Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 4:42:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Player: lannan13
Character: Music of My Heart
Affiliation: Mafia
Role: Godfather (when investigated, you appear as a vanilla townie would.)
Justification: While you are one of "N Sync"s most popular songs, you aren"t really an "N Sync song, you"re by Gloria Estefan.

No one died in the night.

Living Players
1. TUF
2. bossy
3. Dalt
4. Skepsikyma
5. EndarkenedRationalist
6. Sapphique
7. SolonKR
8. F-16/FT
9. 1harderthanyouthink
10. Wylted
11. Preston
12. Flail
13. XLAV
14. fazz

DP ends on July 24 at 6:00 PM eastern time.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:09:06 PM
My town pile at the moment is TUF, Dalt, Saph, myself, F16/FT, Preston, and perhaps XLAV. I lean town on Wylted and Bossy as well.

We can glean from yesterday's lynch that the mafia likely did not get fake claims, since Lannan was the first to claim, and he crashed and burned. As well, as somebody mentioned yesterday, his claim shows that scum are probably not coordinated. I followed that line of reasoning.
VTL Flail
Hey Flail, wanna tell us about last night?

Also, either the remaining mafia have fantastic roles, or there's probably a TP in play.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:33:45 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:32:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
How about mass character claiming?

Careful, you might get lynched for suggesting it. Trust me, I know.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:38:13 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:09:06 PM, SolonKR wrote:
My town pile at the moment is TUF, Dalt, Saph, myself, F16/FT, Preston, and perhaps XLAV. I lean town on Wylted and Bossy as well.

Why is TUF, Dalt, Saph, and Preston town?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:38:50 PM

We can glean from yesterday's lynch that the mafia likely did not get fake claims, since Lannan was the first to claim, and he crashed and burned. As well, as somebody mentioned yesterday, his claim shows that scum are probably not coordinated. I followed that line of reasoning.
VTL Flail

Also, either the remaining mafia have fantastic roles, or there's probably a TP in play.

What do you think about the possibility of a wylted/lannan bus? I can genuinely see lannan screwing up, there was just a few convenient factors to me.
1. lannan is generally known to be inactive, and has trouble being actively committed to most games. I can see him as a viable bus for his team.
2. Lannan made 0 defense against the CC last DP. He just up and left rather than fight the cc (a lot of time passed from his CC to the end of the DP, there's no way he wasn't online for that).
3. Wylted jumped in after CC'ing him and said "I should be confirmed town from this".

I will cede in advance that it is a little ballsy to waste a Godfather like that.

I know these suspicions aren't justification themselves to think this is a bus, but I would say we shouldn't be so quick to town read Wylted, if it is because of the CC alone that people do read him as town. What reasons do you town read wylted for, anyways?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:42:39 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:41:08 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Actually, nevermind. Characters are meaningless.

I agree. But I already claimed my role, so why not. I am "Gone".
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 5:43:37 PM

Actually I don't agree. There was a CC on sum, bus or not, a character claim there helped lynch scum.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:32:38 PM
I know its character analysis, but its also important. Logically, unless it was given as a fake claim - (do we have a clarification on whether those are in the game? May have been in OP but I missed it) - we have to assume that A Little More Time on You is Wylted's actual character, or else you risk ending up in a really awkward triple cc type situation.

That being said, IDK where I was going with this because I do know Seventh to be a mod who abhors reliance on thematic analysis and has before inconsistently placed characters with an affiliation you wouldn't expect. But, for it to be a bus; Wylted must be a mafioso with that character. And, if it was a bus, personally, I think I (as Wylted) would have pushed Lannan to defend himself more/say something to make it look less suspicious and artificial than it did.

All of that combined with scum randomly getting rid of their own godfather - who is also a likely investigation target, just being Lannan - doesn't make much sense to me. Take that how you want.

Still doesn't really understand the logical reason as to why Lannan randomly claimed, though. But it's Lannan, so I'm more tempted to assume that the cc was genuine.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
Flail
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:35:47 PM

There is a good chance the Doc knows a town due to their protect working.
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:36:01 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:43:37 PM, TUF wrote:

Actually I don't agree. There was a CC on sum, bus or not, a character claim there helped lynch scum.
To that extent, yes. But if you've played with Seventh on G+ (where he's modded a fair amount of times), you would probably know that Seventh games aren't often thematically consistent or the stereotype of what you'd expect them to be.

At least, in the two games I played with him modding; the mafia characters were literally random. I remember when he hosted High School Musical Mafia on G+ it was like, the black girl and the fat girl or something; both were 'protagonists' or good characters (that sounds horrible but I can't think of their names and I don't want to take the extra effort to google it, lol)
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:37:19 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:32:38 PM, Daltonian wrote:
I know its character analysis, but its also important. Logically, unless it was given as a fake claim - (do we have a clarification on whether those are in the game? May have been in OP but I missed it) - we have to assume that A Little More Time on You is Wylted's actual character, or else you risk ending up in a really awkward triple cc type situation.

