Beginners' Mafia 38.3: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:08:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Rev - You are COLOMBIA. In a shock win, you delivered France a defeat. This major upset put you in a great position to advance. Because you blocked a powerhouse from winning a game it should've won, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Twice per game, you may select a target and block them from using their role. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Wylted
Lannan
Saph
HPG
Tej
AFism
Scarlett
Sub
Hoppi

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 6:00pm, DDO time, on 7/8/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 6:59:11 PM
My top preference for lynching is wylted. Also tej, subutai, hpg or lannan depending on their actions today.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:12:24 PM
I find it odd that Rev was targeted as well. I think there is a decent chance the whole scum team is inactive and the kill was randomized.

VTL lannan
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:13:48 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:11:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2015 6:39:20 PM, Hoppi wrote:
Vtl tejretics

Character claim

Why Tejretics?

Unvote vtl wylted

Since you're here and he's not. You, subutai and tej didn't claim yesterday, so I think you should claim first.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:14:44 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:13:48 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/6/2015 7:11:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2015 6:39:20 PM, Hoppi wrote:
Vtl tejretics

Character claim

Why Tejretics?

Unvote vtl wylted

Since you're here and he's not. You, subutai and tej didn't claim yesterday, so I think you should claim first.

Why would anyone claim?

What's your claim?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:20:52 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:14:44 PM, Wylted wrote:

Why would anyone claim?

You could claim by answering the qs if you like, and I'll reveal the mass claim at the end.

What's your claim?

I think you're scum so I'm not giving you extra info. If you want, confirm me.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:22:29 PM
Jesus Christ. If we have a vig or something just policy kill Hoppi. It shows the respect that the scum team has for Hoppi if they think we're worse off with the popular than without.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:27:56 PM
Why would anyone claim?

We're trying to catch mafia players using character claims. I know Sapphique's AFism's and Scarlett's characters and I also know they claimed when there was no public info about the theme or anyone else's roles. You haven't claimed, even though the information would help town. Why would you sabotage scum hunting?

I have several theories but by far the most likely is that you're scum.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:30:19 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:27:56 PM, Hoppi wrote:
Why would anyone claim?

We're trying to catch mafia players using character claims. I know Sapphique's AFism's and Scarlett's characters and I also know they claimed when there was no public info about the theme or anyone else's roles. You haven't claimed, even though the information would help town. Why would you sabotage scum hunting?

I have several theories but by far the most likely is that you're scum.

Umm, the character claiming thing is a distraction. Red herrings that distract from scum hunting hurt town.

Any theories on why scum would target Rev instead of you?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:31:23 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:22:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
Jesus Christ. If we have a vig or something just policy kill Hoppi. It shows the respect that the scum team has for Hoppi if they think we're worse off with the popular than without.

Haha you probably thought I'd be watched or protected. Both you and subutai stressed that I would die last night, probably to draw the doctor that way of there is one. I'm guessing the scum team is you and subutai.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:35:15 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:30:19 PM, Wylted wrote:
Umm, the character claiming thing is a distraction.

The whole point of having characters and themes is to help with scum hunting.

Red herrings that distract from scum hunting hurt town.

Distract from what exactly? You saying we should lynch an inactive? You need silence to surround that?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 7:57:25 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:35:15 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/6/2015 7:30:19 PM, Wylted wrote:
Umm, the character claiming thing is a distraction.

The whole point of having characters and themes is to help with scum hunting.

I understand the motivations, but since it's not actually able to help right now, perhaps you should actually do something productive.

Red herrings that distract from scum hunting hurt town.

Distract from what exactly? You saying we should lynch an inactive? You need silence to surround that?

That's where my vote is right now. I might be willing to lunch Sapphique as well, but the inactives are a liability. They should be killed early. You missed an opportunity to do it yesterday, because of your reckless behavior. We know the inactives will be mod killed or left alone. They aren't being replaced. We need to cut the dead weight.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:11:11 PM
At 7/6/2015 7:12:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
I find it odd that Rev was targeted as well. I think there is a decent chance the whole scum team is inactive and the kill was randomized.

There's no randomized kills. If you don't get your action in on time you forfeit it.

If you don't want distractions then character claim and I'll leave you alone. If you really are town, just do it to avoid us wasting time.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:15:46 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:11:11 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/6/2015 7:12:24 PM, Wylted wrote:

There's no randomized kills. If you don't get your action in on time you forfeit it.

If you don't want distractions then character claim and I'll leave you alone. If you really are town, just do it to avoid us wasting time.

How about just don't waste time, or ask people to provide characters that can give away their role? You ask for character claims after you scum read somebody and are leading thei lynch, not before. The character claim is to give you a chance to change your mind. If the character doesn't change your mind, then ask for role. If that doesn't change your mind, then lynch.

It really serves no purpose now.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:18:58 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:15:46 PM, Wylted wrote:
How about just don't waste time, or ask people to provide characters that can give away their role?

The characters don't give much info about roles at all, and if you're worried you could answer my qs and then nobody will know.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:23:40 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:18:58 PM, Hoppi wrote:
How about just don't waste time, or ask people to provide characters that can give away their role?

The characters don't give much info about roles at all, and if you're worried you could answer my qs and then nobody will know.

You'll know, and I have the same objections to it Lhaos brought up.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:25:32 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:23:40 PM, Wylted wrote:

Just claim outright or soft-claim then.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:27:27 PM

You think it's anti-game? What does that even mean and why didn't you say so yesterday?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:35:42 PM

If this is the case, why did you say last DP that anyone who doesn't like Hoppi's plan must be scum? And then proceed to vote Khaos?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:42:35 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:27:27 PM, Hoppi wrote:

You think it's anti-game? What does that even mean and why didn't you say so yesterday?

I did, indirectly. You probably just overlooked the emotion and hints I was trying to convey about it.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:42:44 PM
I'm really not liking Wylted. Last DP, he says Hoppi is as good as confirmed, or that there's no need to confirm when Hoppi's most likely popular etc. Given this, the level of reluctance he shows towards Hoppi's plan is putting me off. And this is inconsistent: Wylted said last DP that anyone who doesn't like Hoppi's plan is scum. But he also refused to follow the plan himself. I'm reversing my townread from last DP.

VTL Wylted
For character and role claim.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:44:30 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:35:42 PM, Sapphique wrote:

If this is the case, why did you say last DP that anyone who doesn't like Hoppi's plan must be scum? And then proceed to vote Khaos?

Khaos is not even in the game, and it was clearly mocking the stupidity of his plan. Why are you so unobservant, and not very thoughtful? This is the opposite of how you usually play?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2015 8:47:10 PM
At 7/6/2015 8:44:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/6/2015 8:35:42 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Khaos is not even in the game, and it was clearly mocking the stupidity of his plan. Why are you so unobservant, and not very thoughtful? This is the opposite of how you usually play?

*facepalm* Because it's late and I'm tired. Sorry.
I'd still like a character claim though.