Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 38.3: ENDGAME

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 12:33:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Town wins!!

TOWN

Wylted - You are the USA. You have a really solid defense, with a 513 minute-long shut out streak. Because you know how to defend, you are the DOCTOR. Each night you may target a player and prevent them from being killed. You win with the town.

Rev - You are COLOMBIA. In a shock win, you delivered France a defeat. This major upset put you in a great position to advance. Because you blocked a powerhouse from winning a game it should've won, you are the 2-shot ROLEBLOCKER. Twice per game, you may select a target and block them from using their role. You win with the town.

Hoppi - You are CANADA. As the host nation, you have a ton of support. That makes you POPULAR. It takes 1 extra vote to lynch you. You win with the town.

HPG - You are NORWAY. You are the only team to lose at the second stage of the tournament when you were at first in the lead. Because you thought you were gonna win, but actually lost, you are the MILLER. People think you're mafia, but you're actually town. You win with the town.

Scarlett - You are BRAZIL. People had high hopes that you could repeat your successful 1999 and 2003 outings, yet you disappointed in a surprise loss to the people down under. Your impact on this tournament has been kinda "blah," and so you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

Saph - You are ENGLAND. You've scored in 5/6 games, which is an amazing feat at this caliber of an event. Because you have an affinity for finding out a way to score, you are the COP. You have an affinity for learning if people are town or scum. Each night, you may choose a player and learn whether they win with the mafia. You win with the town.

Afism - You are CAMEROON. As only the second African nation to advance that far, you not only represent the dreams of a continent, but you have dreams of reaching more historic, and perhaps record-breaking, achievements for yourselves. Thus, you are the DREAMER. Each night you will receive a dream containing 3 names. At least one name will be mafia and at least 1 will be town. These names will be as randomly selected as possible. You win with the town.

MAFIA

Tej - You are NIGERIA. You're team neither performed as the worst or the best, and, despite an impressive tie with Sweden, you were unremarkable. Because of this lack of consequence, you are the GOON; you have no role.

Sub - You are SPAIN. The strongest of mafia teams, you deserved to do better than you did. You played with really, demonstrable skill, yet won nothing. Still, you are a powerhouse here, amongst your fellow mafia, and thus you are the JOAT. You have the following 2-shot abilities: Strongman and Role Cop.

Rev (Lannan) - You are ECUADOR. You were the worst performing nation in the competition, and, as the King of the Worst, you must be the GODFATHER. A Cop will townread you.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Wylted - Doc Hoppi
Saph - Cop Sub
Sub - Role Cop Afism
Tej - NK Rev

NP2

Wylted - Doc Saph
Saph - Cop Afism
Rev - NK Wylted

MOD COMMENTS

Town could've done more theme analysis. The theme was FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 with Town being teams that advanced out of the group stage and mafia being teams that did not advance out of the group stage.

Mafia, for its part, lacked any kind of coordination at all. The only real advantage mafia has is its ability to coordinate with one another. Mafia didn't communicate. Tej should've discussed his CC, for instance. Really, no one in mafia bother to consult other mafiosos about anything, and mafia failed to generate a cohesive plan of action.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 12:36:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm also glad that I could conceal my role throughout my games and subtly imply my dreams, or I would've been dead
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:02:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I will be posting sign-ups for the next series within the next few (2-3) days.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:02:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 12:36:53 AM, AFism wrote:
I'm also glad that I could conceal my role throughout my games and subtly imply my dreams, or I would've been dead

What did you dream?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:13:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

Told you LANNAN should've been lynches DP1
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:03:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:02:45 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 12:36:53 AM, AFism wrote:
I'm also glad that I could conceal my role throughout my games and subtly imply my dreams, or I would've been dead

What did you dream?

I dreamt wylted subutai tej

and then tej saph scarlet
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 2:04:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

naw they were arguing over a cc XD
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 6:14:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:13:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

Told you LANNAN should've been lynches DP1

Yes. How did you know? Or were you just guessing?

Sorry for thinking you were scum but you really seemed scummy to me. Was that deliberate?
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 6:18:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 2:03:34 AM, AFism wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:02:45 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 12:36:53 AM, AFism wrote:
I'm also glad that I could conceal my role throughout my games and subtly imply my dreams, or I would've been dead

What did you dream?

I dreamt wylted subutai tej

and then tej saph scarlet

That explains why you scumread Scarlett. I couldn't figure out why.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 6:25:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 6:14:42 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:13:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

Told you LANNAN should've been lynches DP1

Yes. How did you know? Or were you just guessing?

Sorry for thinking you were scum but you really seemed scummy to me. Was that deliberate?

I just don't care if I seem scummy. I am who I am. I knew we had to lynch inactives early because of the hesitance to replace and them being a liability. I was pretty honest about my impressions from the get go though reading the DP after I died, it seems people were misinterpreting what I was saying. I seen Afism claiming I scum read people I didn't for example.
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 6:31:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 6:25:16 AM, Wylted wrote:
I just don't care if I seem scummy. I am who I am. I knew we had to lynch inactives early because of the hesitance to replace and them being a liability. I was pretty honest about my impressions from the get go though reading the DP after I died, it seems people were misinterpreting what I was saying. I seen Afism claiming I scum read people I didn't for example.

Part of the reason I thought you were scum was because I thought you wouldn't make such harsh comments to beginner in a beginners game. They actually made me laugh because I thought you were faking them. Then, when you were innocent, I thought it might have been strategy but now I think I must have really pissed you off. Why was that? Was it because I scum read you or because I didn't follow your instructions or what?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 8:58:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

How the fvck could I have, when if I did, Tej would've flipped scum and actually Nigeria?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 10:21:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 8:58:06 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:06:32 AM, Hoppi wrote:
I can see why Rev was so mad now. He could've turned it around though. Maybe.

