6/11/2015 7:28:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
MAFIA WINS!

PLACEMENTS

First Place: Mafia
Second Place: Town

SETUP

Town:

Skepsikyma - You are King Crimson. Heavily jazz influenced, your works were a bit less overtly classically influenced as other works. But don't let that think your work was not very dependent on classical. You explored complex time signatures and non-traditional influences, such as Eastern European classical music and modern improvisation. From the groundbreaking album In the Court of the Crimson King to the prog classic Larks Tongues in Aspic to the heavier Red to the math rock influential Discipline, your work never feared pushing the bounds of music. You were very inspirational to a whole generation of prog offshoots. Therefore, you are the Priest. You learn the roles of players that visit you. You win with the town.

That1User (later Wylted) - You are Rush. A mixture of prog and metal, your work stands as one of the heavier sounds of prog. Your albums were full of prog epics, from The Fountain of Lamneth in Caress of Steel to 2112 in 2112 to Xanadu in A Fountain of Kings to Cygnus X-1 in A Fountain of Kings and Hemispheres, your work never ceased to put itself firmly in the prog genre. Nevertheless, you did veer off later in your career, returning to more of a metal sound of your earliest days, and away from your pompous prog sound. But you never forgot your prog sound. Your prog albums are some of your most popular, and you continue to respect them. Therefore, you are the Super Saint. If you are lynched, you kill whoever placed the last vote. You win with this town.

RevNge - You are Pink Floyd. The most recognizable and remembered of all the prog bands, your album Dark Side of the Moon is one of the best selling albums in music history, an album which is often cited and parodied. However, there were many other sides to you " from the psychedelic days of Syd Barrett and Piper at the Gates of Dawn to the avant-garde music of Ummagumma to the lesser known epics of Atom Heart Mother, Echoes, and Shine on You Crazy Diamond to the Orwellian Animals, your music is as diverse as your fan base. Critics, often harsh to other works of prog, gave you rather high ratings. Therefore, you are popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

Sapphique - You are Van der Graaf Generator. Your work had more of a gothic feel to it than did other bands in the prog genre, often darker and more self-obsessed in nature than other prog bands. Often experimental, even by prog standards, your work pushed boundaries that other prog bands did not often reach. From the song A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers from the album Pawn Hearts to Meurglys III from World Record especially, your soungs were very often longer than the traditional three minutes. You set yourself apart from other prog bands. Therefore, you are the the Oracle. You reveal a person's role upon death. You win with the town.

Wylted (later 1harderthanyouthink) - You are Gentle Giant. Arguably the most complex of any of the prog bands, you drew inspiration not just from one or two sources, like jazz and European classical with King Crimson or the classical classical sound with Yes and the Moody Blues, but from everything from Gregorian chant to the twelve-tone technique of serialism to folk. You were so experimental that you were not able to gain the popularity of bands like Yes or King Crimson, even among prog fans themselves. Most of your albums were based on concepts, such as The Power and the Glory, about the inevitable decline in a politician's moral character as time goes on. Never theatrical, you were one of the few prog bands never called "pretentious" by critics. Therefore, you are the Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

ShabShoral - You are Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. You could be considered the most prog, especially in some of your works. So much so that you were heavily criticized by critics, being called pretentious and narcissistic, even among other prog bands. However, this didn't stop you from creating some of the most elaborate and magnificent music, from the wanderings of an armadillo-tank in Tarkus, to the Mussorgsky-inspired live album Pictures at an Exhibition, to the futuristic battle between humans and computers in Karn Evil 9. Never slowing down in your relentless pursuit for the extravagant, your live performances pushed all limits of what had previously been done. They were not just a show for the ears, but the elaborate stage setting made attending a concert a true experience. You were radical, often criticized, and a dreamer. Therefore, you are the pacifist. You may not place votes on people at L-1. You win with the town.

Khaos_Mage - You are Procol Harum. One of the bands to progress from psychedelia to prog, your song In Held 'Twas In I was one of the very first prog epics, being a five movement song over 17 minutes in length. Your album A Salty Dog is one of the most praised in prog history, even by critics who never took kindly to prog. After this, your work became less and less famous, but this doesn't mean it declined in quality. From the awesome guitar riff of Whisky Train to the Pink Floyd-inspired tribute to Jimi Hendrix Song for a Dreamer to the allusion to In Held 'Twas In I in The Worm and the Tree, your work always managed to captivate those who chose to listen. Therefore, you are the Universal Backup. You assume the role of the first town player to die. You win with the town.

