Jump to topic:

Game of Thrones Fate Mod Request

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 4:29:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If anyone is wanting to host a GoT Fate game I'd love to join. PM me, we can think of how the game should be played. If we work well we can co-mod. But I honestly would love to play this Fate if I can find a reliable host. The more people to collaborate the better! PM me and lets see what we can make!
greatkitteh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:45:43 AM
At 6/21/2015 4:29:02 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
If anyone is wanting to host a GoT Fate game I'd love to join. PM me, we can think of how the game should be played. If we work well we can co-mod. But I honestly would love to play this Fate if I can find a reliable host. The more people to collaborate the better! PM me and lets see what we can make!

I'm too un-relliable and Dont know much about Game kf thrones, So I'll have to pass. I might Join the hame if it works out.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:03:50 AM

I don't really know much about Game of Thrones, lol. I haven't read the books or seen the show.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:10:30 AM

I can use the items I used from my previous Fate game--just a simpler gameplay so that it's easier to mod.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:26:47 AM
I'm working for Father's Day today, but I was thinking about this and I'd be interested in hosting.

One idea I'd had was to work with cities in Essos (the Nine Free cities and the more eastern states) with the Seven Kingdoms as independent and distant NPCs, because the complexity of Westeros might be overwhelmingly complicated for a mod to deal with.

Plus, all of your borders are already defined (that takes out the expansionist,"creation of your own empire" aspect of the game) - but if we wanted to go the more political route, we could do Westeros as well.

PM me; I'm mostly not busy on weekdays the whole summer, and I have lots of time to kill, so I will commit.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:36:38 AM
At 6/21/2015 9:26:47 AM, Daltonian wrote:
I'm working for Father's Day today, but I was thinking about this and I'd be interested in hosting.

One idea I'd had was to work with cities in Essos (the Nine Free cities and the more eastern states) with the Seven Kingdoms as independent and distant NPCs, because the complexity of Westeros might be overwhelmingly complicated for a mod to deal with.

Plus, all of your borders are already defined (that takes out the expansionist,"creation of your own empire" aspect of the game) - but if we wanted to go the more political route, we could do Westeros as well.

PM me; I'm mostly not busy on weekdays the whole summer, and I have lots of time to kill, so I will commit.

I can help with the gameplay, if you would like. I kind of want to play at the same time, though...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 9:38:35 AM

What would the objective of the game be, though? Will it be like creating your own civilization, or will it focus more on the player itself?
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 3:45:17 PM
At 6/21/2015 9:38:35 AM, RevNge wrote:

What would the objective of the game be, though? Will it be like creating your own civilization, or will it focus more on the player itself?
That's something I'd have to work out. If we used my Essos idea, it'd probably be more like the former. Something set in Westeros might have more emphasis on the personal; politicking aspect of it though.

Basically, Westeros is a complex set of seven kingdoms which were united after an invading king conquered them all. Now they are one kingdom under the Iron throne. TLDR version very political and complicated; you'd have lords declarant underneath you to deal with, as well as equally complex allies outside of you, etc. Essos is the continent to the east of Westeros, which is mostly unconquered but riddled with city states that function independently, and ruins of past empires; as well as mysterious and mystical states even farther to the east. You'd have more liberty to improvise plotlines in that setting.

Depending on what type of game you want, you'd have to pick a setting.

I'm not the best with the organization and numbers either, but I'd probably opt for something a bit more simple; because the plotlines and series in itself is already very complex. It's like, LOTR mixed with the complexity of actual history.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:03:31 PM
At 6/21/2015 3:45:17 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 6/21/2015 9:38:35 AM, RevNge wrote:

That's something I'd have to work out. If we used my Essos idea, it'd probably be more like the former. Something set in Westeros might have more emphasis on the personal; politicking aspect of it though.

Basically, Westeros is a complex set of seven kingdoms which were united after an invading king conquered them all. Now they are one kingdom under the Iron throne. TLDR version very political and complicated; you'd have lords declarant underneath you to deal with, as well as equally complex allies outside of you, etc. Essos is the continent to the east of Westeros, which is mostly unconquered but riddled with city states that function independently, and ruins of past empires; as well as mysterious and mystical states even farther to the east. You'd have more liberty to improvise plotlines in that setting.

Depending on what type of game you want, you'd have to pick a setting.

I'm not the best with the organization and numbers either, but I'd probably opt for something a bit more simple; because the plotlines and series in itself is already very complex. It's like, LOTR mixed with the complexity of actual history.

Okay, because I think a combination would be interesting; you build your own player but also need to manage a city (or empire) and raise an army.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 5:23:46 PM
At 6/21/2015 5:03:31 PM, RevNge wrote:

Okay, because I think a combination would be interesting; you build your own player but also need to manage a city (or empire) and raise an army.

I think we're on the same page! You should read up on the lore. We're not going to be sticking entirely to cannon but I think we'll still preserve the feel.