How the fvck could I have, when if I did, Tej would've flipped scum and actually Nigeria?

Haha yeah that's true.
Hoppi
Posts: 1,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 10:31:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It was bad for us too though. We want to actually win rather than sit around watching mafia lose. I feel bad, even though we won.

I think tej probably just forgot that you were mafia. His mind is more on debating than on these games I think.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 1:43:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM, RevNge wrote:
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.

I just hope you didn't really mean it when you said you're not playing in beginner series again.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:26:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:43:00 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM, RevNge wrote:
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.

I just hope you didn't really mean it when you said you're not playing in beginner series again.

To be quite honest, I'm not so sure. I guess it'll depend on the player pool--for instance, in this one, I have very little hope in a couple of you, if not none, to be quite frank, that you'll eventually become good at playing Mafia (only a couple of you, mind you, and you might know who you are). I don't believe that inexperience can be an excuse for stupidity, laziness, or lack of logical thinking.

I mean, you don't just screw over your only scum buddy when there are three confirmed Townies in the player pool (the Cop, the innocent, and the Popular), and when you yourself were inactive as hell in the prior DP's and generally read as scum, unless you could turn the situation around into your favor. In Tej's case, he lacked the experience and ability to do so, so I'm still baffled as to why he turned on me like that.

I'm still pissed as fvck, btw, and I probably will always will be unless I can find a good game of Mafia to play.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:27:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 10:31:04 AM, Hoppi wrote:
It was bad for us too though. We want to actually win rather than sit around watching mafia lose. I feel bad, even though we won.

I think tej probably just forgot that you were mafia. His mind is more on debating than on these games I think.

I doubt that's likely, considering he just PM'ed me about the theme RIGHT BEFORE HE CC'ED ME.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:30:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 12:35:53 AM, AFism wrote:
I knew it was FIFA!!!!! And now we know why Rev was so pissed.

I thought the theme was quite obvious; partly because I saw Bsh discussing it in the Sports forums.

"Pissed" was an understatement, although I've now cooled down a little to only be "pissed" at the moment. He was in no position to bus me like that, much less outright character CC me. He pulled it off in a questionable behavior as well, not to mention that he was already scum read.

Also, I probably would've had a bit of an easier time if Lannan wasn't inactive for both of DP1 and DP2. Honestly.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 4:31:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 1:43:00 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM, RevNge wrote:
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.

I just hope you didn't really mean it when you said you're not playing in beginner series again.

I thought it was funny how you were voting me for the wrong reason since you forgot that I replaced for Lannan, btw. :P
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 5:48:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 6:18:20 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 2:03:34 AM, AFism wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:02:45 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 12:36:53 AM, AFism wrote:
I'm also glad that I could conceal my role throughout my games and subtly imply my dreams, or I would've been dead

What did you dream?

I dreamt wylted subutai tej

and then tej saph scarlet

That explains why you scumread Scarlett. I couldn't figure out why.

ANd why i was down for a wylted lynch. Yep
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 11:15:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 6:31:24 AM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/12/2015 6:25:16 AM, Wylted wrote:
I just don't care if I seem scummy. I am who I am. I knew we had to lynch inactives early because of the hesitance to replace and them being a liability. I was pretty honest about my impressions from the get go though reading the DP after I died, it seems people were misinterpreting what I was saying. I seen Afism claiming I scum read people I didn't for example.

Part of the reason I thought you were scum was because I thought you wouldn't make such harsh comments to beginner in a beginners game. They actually made me laugh because I thought you were faking them. Then, when you were innocent, I thought it might have been strategy but now I think I must have really pissed you off. Why was that? Was it because I scum read you or because I didn't follow your instructions or what?

You didn't make me mad. I think you were distracting town, when we could've been focusing on lynching scum. I think diverting focus from lynching scum is bad.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2015 11:17:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The non beginner games desperately need people. You guys should sign up, so those can get started. You guys have the basics down, you should be fine
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 8:43:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 11:17:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
The non beginner games desperately need people. You guys should sign up, so those can get started. You guys have the basics down, you should be fine

I don't think someone who CC's their only scumbuddy has "their basics down"; as scum, at least. But yes, I agree; a full beginner game should be enough to cover the basics of Mafia.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 10:04:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/13/2015 8:43:59 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/12/2015 11:17:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
The non beginner games desperately need people. You guys should sign up, so those can get started. You guys have the basics down, you should be fine

I don't think someone who CC's their only scumbuddy has "their basics down"; as scum, at least. But yes, I agree; a full beginner game should be enough to cover the basics of Mafia.

I meant they're aware of how the game is played.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 12:45:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/12/2015 4:31:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:43:00 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM, RevNge wrote:
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.

I just hope you didn't really mean it when you said you're not playing in beginner series again.

I thought it was funny how you were voting me for the wrong reason since you forgot that I replaced for Lannan, btw. :P

Ya, it confused me for a sec and then I was like OH WHOOPS. Sorry about that. It's weird when dead townies replace in again as someone else
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2015 12:46:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/13/2015 12:45:32 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/12/2015 4:31:19 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 7/12/2015 1:43:00 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/12/2015 8:58:46 AM, RevNge wrote:
And yes, Tej fvcked over the game for both of us to try and save his own skin, or to get rid of me. Either way, it was a stupidass decision.

I just hope you didn't really mean it when you said you're not playing in beginner series again.

I thought it was funny how you were voting me for the wrong reason since you forgot that I replaced for Lannan, btw. :P

Ya, it confused me for a sec and then I was like OH WHOOPS. Sorry about that. It's weird when dead townies replace in again as someone else

Anyway, the inactivity in this game was horrible, especially in the Mafia. I wish newbies would take more interest in playing.