lannan13 - You are Dream Theater. Although more of a progressive metal band, you still count yourself among the ranks of prog. You are one of the most popular progressive metal bands, and are even one of the most popular metal bands. You wrote many songs alluding to earlier prog bands, such as a cover of King Crimson's Larks Tongues in Aspic, part II, and the Pink Floyd inspired Octavarium. Nevertheless, you still retained that distinctive metal sound, such as in your album Images and Words. You were always a bit different from the other prog bands. Therefore, you are the 1x vigilante. You may kill another player at night, once. You win with the town.

numberwang - You are Yes. A mixture of classical and rock, your music often takes long, complicated excursions into the ethereal and the profane. Your band has changed members a lot " no fewer than 19 people have been members of Yes at some period or another. This manifests itself in your music. Each album sounds drastically different from the others, from the more hard rock flavored Fragile to the transcendental Buddhist inspired Tales from Topographic Oceans, to the funk addition in Relayer to the pop sound of 90125, and back to the classic sound in recent albums. Often called one of the most beautiful and talented bands in modern history, you are a bastion of the prog genre. Therefore, you are the Cop. You can investigate players alignments. You win with the town.

Mafia:

YamaVonKarma - You are Jethro Tull. Your career was very long, and often not fully prog. However, your very popular religion-based album Aqualung to the album epics Thick as a Brick and A Passion Play forever ensconced yourself as a prog artist. Inspired by pre-Elizabethian English music, albums such as Songs from the Wood were more folk than prog. However, sometimes, these two genres collided in their music, such as in Minstrel in the Gallery. Nevertheless, some of your work is not prog at all. In fact, you explored a lot of different genres, including folk and hard rock. Therefore, you are the Jack of All Trades. You have 1x role cop, 1x roleblocker, and 1x role framer.

Continued in next post...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 7:42:37 AM
9spaceking - You are Genesis. Your music was unoriginal at first. However, within a few years of your formation, you became the epitome of prog. Your live performances were probably the most extravagant of any performances before and the vast majority of ones afterwards. Your big epic, Supper's Ready, some of which is based off of an interpretation of the book of revelation, is one of the main songs in the prog genre. However, once Peter Gabriel left, his role was eventually replaced by Phil Collins, and you went in a more pop direction. You never really returned to prog. Regardless, you are a major part of the prog genre. Therefore, you are the Godfather. You are investigated as town to sane (non-flavored) investigative roles.

headphonegut - You are The Moody Blues. Your work was the most overtly inspired by classical music of all the prog bands. Your album Days of Future Passed, recorded with an orchestra, is oftentimes more of a symphony than a rock album. From this, you ventured into the psychedelia of In Search of the Lost Chord to the prelude to your later work in On the Threshold of a Dream, to the more pop inspired Seventh Sojourn. Combining previous allusions, your later work moved away from the symphonic prog sound to a synthesis of electronic and pop known as Synthpop. Gone were the days of the orchestra playing with you. Therefore, you are the scout. You learn who players visit.

ACTIONS

DP1

Lynch Yama

NP1

lannan vig Shab
number's action forfeited
Sapp oracle Shab

NK Khaos
HPG's action waived

DP2

No lynch

NP2

number cop lannan
Sapp's action forfeited

NK Wylted
HPG's action waived

DP3

No lynch

NP3

number cop 1harder
Sapp's action forfeited

NK lannan
HPG's action waived

DP4

Lynch 1harder

NP4

numberwang's action forfeited
Sapp oracle Skep

NK number
HPG's action waived

DP5

Lynch Skep
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 7:48:58 AM
The game was over at DP5 because an innocent was lynched, making the ratio 2-2.

ANALYSIS

In case any of you weren't aware, this game was plagued with inactivity like I've never seen before. DP1 was pretty good, with around 140 posts and a scum lynch. But after that, it went downhill from there. DP2 had around 40 posts. DP3 and DP4 had around 15 posts. DP5 had 4 posts. I'm not sure why everyone became inactive, whether it was because everyone was busy (in which case you shouldn't have signed up), or the game was boring (although I'm not sure where that would come from).

The inactivity caused a mixup in the replacements. Initially, numberwang, That1User, and Wylted were inactive, but numberwang come back. With only one available replacement, I replaced Wylted with 1harder, but Wylted subsequently came back, so I game him That1User's role. This caused Wylted to know an additional role from the game. Unfortunately, due to a lack of replacements, this couldn't have been avoided.

I don't think anyone should get MVP. Town was hopelessly lost and inactive, and all mafia did was keep killing the semi-active players every night.

Overall, I don't know what went wrong with this game, or why everyone became inactive.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 7:50:24 AM
I told you we needed to lynch 9space, but no one listened.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:04:50 AM
I was really looking forward to this game :/. The Rush album is A Farewell to Kings, BTW.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:10:11 AM
At 6/11/2015 9:04:50 AM, ShabShoral wrote:
I was really looking forward to this game :/. The Rush album is A Farewell to Kings, BTW.

