Game of Thrones Mafia DP4

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 4:28:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Graveyard:

EndarkenedRationalist- Renly- Vanilla - Town (Killed NP1)

Subutai- Tyrion- Miller- Town (Lynched DP2)

F-16- ???- ???- ??? (???)

Skeps- You are Ramsey Snow "Bolton", a bastard born of Roose Bolton. You may command many of the Northern armies, but you are vile and cruel. With a sadistic love for torture, rape, and violence, you are a goon. You win with the mafia. (Lynched DP3)

YYW-You are John Snow, a bastard raised by Lord Eddard of House Stark. After finding no purpose serving the kingdom, you dreamt of joining the wall and serving the realm. You are the watcher on the wall, and have said your vows to make you a brother of the Night"s Watch! You are the watcher. Each night you may select a player, if that player is visited by anyone else in the night, you will see who visited them. You win with the town.

Living Players:

Airmax
TN05
Bullish
SolonKR
Preston
Daltonian
FordPrefect
Raisor
Flail

With 9 players remaining, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day Phase ends in 72 hours (on Wednesday 7/8/15 @ 1630 CST).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 4:39:15 PM
I'm going to do my best to be active this DP, and sorry about my inactivity since DP1.

Part of my inactivity is due to simply being busy, though it is also partly due to strategic reasons. I felt that following DP1 I was a good NK due to being essentially town confirmed, or at least more town confirmed than anyone else at that point, and therefore a good target for the mafia to get rid of. My inactivity made me less of a threat and thus worth ignoring.

So my initial thoughts following the last DP is that Skeps flip should pretty much confirm Raisor. If I recall correctly Raisor pushed for that lynch in such a way that a bus wouldn't have made sense.

As for the other voters: YYW, dalt, TN05, flail, Ford, I'm also inclined to believe that there's a good chance each are town. YYW was the NK I believe, so we have confirmation of that, leaving Dalt TNO5, Flail and Ford, who I don't have scum reads on anyways.

This leaves Solon and bullish.

Does anyone have a list of claims?

I'm happy to claim if asked for it, knowing that my inactivity will be viewed as scummy and I'd rather not have us get hung up on over-analyzing it.
Debate.org Moderator
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:00:33 PM
At 7/5/2015 4:39:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm going to do my best to be active this DP, and sorry about my inactivity since DP1.

Part of my inactivity is due to simply being busy, though it is also partly due to strategic reasons. I felt that following DP1 I was a good NK due to being essentially town confirmed, or at least more town confirmed than anyone else at that point, and therefore a good target for the mafia to get rid of. My inactivity made me less of a threat and thus worth ignoring.

So my initial thoughts following the last DP is that Skeps flip should pretty much confirm Raisor. If I recall correctly Raisor pushed for that lynch in such a way that a bus wouldn't have made sense.

As for the other voters: YYW, dalt, TN05, flail, Ford, I'm also inclined to believe that there's a good chance each are town. YYW was the NK I believe, so we have confirmation of that, leaving Dalt TNO5, Flail and Ford, who I don't have scum reads on anyways.

I'm happy to claim if asked for it, knowing that my inactivity will be viewed as scummy and I'd rather not have us get hung up on over-analyzing it.

Claim.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:02:56 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:00:33 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/5/2015 4:39:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Claim.

Sure.

I am Daenerys.

I am a 1x governor.

Once during any DP I can choose a target to lynch.... It will override any current votes and end the DP.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:53:02 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:41:00 PM, Raisor wrote:
I'd like to see reads from dalton flail and bullish

Have any thoughts on my claim?

In any case, if there is a particular way you think I should use it let me know.

I considered using it DP1, but it seemed too random and likely to hit town. I also considered using it on Skep, but it seemed that a lynch was likely anyway.
Debate.org Moderator
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:26:07 PM
Did you not protect YYW? Or strongman?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:32:09 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:53:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

In any case, if there is a particular way you think I should use it let me know.

I considered using it DP1, but it seemed too random and likely to hit town. I also considered using it on Skep, but it seemed that a lynch was likely anyway.

Use it today after we come to a consensus
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:33:32 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:32:09 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:53:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Use it today after we come to a consensus

Works for me
Debate.org Moderator
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:33:46 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:26:07 PM, Daltonian wrote:
Did you not protect YYW? Or strongman?

Give your reads please. I'll go over my actions later.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:47:27 PM
I was wrong last DP, and Raisor is probably town; but what YYW said still made no sense. I don't think he was putting effort into the game and I do think he was sheeping Raisor, which came off as scummy. I should have just stuck to what I had from DP1.

I'm willing to claim today but only if everyone else does. I think my interactions with Ford and others might have been an indicator, but I will if need be.

I'm willing to peg Ford, Raisor, Airmax (trusting F-16), and TN05 as town (I wanna revisit this too but for poe he's town). I was townreading Solon before but I am more skeptical now. I'd like him to claim.

I guess by PoE that leaves Bullish, Flail, and Preston. Solon is iffy, too.
I am good to vote for any of the first three.

And, sorry Raisor. I get way too paranoid as town, literally every time w/ the lead town player.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Flail
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:52:15 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:02:56 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I am a 1x governor.

