Jump to topic:

D&D Game (GOT Theme) 5-Player, Need CO-DM

Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 10:26:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to play a D&D game on the forums, I would play Dungeon Master, If so, I think a game of 5 players and one other CO -DM would suffice. So I'll put this up with the rules @ the bottom:

TIME COMMITMENT: This will have a more casual time commitment rather then a strict time commitment like a Mafia game. If you go AFK, I will probably kill you off otherwise you will follow Party.

CO-DM: Please PM Me, im looking for someone i know and has some experience with D&D. I would like them to be active on week ends when I'm out of town for work. Also, You will need to pass weekly decissions passed me just to double check.

Sign-up:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Theme: We will be playing with a Game of Thrones Map[1], However we will not be following a direct theme, instead adventures will develop as you do, and Towns may not match Game of thrones towns exactly, There may need to be adaptations to develop story.

Starting Story Point: You are five Strangers who awake in Harrenhal[2], unaware of how you got there. You gear up and head out on an adventure to wherever fate takes you.

Combat: Combat will not include advanced combat, instead, for the sake of time and simplicity, We will use Risk Style Dice Combat[3], where Armies is equal to Hit points. To begin combat you will post the following:
![NAME] [ACTION: Attack, Casts ability, ect] on [Target]
if you dont want combat to continue if you hit a certain Hp then post:
![NAME] [ACTION: Attack, Casts ability, ect] on [Target] Unless my Hit Points drop below [Hit Point Level]

Example: You have 20 HP and Attack a goblin with 3, The goblin lowers you to 2HP and retains 1, if you posted you would like to stop @ 2 HP, you will then fall back in battle, Otherwise you will risk the chance you die.

EQUIPMENT: By default in combat you will have 1 Dice to attack with and 1 Dice to defend with in the Risk Combat Simulation, A weapon or set of Armor will increase the # of Dice you use based on DM discretion.

Character Sheets:
These will be built by DMs, Suggestions for sheets can be PMed to any DM, Before Game Start. They will be public but will not include winning req, for that character.

Winning:
To win you must complete your goal given in secret through PM, this means people may have the job to assassinate another player, ect.

Actions:
Action will be performed by posting:
![NAME] [ACTION: Attack, Casts ability, ect]

To attempt to move to a new location, or travel in general you must get the majority to vote to travel.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO AMEND THE RULES PLEASE POST BELOW WHAT YOU WOULD ADD.
[1]http://quartermaester.info...
[2]http://quartermaester.info...
[3]http://www.morningtoast.com...
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:52:28 AM
At 7/6/2015 10:26:58 AM, Preston wrote:
Hey I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to play a D&D game on the forums, I would play Dungeon Master, If so, I think a game of 5 players and one other CO -DM would suffice. So I'll put this up with the rules @ the bottom:

TIME COMMITMENT: This will have a more casual time commitment rather then a strict time commitment like a Mafia game. If you go AFK, I will probably kill you off otherwise you will follow Party.

CO-DM: Please PM Me, im looking for someone i know and has some experience with D&D. I would like them to be active on week ends when I'm out of town for work. Also, You will need to pass weekly decissions passed me just to double check.

Sign-up:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Theme: We will be playing with a Game of Thrones Map[1], However we will not be following a direct theme, instead adventures will develop as you do, and Towns may not match Game of thrones towns exactly, There may need to be adaptations to develop story.

Starting Story Point: You are five Strangers who awake in Harrenhal[2], unaware of how you got there. You gear up and head out on an adventure to wherever fate takes you.

Combat: Combat will not include advanced combat, instead, for the sake of time and simplicity, We will use Risk Style Dice Combat[3], where Armies is equal to Hit points. To begin combat you will post the following:
![NAME] [ACTION: Attack, Casts ability, ect] on [Target] Unless my Hit Points drop below [Hit Point Level]

Example: You have 20 HP and Attack a goblin with 3, The goblin lowers you to 2HP and retains 1, if you posted you would like to stop @ 2 HP, you will then fall back in battle, Otherwise you will risk the chance you die.

EQUIPMENT: By default in combat you will have 1 Dice to attack with and 1 Dice to defend with in the Risk Combat Simulation, A weapon or set of Armor will increase the # of Dice you use based on DM discretion.

Character Sheets:
These will be built by DMs, Suggestions for sheets can be PMed to any DM, Before Game Start. They will be public but will not include winning req, for that character.

Winning:
To win you must complete your goal given in secret through PM, this means people may have the job to assassinate another player, ect.

Actions:

To attempt to move to a new location, or travel in general you must get the majority to vote to travel.

Sounds interesting, although I kind of think that a dice combat system might be too primitive. Then again, I don't know how it works. My main concern is that the players won't be able to commit to the game.
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:55:17 AM
At 7/7/2015 9:52:28 AM, RevNge wrote:

Sign-up:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Character Sheets:

Winning:

Actions:

Sounds interesting, although I kind of think that a dice combat system might be too primitive. Then again, I don't know how it works. My main concern is that the players won't be able to commit to the game.

Yea I didnt realise how fast the game forum had withered. I mean I expected it, but its a little depressing.

The dice was to simplify combat, obviously casting fireball, ect. would be used rather than normal combat.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 9:58:54 AM
At 7/7/2015 9:55:17 AM, Preston wrote:

Sign-up:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Character Sheets:

Winning:

Actions:

Yea I didnt realise how fast the game forum had withered. I mean I expected it, but its a little depressing.

Well, the Games forum seems to have died a little lately, including Mafia games.
The dice was to simplify combat, obviously casting fireball, ect. would be used rather than normal combat.

Wouldn't it involve too much luck, though?
Preston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2015 10:01:57 AM
At 7/7/2015 9:58:54 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/7/2015 9:55:17 AM, Preston wrote:

Sign-up:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Character Sheets:

Winning:

Actions:

Well, the Games forum seems to have died a little lately, including Mafia games.

Its because the site is on the decline. :\

Wouldn't it involve too much luck, though?
In real D&D you still roll dice for combat, but its a roll to see if they hit, then a roll to see if you crit, ect. its basicly the same but more in depth.