I was looking forward to grilling you DP2 :/
Sorry I got you killed.
My work here is, finally, done.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:12:42 AM
Skeps, could you explain to me why you thought Harder was scum? It seemed as if you were just trying to lead a mislynch on him for a scum win since it might have been LyLo (then again, I probably should have paid more attention to the numbers). I can sympathize, due to the inactivity, but I don't think I've seen you do that before as Town.

Anyway, my mistake for speed-voting you. Sorry about that.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:26:39 AM
By the way, what was the theme? Do you know?
Would you have known from Yama's and my flip?
My work here is, finally, done.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 9:33:32 AM
At 6/11/2015 9:26:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
By the way, what was the theme? Do you know?
Would you have known from Yama's and my flip?

Yama's flip basically confirmed the theme as bands with prog-relations but who drifted away vs. hardcore prog bands.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:13:03 AM
Why would anyone place a vote at all that last DP without careful consideration? Yet it was a rushed lynch.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 2:08:01 PM
At 6/11/2015 7:50:24 AM, lannan13 wrote:

LOL XDDDDDD
You read right through my avoidance of your question.... but everyone failed :P
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 2:08:16 PM
At 6/11/2015 10:13:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
Why would anyone place a vote at all that last DP without careful consideration? Yet it was a rushed lynch.

I have absolutely no idea.
Equestrian election

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 3:39:36 PM
At 6/11/2015 9:12:42 AM, RevNge wrote:
Skeps, could you explain to me why you thought Harder was scum? It seemed as if you were just trying to lead a mislynch on him for a scum win since it might have been LyLo (then again, I probably should have paid more attention to the numbers). I can sympathize, due to the inactivity, but I don't think I've seen you do that before as Town.

I went through my reasons. In an inactive game, I thought that scum would be just checking in every DP, posting some non-issue posts to feign activity, and then popping back out. I saw harder doing that, and thought that he was scum for doing so. Mostly I wanted someone dead, because the NLs were killing town, and I saw Harder as the best bet.

Voting me was dumb for one simple reason: the game was still going. As scum, I would have known that lynching Harder would not have ended the game. It would have been immensely stupid of me to put my neck out to secure a lynch which was not game winning when town still had one mislynch left. Scum typically don't speedhammer if it doesn't win the game, especially experienced scum.

Lesson:

NEVER VOTE AT LYLO UNTIL TOWN HAS DECIDED ON A LYNCH
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 4:07:43 PM
At 6/11/2015 9:12:42 AM, RevNge wrote:

You should've went with 9space like I said we should before I was lynched.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 5:50:55 PM
At 6/11/2015 2:08:01 PM, 9spaceking wrote:
At 6/11/2015 7:50:24 AM, lannan13 wrote:

LOL XDDDDDD
You read right through my avoidance of your question.... but everyone failed :P

Yeah, that was expectd, but you also played as expected.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 8:35:05 PM
Sapphires vote was worse than Revs. She was the one that gave scum the ability to quick hammer, but bad judgement none the less. I like how I'm proven town though through my death and nobody listens to me about who I've confirmed as town through a mod error
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2015 10:00:52 PM
At 6/11/2015 7:48:58 AM, Subutai wrote:
The game was over at DP5 because an innocent was lynched, making the ratio 2-2.

ANALYSIS

In case any of you weren't aware, this game was plagued with inactivity like I've never seen before. DP1 was pretty good, with around 140 posts and a scum lynch. But after that, it went downhill from there. DP2 had around 40 posts. DP3 and DP4 had around 15 posts. DP5 had 4 posts. I'm not sure why everyone became inactive, whether it was because everyone was busy (in which case you shouldn't have signed up), or the game was boring (although I'm not sure where that would come from).

The inactivity caused a mixup in the replacements. Initially, numberwang, That1User, and Wylted were inactive, but numberwang come back. With only one available replacement, I replaced Wylted with 1harder, but Wylted subsequently came back, so I game him That1User's role. This caused Wylted to know an additional role from the game. Unfortunately, due to a lack of replacements, this couldn't have been avoided.

I don't think anyone should get MVP. Town was hopelessly lost and inactive, and all mafia did was keep killing the semi-active players every night.

Overall, I don't know what went wrong with this game, or why everyone became inactive.

Yeah, I don't know what went wrong either. I offered to replace in but it seemed like everyone was posting the minimum required number of posts to stay in the game but that only means that each person was posting 1-2 posts per DP.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2015 5:52:59 AM
Just for the record my np1 action was investigating shab, if it had been forfeited I'd have been replaced.