Beginners' Mafia 38.3: DP3

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 2:07:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Sub - You are SPAIN. The strongest of mafia teams, you deserved to do better than you did. You played with really, demonstrable skill, yet won nothing. Still, you are a powerhouse here, amongst your fellow mafia, and thus you are the JOAT. You have the following 2-shot abilities: Strongman and Role Cop. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Wylted - You are the USA. You have a really solid defense, with a 513 minute-long shut out streak. Because you know how to defend, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may target a player and prevent them from being killed. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Rev - Colombia, Roleblocker - Town
Sub - Spain, JOAT - Mafia
Wylted - USA, Doctor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Rev (Lannan)
Saph
HPG
Tej
AFism
Scarlett
Hoppi

With 7 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 2:00pm, DDO time, on 7/12/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 2:07:58 PM
ATTENTION

Rev is replacing in for Lannan.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 2:09:02 PM
Dammit Wylted, why the fvck didn't you Doc yourself? There's literally no one here that's worth more protecting than you.

On another note, I'm back btches! I think I'll go with Tej for now, unless something happened in DP2.

VTL Tej
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 4:06:36 PM
What about you Lannan don't think your safe. Also any investigative results. I'm glad that Wylted hammered Sub anyways before he died. I could've screwed everything up if I had unvoted.

Right now I think Tej is town. I'm scum reading scarlet. Lannan, and hoppi a little bit. I think we should lynch one of the three.

Who ever investigated speak now, because I know you did.
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 4:14:52 PM
I think remembering what wylted said about inactivity on his part and selective posts seems a little more relevant now. Soft claiming or character claiming should start happeneing for inactives. We have gotten the ball rolling by lynching sub, but we should really start pressuring:

Lannan
HPG
Scarlet

and Tej a little too. He also hasn't been here as much, but enough for me to slight town read him.

Although when he did comeback it was always to hop on someones wagon, and not actually give good reads. He also did kind of agree with subutai out of no where for my activity. Now that I think about it lets pressure both Lannan and Tej. Scarlet also questioned her vote on me and Saph, that seems more townie.

And freaking Hoppi disappeared with everyones character claims so we wont even know if someone is lying.....

Juding by the deaths we have two scum left, one investigate/vanilla/roleblocker/or redirector and one killer mafia or godfather. I also think we have a TP survivor judging by how many people we have. If we had 4 mafia we wouldve had more deaths imo.
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 4:31:32 PM
Actually since wylted was town we should probably look through things his perspective also: He had a strong scum read on Saph, and Hoppi.

We also never confirmed hoppi DP1 because someone unvoted. I think it was tej. That couldve been a scumbuddy cop out. And I am noticing that hoppi was oddly quiet on subutai and vice versa. When subutai came in he automatically judged me first: A towny, then gave all of "his reads".

Subs Reads:

Hoppi - The fact that Hoppi is still alive indicates that his strategy does not seem to bother mafia too much. They may even value him. Or he could be mafia. Hoppi is a noob to mafia (this is his first beginner's series), so I'm not sure how to judge his affiliation, although I'm leaning slightly town on him because that seems like too much trouble for scum to go to for such little town cred.

AFism - Her behavior, especially this DP, has made me scum read her. While she's posted a lot, there has been little substance to her posts. She is also a relative noob, so I think she's either scum or TP, although if pushed, her non-assertiveness makes me think he's more scum, given his history.

Wylted - He seems to be all over the place in his lynches, but given how many games he's played and his behavior in them, because of this, I give him a town read. He's actively trying to search out scum.

Sapp - My read on her is null. She seems to be pushing for claims a lot, although that's obviously not very helpful in reading someone. She also seems to be a bit cautious, but again, that's not very helpful in reading someone.

Tej - He also seems cautious, although a bit more than Sapp, being unable to pin down who he wants to lynch. Given he is a noob, I can't read that much in that kind of behavior. He could either be too new to be able to read someone well, or he thinks that's a good strategy for being scum. My read on him is also null.

So Hoppi it seems like you are valued by scum, so stop what you're doing and scum hunt.
Saph i'm scumreading you because you got a null read from Sub. I think there is a possibility you could be scum, but im hoping not.

Tej now my scum reads on you have deepened after I read this.

Wylted and Sub Scum read me DP2. I think sub scumreading me, knowing I was town, added the cherry on the cake for me. Even though he said I was a nob, he left no room for me to be noob town, which indicated that he wanted me for a lynch that DP instead of himself. It is weird though because he townread wylted, And he was bussing his confirmation. I guess he didn't know that wylted was just going to hammer him, and I think wylted was counting on that, while he was drilling me for questions.

But if you notice Sub never said that Hoppi was town or scum, and giving how calculated sub's reads are, he may have left that out to cove his scum buddy. Same with Saph or tej.
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 4:36:14 PM
Sub didn't even read lannan either so that is a red flag.

