flaming and rage. I guarantee you none of it was meant to flame or rage at anyone. I don't see any insults in my posts, other than alluding that it would be dishonorable to speed up your sign ups. I apologize if something I said came of as enraged, I assure it was not meant.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 5:11:59 PM
/in

Don't play lol. Read the set up missy.
I did
This game is a loss for the mafia, and is going to come down to random lynching between CC'ed individuals until the game is won.
Yup
There are 14 open roles with 15 sign up slots (which makes the game impossible and not well thought out to begin with). Open set up games need more open roles than there are sign up spots to be playable, and fun.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.