Prog Rock Mafia - DP5

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 9:32:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DAY PHASE

1harderthanyouthink - You are Gentle Giant. Arguably the most complex of any of the prog bands, you drew inspiration not just from one or two sources, like jazz and European classical with King Crimson or the classical classical sound with Yes and the Moody Blues, but from everything from Gregorian chant to the twelve-tone technique of serialism to folk. You were so experimental that you were not able to gain the popularity of bands like Yes or King Crimson, even among prog fans themselves. Most of your albums were based on concepts, such as The Power and the Glory, about the inevitable decline in a politician's moral character as time goes on. Never theatrical, you were one of the few prog bands never called "pretentious" by critics. Therefore, you are the Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

numberwang - You are Yes. A mixture of classical and rock, your music often takes long, complicated excursions into the ethereal and the profane. Your band has changed members a lot " no fewer than 19 people have been members of Yes at some period or another. This manifests itself in your music. Each album sounds drastically different from the others, from the more hard rock flavored Fragile to the transcendental Buddhist inspired Tales from Topographic Oceans, to the funk addition in Relayer to the pop sound of 90125, and back to the classic sound in recent albums. Often called one of the most beautiful and talented bands in modern history, you are a bastion of the prog genre. Therefore, you are the Cop. You can investigate players alignments. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Skepsikyma
2. Sapphique
3. 9spaceking
4. RevNge
5. headphonegut

It takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends no later than 9:30 PM DDO time, Friday (6/12)
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2015 11:01:37 PM
At 6/10/2015 10:04:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
VTL Skeps

Don't be dumb and vote right off the bat at what is obviously LYLO. Jesus.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 12:05:12 AM
VTL skep
Role and night actions if applicable, please.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 7:04:03 AM
FINAL TALLY

Skep (3/3) - Rev, Sapp, HPG

DP RESULTS

Skep was lynched. He was innocent. Endgame will be up shortly.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. DO NOT POST.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.