Anyways, TOWN GET ACTIVE IM ABOUT TO FILL UP THIS PAGE WITH READS.

EVERY ONE PRESSURE LANNAN, TEJ or SAPH, and LETS CONFIRM HOPPI. REMEMBER HOW EAGER HE WAS TO GET LYNCHED AND THAT HE WAS NEVER CONFIRMED DP1.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 5:07:09 PM
VOTE COUNT

Tej (1/5) - Rev
Rev (1/5) - Afism
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 5:15:57 PM
At 7/10/2015 2:09:02 PM, RevNge wrote:
Dammit Wylted, why the fvck didn't you Doc yourself? There's literally no one here that's worth more protecting than you.

On another note, I'm back btches! I think I'll go with Tej for now, unless something happened in DP2.

VTL Tej

Have anything to say about my reads. If you character claim or soft claim, I will be willing to back you on your tej bus, because I also scum read him
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 7:05:30 PM
"Among your fellow mafia" sounds like three, but it could just be two. Given the theme, the other two mafia would have weak roles, I think.

I think the remaining mafia would be tej rev or hpg.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 7:50:00 PM
VOTE COUNT

Tej (1/5) - Rev
Rev (2/5) - Afism, Hoppi
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 8:35:04 PM
WHY ARE WE THE ONLY PEOPLE POSTING! COME ON! THIS IS WHY I TRY TO BE SELECTIVE WITH MY ACTIVITY!

Bsh1, is it possible for you to send an activity prompt or is it too early
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 10:04:19 PM
At 7/10/2015 7:05:30 PM, Hoppi wrote:
"Among your fellow mafia" sounds like three, but it could just be two. Given the theme, the other two mafia would have weak roles, I think.

Why Lannan. Why vote what is your reasoning
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:06:16 PM
AFism is inno, guys. Right now we need claims from Tej, Rev/Lannan, and HPG I think. Whoever is inactive.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:08:29 PM
At 7/10/2015 4:36:14 PM, AFism wrote:

EVERY ONE PRESSURE LANNAN, TEJ or SAPH, and LETS CONFIRM HOPPI. REMEMBER HOW EAGER HE WAS TO GET LYNCHED AND THAT HE WAS NEVER CONFIRMED DP1.

Lol why me? I've claimed and proven my role. And I don't think Hoppi would've claimed popular if he wasn't actually popular. But just that doesn't make him town--there are scum populars.

Tej and Rev, claim now.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:13:38 PM
At 7/10/2015 4:31:32 PM, AFism wrote:
Actually since wylted was town we should probably look through things his perspective also: He had a strong scum read on Saph, and Hoppi.

We also never confirmed hoppi DP1 because someone unvoted. I think it was tej. That couldve been a scumbuddy cop out. And I am noticing that hoppi was oddly quiet on subutai and vice versa. When subutai came in he automatically judged me first: A towny, then gave all of "his reads".

Subs Reads:

Hoppi - The fact that Hoppi is still alive indicates that his strategy does not seem to bother mafia too much. They may even value him. Or he could be mafia. Hoppi is a noob to mafia (this is his first beginner's series), so I'm not sure how to judge his affiliation, although I'm leaning slightly town on him because that seems like too much trouble for scum to go to for such little town cred.

AFism - Her behavior, especially this DP, has made me scum read her. While she's posted a lot, there has been little substance to her posts. She is also a relative noob, so I think she's either scum or TP, although if pushed, her non-assertiveness makes me think he's more scum, given his history.

Wylted - He seems to be all over the place in his lynches, but given how many games he's played and his behavior in them, because of this, I give him a town read. He's actively trying to search out scum.

Sapp - My read on her is null. She seems to be pushing for claims a lot, although that's obviously not very helpful in reading someone. She also seems to be a bit cautious, but again, that's not very helpful in reading someone.

Tej - He also seems cautious, although a bit more than Sapp, being unable to pin down who he wants to lynch. Given he is a noob, I can't read that much in that kind of behavior. He could either be too new to be able to read someone well, or he thinks that's a good strategy for being scum. My read on him is also null.

So Hoppi it seems like you are valued by scum, so stop what you're doing and scum hunt.
Saph i'm scumreading you because you got a null read from Sub. I think there is a possibility you could be scum, but im hoping not.

Tej now my scum reads on you have deepened after I read this.

Wylted and Sub Scum read me DP2. I think sub scumreading me, knowing I was town, added the cherry on the cake for me. Even though he said I was a nob, he left no room for me to be noob town, which indicated that he wanted me for a lynch that DP instead of himself. It is weird though because he townread wylted, And he was bussing his confirmation. I guess he didn't know that wylted was just going to hammer him, and I think wylted was counting on that, while he was drilling me for questions.