Once during any DP I can choose a target to lynch.... It will override any current votes and end the DP.

Governor stops a lynch, it doesn't cause a lynch.

Fake claim is fake.

VTL Airmax

"A Governor is a role that can stop a lynch. This is done by PMing the mod during Twilight to stop the lynch. Many moderators will extend Twilight substantially so as to allow the Governor ample time to make a decision. If the Governor stops a lynch, the Day ends with no one getting lynched.

Because Governor can stop the Town's main weapon in the lynch, Governors are very frequently X-Shot.

Governors have been known to be able to self-target, but only if they are X-Shot. "

http://wiki.mafiascum.net...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:55:33 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:52:15 PM, Flail wrote:
I am a 1x governor.

Fake claim is fake.

VTL Airmax

"A Governor is a role that can stop a lynch. This is done by PMing the mod during Twilight to stop the lynch. Many moderators will extend Twilight substantially so as to allow the Governor ample time to make a decision. If the Governor stops a lynch, the Day ends with no one getting lynched.

Because Governor can stop the Town's main weapon in the lynch, Governors are very frequently X-Shot.

Governors have been known to be able to self-target, but only if they are X-Shot. "

I can't really argue with all of that except to say that the mod specified the way my role works and I explained it when I role claimed.

Regardless, I can prove the way my role works by using it this DP, pretty much making this conversation moot.
Debate.org Moderator
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 6:58:43 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:53:01 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/5/2015 6:49:57 PM, Daltonian wrote:
VTL Bullish

Did bullish character claim?
I was actually just looking through his forum posts; I don't recall him character claiming, at least I can't find one.

His townreads actually seem pretty accurate to me, but his Preston interactions DP1 seem off to me.

Then there's this
http://www.debate.org...
(especially the furthest down post)

Despite me pushing to build a Skep lynch, he pushes for Subutai instead.
I think F-16 did the same though and he was town.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 7:00:26 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:55:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Clarify -- can you negate a lynch and prevent it from happening; or select a target and instantly lynch them?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 7:11:49 PM
At 7/5/2015 6:58:43 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/5/2015 6:53:01 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 7/5/2015 6:49:57 PM, Daltonian wrote:
VTL Bullish

Did bullish character claim?
I was actually just looking through his forum posts; I don't recall him character claiming, at least I can't find one.

His townreads actually seem pretty accurate to me, but his Preston interactions DP1 seem off to me.

Then there's this
http://www.debate.org...
(especially the furthest down post)

Despite me pushing to build a Skep lynch, he pushes for Subutai instead.
I think F-16 did the same though and he was town.

Yeah we need to put together a claims list..

Did you character claim yet? If not please do so.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 7:39:15 PM
At 7/5/2015 7:00:26 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/5/2015 6:55:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Clarify -- can you negate a lynch and prevent it from happening; or select a target and instantly lynch them?

Both. By selecting a target it will negate all votes on whoever has votes on them, and instead lynch the target of my choosing.

In practice, I can't simply unlynch someone. If there are enough votes for a lynch on me, I can't just "unlynch" myself. I would have to choose someone else for a lynch, which would remove all votes from me and instead lynch that target.

For all practical purposes though, it doesn't make a difference, since by choosing a target, I can remove all votes on one person and automatically lynch someone else. Though this doesn't really matter either since if enough votes are on someone, I wouldn't want to undo that since clearly the town is in favor of lynching that person.

The best way for me to use my role is simply to target the person of the town's choosing (as we may stall on a lynch effort) and simply so that I can town-confirm myself. At that point the benefit to me is that I'm vanilla and no longer as good of a NK target, though being more town-confirmed should lead to my death soon after anyway.
Debate.org Moderator
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:00:25 PM
I am a 1x governor.

Fake claim is fake.

VTL Airmax

Can you please post a list of you reads?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:01:01 PM
I really hope I get to replace someone. Without question, I know who scum are and they should be manifestly obvious to all of you.
Tsar of DDO
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 8:57:47 PM
At 7/5/2015 7:39:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Okay, I believe that that is your role. Whether or not it's town or scumsided is a different matter.. It is unusual for a governor though. I've never been in a game where it's been like that.

Does your role have a justification?
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:03:12 PM
At 7/5/2015 7:11:49 PM, Raisor wrote:
Did you character claim yet? If not please do so.
Are we mass claiming today?

I'm willing to but I'd like to make sure it has some grander purpose.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:05:45 PM
I am a 1x governor.

Fake claim is fake.

VTL Airmax

Airmax is not stupid, he knows that. Roles can work differently in different games.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:06:51 PM
Somebody likely has F-16's janitored role, btw. Really need to abandon thematic and role analysis at this point, unless indicators before NP2 are solid.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 9:08:43 PM
VTL Airmax

As Flail correctly points out, his role doesn't match the way governor is commonly used in DDO Forum mafia. Furthermore, governor is typically a scum sided role on this site.

Airmax should be today's lynch, but let's not sleep on Raisor. He said he would protect YYW and will likely claim he was redirected, roleblocked, or that YYW was strongman'd. Which, if town, he should have foreseen, and not claimed doctor in the first place.