Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:05:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Okay, Karma: Good is basically the same idea as evil, but this time reward will follow a good deed.

Start: I give a homeless man a dollar.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:39:00 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:05:41 PM, Rami wrote:
Okay, Karma: Good is basically the same idea as evil, but this time reward will follow a good deed.

You give a homeless man a dollar. He uses it to buy a bunny. That bunny gets hit by Rev's rock and dies; subsequently, the bunny's family is informed and takes up arms, first against you and then against the world. The country devolves into a civil war with two factions: the Union (pro-Bunny) and the Confederates (pro-squirrel), but with nuclear arms. Everyone dies. The End.

My Turn: I lynch Rev, and he flips guilty.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:41:32 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:39:00 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

You give a homeless man a dollar. He uses it to buy a bunny. That bunny gets hit by Rev's rock and dies; subsequently, the bunny's family is informed and takes up arms, first against you and then against the world. The country devolves into a civil war with two factions: the Union (pro-Bunny) and the Confederates (pro-squirrel), but with nuclear arms. Everyone dies. The End.

You dumbass (or should I say dumbunny), he said that REWARD was supposed to follow a good deed.

You lynch me, but I turn out to be a scum-sided Hunter, and kill you. However, due to me being lynched, Town won the game.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:43:00 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:41:32 PM, RevNge wrote:

You dumbass (or should I say dumbunny), he said that REWARD was supposed to follow a good deed.

A reward did follow. Sorry, Rev, but I don't follow your utilitarian framework. I'm with Nietsche: suffering brings out greatness in us all, and this it ought to be encouraged.

You lynch me, but I turn out to be a scum-sided Hunter, and kill you. However, due to me being lynched, Town won the game.

A scum-sided hunter? What type of bastard mod would insert that sh1t into his game?

Also, you need to take a turn.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:43:26 PM

Granted, but he robs you of all of your money. Weeks pass, as you wander around the streets, homeless and jobless. One day, you finally encounter the man, who had become a multimillionaire with the money he had taken from you. He gives you a dollar, and you rob him of all of his money.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:45:14 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:43:00 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

A reward did follow. Sorry, Rev, but I don't follow your utilitarian framework. I'm with Nietsche: suffering brings out greatness in us all, and this it ought to be encouraged.

How the hell does a global-scale massacre bring out greatness?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:45:33 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:45:14 PM, RevNge wrote:

Purifies the gene pool.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:46:05 PM

Also, I *never* said this was on a global scale. In fact, it need not venture outside U.S. borders.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:47:19 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:46:05 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Also, I *never* said this was on a global scale. In fact, it need not venture outside U.S. borders.

You said "everyone", not "everyone in the US".
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:49:05 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:47:19 PM, RevNge wrote:

"Everyone" is necessary relative to a population. If we're in a hangout with 9 people, for instance, and I pose the question, "Is everyone playing mafia?", my use of the term doesn't apply to Kim Jung-Un.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:50:53 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:46:52 PM, RevNge wrote:
My turn: I Day-Vig Joey immediately at the beginning of DP1, who is (obviously) scum.

Joey is wearing a deathproof vest, courtesy of Matt, who did *not* want to see Joey shirtless. He was indeed scum and was subsequently lynched, whilst Rev was confirmed town and subsequently roleblocked and target three times by three scum factions. Town ends up losing the game, but through their loss, they learned a lot: policy-lynch Rev.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:51:29 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:49:05 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

"Everyone" is necessary relative to a population. If we're in a hangout with 9 people, for instance, and I pose the question, "Is everyone playing mafia?", my use of the term doesn't apply to Kim Jung-Un.

No, everyone means "every person". So, it actually would apply to KJU. However, as this is illogical, we assume that you mean everyone in the hangout.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:51:44 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:48:45 PM, Rami wrote:
Maybe I should just stick with evil...

Anyways, how are you liking this forum? Rate it 1-10, 10 being the highest.

10 - it's a lot of fun. Keep it up!

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:52:37 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:50:53 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
My turn: I Day-Vig Joey immediately at the beginning of DP1, who is (obviously) scum.

Joey is wearing a deathproof vest, courtesy of Matt, who did *not* want to see Joey shirtless. He was indeed scum and was subsequently lynched, whilst Rev was confirmed town and subsequently roleblocked and target three times by three scum factions. Town ends up losing the game, but through their loss, they learned a lot: policy-lynch Rev.

That makes no sense, and in no way does good. You should stick to the evil version if you're just going to fvck the game up.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:52:52 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:51:29 PM, RevNge wrote:

No, everyone means "every person". So, it actually would apply to KJU. However, as this is illogical, we assume that you mean everyone in the hangout.

"Every person" in some geographic area because the connotation, as you concede, cannot reasonably include KJU. Context is everything.

My turn: Rev is lynched for killing so many bunnies.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:53:12 PM

Can you ban Joey from the Good version?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:53:29 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:52:37 PM, RevNge wrote:

That makes no sense, and in no way does good. You should stick to the evil version if you're just going to fvck the game up.

It is good: you learn more from losses than you do from wins, *and* you got to lynch me, which reduced your suffering.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:54:31 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:53:12 PM, RevNge wrote:

Lmfao.

Come at me, bro.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:54:49 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:52:52 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

"Every person" in some geographic area because the connotation, as you concede, cannot reasonably include KJU. Context is everything.

I'm not conceding anything; we are only inclined to make logical assumptions of what one means.

That's an invalid turn.
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:55:30 PM
Rev, I have no idea what your talking about. When I wrote 'evil', I meant making forums about what might be the consequence of doing a bad deed.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:55:41 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:53:29 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

It is good: you learn more from losses than you do from wins, *and* you got to lynch me, which reduced your suffering.

That is not definite, and I thought you said that more suffering is good because it "brings out greatness"?
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:55:53 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:54:49 PM, RevNge wrote:

I'm not conceding anything; we are only inclined to make logical assumptions of what one means.

Yeah, and "one" confines us to some geographic area, logically, lol.

That's an invalid turn.

Why is that invalid? You were obviously scum.

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:56:19 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:54:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Lmfao.

Come at me, bro.

Sure, right after I eat some rabbit stew.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:56:55 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:55:41 PM, RevNge wrote:

That is not definite, and I thought you said that more suffering is good because it "brings out greatness"?

It's usually definite.

And, yeah, it is, but it's good in the long run. Short run output fluctuations are caused by sticky wages, so AD shocks are deleterious to growth. In much the same that AD matters in the short run, reducing suffering also matters. I'm talking about the LRAS, not the AD.

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:57:25 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:56:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:54:31 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Lmfao.

Come at me, bro.

Sure, right after I eat some rabbit stew.

-:(

DDO's Economics Messiah
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:58:09 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:55:53 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:54:49 PM, RevNge wrote:

Yeah, and "one" confines us to some geographic area, logically, lol.

So you're contending that what one is saying is confined to some geographic area?

That's an invalid turn.

Why is that invalid? You were obviously scum.

I'm not you, Joey, and it doesn't specify who is doing to good deed.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2015 5:59:05 PM
At 7/5/2015 5:56:55 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 7/5/2015 5:55:41 PM, RevNge wrote:

It's usually definite.

"Usually definite" sounds like an oxymoron.
And, yeah, it is, but it's good in the long run. Short run output fluctuations are caused by sticky wages, so AD shocks are deleterious to growth. In much the same that AD matters in the short run, reducing suffering also matters. I'm talking about the LRAS, not the AD.

Speak English.