But if you notice Sub never said that Hoppi was town or scum, and giving how calculated sub's reads are, he may have left that out to cove his scum buddy. Same with Saph or tej.

Actually in light of what Subutai said about Hoppi, I might be willing to lynch him today. Him or Tej. He sounded quite uncertain about them, like he didn't want a strong read one way or the other making people suspicious about him. Thanks for bringing this back up, AFism.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:14:41 PM
Hoppi, I think it's high time you told us what you think the theme is and put together a character list. No sense in hiding it any longer. And in the meantime if you can claim as well, that would be great.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:18:11 PM
This is why I don't like playing when people are inactive. There's literally nothing I can do about reading them since they haven't posted.

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:31:16 PM
At 7/10/2015 11:08:29 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/10/2015 4:36:14 PM, AFism wrote:

Lol why me? I've claimed and proven my role. And I don't think Hoppi would've claimed popular if he wasn't actually popular. But just that doesn't make him town--there are scum populars.

Tej and Rev, claim now.

Only because wylted tried to scum read you and he was town cred since he is dead.
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2015 11:32:02 PM
At 7/10/2015 11:06:16 PM, Sapphique wrote:
AFism is inno, guys. Right now we need claims from Tej, Rev/Lannan, and HPG I think. Whoever is inactive.

LMAO I KNEW YOU COPED ME
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:13:18 AM
At 7/10/2015 11:14:41 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Hoppi, I think it's high time you told us what you think the theme is and put together a character list. No sense in hiding it any longer. And in the meantime if you can claim as well, that would be great.

What for? Tej, Rev, and hpg haven't claimed yet so why make it easy for them?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 12:14:54 AM
At 7/10/2015 10:04:19 PM, AFism wrote:
At 7/10/2015 7:05:30 PM, Hoppi wrote:

Why Lannan. Why vote what is your reasoning

Helping you put pressure on him to claim.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 8:25:29 AM
At 7/10/2015 11:32:02 PM, AFism wrote:
At 7/10/2015 11:06:16 PM, Sapphique wrote:

LMAO I KNEW YOU COPED ME

*shrug* It was either you or wylted lol. And now I'm glad I copped you, since Wylted ended up being NK'd so that wouldn't have been much use

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 8:27:28 AM
At 7/11/2015 12:13:18 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/10/2015 11:14:41 PM, Sapphique wrote:

What for? Tej, Rev, and hpg haven't claimed yet so why make it easy for them?

Are you just going to wait for everyone to claim, then? If they haven't been active before, what makes you think they'll be active now? At least out your own character, and those of whoever has claimed to you with those question thingies.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 8:46:35 AM
At 7/11/2015 8:27:28 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Are you just going to wait for everyone to claim, then? If they haven't been active before, what makes you think they'll be active now? At least out your own character, and those of whoever has claimed to you with those question thingies.

I just can't see any advantage in outing a claims list right now, especially because I townread everyone on the list ATM.

I'm okay lynching tej today. He's been online and active for hours and that's annoying at best. Rev's online now too. Inactives hurt us, so I'n okay lynching any of those three. What do you think?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 8:55:10 AM
At 7/11/2015 8:46:35 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/11/2015 8:27:28 AM, Sapphique wrote:

I just can't see any advantage in outing a claims list right now, especially because I townread everyone on the list ATM.
Just humor me. That information is something only you know right now, and town needs to know as much as possible. On the off-chance that you're scum, I also don't want you withholding anything that might be helpful to us. Either way, you're not outing the theme, so it won't really help the scum who need to fake-claim. So tell us your character and those of whoever claimed to you.
I'm okay lynching tej today. He's been online and active for hours and that's annoying at best. Rev's online now too. Inactives hurt us, so I'n okay lynching any of those three. What do you think?
I really don't like the "let's lynch inactives" thing that has sprung up. I know Wylted pushed for it, and it makes sense to some extent, but I can't help thinking that it's something that scum would say as a substitute to actually scumhunting. It's easy to take advantage of inactive townies that way and cause them to be mislynched. I want a reads list from you.

Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 9:45:23 AM
Reads list:

Sapphique: probably town bc of picking sub as guilty.
AFism: probably town bc found innocent by Sapphique. Also seems town
Scarlett: probably town because she joined in the sub lynch no problems and claimed on the first day. When she was mafia, her play was more defensive.
tej: extremely inactive and also weird when he is active. Probably scum
Rev: not sure. Need more info but leaning scum bc he's online but not posting.
Hpg: hadn't posted this game at all. Not sure why he hadn't been replaced. Null.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2015 9:47:36 AM
If there are 2 mafia remaining it means we have to get every single townie to vote. If hpg is town, we're really going to have trouble.