That being said, IDK where I was going with this because I do know Seventh to be a mod who abhors reliance on thematic analysis and has before inconsistently placed characters with an affiliation you wouldn't expect. But, for it to be a bus; Wylted must be a mafioso with that character. And, if it was a bus, personally, I think I (as Wylted) would have pushed Lannan to defend himself more/say something to make it look less suspicious and artificial than it did.

All of that combined with scum randomly getting rid of their own godfather - who is also a likely investigation target, just being Lannan - doesn't make much sense to me. Take that how you want.

Still doesn't really understand the logical reason as to why Lannan randomly claimed, though. But it's Lannan, so I'm more tempted to assume that the cc was genuine.

What if some were given fake claims and "a Little more time on you" was the one they got? There's no risk of a triple cc then.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:38:41 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:35:47 PM, Flail wrote:

Scum probably were silly and went after wylted, who would have been an obvious doc target.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:42:23 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:38:13 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Why is TUF, Dalt, Saph, and Preston town?

I don't feel the need to justify them right now; it's a waste of breath unless an actual wagon starts to form on a town read of mine. On top of that, not elaborating encourages others to be more independent with their reads. I've been giving this list as more of a "I don't really want to lynch these people" list, than a "you all should agree with these opinions and here's why" list. I've never been a town leader, so I figured I'd make the best use of my normal role.

@Everyone: I also don't think Wylted is the best lead to pursue right now. He can probably be eliminated by PoE way later in the game if it comes to that.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:42:45 PM
So I just checked DP1, and turns out I didn't say something I had meant to. I said it in the signups thread, which is why other players had mentioned it. I made a characters list then randomized the affiliations.

http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:43:47 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:36:01 PM, Daltonian wrote:
At 7/22/2015 5:43:37 PM, TUF wrote:

To that extent, yes. But if you've played with Seventh on G+ (where he's modded a fair amount of times), you would probably know that Seventh games aren't often thematically consistent or the stereotype of what you'd expect them to be.

At least, in the two games I played with him modding; the mafia characters were literally random. I remember when he hosted High School Musical Mafia on G+ it was like, the black girl and the fat girl or something; both were 'protagonists' or good characters (that sounds horrible but I can't think of their names and I don't want to take the extra effort to google it, lol)

Do you think he botched theme analysis then? I had a theory about theme analysis based on lannan's flip and my own justification. I am the miller because I was Justin Timberlake's first solo away from the band making me not technically part of N'sync. Lannan's song was a song by Gloria Estefen that featured N'sync. I was theorizing that maybe songs that weren't entirely N'sync were scum. Then again it is hard to make that assumption based on one scum flip alone.

Does Seventh's G+ games normally have some theme to the scum choices?
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:45:51 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:42:23 PM, SolonKR wrote:
@Everyone: I also don't think Wylted is the best lead to pursue right now. He can probably be eliminated by PoE way later in the game if it comes to that.

Not a single person mentioned him as an option for lynch pursuit. At most I implied that we shouldn't just take his CC as town confirmations, that is the entirety of my point.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:46:47 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:42:45 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
So I just checked DP1, and turns out I didn't say something I had meant to. I said it in the signups thread, which is why other players had mentioned it. I made a characters list then randomized the affiliations.

Well there goes all my mod psychology theories. I forgot about that.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:46:59 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:35:47 PM, Flail wrote:

*Or there's a BP, but that's not exactly what I meant...
D'you wanna claim your character, please?
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:50:51 PM
At 7/22/2015 5:33:45 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/22/2015 5:32:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
How about mass character claiming?

Careful, you might get lynched for suggesting it. Trust me, I know.

Actually, in this case, it might actually be a good idea. Characters are good for nothing else in this set-up besides CC's.
I'd say Flail and Fazz should claim first, followed by Endark, 1harder, and Bossy.
Flail
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:53:26 PM
Why do you want character claims? Didn't scum run that scam in the other game just now?

How exactly is character claiming going to help town? Educate me.
Flail
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:55:48 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:43:47 PM, TUF wrote:
I am the miller

Then we should be lynching you now whilst we are ahead with a scum lynch on day 1.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:58:42 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:55:48 PM, Flail wrote:
I am the miller

Then we should be lynching you now whilst we are ahead with a scum lynch on day 1.

Are you kidding me? And you didn't say anything when I claimed DP1?

Also you were in GOT when Subutai got lynched for not claiming miller DP1. Wasn't that a big enough warning sign for you that Miller is a DP1 claim???
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 6:59:10 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:53:26 PM, Flail wrote:
Why do you want character claims? Didn't scum run that scam in the other game just now?

Don't discuss ongoing games anywhere but in their own thread. I've been pretty lenient about that with everyone, but I'm putting my foot down.

How exactly is character claiming going to help town? Educate me.

It's not hard. If you're scum, you have to lie. If you lie, a townie might have your character. If a townie has your character, you'll get CC'd.
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2015 7:00:02 PM
At 7/22/2015 6:55:48 PM, Flail wrote:
I am the miller

Jesus... 2 CCs in 2 DPs?
Unvote.