Beginners' Mafia 39.1: DP2

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 6:14:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
DIED IN THE NIGHT

Cotton - You are the VIGILANTE. Each night you may select another player to kill. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

Afism
Disc
Saph
Hoppi
Tej
Midnight
Harder (Rev)
Wylted

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 6:00pm, DDO time, on 7/28/15.

Good luck!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:24:55 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:19:51 PM, Hoppi wrote:
vtl harder

I need an explanation of your actions last night.

Care to let the rest of us know what these actions were?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:34:00 PM
VOTE COUNT

Harder (1/5) - Hoppi
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:36:50 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:35:43 PM, AFism wrote:
Im sorry but what is harder?

Harder is the user 1hardthanyouthink.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:38:22 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:36:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I meant role wise but thank you lol :)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:38:51 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:38:22 PM, AFism wrote:
At 7/26/2015 7:36:50 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I meant role wise but thank you lol :)

Oh, lol...I totally misread that...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:39:47 PM
VTL Wylted

Was on the fence about you, but now that I think about it nope. You are too passive this game, wagoning with others.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:44:37 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:24:55 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
vtl harder

Care to let the rest of us know what these actions were?

I want to see what he has to say first.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:46:16 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:41:59 PM, AFism wrote:
Oh yeah btw Hoppi I'm not forgetting about you. I'm lynching you by the end of this DP :)

So is your vote on wylted completely fake then?
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:47:13 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:46:16 PM, Hoppi wrote:
At 7/26/2015 7:41:59 PM, AFism wrote:
Oh yeah btw Hoppi I'm not forgetting about you. I'm lynching you by the end of this DP :)

So is your vote on wylted completely fake then?

Nope. I'm down with either of your lynches. Nice try on trying to invalidate my vote though.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:49:18 PM
vtl harder

Are you implying something about Harder? And where is your soft claim?
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:50:11 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:49:18 PM, Sapphique wrote:
vtl harder

Are you implying something about Harder? And where is your soft claim?

After he replies I'll answer this stuff.
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 7:59:21 PM
@Saph So how do you think mafia is planning their kills? Dis you see anything cotton might have said DP 1?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:04:26 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:59:21 PM, AFism wrote:
@Saph So how do you think mafia is planning their kills? Dis you see anything cotton might have said DP 1?

I was just thinking about that, and frankly I have no idea. All Cotton said was that his role imbibed more respect than fear or something, but it was general enough that I couldn't guess what it might be (probably a good thing). I expected the NK to be Disc.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:06:04 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:04:26 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 7/26/2015 7:59:21 PM, AFism wrote:

I was just thinking about that, and frankly I have no idea. All Cotton said was that his role imbibed more respect than fear or something, but it was general enough that I couldn't guess what it might be (probably a good thing). I expected the NK to be Disc.

This is why I don't like soft claiming too early tho, scum took a chance based on her claims and hit it right on the nail. Now town is left vulnerable.
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:10:53 PM
At 7/26/2015 7:33:47 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL harder

Let's see where this goes.

Any thoughts on last night's NK?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:11:22 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:06:04 PM, AFism wrote:

This is why I don't like soft claiming too early tho, scum took a chance based on her claims and hit it right on the nail. Now town is left vulnerable.

Yeah, good point. I think, in the future, the goal in DP1 should simply be to analyze behavior, and only pressure people for soft claims if they're acting suspicious. Less info for scum to use that way.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:22:40 PM
VOTE COUNT

Harder (2/5) - Hoppi, Wylted
Wylted (1/5) - Afism
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:24:06 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:10:53 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 7/26/2015 7:33:47 PM, Wylted wrote:
VTL harder

Let's see where this goes.

Any thoughts on last night's NK?

They probably figured out his role with too many hits, but fortunately they made an error in killing somebody who was likely to kill townies
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:26:20 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:24:06 PM, Wylted wrote:

They probably figured out his role with too many hits, but fortunately they made an error in killing somebody who was likely to kill townies

Too many hints? Cotton only gave one, and a vague one at that. But why do you say that they would likely kill townies?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:27:45 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:26:20 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Too many hints? Cotton only gave one, and a vague one at that. But why do you say that they would likely kill townies?

Noobs who get that role tend to target at random and odds are the target would be a townie. Also they get excited and feel like they must shoot every night. If I knew his role, I'd leave him alive.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:34:20 PM

Thoughts on what Wylted said regarding the NK?

AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:37:24 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:11:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Yeah, good point. I think, in the future, the goal in DP1 should simply be to analyze behavior, and only pressure people for soft claims if they're acting suspicious. Less info for scum to use that way.

So I'm rereading DP1 Again, and I'm analyzing who distanced, or town read cotton the most.

and then this post from DD stuck out to me

"I think cottons scum read on you, sapp, is potentially valid. I don't want to make it my primary concern though. I would like to focus on my new plan first."

Which was getting more soft claims from wylted and then I found this:

Posted: 2 days ago
At 7/24/2015 9:34:34 AM, Cotton_Candy wrote:
Okay right now we have three players who have claimed to be death activated roles. So it's pretty logical to assume that there has been a fake claim.

DISC: This is the line of reasoning I have been trying to push.

COTTON: Since 101 hasn't posted much, except for that one audacious statement of his, we are left with disc and wylted.

DISC: Its possible we are both town, but I am not certain that is the case.

COTTON: It would be pretty risky for anyone to fake claim right away at the start of the game since he is faced with the possibility of getting exposed to the one actually assigned with the 'role' but then again Wylted is an experienced player and we cannot shun the theory of him having some crooked strategy up his sleeve.

DISC: There are five death activated roles so he didn't really narrow it down much, which is why I asked him to narrow it down more, to see if we could catch him in a lie or possibly confirm him. So far he hasn't cooperated...

COTTON:
As for disc, he claimed in a desperate situation when everyone were on his trail, I believe that if he wanted to fake claim he could have done so with a character that has not been claimed yet so as to avoid more suspicions being thrown at him, but still he didn't choose to do so, so I partly believe he might be telling the truth.

DISC:
Just so happens you are correct.

Cotton:
What do you guys think?

Disc:
I think Wylted is suspect due to not going with my plan or at least give a very good reason not to other than just a general statement against soft claims in general. With that in mind...

VTL Wylted for pressure to answer these questions:

Does your role kill?

Can it be activated by night kill, or only by lynch?

Knowing this info plus my own role and what 101 seems to have claimed I will probably be able to confirm or condemn him.

Everyone else should vtl him to L-3 to pressure him as well. Worst case scenario I say he is scum when he is really town and you all lynch me DP2. Who's with me?
-------------------------
I'm finding it interesting that he scum read Wylted because he wasn't for exposing town.

Although I am scum reading him now too, its based on behavior. Disc scum read him because he wasn't complying with his role fishing, and that he made a general saying about how he doesn't like sc's and what they do.

When disc had only claimed passive, and death activated like everyone else.

This whole shenanigan seemed to bring tej and Disc closer though, instead of cotton and disc though, and I found this odd. Cotton was mostly ignored after that with her analysis.

In the first post I copied, he brushed off the part where Cotton suspected him and wylted TOGETHER. It is seems like he knew this after people started to sc, that it was between wylted and him for elaboration, because it was obvious that they were both the ones that posted vague assertions.

Disc brushed everyone off about protecting his role, and wylted brushed everyone off in the name of hurting town.

Just trying to outline some behavior that I'm finding very similar among players.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:37:26 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:34:20 PM, Sapphique wrote:

Thoughts on what Wylted said regarding the NK?

What was your soft claim or claim again?
AFism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:41:39 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:27:45 PM, Wylted wrote:

Noobs who get that role tend to target at random and odds are the target would be a townie. Also they get excited and feel like they must shoot every night. If I knew his role, I'd leave him alive.

Oh really? He is the most powerful towny and you say that you would leave a vig alive? Dude please. You are opportunistic as hell, and now your lying. Cottons SC literally SCREAMED power role and yet you are also neglecting to acknowledge that. I mean imbibes respect? I was pissed when I first saw it because I automatically thought pr, when he posted that.

You really trying that hard not to ruffle any feathers this game?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2015 8:43:45 PM
At 7/26/2015 8:41:39 PM, AFism wrote:
At 7/26/2015 8:27:45 PM, Wylted wrote:

Oh really? He is the most powerful towny and you say that you would leave a vig alive? Dude please. You are opportunistic as hell, and now your lying. Cottons SC literally SCREAMED power role and yet you are also neglecting to acknowledge that. I mean imbibes respect? I was pissed when I first saw it because I automatically thought pr, when he posted that.

You really trying that hard not to ruffle any feathers this game?

I don't care if I do. At best I'm always a good Mislynch and am never killed and get to win the game for town, at worst I'm lynched or NKed and since I'm a death activated role, I'm also going to help town.